User Reviews for Ranexa

Learn more about Ranexa.

Angina 37 reviews 128 medications

Summary of Ranexa reviews 37 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ranexa

For Angina "This caused dizziness, diarrhea, low blood pressure, nausea, and eventually liver failure for my parent, after less than one month of use. Research this before you start taking this drug."

offspring (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Have been taking this drug for over five years. Had a great drug plan so the $50.00 for a 90 day supply didn't bother me even though I never thought that the drug did anything. Have had two heart bypass surgeries and four stents placed in my coronary arteries in the past 20 years. Cardiologist prescribed this drug cause he ran out of options for my angina. Like I said, never did anything. Recently I lost my good drug plan and now my new Part 'D' prescription drug plan has me paying $225.00 per month for this drug........ridiculous. The manufacturer offers discounts on line which is just another 'rip'. Their own product literature says that 'we don't really understand how it works'.....well guess what; it doesn't. This drug is a scam"

dooba (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I have never felt so out of control in my life, the severe anxiety was terrifying. The tapping sensations in my face and leg were so acute,it was intolerable. I am now bleeding when I urinate. Constipation and swollen stomach are awful. I am only on 375my X 2 per day. I've stopped taking them yesterday have felt a lot better, but had a angina attack this morning. Waiting to have a conversation with my gp. Via phone. I am due for an angiogramme on this Friday, toponin levels after my last hospital episode were 3 on arrival but after twelve hours were 26. WAS TOLD NEED ANGIOGRAM. can anyone on here tell me what to expect and if any of your experiences are similar. I also had a tumor removed from my ureter, and have had bladder cancer. "

Tiggy6969 January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I have suffered from Angina for the past 5 years. Since I started Renexa there are days I go with no Angina symptoms. I have been on Renexa 500mg twice a day. When I do experience Angina symptoms they can last 1 to 2 days in a row and pretty strong symptoms. It can be very frustrating! My cardiologist has ran several test bloodwork, CT Angiogram, stress test, etc... He currently is just monitoring me and has me on Renexa, Metropolol 50 mg and 40 mg of simvastatin."

Bag of bones January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "took 1000 mg tab Friday evening Saturday morning and evening. Have had Diaraeh since midnigtht Friday night"

Santa Larry December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I was prescribed Renexa to increase blood flow in preparation for a heart cath. Heart cath showed no heart disease. Upon taking Renexa, by the 2nd day I observed that my Fibromyalgia pain was completely gone! My cardiologist said they have seen cases where it has helped with fibromyalgia. He said I absolutely could continue with Renexa for fibromyalgia. I have not taken a single pain pill since!"

Jansnestings (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Took Ranexa for a short period and experienced severe urinary symptoms. After being examined by a Nephrologist, I was found to have an acute kidney failure. He immediately took me off Ranexa - and with long and disciplined treatment I was brought back to "almost normal" kidney function. However, it is clear from my regular blood tests over several years that Ranexa has caused lasting kidney damage which shows evidence of being permanent.."

lb_bad_ranexa September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Suffered from angina on excersion. Have had now 6 cath, 7 stents and a bypass. Started on 500 mg twice a day. I was increased to 1000 mg twice a day, by the 4th day I was so sick. Dizzy, confused, high blood pressure ended up in the hospital. Went back on 500 because I thought it was the ranexa. After another check up my doctor told me he was sure it wasn't the 1000 mg dose so I increased it , four days in and wham felt horrible. Went back to 500 and felt alright and didn't need my nitro. But then I got blocked up and had my seventh stent. No angina now and I came of the ranexa."

Steve101360 July 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I have been taking Ranexa twice a day for 1 1/2 years as l have Prinzemetal Angina. I am unable to function without it. I also find the following tablets very effective Adalat and Dipen which widen my arteries. I getting swelling so l take Lasix for that."

Ms E June 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I am on Ronexa 1000mg since 1 year now. I still have pain in chest and arm, plus serious constipation and terible memory Los it's short term memory loss I am talking. Like going for glass of water from fridge and forget half the way why I walk upto there."

Ansur April 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Have been Taking for 3 years, not a single side effect, since I take 14 different medications for various issues, I have thoroughly tested this medication in and out for side effects, everyone is different and reacts different to medications...I take 1000mg a day."

Scotttman8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Wish I could say it was effective, but I could not get past the side effects within the first week. I was light-headed,dizz, faint and did not feel much like myself. The doctor told me I needed an adjusting period. By the second week, it was too much and I stop taking the pills. So now I'm wearing a nitroglycerin patch and carry Nitro pills with me at all times. I'm on an EECP machine which dilates vessels and supposedly encourages new vessel growth. This treatment is 5 days a week, 1 hour per session for 7 weeks."

Gbgoul (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Was having bad bouts of angina daily. Could not sweep with a broom the entire floor and stood on a nightly basis to try and get to sleep cause. Since ranexa its like I can sleep I can clean a little more. Its just what I need if I can get past all the side effects."

Tonya T (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Caused nausea, dizziness"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Have been taking Ranexa for 6 months (as of 10/29/2015) - 500mg twice daily. Pretty much worthless. Still have chest pains; still using nitro pills"

retiredpub October 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Weight loss. Glucose reduction , off insulin. Taking orals only."

shielarae August 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "After some scary bouts of angina the Dr. put me on Ranexa. I am really impressed what i can work hard at age 74 minus the chest pains. I was pleasantly surprised when my A1c dropped significantly. I have had some problems that I am not sure if they are side effects. Serious swelling of my feet and ankles, increase in neuropathic pain in my feet and toes and wrists. Weight gain that I can't explain and bloating of abdomen. I will contact the cardiologist to see if the dosage can be less than 500 mg twice a day."

Jerry K. June 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "To me, this is a wonder drug!! I'm serious! I'm not saying that my chest pains with palpitations are completely gone because they're not. Yet, with Ranexa, I can deal with it. The first time I began taking it I walked about 3-4 blocks without stopping to catch my breath. At first it scared me thinking I did or was doing something wrong. But it was the Ranexa that made the difference!"

Onetwentyfive (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I have been on Ranexa for approximately 5 years and do not have any angina since then. My only side effect that I have from this medication is "ringing in the ears" since I went on this medication, otherwise no complaints except for the cost."

Mr E March 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I had a cardiac cath Sept 2013, I was diagnosed with heart failure, a blockage that can not be repaired and obstructed cardiomyothrapy also 2 heart attacks, before Ranexa, I was in alot of pain, I take 1000 mg twice a day, all though I do have some pain, Ranexa has helped alot and given me some relief, my Dr said that was normal with my conditions, but I have gotten some relief"

moonkey February 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I had a triple bypass surgery 23 years ago.My SVG is wearing out.Had a blockage in it 3 months ago, had a cath and a stent put in. 3 days later had an MI caused by a complete block in the SVG. Had another cath and 2 stents put in.2 months later started Cardiac rehab. Started getting angina walking and stress. Went on Ranexa 500mg twice aday. After the first day no angina. Went to the gym after 7 days on med and did 15 mins on treadmill, 15 on bike and 10 on eliptical. No angina pain. Only side affect I noticed is right below my sterum, I occasionly have a slight spasm..See the Dr. in a week to discuss. Slight hard bowel movements, need to drink more fluids and occasional stool softer. But worth it, with no angina pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "After my last MI, my only recourse was Ranexa because a stent was not able to be inserted. The next night at the hospital I had three episodes of angina like never before. I almost screamed for a nitro pill. Since being on Ranexa I have taken less than five nitro pills in over a year."

rehoboth50 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "Before Ranexa I could not go a day without needing a nitro for the chest pain. Now if I need 1 nitro a month that is a lot. BUT the side effects are terrible. The bloated feeling and stomach aches are terrible and the constipation has been so bad I need to use MiraLax daily along with a stool softener in the morning and evening. Do not know if I can tolerate the GI problems much longer."

nurse mike (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I was having trouble even functioning due to the spasms and chest pain I was experiencing. I experienced immediate relief when prescribed Ranexa. I can not describe the change I have experienced in quality of life. I had a heart attack five years ago at the age of 34 from a spasm that went out of control. I don't want that again! The spasms are much more controlled now, and I hardly ever have one that requires Nitro."

Becks (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angina "I've been taking it for three months. I haven't used a nitro in that time. The chest pain I experienced in breathing cold or humid air, or after climbing, or even after stress has dissipated to an unexpected and happy extent. However, the side effects are bothersome, though not insurmountable. Dry mouth, almost continuously, which sometimes affects ability to speak clearly. Constipation, overcome by hard bowel movements, use of stool softeners. And just a general feeling of stuffiness, in body, in sinuses, elsewhere. Hard to say whether I would recommend it. The annoyances at times are major; the feeling of freedom from the chest pain and fear greatly offset the annoyances so far. Incidentally, I am 77, with only one open artery."

tortprof (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2013