User Reviews for Ranexa

Angina 30 reviews 128 medications

8.5
Summary of Ranexa reviews 30 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Ranexa

For Angina "Suffered from angina on excersion. Have had now 6 cath, 7 stents and a bypass. Started on 500 mg twice a day. I was increased to 1000 mg twice a day, by the 4th day I was so sick. Dizzy, confused, high blood pressure ended up in the hospital. Went back on 500 because I thought it was the ranexa. After another check up my doctor told me he was sure it wasn't the 1000 mg dose so I increased it , four days in and wham felt horrible. Went back to 500 and felt alright and didn't need my nitro. But then I got blocked up and had my seventh stent. No angina now and I came of the ranexa."

Steve101360 July 15, 2016

For Angina "I have been taking Ranexa twice a day for 1 1/2 years as l have Prinzemetal Angina. I am unable to function without it. I also find the following tablets very effective Adalat and Dipen which widen my arteries. I getting swelling so l take Lasix for that."

Ms E June 18, 2016

For Angina "I am on Ronexa 1000mg since 1 year now. I still have pain in chest and arm, plus serious constipation and terible memory Los it's short term memory loss I am talking. Like going for glass of water from fridge and forget half the way why I walk upto there."

Ansur April 6, 2016

For Angina "Have been Taking for 3 years, not a single side effect, since I take 14 different medications for various issues, I have thoroughly tested this medication in and out for side effects, everyone is different and reacts different to medications...I take 1000mg a day."

Scotttman8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

For Angina "Wish I could say it was effective, but I could not get past the side effects within the first week. I was light-headed,dizz, faint and did not feel much like myself. The doctor told me I needed an adjusting period. By the second week, it was too much and I stop taking the pills. So now I'm wearing a nitroglycerin patch and carry Nitro pills with me at all times. I'm on an EECP machine which dilates vessels and supposedly encourages new vessel growth. This treatment is 5 days a week, 1 hour per session for 7 weeks."

Gbgoul (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

For Angina "Was having bad bouts of angina daily. Could not sweep with a broom the entire floor and stood on a nightly basis to try and get to sleep cause. Since ranexa its like I can sleep I can clean a little more. Its just what I need if I can get past all the side effects."

Tonya T (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Angina "Caused nausea, dizziness"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

For Angina "Have been taking Ranexa for 6 months (as of 10/29/2015) - 500mg twice daily. Pretty much worthless. Still have chest pains; still using nitro pills"

retiredpub October 29, 2015

For Angina "Weight loss. Glucose reduction , off insulin. Taking orals only."

shielarae August 7, 2015

For Angina "After some scary bouts of angina the Dr. put me on Ranexa. I am really impressed what i can work hard at age 74 minus the chest pains. I was pleasantly surprised when my A1c dropped significantly. I have had some problems that I am not sure if they are side effects. Serious swelling of my feet and ankles, increase in neuropathic pain in my feet and toes and wrists. Weight gain that I can't explain and bloating of abdomen. I will contact the cardiologist to see if the dosage can be less than 500 mg twice a day."

Jerry K. June 7, 2015

For Angina "To me, this is a wonder drug!! I'm serious! I'm not saying that my chest pains with palpitations are completely gone because they're not. Yet, with Ranexa, I can deal with it. The first time I began taking it I walked about 3-4 blocks without stopping to catch my breath. At first it scared me thinking I did or was doing something wrong. But it was the Ranexa that made the difference!"

Onetwentyfive (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2015

For Angina "I have been on Ranexa for approximately 5 years and do not have any angina since then. My only side effect that I have from this medication is "ringing in the ears" since I went on this medication, otherwise no complaints except for the cost."

Mr E March 20, 2015

For Angina "I had a cardiac cath Sept 2013, I was diagnosed with heart failure, a blockage that can not be repaired and obstructed cardiomyothrapy also 2 heart attacks, before Ranexa, I was in alot of pain, I take 1000 mg twice a day, all though I do have some pain, Ranexa has helped alot and given me some relief, my Dr said that was normal with my conditions, but I have gotten some relief"

moonkey February 15, 2015

For Angina "I had a triple bypass surgery 23 years ago.My SVG is wearing out.Had a blockage in it 3 months ago, had a cath and a stent put in. 3 days later had an MI caused by a complete block in the SVG. Had another cath and 2 stents put in.2 months later started Cardiac rehab. Started getting angina walking and stress. Went on Ranexa 500mg twice aday. After the first day no angina. Went to the gym after 7 days on med and did 15 mins on treadmill, 15 on bike and 10 on eliptical. No angina pain. Only side affect I noticed is right below my sterum, I occasionly have a slight spasm..See the Dr. in a week to discuss. Slight hard bowel movements, need to drink more fluids and occasional stool softer. But worth it, with no angina pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2014

For Angina "After my last MI, my only recourse was Ranexa because a stent was not able to be inserted. The next night at the hospital I had three episodes of angina like never before. I almost screamed for a nitro pill. Since being on Ranexa I have taken less than five nitro pills in over a year."

rehoboth50 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2014

For Angina "Before Ranexa I could not go a day without needing a nitro for the chest pain. Now if I need 1 nitro a month that is a lot. BUT the side effects are terrible. The bloated feeling and stomach aches are terrible and the constipation has been so bad I need to use MiraLax daily along with a stool softener in the morning and evening. Do not know if I can tolerate the GI problems much longer."

nurse mike (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2013

For Angina "I was having trouble even functioning due to the spasms and chest pain I was experiencing. I experienced immediate relief when prescribed Ranexa. I can not describe the change I have experienced in quality of life. I had a heart attack five years ago at the age of 34 from a spasm that went out of control. I don't want that again! The spasms are much more controlled now, and I hardly ever have one that requires Nitro."

Becks (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2013

For Angina "I've been taking it for three months. I haven't used a nitro in that time. The chest pain I experienced in breathing cold or humid air, or after climbing, or even after stress has dissipated to an unexpected and happy extent. However, the side effects are bothersome, though not insurmountable. Dry mouth, almost continuously, which sometimes affects ability to speak clearly. Constipation, overcome by hard bowel movements, use of stool softeners. And just a general feeling of stuffiness, in body, in sinuses, elsewhere. Hard to say whether I would recommend it. The annoyances at times are major; the feeling of freedom from the chest pain and fear greatly offset the annoyances so far. Incidentally, I am 77, with only one open artery."

tortprof (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2013

For Angina "Ranexa has definitely helped with my angina, but I am pretty certain it has contributed to an appx 20 pound weight gain as well. I am not sure if getting off the medication would help me lose the weight, but I dont want the angina back either, so I am not sure what to say. Its very effective for the angina but it can have some unwanted side-effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2012

For Angina "I started taking this medication last night, Feb 19 2012 , and I have experienced a lot of gas. I was up most of the night going to bathroom, and today I'm experiencing a strange sensation in my chest but its not pain. It almost feels like a tingle and I have a cough also. I also have anxiety and headaches."

dustyrose45 February 20, 2012

For Angina "Ranexa stopped the angina and I felt much better but the side effects were awful. Severe confusion, memory loss, vomiting, increased urination (so much so I was up every hour or so at night)."

Anonymous February 11, 2012

For Angina "My doctor started me on two doses daily (am and pm) in August, 2011. The second day on it, I was on a camping trip and developed an itchy rash on my lower arms and hands, and my lower legs. I didn't connect it to the Ranexa so I went to my regular doctor and my dermatologist. The dermatologist told me to stop taking the Ranexa and wait for my my cardiologist to come back in town. As it turned out I was having a "sun sensitivity" to the medicine. He cut my dosage to once at night and I have not had any more problems with a rash. However, a month or so after I started taking the medicine, I started having "shaking episodes". I did tell my cardiologist the last time I saw him. It is mainly my hands shaking."

reva schwan January 20, 2012

For Angina "Great medicine. I was taking 2 or 3 nitros daily. Took first Ranexa and pain just started going away. Now I take 1 or 2 nitros a week. I have 4 blockages at 100 % and 1 at 60% and I hardly have any angina. I learned my limits on what I can do. But I still can drive and work a little in our yard. Ranexa is a miracle."

60 year old man October 10, 2011

For Angina "I am 89 rears old. 1986- quadruple open heart surgery; three bare stents inserted 8 years later; using an ARB, a beta blocker, have been on warfarin for ten years since my stroke in 2001, plus Imdur 60 mgm twice a day. I still experienced angina, after walking, after sitting too long. Started Ranexa one month ago-results are amazing- NO ANGINA! 500 mgm twice a day. Thank you, Gilead Science for developing this amazing medicine. "

seymour712 September 12, 2011

For Angina "Prior to my diagnosis of heart disease I suffered daily with what I thought was heartburn and indigestion. I ate Tums like candy. Sometimes it would get so bad I would chug a couple of diet sodas just so I could burp, which seemed to help. Then I had a stress test which led to having a heart cath done. I have a 100% blockage in my RCA and two other smaller blockages. Once I started Ranexa all of what I used to believe was heartburn/indigestion stopped. It is amazing."

blainiac April 15, 2009