User Reviews for Rozerem

Insomnia
4.6

Summary of Rozerem reviews 4.6 69 reviews

Reviews for Rozerem

For Insomnia "Tried Rozerem for several nights as alternative to Ambien. Rozerem had no effect in helping me to get to sleep. Will not use again."

Mr Vienna (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

For Insomnia "tried this one night. I had horrible nightmare, woke up with heart beating rapidly, took about 2 hours to get back to sleep, went straight into same nightmare. Repeated 4 times that night. Never will try again."

ckm (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Insomnia "I had bad side effects, headache, dizziness just with half of the pill"

anna September 9, 2018

For Insomnia "Does not really help that much. A bit better but I still have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep."

MySharona (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Insomnia "Took this for two nights. Was wide awake all night, my heart racing. Now I'm crazy tired. Going back to my other meds which worked better."

Beaner (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Insomnia "Just started this medication tonight. Have been up all night. I am sure it takes awhile to straighten out your sleep cycle. I will stay with it to see if it works down the road. Will be worth it not to be addicted to a medication to sleep. Also think I will try Valerian Root"

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For Insomnia "Took Klonopin, Amitriptyline or Xanax for 15-20 years as aids to cure insomnia. Got off all of it a month ago, have had HORRID withdrawal and INSOMNIA since. Tried everything my doctor and I could think of to help me sleep. Just started Rozerem last night. Went very well and am hoping this is IT!! Love that it's not habit forming and I can continue to take it as long as needed. Hoping I will be able to eventually sleep on my own without any prescription meds."

pat (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Insomnia "This is a terrible medication. I have been taking Trazadone for insomnia for many years. I wanted to try something different because Trazadone causes fatigue. I did not sleep one wink after taking this medication for two nights, and my body ached throughout the night. I don't know how this medicine was ever approved for sleep. I feel terrible today. I will "never" take this drug again."

PK1947 February 21, 2018

For Insomnia "I took Rozerem twice for sleep and it had the opposite intended effect on me. Both nights it kept me wide awake and my mind was razor sharp - Not what I needed :("

Anonymous January 29, 2018

For Insomnia "Second time I've tried this and again does not work. Was hoping the first time maybe I should have stayed on it longer. Used Zolpidem which worked great but insurance wouldn't offer it anymore so tried Rozerem for 1st time. Have tried Edluar which started working for me and the supplier is out???? Back to the only one left which was Rozerem and it's been 3 nights of no sleep UGH"

hawkssr (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

For Insomnia "I'm in day 5 for me it hasn't been as bad as others have had it. It's effective for making me fall asleep but I still wake up early. I actually dream versus not before so that's a good sign I'm going into a deeper sleep. The next I feel more tired though. A big part of sleep is not just meds, I like others rely on them too much. There so much you can do in addition to sleep meds. Like proper sleep hygiene, no TV or screens at least an hour before bed, stress relief through exercise maybe yoga, whatever works. It's a lot of personal responsibility that people don't take including me. I'm trying thought."

Chibry (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

For Insomnia "My insurance company, Medicare Part D, decided they knew better than my Dr and myself and held my Zolpidem hostage until I tried this Rozerem. My zolpidem was completely effective, no side effects at all. I tried this drug 1 night and would never try it again. Took way longer to feel even remotely sleepy almost 2 hours, then felt like in a half sleep-completely aware but closing eyes made some weird things go by in mind and scary too, almost paranoid feeling. Felt like any effect from it wore off in several hours but had a hangover/drugged effect next day. I also had nausea with it and copay was way more expensive. My problem is 2-fold; getting to sleep and falling asleep. Needless to say, this drug did not work for me!"

Rozeremcrazydrug (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

For Insomnia "Scary!!! Was only able to be on this drug for a few weeks. It gradually increased depression to such a degree that I almost admitted myself to the ER for depression watch. I've never felt depression like this. It peaked in the morning and let up by the afternoon. (3-4pm). It's now the third day since I took it and it is lifting more and more every day. Never again!"

Billybatts (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

For Insomnia "I use Rozerem as a back up when my Halcion stops working due to overuse. I find that the Rozerem definitely knocks me out for a good number of hours. The only side effect is the feeling of a mild hangover in the morning. But overall, it is a good back up to have in your arsenal when you suffer from severe insomnia as I do."

N_B June 22, 2017

For Insomnia "I was prescribed this medication for my chronic insomnia. I took 8mg at bedtime without success. Never worked to allow me to go to sleep."

Dreamlove2901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2017

For Insomnia "It's very expensive for it NOT to be effective. My insurance paid $400 & my copay was $100. Pharmacy said it was effective which within 3 days nothing happen. It seems I stayed up longer. Took it at 9 pm. Supposedly you are to take it 30 minutes before bedtime. I stayed up till 4 am & 5 am. I took Advil PM since I had to get some sleep. It was more effective then this very expensive medication that I can't get a refund. Do not buy it unless your insurance covers it all. Maybe asked for a sample before buying a month supply."

Fossil1954 April 2, 2017

For Insomnia "I have difficulty falling and staying alseep. Rozerem actually increased the time it takes me to fall asleep from about 3 hours to 6 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

For Insomnia "My Doc recently refused to renew my Rx for Ristoril 30mg and switched me to Rozerem 8mg. I'm beginning to think she's playing me with a placebo. My problem has never been falling asleep; it is staying asleep that's problematic. With the Ristoril it was lights out for 6 - 8 hrs. Now I'm staring at the ceiling till sunrise after about 1.5 hrs. of light sleep. The spontaneous naps during daylight whenever I sit or recline exacerbate the problem at night. I'm getting ready to doctor shop."

Ridgetop 12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

For Insomnia "Nothing worked on me ambien, sonatata, Valium , this WORKS"

Purrfect0ne (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been taking it for four nights. I fall asleep for about an hour and go into a state of mind in which my mind is awake but my body is asleep. Then my body wakes up after one hour and I am awake for the rest of the night feeling extremely fidgety like I need to pace or jump out of my skin. The feeling continues for about 12 hours. I can't take it anymore. If it had no effect, I would keep taking it waiting for that magical night that many seem to express happens. This reaction frightens me. I don't want to chance rage like Wellbutrin causes in me."

Chooch_2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

For Insomnia "Drowsiness but no sleep, so much worse than the Ambien and Lunesta that at least work a little. Finally fell asleep at 6am, woke three hours later, felt like death all day. Dizzy, drowsy, poor appetite, felt like my body was made of lead. I'm often low energy but this was scary. Took for one night, would rather stay awake all night than do it againz"

Ophelia7221 September 22, 2016

For Insomnia "my issues with sleep have always been getting to sleep ok but waking up 3am and difficulty getting back to sleep. to counter this i take 20mg of doxepin which works wonderfully and lessens my general anxiety and depression. However recently i had trouble falling asleep (work stresses) and the dox doesn't work like that. so my doc prescribed rozerem 8mg and in conjunction with the low dose dox it worked wonders. only had to take it a couple days to get my sleep cycle back on track. like melatonin it produces crazy weird dreams but no bad side effects. now i only take it occasionally when anxiety strikes causing bad sleep induction insomnia. Even with my copay it's expensive @ $5/dose (doxepin 5 cents/dose). Recc for occasional."

HistorianX September 17, 2016

For Insomnia "Medication did not keep me asleep. No trouble falling asleep, but awoke only a few hours later. Extreme exacerbation of depression occurred. Loss of appetite, loss of taste, olfactory hallucinations ( the smell of burning cigars?), occurred no explanation given. Only used the drug 2 nights but these experiences frightened me I will not use again."

New Jersey Consumer September 10, 2016

For Insomnia "I love this medication. I had no luck with Ambien. Rozerem is PERFECT for what I need it for - it's not so much that I have insomnia, but a delayed sleep phase. Rozerem doesn't necessary PUT me to sleep, but HELPS me fall asleep if I'm willing, which can help me retain a diurnal rhythm without difficulty. I would not recommend this for someone who needs to be "knocked out" into sleep - it is not that strong. I also recommend taking it exactly as directed - 30 minutes before you plan to go to sleep, and then actually PLAN on sleeping. If you pop a pill then stare at the computer or read a book, it won't be able to do its job (speaking from experience). Like I said, it doesn't force you to sleep, it helps you to sleep."

Kmacca March 28, 2016

For Insomnia "It works most of the time, but some nights I still only sleep about 5 hours."

Lcrow324 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2016