User Reviews for Rozerem

Learn more about Rozerem.

Rozerem Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 107 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Rozerem to treat Insomnia

"Scary!!! Was only able to be on this drug for a few weeks. It gradually increased depression to such a degree that I almost admitted myself to the ER for depression watch. I've never felt depression like this. It peaked in the morning and let up by the afternoon. (3-4pm). It's now the third day since I took it and it is lifting more and more every day. Never again!"

Billybatts (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I use Rozerem as a back up when my Halcion stops working due to overuse. I find that the Rozerem definitely knocks me out for a good number of hours. The only side effect is the feeling of a mild hangover in the morning. But overall, it is a good back up to have in your arsenal when you suffer from severe insomnia as I do."

N_B June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this medication for my chronic insomnia. I took 8mg at bedtime without success. Never worked to allow me to go to sleep."

Dreamlove2901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's very expensive for it NOT to be effective. My insurance paid $400 & my copay was $100. Pharmacy said it was effective which within 3 days nothing happen. It seems I stayed up longer. Took it at 9 pm. Supposedly you are to take it 30 minutes before bedtime. I stayed up till 4 am & 5 am. I took Advil PM since I had to get some sleep. It was more effective then this very expensive medication that I can't get a refund. Do not buy it unless your insurance covers it all. Maybe asked for a sample before buying a month supply."

Fossil1954 April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have difficulty falling and staying alseep. Rozerem actually increased the time it takes me to fall asleep from about 3 hours to 6 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My Doc recently refused to renew my Rx for Ristoril 30mg and switched me to Rozerem 8mg. I'm beginning to think she's playing me with a placebo. My problem has never been falling asleep; it is staying asleep that's problematic. With the Ristoril it was lights out for 6 - 8 hrs. Now I'm staring at the ceiling till sunrise after about 1.5 hrs. of light sleep. The spontaneous naps during daylight whenever I sit or recline exacerbate the problem at night. I'm getting ready to doctor shop."

Ridgetop 12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Nothing worked on me ambien, sonatata, Valium , this WORKS"

Purrfect0ne (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking it for four nights. I fall asleep for about an hour and go into a state of mind in which my mind is awake but my body is asleep. Then my body wakes up after one hour and I am awake for the rest of the night feeling extremely fidgety like I need to pace or jump out of my skin. The feeling continues for about 12 hours. I can't take it anymore. If it had no effect, I would keep taking it waiting for that magical night that many seem to express happens. This reaction frightens me. I don't want to chance rage like Wellbutrin causes in me."

Chooch_2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Drowsiness but no sleep, so much worse than the Ambien and Lunesta that at least work a little. Finally fell asleep at 6am, woke three hours later, felt like death all day. Dizzy, drowsy, poor appetite, felt like my body was made of lead. I'm often low energy but this was scary. Took for one night, would rather stay awake all night than do it againz"

Ophelia7221 September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"my issues with sleep have always been getting to sleep ok but waking up 3am and difficulty getting back to sleep. to counter this i take 20mg of doxepin which works wonderfully and lessens my general anxiety and depression. However recently i had trouble falling asleep (work stresses) and the dox doesn't work like that. so my doc prescribed rozerem 8mg and in conjunction with the low dose dox it worked wonders. only had to take it a couple days to get my sleep cycle back on track. like melatonin it produces crazy weird dreams but no bad side effects. now i only take it occasionally when anxiety strikes causing bad sleep induction insomnia. Even with my copay it's expensive @ $5/dose (doxepin 5 cents/dose). Recc for occasional."

HistorianX September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Medication did not keep me asleep. No trouble falling asleep, but awoke only a few hours later. Extreme exacerbation of depression occurred. Loss of appetite, loss of taste, olfactory hallucinations ( the smell of burning cigars?), occurred no explanation given. Only used the drug 2 nights but these experiences frightened me I will not use again."

New Jersey Consumer September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love this medication. I had no luck with Ambien. Rozerem is PERFECT for what I need it for - it's not so much that I have insomnia, but a delayed sleep phase. Rozerem doesn't necessary PUT me to sleep, but HELPS me fall asleep if I'm willing, which can help me retain a diurnal rhythm without difficulty. I would not recommend this for someone who needs to be "knocked out" into sleep - it is not that strong. I also recommend taking it exactly as directed - 30 minutes before you plan to go to sleep, and then actually PLAN on sleeping. If you pop a pill then stare at the computer or read a book, it won't be able to do its job (speaking from experience). Like I said, it doesn't force you to sleep, it helps you to sleep."

Kmacca March 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It works most of the time, but some nights I still only sleep about 5 hours."

Lcrow324 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I only took it for three nights before I gave up. It seemed to keep me up longer than usual. The worst part was that I was dizzy the next day almost like vertigo, usually when I go from a laying down to standing position. The room just spins. It's been three nights since I've taken the medication and these side effects have not gotten any better."

Laurat67 December 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The medication didn't help me fall asleep, nor stay asleep longer than four hours...NOT worth the money!!"

Butlermom (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It replaces Ativan. No, it doesn't! It works, in combination with 10mg Melatonin, for a max four hours, four hours of seriously intense dreams! At 3:30a I'm wide awake, tossing and turning till daylight. Only thing left is good old Nyquill!"

Fordamist November 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just went to the doctor for insomnia treatment. I have tried some hypnotics before but it was a benzodiazimide drug and I had a terrible withdrawal from it. He suggested I try this drug since it is not known to be habit forming. At this point I'll try just about anything if it helps. The reviews here however are sort of discouraging and one pharmacy I went to didn't even carry it as he said there wasn't much of a demand for it. :( Hopefully it will work for me. I am running out of options. Have tried CBT-I with some success but am only able to sleep 4-5 hours with that and I get tired during the day. What's weird is I will fall asleep watching TV at night but when I go to bed I am awake all night it seems."

Mike0050 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was using over the counter medicines to sleep. I wake up after 3-4 hours of sleeping. I took Rozerem when I woke up and was able to sleep for an additional six hours. I feel great the next morning. Not groggy. I have only used it for two nights so it remains to be seen how it will work long term but so far much better than Ambien in terms of quality of sleep."

Charlie in JP (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Fell asleep fine but woke up after a few hours. Bad taste in mouth and nausea"

Jenn1fer120 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, anxiety disorder and a few others. Insomnia is included in the mix. If I do not have normal sleep patterns my mental and emotional health become at risk very quickly. For the first month Rozerem 8mg worked well. I fell asleep easily within 30 minutes. I could have chosen to fight the drowsiness, but why take a medication then deliberately work against it? I found I had no side effects. However now I am into my second month and I am finding I can only average 2 to 4 hours sleep again and during the day I suffer vertigo and tunnel vision. So I am not sure that I will continue this medication. My insurance covered the medication without any extra paperwork."

SNARI (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Initially made me drowsily sleepy, but did not remain asleep. Got up after two hours to pee. Trouble after that falling asleep, slept two more hours. Got up again to use bathroom. Then fell asleep again and slept for approximately four hrs. Got up and was dizzy all day long and had stomach upset and diarrhea as well."

CV4Peace (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Can take in the middle of the day and it doesn't even make me sleepy."

TMBecky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 40 years old and ever since I hit puberty, my clocks have been backwards - up all night, sleeping until noon . I've tried everything. I've been on Rozerem for a year now and it's changed my life completely! I was reluctant at first, because it's slow working and I wanted an immediate fix. Things like Ambien did this, but only in short term. Rozerem took some time to really work, about a full month, but looking back it was so worth it! I have ADHD so deal with daytime sleepiness also. To counter that, I also take Nuvigil. This combination has been the best EVER! I'm productive and wake up easily. I'm convinced that Rozerem is the key. I couldn't sleep all day even if I wanted to - the daylight wakes me! Finally, my clocks are right!"

backwardclocks (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Made me drowsy but could not sleep. Could hardly function the next day. Dizzy, unstable and disoriented."

Moif September 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine does not work for me, each time I take, it make me drowsy, but I could not sleep."

qwerty_lv August 22, 2013