User Reviews for Pseudoephedrine / triprolidine to treat Cold Symptoms

Also known as: Aprodine, Allerfrin, Histafed, Actacin, Allerfrim, Hist-PSE, Ed A-Hist PSE, Allercon, Genac, Allerphed, Aphedrid, A-Phedrin, Actedril, Atridine Atrofed Atrogen Hista-Tabs Vi-Sudo Actagen Altafed Biofed-PE …show all brand names

Pseudoephedrine / triprolidine has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Cold Symptoms. 80% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 10% reported a negative experience.

Pseudoephedrine/triprolidine rating summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 271 medications used in the treatment of Cold Symptoms.

Reviews for Pseudoephedrine / triprolidine

LLarson100 · October 20, 2009

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “When used for colds, Actifed works well for drying up post nasal drip that causes near constant coughing, especially at night. It does cause drowsiness but not a problem for night time use. I can get a nearly full night of rest. However, with subsequent use on following nights, Actifed's effectiveness lasts only half as long.”

Minariko · February 9, 2012

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “This is my absolute favourite for colds with runny and partially blocked nose, itchy and watery eyes and sneezing. This antihistamine does make me drowsy a tiny bit but I can go to work as normal and don't really see any difference. I tried combining some other antihistamines and phenylephrine but I keep going back to good old Actifed. The only downside - it really makes my mouth and throat dry, so I guess I might try taking half of the tablet instead.”

Matt_P · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2018

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “Every time I have a cold, this is the only OTC drug that makes going to work possible. Occasionally makes me drowsy, but it dries the cold up really well Need to drink a lot of water as you get a slightly dry throat”

blnbom · February 28, 2015

“This product dried up my sinus very well however, made me extremely drowsy so all I wanted to do was sleep. Experienced dizziness as well. Would suggest night time use but not during the day. I couldn't drive or work in this condition.”

Yato · November 4, 2020

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “Actifed is the best pill ever for colds - I can't live without it. I also take it when I want to sleep sometimes.”

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj · April 17, 2009

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “It's the best medicine for relief from cold and runny nose but I feel sleepy every time I use it.”

Jb1988 · Taken for less than 1 month · January 29, 2016

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “To be honest the first time I used it, I thought it was great. But this time it's not effective at all. Still have runny nose, watery eyes etc.”

Verysleepy · Taken for less than 1 month · September 24, 2019

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “Took two Actified tablets and woke up on the kitchen floor with a blanket thrown over me. Seriously this stuff is amazing, my cold was gone over night and I feel like a new person”

Deeds1 · February 23, 2009

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “This product really helps when it comes to congestion, runny nose, etc. Definitely recommend it for cold symptoms.”

SecretNinja · Taken for less than 1 month · February 17, 2016

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “Makes me have a good nights sleep ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · January 8, 2020

Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine): “I was recommended Actifed by a colleague but having taken it for 3 days I've not noticed any clearing up of blocked sinuses in fact its getting worse!”