User Reviews for Mysoline to treat Seizures

Mysoline Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Mysoline

drm562 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 29, 2015

“No seizures no side effects”

Vol1 July 3, 2013

“I became ill in 1982 at age 33 with encephalitis, brain damage on temporal lobe, and grand mal seizures. The next year I was also diagnosed with Lupus in addition to epilepsy. It took 5 years and NIH treatment of 250 mg of Mysoline/ 3 times a day to control my seizures. It has been controlling my seizures and I am now 65. AARP denied my brand name Mysoline for seizures even though I was going to pay high co-pays. We pay our own insurance so this is a real problem. The worst is fighting AARP to pay their part when I know Mysoline works for 27 years. How can a person at a desk just suggest other medicines to take when your doctor and you state that this is the best one for you. ”

A. Non December 23, 2010

“I was prescribed this medicine back in the late 80's for seizure control. I recently stopped using this in 2010. It controlled my seizures well, but I did not realize the side effects of it. Side effects were irritability, anger, increased depression and behavior. Because I literally grew UP with this medicine, I can now see these issues after changing the medicine. My brain was built to use it during puberty/young adult. This does control seizures, and actually suppressed anxiety by slowing down all brain functions. Be aware that epilepsy is cor-morbid with depression quite often and this medicine may enhance/increase depression symptoms.”

hhrt_7u August 26, 2009

“Great!”

irishdeb1 August 12, 2009

“I have been taking this medication for 30 years, and have never had a side effect or seizure. Works very well for me. No complaints. ”

Anonymous January 8, 2009

“Great Seizure control. Low side effects after first 2 weeks.”