User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"I have just started lyrica but so far it works great for my anxiety and my back pain. Don't give up when you first start with the side effects they pass and this medication works a lot better than any SSRI or lorazapam which is horribly addictive I think I finally found something that can help and I hope that whoever reads this feels the same"

jesspink1287 January 15, 2017

"Tried every ssri and srni out there over the last 10 years together with 3 separate lots of CBT minimum 20 sessions per course. And had very little success. The anti depressants had effects but not desirable ones.At times they replaced some anxieties with others and bad side effects. Sleep, sex drive, confusion. From someone who has experimented with recreational drugs including ecstasy the feeling I had from anti depressants was sometimes similar to a moderate come down from recreational drugs. I pretty much gave up on drugs Then along came pregablin which I hadn't spotted before. It is by far the best thing I've taken I started on 150mg a day now on 225mg won't go higher I don't feel as scared anymore I can do things. Try it."

L7key January 8, 2017

"I have been taking pregabalin 300mg for a few months now for GAD, I also take citalapram 20mg. When I wake on a morning I feel as though my skin in crawling and numb and its as though someone is tapping it all over with their fingers, my stomach also churns, after 2 hours this wears off and I am fine for the rest of the day, but its the mornings that are hard for me, does anyone else have this and do you think 300mg is to high or is it the citalopram,"

Seaqueenuk January 8, 2017

"I've had huge troubles with anxiety and couldn't find an antidepressant that worked, so I got prescribed this. I started off with 75mg in the morning and before bedtime. It worked wonders and first few weeks I felt great - for the first time I could speak in front of a group, I had strength to do daily chores and my anxiety pains disappeared. However, after some time I grew tolerant to it and my pains and anxiety started coming back slowly, so my dose got upped to 150mg twice a day. It works for my anxiety and pains but it makes me really sleepy now. Side effects were only at first weeks, some stomach troubles which disappeared. PS! This is a temporary solution, since you get tolerant to it. Antidepressant is still needed for anxiety."

Lunakitty January 6, 2017

"This gave me incredibly bad nightmares not read other reviews with this problem but main reason I'm coming off it... does help slightly with anxiety but feel a bit too relaxed not good for daytime and work... does 150mg taken at night also causes dizziness and my eyes can't focus extremely groggy in the morning not great for me"

Ethan100 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

"I started with 75 mg of Pregabalin which was raised to 100 mg at bedtime. While it helped me in reducing neck pain and I had substantial reduction in anxiety, it started giving me huge side effects. I started having throat pain, sinusitis, vivid dream early morning and some feeling of dizziness. I also added 5 kg of weight in 2 months. I am now tapering it off gradually. While I would say it worked for my main symptoms, unfortunately it gave me too much side effects."

anil566 December 29, 2016

"All I can say is I love it. I am scared to take meds doctors give me but my anxiety is that bad I thought I can not go on like this I have to do something about it. I started of on 50 at night just to see how I would cope it chilled me out and when I woke I didn't feel heavy so that was good. Because when I take a pill on the night and next day get up heavy makes my anxiety mad. But started on 50. Now am on 100s 3 times a day. Can talk to people can go for hair cut can sit in the same room as people look at there face when talking to me. With out almost passing out. If I was to say if you wanted to get anxiety under control these are well worth ago. Plus I also recommend propranolol beta blockers 40mg 4 times a day They are great as well"

Deontaylee December 27, 2016

"It's working wonderfully for me. My anxiety is under control."

Nate101490 December 14, 2016

"I started taking pregabalin yesterday - start at a low dose 75mg in morning, then 75mg in the evening. The effect was pretty much instant I swear. I went from being hypersensitive, worrying, stressing and having all these horrible physical symptoms ( from the anxiety disorder I have been diagnosed with ) to being calm, having a subtle feeling of well being... my acid reflux stopped, my muscles have started to lose their tension, the tension headaches are lifting too. Side effects ? a little sleepy, but nothing too severe. I haven't listened to music for months and been able to enjoy it, but today I AM ! ... amazing ! I feel like a normal person, its like the volume has been turned down on life to a level I can manage :)"

Svissloki (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

"My Anxiety had crippled me to a state which my life could no longer function. The first few days on Lyrica I noted a sense of euphoria and confusion but by the 4th day I found myself able to think about trigger points for my anxiety and was almost in awe of how it didn't raise its head. It seemed like anxiety had left my body, to the point where I had to look in a mirror and say "why did you care about all that so much?" Almost in disbelief of my previous behaviour, not being able to connect with those feelings or attitudes became freeing. lyrica gave me my life back it seems. Importantly, I'm still me. Friends and family all commented how much better I am without losing personality which i believe is one of the best qualities of the drug."

Nutsfornuts (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2016

"On my first day taking Lyrica, it was incredible - I was patient, calm, and chilled out. I could deal with stress better than I have been able to in my entire life. However, I quickly grew a tolerance, and I spent weeks chasing that feeling by upping my dose. When I finally reached 250mg, I was an absolute zombie. I was taking much longer to finish my sentences and I felt like I was constantly in a fog. My depression has reached an all-time high and my anxiety is still present - I'm just not having panic attacks any more. The past few months have been particularly bad and I just don't think it's worth being on any more. I think I'm especially disappointed now because it started out so well and I'm significantly worse off now."

Blujay93 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2016

"I have suffered with anxiety for many years now but recently it has been extremely bad I have had multiple hospital admissions due to chest pain every test and every appointment with my doctor has pointed directly at anxiety my I'm currently on proplanalol to decrease my heart rate when panicking and on mirtazapine 30mg nightly and my doctor has prescribed 50mg pre gabalin but as with all new medications I'm petrified to take it even though there are a lot of positive reviews I guess this is more of a question than a review but has anybody else experienced being scared to take this and if so how did it plan out for you ?"

David2k83 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

"Hi! I am Rizwan 32 I had a esvere anxiety disorder 9 years ago I was treated with inderal 40mg b.I. d with paroxetin 25mg I recoverd and temper it off after 6 months gradually But Later on it relapsed wich couldn't coverd resulted in 50 mg of paroxetin initially it helped but relapsed again then I tried several antidepressant like Escitalopram 20 than venlafexine and sertraline and bubropion but none of them worked well than I changed my psychiatrist who put me on Mirtazapine 30mg which has increased to 60mg paroxetine75mg pregabalin450mg Rivotril1mg it helped me well but I am sick to as this also having side effects like this made me lazy, slow and my weight gain from 76kg to 110. Every time I tried to decrease fails badly."

Rizwan Akbar (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2016

"Day 2 and feeling really calm... feel quite dizzy but can cope with that also take 10mg escitalopram which I felt increased my anxiety but these tabs I think even it out... may not even need esc anymore with these tabs can't believe I've never been given before after years of suffering"

Patch84 November 8, 2016

"Hi, I was prescribed Pregabalin about 8 years ago and have been taking it ever since. I suffer quite badly from anxiety and agitation and I can't tell you just how much this medication has helped. Even if I could just about get through the daytime without it, when I am asleep and my mind can follow any path it wishes to, it chooses to go down really bad avenues and I wake up feeling absolutely dreadful and this reached a terrible climax 8 years ago and resulted in me not eating at all and therefore losing a frightening amount of weight. However on my last pharmacy visit, I was a generic version of the drug which has not worked at all and so I am hoping my GP will put me back on Lyrica. If not, I am very fearful for the future."

MoAnn November 6, 2016

"I would just like to say that I know everyone worries about weight gain on this drug so I thought it important to share a positive experience with this drug. I am on 300mg per day and have experienced no side effects and absolutely no weight gain. I am so much calmer and happier, my mood doesn't plummet suddenly, I am not anxious at all anymore and I am sleeping like a log! 10/10 don't let fear of sudden weight gain effect your decision to take this drug, remember that when they test drugs they don't take into consideration the lifestyles of the test subjects, that 1 in 10 person could just eat to much day to day which would result in weight gain and have nothing to do with the drug. Don't worry too much about it!"

BJHS November 2, 2016

"Worked for neurology pain and even more so as a sleeping aid..I've taken sleeping pills all my life..none more effective than these"

Hazel kite (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2016

"Hello all A short story,I had chemical poisoning while working 25 years ago, which caused multiple health conditions causing Brian Damage and Central and Peripheral nervous system disorders, The main Problem is debilitating anxiety not caused by the thought process but by Physical damage as the above. Ultimately after being on most horrific psychotic drugs i found Valium and mirtazapine ( currently on Valium 35mg and mirtazipine 45mg) which calm me down. Anyway i was recently prescribed Pregabalin at 150mg per day running along with the above drugs, I cannot stress how much this has changed my life for the better although still in the early days for the first time in 25 years I am a different person,calmer kinder and finally in control."

Sam the Staffy October 13, 2016

"I was prescribed Pregablin for GAD. Initial dose of 300mg per day which was increased to 600mg per day after 8 weeks. No effect/changes in anxiety. The phyciatrist I was under left the hospital I was therefore allocated a new phyciatrist who told me medication was not the answer it was all about CBT. I started to focus my attention on how I could help myself and not rely on medication, taking therapy serious and not relying on medication has turned my life around. 3 months on I no longer take Pregablin (no withdrawal symptoms) I have finished my course of CBT and feel better than I have done for a long time. I live in the U.K."

Toshy October 9, 2016

"Just started about 10 days ago up from 25mg evenings to 50mg after a week which is intended final dose. Much lower doses prescribed in Europe to limit side effects listed in some cases here. Seems to help getting to sleep and sleeping through night, wake early though with less of that anxious feeling in stomach. Take 10mg escitalopram (should be on 20 but want to limit the cocktail). Focus here is to be less dependent on benzos which seem less defective. Feeling quite spaced out and not quite myself being used to high energy and nervous (positively and negatively so) though there is a more general sense of calm which may just be such a distant feeling from the norm I had gotten used to. threads on withdrawal not that encouraging.."

Keepgoing September 19, 2016

"Best drug I've ever tried for anxiety, took lorazepam for a while which completely eradicated my anxiety whereas this just brings it down so low my anxious thoughts come and I'm able to deal with them by myself in a rational way! I'm waking up happy and refreshed and I'm sleeping better and even having less headaches and period pain. Do not know what I did without this drug. Absolutely amazing."

ellenjakeman (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

"Broke my ankle in three places and all my bones. Was given Lyrica for nerve damage. BUT I HAVE SUFFERED WITH SEVERE DEPRESSION MY ENTIRE LIFE. Tried all anti depressants and they worked for a while. STARTED LYRICA AND WAKE UP HAPPY. NEVER FELT SO GREAT IN MY LIFE. I FEEL THIS DRUG HAS REALLY SAVED ME AND IM 59 YEARS OLD. SO HAPPY NOW. GLAD I WAS GIVEN LYRICA. DO EAT MORE BUT ILL WATCH THAT. BUT IF YOUR SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY PANIC ATTACKS. OR DEPRESSION. TAKE LYRICA. IM ONLY ON 50MG THREE TIMES A DAY. SO HAPPY. FEEL PRODUCTIVE AGAIN."

girl judy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

"Week one of increase of dose from 100-200mg a day, feel very strange, hyperactive, difficulty concentrating and feel like sh#t really! I take it for crippling anxiety, manic depression and agoraphobia, along with 150mg of sertraline, 15mg of mirtazepine, hope I get used to the dosage increase"

Slightly mad? August 8, 2016

"I have been using Pregabalin for about 6 weeks and I have found it highly effective with my anxiety. I have had very little side effects. I have found that as my anxiety is worry,overthinking and my mind constantly racing. It has slowed down my rate of thinking and worrying, whilst I am aware they are there I find I am able to process them easier and thoughts become less irrational. Coupled with some CBT therapy I find this medication highly effective. The only thing to be wary of is on higher doses (I'm on 75mg) they can have a drunk feeling effect and so I asked my Dr to prescribe me with a lower dosage for daytime (incase of driving or working etc) so I take 25mg in the day and the 75mg at night and find this works for me."

Lolly1979 August 3, 2016

"Tried several antimdepressants, lofepramine, duloxetine, prozac,amitriptylene, effexor. All,gave bad side effects, felt like a zombie. Had tom top. Psychiatrist now trying pregabalin but from first dose feel spacey, out of it, drunk. Not sure its for me."

Gangan (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016