User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"I'm on Pregabalin 300mg, olanzapine 10mg, duloxetine 60mg and lamotragine 400mg. Pregabalin has worked well for me the last two years in conjunction with the other meds. It is the most recent medication added to the mix. I am bipolar 1 with significant clinical depression and agitated depression when hyper. My collection of meds works well with Pregabalin an important element."

Alex9999 March 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"75mg x2 daily - no noticeable effect. 150mg x2 daily - slight effect of calm, not really therapeutic. 300mg x2 daily - feeling calm, a little sleepy, but I quite like that... it is still early days, but I don't feel the need to take any valium anymore. I stopped it weeks ago. I like being in this calm fluffy state, rather than sweating and thinking 100 miles an hour and stressing out. I am taking this medication for an anxiety disorder, panic attacks and lower limbs pain and walking problems...supposedly they are all linked."

David Scott (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After having my 2nd child I got really poorly and was diagnosed with bipolar II disorder, for 3 years now I've been living in hell and up and down like a yoyo, just recently I paid private to see a psychiatrist because the NHS is useless as it's understaffed for mental health. I was diagnosed with bipolar II, GAD and mixed anxiety and depressive disorder, all I can say week 2 on this medication has saved my life! I'm on 75mg twice a day and can increase if I wish too, but with the way I am feeling at the moment I feel I don't need too. I can leave the house, I'm going back to work next week, and my girls have their mummy back, also suffer from damaged nerves in my lower back, it's helped so much with the pain. It's a miracle"

Bex66 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"People please stop using this drug NOW. Throw it in your docters face because they dont know what they gave you. This is the most damaging drug for your brain that is legal. Search with google of you dont believe me. I took it for about a year, yes it worked for my problems the first couple but you arent aware yet what it is doing to you. It does permanent brain aging , you will be confused and have terrible memory the rest of your life and this problem becomes very clear to you when you quit. I did for 5 years now and still can't function That is when you can quit because this drug is highly addictive and the withdrawal when you decide to quit is stuff out of nightmares. Fainting, restlesness, insomnia, drained of energy, depression"

L0cky January 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have suffered from crippling anxiety GAD and depression from childhood, I also have a personality disorder..My psychiatrist prescribed pregabalin for me 75mg twice a day, they sat in my cupboard for ages before I finally built up the nerve to take them.. After many years of being tried on just about every drug out there FINALLY a drug that actually helped me!..I now drive again and sometimes leave the house alone and even on occasion brave the supermarket ALONE..After 3 years on the same dose and with its effect starting to wane I am now on 150mg twice a day..And yes I am very tired, vague and spaced out, but this will wear of with time as my body adjusts..And regarding the weight gain, I have lost 5 stone, and have regained some control."

KTC2052 January 25, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had really bad anxiety and panic attacks for some time now, I have tried propananol and even diazepam to no avail, I've been on a steady course of mirtazapine for sometime, I was prescribed pregabalin 25mg to be taken twice a day increasing to two tablets 50mg twice a day if no side effects. on the first week of taking one tablet twice a day I was absolutely fine, no side effects and my anxiety had all but disappeared, then I started taking 2 tablets twice a day and my anxiety came back worse than ever, has anybody else experienced this, is it just a side effect? unsure weather to keep taking the double dose as it may just be a side effect or to drop back to the one tablet which I was fine on"

tobymoo January 20, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been experiencing major depressive disorder and I have an anxiety disorder. I have tried every antidepressant on earth and had suicidal ideation with each one, even after one pill! I have some nerve pain so I tried gabapentin but didn't really get any relief from it so I asked my doctor for some lyrica. The NEXT DAY I felt the depression lift and the anxiety came to a manageable level where I felt I could function well and go out in public. I recently started vaping nicotine and the anxiety is back. I am going to quit and continue to take the lyrica. When I feel really anxious I take 10 mg of valium with it and I am in heavenly bliss. No pain, no worries, just normal albeit a bit sedated but still very functional."

happy girl1972 January 18, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have just started lyrica but so far it works great for my anxiety and my back pain. Don't give up when you first start with the side effects they pass and this medication works a lot better than any SSRI or lorazapam which is horribly addictive I think I finally found something that can help and I hope that whoever reads this feels the same"

jesspink1287 January 15, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Tried every ssri and srni out there over the last 10 years together with 3 separate lots of CBT minimum 20 sessions per course. And had very little success. The anti depressants had effects but not desirable ones.At times they replaced some anxieties with others and bad side effects. Sleep, sex drive, confusion. From someone who has experimented with recreational drugs including ecstasy the feeling I had from anti depressants was sometimes similar to a moderate come down from recreational drugs. I pretty much gave up on drugs Then along came pregablin which I hadn't spotted before. It is by far the best thing I've taken I started on 150mg a day now on 225mg won't go higher I don't feel as scared anymore I can do things. Try it."

L7key January 8, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking pregabalin 300mg for a few months now for GAD, I also take citalapram 20mg. When I wake on a morning I feel as though my skin in crawling and numb and its as though someone is tapping it all over with their fingers, my stomach also churns, after 2 hours this wears off and I am fine for the rest of the day, but its the mornings that are hard for me, does anyone else have this and do you think 300mg is to high or is it the citalopram,"

Seaqueenuk January 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had huge troubles with anxiety and couldn't find an antidepressant that worked, so I got prescribed this. I started off with 75mg in the morning and before bedtime. It worked wonders and first few weeks I felt great - for the first time I could speak in front of a group, I had strength to do daily chores and my anxiety pains disappeared. However, after some time I grew tolerant to it and my pains and anxiety started coming back slowly, so my dose got upped to 150mg twice a day. It works for my anxiety and pains but it makes me really sleepy now. Side effects were only at first weeks, some stomach troubles which disappeared. PS! This is a temporary solution, since you get tolerant to it. Antidepressant is still needed for anxiety."

Lunakitty January 6, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This gave me incredibly bad nightmares not read other reviews with this problem but main reason I'm coming off it... does help slightly with anxiety but feel a bit too relaxed not good for daytime and work... does 150mg taken at night also causes dizziness and my eyes can't focus extremely groggy in the morning not great for me"

Ethan100 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started with 75 mg of Pregabalin which was raised to 100 mg at bedtime. While it helped me in reducing neck pain and I had substantial reduction in anxiety, it started giving me huge side effects. I started having throat pain, sinusitis, vivid dream early morning and some feeling of dizziness. I also added 5 kg of weight in 2 months. I am now tapering it off gradually. While I would say it worked for my main symptoms, unfortunately it gave me too much side effects."

anil566 December 29, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"All I can say is I love it. I am scared to take meds doctors give me but my anxiety is that bad I thought I can not go on like this I have to do something about it. I started of on 50 at night just to see how I would cope it chilled me out and when I woke I didn't feel heavy so that was good. Because when I take a pill on the night and next day get up heavy makes my anxiety mad. But started on 50. Now am on 100s 3 times a day. Can talk to people can go for hair cut can sit in the same room as people look at there face when talking to me. With out almost passing out. If I was to say if you wanted to get anxiety under control these are well worth ago. Plus I also recommend propranolol beta blockers 40mg 4 times a day They are great as well"

Deontaylee December 27, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It's working wonderfully for me. My anxiety is under control."

Nate101490 December 14, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking pregabalin yesterday - start at a low dose 75mg in morning, then 75mg in the evening. The effect was pretty much instant I swear. I went from being hypersensitive, worrying, stressing and having all these horrible physical symptoms ( from the anxiety disorder I have been diagnosed with ) to being calm, having a subtle feeling of well being... my acid reflux stopped, my muscles have started to lose their tension, the tension headaches are lifting too. Side effects ? a little sleepy, but nothing too severe. I haven't listened to music for months and been able to enjoy it, but today I AM ! ... amazing ! I feel like a normal person, its like the volume has been turned down on life to a level I can manage :)"

Svissloki (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My Anxiety had crippled me to a state which my life could no longer function. The first few days on Lyrica I noted a sense of euphoria and confusion but by the 4th day I found myself able to think about trigger points for my anxiety and was almost in awe of how it didn't raise its head. It seemed like anxiety had left my body, to the point where I had to look in a mirror and say "why did you care about all that so much?" Almost in disbelief of my previous behaviour, not being able to connect with those feelings or attitudes became freeing. lyrica gave me my life back it seems. Importantly, I'm still me. Friends and family all commented how much better I am without losing personality which i believe is one of the best qualities of the drug."

Nutsfornuts (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"On my first day taking Lyrica, it was incredible - I was patient, calm, and chilled out. I could deal with stress better than I have been able to in my entire life. However, I quickly grew a tolerance, and I spent weeks chasing that feeling by upping my dose. When I finally reached 250mg, I was an absolute zombie. I was taking much longer to finish my sentences and I felt like I was constantly in a fog. My depression has reached an all-time high and my anxiety is still present - I'm just not having panic attacks any more. The past few months have been particularly bad and I just don't think it's worth being on any more. I think I'm especially disappointed now because it started out so well and I'm significantly worse off now."

Blujay93 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have suffered with anxiety for many years now but recently it has been extremely bad I have had multiple hospital admissions due to chest pain every test and every appointment with my doctor has pointed directly at anxiety my I'm currently on proplanalol to decrease my heart rate when panicking and on mirtazapine 30mg nightly and my doctor has prescribed 50mg pre gabalin but as with all new medications I'm petrified to take it even though there are a lot of positive reviews I guess this is more of a question than a review but has anybody else experienced being scared to take this and if so how did it plan out for you ?"

David2k83 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hi! I am Rizwan 32 I had a esvere anxiety disorder 9 years ago I was treated with inderal 40mg b.I. d with paroxetin 25mg I recoverd and temper it off after 6 months gradually But Later on it relapsed wich couldn't coverd resulted in 50 mg of paroxetin initially it helped but relapsed again then I tried several antidepressant like Escitalopram 20 than venlafexine and sertraline and bubropion but none of them worked well than I changed my psychiatrist who put me on Mirtazapine 30mg which has increased to 60mg paroxetine75mg pregabalin450mg Rivotril1mg it helped me well but I am sick to as this also having side effects like this made me lazy, slow and my weight gain from 76kg to 110. Every time I tried to decrease fails badly."

Rizwan Akbar (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Day 2 and feeling really calm... feel quite dizzy but can cope with that also take 10mg escitalopram which I felt increased my anxiety but these tabs I think even it out... may not even need esc anymore with these tabs can't believe I've never been given before after years of suffering"

Patch84 November 8, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hi, I was prescribed Pregabalin about 8 years ago and have been taking it ever since. I suffer quite badly from anxiety and agitation and I can't tell you just how much this medication has helped. Even if I could just about get through the daytime without it, when I am asleep and my mind can follow any path it wishes to, it chooses to go down really bad avenues and I wake up feeling absolutely dreadful and this reached a terrible climax 8 years ago and resulted in me not eating at all and therefore losing a frightening amount of weight. However on my last pharmacy visit, I was a generic version of the drug which has not worked at all and so I am hoping my GP will put me back on Lyrica. If not, I am very fearful for the future."

MoAnn November 6, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would just like to say that I know everyone worries about weight gain on this drug so I thought it important to share a positive experience with this drug. I am on 300mg per day and have experienced no side effects and absolutely no weight gain. I am so much calmer and happier, my mood doesn't plummet suddenly, I am not anxious at all anymore and I am sleeping like a log! 10/10 don't let fear of sudden weight gain effect your decision to take this drug, remember that when they test drugs they don't take into consideration the lifestyles of the test subjects, that 1 in 10 person could just eat to much day to day which would result in weight gain and have nothing to do with the drug. Don't worry too much about it!"

BJHS November 2, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worked for neurology pain and even more so as a sleeping aid..I've taken sleeping pills all my life..none more effective than these"

Hazel kite (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hello all A short story,I had chemical poisoning while working 25 years ago, which caused multiple health conditions causing Brian Damage and Central and Peripheral nervous system disorders, The main Problem is debilitating anxiety not caused by the thought process but by Physical damage as the above. Ultimately after being on most horrific psychotic drugs i found Valium and mirtazapine ( currently on Valium 35mg and mirtazipine 45mg) which calm me down. Anyway i was recently prescribed Pregabalin at 150mg per day running along with the above drugs, I cannot stress how much this has changed my life for the better although still in the early days for the first time in 25 years I am a different person,calmer kinder and finally in control."

Sam the Staffy October 13, 2016