User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"Week one of increase of dose from 100-200mg a day, feel very strange, hyperactive, difficulty concentrating and feel like sh#t really! I take it for crippling anxiety, manic depression and agoraphobia, along with 150mg of sertraline, 15mg of mirtazepine, hope I get used to the dosage increase"

Slightly mad? August 8, 2016

"I have been using Pregabalin for about 6 weeks and I have found it highly effective with my anxiety. I have had very little side effects. I have found that as my anxiety is worry,overthinking and my mind constantly racing. It has slowed down my rate of thinking and worrying, whilst I am aware they are there I find I am able to process them easier and thoughts become less irrational. Coupled with some CBT therapy I find this medication highly effective. The only thing to be wary of is on higher doses (I'm on 75mg) they can have a drunk feeling effect and so I asked my Dr to prescribe me with a lower dosage for daytime (incase of driving or working etc) so I take 25mg in the day and the 75mg at night and find this works for me."

Lolly1979 August 3, 2016

"Tried several antimdepressants, lofepramine, duloxetine, prozac,amitriptylene, effexor. All,gave bad side effects, felt like a zombie. Had tom top. Psychiatrist now trying pregabalin but from first dose feel spacey, out of it, drunk. Not sure its for me."

Gangan (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

"I was prescribed Pregabalin for my GAD, I was told it would make me feel calm. I've been titrating up over quite a long period of time, I'm now on 300mg twice daily and have found it to be completely ineffective. It has made no difference to my anxiety, and has perhaps made me more tearful."

Beeble13 July 29, 2016

"Taking it with ssri . best to take it at a low dose. find the right balance as you don't need it to overpower the ssri."

AlexRii July 14, 2016

"Within a few days debilitating anxiety/panic stopped this drug has been tremendous I'd highly recommend this I've been lucky to have no side effects bn on this a month 2x75mg daily"

A..my. .. July 14, 2016

"i suffered from severe panic disorder which resulted in me being hospitalised multiple times from chest pain. I went on to have s complete mental breakdown, suffered crippling anxiety and had to give up my home and move back to my parents. At its peak, I couldn't leave my bed - I was shaking with fear, panic, worry. I spent hours reading reviews looking for hope. I was under the care of a psychiatrist who prescribed antidepressants (Mirtazapine - helped me sleep, Escitalopram - helped anxiety a little at 20mg) I was offered Xanax which helped enormously but I was worried about addiction. We then tried pregabalin - amazing! You will feel out of it for a few days which is uncomfortable. Stick with it and ramp up. 450mg-600mg is needed."

Alice32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

"Pregabalin is very effective for generalised anxiety disorder, the way it works for anxiety I found is it kind of stops you from thinking about it much and bothering you so much. However being on it for 9 months now I am now on 600 mg daily 2x a day but I have noticed it's given me emotional bluntness... Could be other drugs mingling with pregabalin aswel but I don't mind, I prefer being emotionally blunt. A good mate of mine died the other day and my emotions would'nt even trigger much, my grandad died 3 days ago I feel a bit upset but I should be is disarray because he was close to me. I'm sure its maybe a side effect. I get free prescriptions for life I think though as epileptic What lyrica does is basically dumb you down.. still reccom"

TheBarnzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2016

"This medication has saved my life. Almost curing crippling depression. That I once had 3 months of ECT for. Depression for 30, yes 30 years. And I am 44. I have been on miriad of meds. All classes and try this and that. Then developed fibromyalgia. Which I'm glad God gave me. Because it led to me getting approved for this drug. Which helps with my panic anxiety. Which I was on klonopin for. Stopped it on my own. Stopped taking all antidepressants. I was on 3 different ones at once. I'm not in pain, physically or mentally. Weight gain yes. But I'll take that over living in side myself as if it was hell."

amazing experience June 27, 2016

"I take another medication for my anxiety but after consultation with my psychiatrist I use Pregbalin for panic attacks. When I feel an attack coming I take 75mg then and again at bedtime. I don't, of course have panic attacks all the time so I'm not using them regularly.I took it a few years ago for anxiety for about 3 months and can't speak highly enough of its properties. It got me out of a hole and I'd sooner be fat than depressed. There are ways of losing weight!"

Hasbinder (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016

"I was prescribed this poison to help get off of benzodiazepines. How ironic is it that the withdrawal I've experienced from Lyrica (after long being off of benzos) is far worse than benzo withdrawal? Search the internet for all the support groups and forums (and active lawsuits) for Lyrica users and read about the absolutely life-crushing hell that so so many users have gone through. This is a truly horrible drug for so many. It has been for me. My advice is this: If your doctor suggests this drug for you, RUN!! I've read a lot of positive posts on this site about how helpful Lyrica is certain users. All I can say is just WAIT until you try and go off of it."

Asjf (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2016

"My psychiatrist put me on 200 mg capsules 3 x a day (600 mg daily) and it's effective for treating anxiety. I've been on lorazepam, alprazolam, and clonazepam and all 3 became ineffective after 6 months to 1 year and were extremely difficult to get off of. I don't notice any tolerance issues with pregabalin either. I've been on the same dose for about 2 years. Better than any of the benzodiazepines and other medications I've tried for anxiety. Only side effects I've noticed are calmness, sedation, and increased appetite but exercise and healthy eating take care of any weight gain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2016

"I entered a clinical study for pregablin in the 90s, at that time it was for anxiety and depression. but once i was at the maximin dosage, I noticed I no longer had pain either. I was in denial about fibromyagia at that time. I was lucky to remain on the study even after 90 % of the patients had to get off of it because someone got a catarac. There were people begging to get back on it. I was on it for four years and by the time the clinical trial ended, and i went through a divorce, I had weaned myself off and didnt need it again until several years later when the fibromyagia became increadably painful. it took YEARS to go through the crappy drugs the insurance co. made me go thru with adverse reactions to get back to Lyrica !"

princesspoola (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2016

"Works for anxiety but omg I am eating like food is going to run out"

Joesquash (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

"I have had GAD for 8 years, I have tried lots of medication for this with some helping a little, and some not at all. I was started on Pre Gabling two months ago and for me, it was a miracle, I have my life back! I know the Doctors say meds arent the answer for GAD but they are for me, I have had CBT, counselling, hypnotherapy, and nothing worked. But with pre gablin I have been on holiday with no probs, was actually able to relax for the first time in 8 years. I can go into any social scene and be really calm and enjoy it. All I hope is that it lasts and I dont get used to it. All my friends and family have said how well i am and relaxed and happy I appear. And I really am."

normondo April 9, 2016

"I was experiencing nerve pain from hernia and knee operations, being a single parent and running a business a while back had me run off my feet and feeling nerve pain running up the bottom of my feet and through my knee joints into the groin, Lyrica has so far taken most of that pain away. What I didn't realise was it also helps with anxiety and depression, after 3 weeks I noticed a calmness I thought I could never achieve, did some googling on the benefits of Lyrica last night and was amazed at everyone's experience on Lyrica. This is great stuff, would recommend it highly, thank you Lyrica, back to fun time with the kids again."

Daniel Troy March 31, 2016

"I started taking lyrica about 4 years ago for fibromyalgia and found it lowered my daily pain by about 60%. While I do not suffer from GAD, I have always had feelings of anxiousness and physical feeling of restless uneasiness, and also restless leg syndrome. It was an unexpected side benefit that the lyrica helped control these feelings. After about a year and a half of taking 150 mg twice a day, I began to worry about addiction, and decided to cut back in an effort to possibly quit altogether. I soon found that my anxiousness and restlessness seemed worse than before, so I went back to my full 300mg per day dose, and have remained at that dosage. While on lyrica, I intentionally lost 35 lbs, and have not gained any weight back for 3 years"

Trailmix (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

"I was on Lyrica for 8 years at 75mg twice a day. I thought it was doing little for my pain and I didn't want to start increasing it. I had no side effects when taking it. So last year I stopped taking it as I still had a lot of nerve pain. But since I have been off it I realized just how much it actually did for me. I started suffering from crippling anxiety, my pain has gotten progressively worse and my hand tremors have returned. So after 9 months off it I am back on it again as I need a quality of life and Lyrica gives me that. It may not work for everyone but it does for me. I have fibromyalgia and General Anxiety."

Eimear Lynch (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2016

"I take 75mg 3x daily along with 20mg citalopram works wonders for my GAD finally found something that makes me feel sort of normal..no weight gain although the withdrawal from this drug is hell but if you suffer with anxiety like me its a small price to pay for happiness"

B112 January 24, 2016

"So I have been taking these tablets for a couple of days. I have already noticed a change in my confidence when In social situations. Although I still worry and feel anxious, I feel a little calmer. The thing is, on the first night, I felt extremely weird. My head was spacey and I couldn't register what people were saying, and once I realised I couldn't come up with a reply. Today, I woke up and I felt drunk and stoned at the same time but not as severe. I found it hard walk straight, my balance was off. I feel happier but not less anxious? I kind of felt calmer and giddy."

olaflovessummer (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

"I was first prescribed Lyrica to replace Remeron and my Psych Dr started me on 150mg at night. After four days I had an epileptic seizure at around 5pm. I am a diabetic T1 and have had 5 seizures when hypoglycaemic, this time I was low but not low enough to cause the seizure. Clearly, I stopped the Lyrica over a 3 week period. My new Psych suggest taking it again but at 50mg 2x a day then 75mg 2x a day - all ok up to increasing the dosage to 75mg 3x a day for GAD. about 10 days after increasing the dosage I was much less subject to GAD but my ulnar nerve function in my left hand basically stopped sending and receiving sensor and motor signals past my elbow. My Neurologist did an EMG test of the hand and my little finger had lost 80% "

GAD Champion (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2016

"I was diagnosed with GAD when I was 18. I have tried every medication under the sun and some SNRIs have helped and benzos killed the anxiety but became extremely dependent and addicted to them. I was prescribed pregabalin for GAD in 2013, and noticed just like others on this board, that it helped my depression too. It doesn't kill the anxiety in its tracks like benzos do, but it makes the anxiety MANAGEABLE. I have been on pregabalin for two years now and started @ 100mg 2x a day. My does was increased to 150mg 3x a day(450mg daily) after a few months and feel like life is now manageable. This is the best I have ever felt and ever done in my life. It also helps me focus. I plan on staying on it for the rest of my life and am only 32"

Gowitheflow (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2016

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was prescribed Lyrica about 3 years ago for post surgical neuropathy in my legs. While it does help with the nerve pain I accidentally stumbled onto another effect of the drug, it absolutely wipes out my anxiety and depression. I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, clinical depression, and PTSD. Nothing I've tried in my experience has come close to helping my mental issues as much as Lyrica. There are some side effects in the beginning such as a little bit of a wobbly/buzzed feeling bit it subsides after a few days. The only two qualms I have with the drug are the price (about 12 bucks a pill without insurance) and I build a tolerance to it very quickly."

Cubesmith (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2016

"Y'all, like so many others have said, this is a life saver! It got me off my addiction to benzos. I had the "euphoric" feeling after a couple of days which unfortunately went away but I'm still happy all the time. I'm no longer having extreme emotions. I thought something was wrong bc I've never felt this way! It's been 4 months and I take 100mg 3x day. I may have had side effects in the beginning but they've gone away. I have however gained 30 pounds in 4 months. That is NOT normal. So it's come to the point that I'm gaining weight too rapidly to control and I must stop the meds. I'm very sad about this, except I'm not bc the lyrica will not allow me to be sad. So yeah. EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN. But amazing drug."

KMol (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

"Man, 47 years old. Been struggling with depression my whole life. Tried all the antidepressants in the market. The one that seems to relieve my black cloud to a certain point was Lexapro. Started taking Lyrica 150 once a day, a couple of years ago, because some research I did on my own. Even though it's side effects (weight gain) it is fair to say that this is my godsend drug. In the mean time I am having a reversal of fortune (so to speak) and taking Pregabalin is really helping me to cope with life. Side note: All SSRI antidepressants made more harm than good, cause I felt like I do not care for anything and just want to lie I'm the couch and watch TV or see the clouds just passing by. Hope this drug helps you."

M:.M:. December 11, 2015