User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"I am naturally an anxious person/born worrier but I saw a dr because panic attacks were waking me in the night and my chest pain was hard to cope with. I explained to the dr that I didn't feel depressed but I worried constantly through the night about things, and would also wake suddenly with chest pain. The dr sent me for ECG but I knew the pain was linked to anxiety. Anyway, after the ECG came back clear, he prescribed Pregabalin (a much lower dose than most people on here) and I only take one at night. I now sleep better, I have not woken with a panic attack since taking them, and my anxiety is no longer controlling me. I've been on them 6 months."

Happiernow123 July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Locky was putting the frighteners on people who take this drug. Obviously this person has never had BAD or really bad anxiety, or he wouldn't spout all these untruths. People with BAD, like myself would take anything to rid themselves of this nasty illness, so please keep your negativity to yourself, as it's hard enough dealing with what BAD throws up each day"

Stevie r (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was put on pregabalin for severe anxiety and panic attacks. Slowly got the dose up to 300mg per day, spaced out into three 100mg doses. I felt better for about a week - then back to an anxious wreck. Pregabalin makes me seriously tired I can sleep throughout the whole day. I feel a little detatched from others and spaced out often. Really don't like the effects it has on me but scared to stop taking it now! Also have suffered severe oral thrush and acid reflux since starting the meds. I know it works well for others so maybe its just not the right med for me! Just to add I also take 40mg citalopram along side pregabalin."

Emzaaliyah123 June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking it for my anxiety when nothing else worked and its change my life in so many ways! my anxiety is gone for the first time in my life, and I'm not sedated or high. I just feel normal. My anxiety got so bad it was causing severe stomach problems, I almost had my gallbladder removed. Not only did it cure my anxiety, my stomach issues are gone, as well as my IBS that was a seperate issue, my restless legs are gone!!! GONE, RLS was torture, it stopped me from going to movies or on planes.. but that's not even the best part! My chronic leg pain which I saw many specialists about when I was young and had since given up on IS GONE! I thought I had to live in pain forever. My life is drastically improved. No words can explain"

embop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi I have been on pregabalin for over a year. Started at 75 mgs and thought it was going to work but it only lasted 1 day. I got up to 150 mgs twice a day with no positive effect. I am now down to 100 mgs twice a day. I have had no weight gain. I am on a few other meds but I still suffer daily with this awful anxiety. I am trying transcranial magnetic simulation right now and have about 3 weeks of treatments left, it hasn't helped me yet. The only thing that works for me is benzodiazepines and I become tolerant very quickly."

Nutbar May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed for nerve pain in my foot after an accident and after being weened off opioids. (I like them.. but hate them!, can see how they can become addictive!) I honestly didn't think pregabalin would be effective but I noticed immediately it helping with the pain in my foot where I'm sure there is nerve damage as well as in my arm where I broke it. Later on in the day I set about doing a chore and realized my anxiety was gone. I mean I still had worry but it was managable? Hard to explain. Started off at 300 mg a day and went up to 450 a day then after a few weeks it was like my anxiety worsened.(I have GAD and take Clonazepam) I was going to go off the Pregbalin but I'm down to 100mg in the morning 50mg at dinner and 50 mg at night. Ok so far"

D in Canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take 75 mg at bedtime. I started Lyrica in 2015 when I had shingles. I noticed that I wasn't having crippling anxiety. I was able to stop Klonopin. I went back on Klonopin when we moved out of state. I also started Ambien 5mg. For sleep issues. I thought I could stop Lyrica. That was a big mistake. Last night I didn't take the Lyrica and I am so anxiety ridden and feel physically sick. I will definitely take the Lyrica tonight."

Trish$$$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very good use of drug to treat anxiety,starting from dose 150mg, however with me having to start back at working a week from now I feel I could be doing with a higher dose to relieve what I may think is insomnia this has never been diagnosed or if it can or even how I go about this? I live in Scotland the UK. "

Natalie Coyle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug worked for my bipolar disorder but the side effects like the belly bloating and weight gain was bothersome to the point I had to quit, also there were issues with short term memory impairment and forgetfulness"

W0NDERER April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking pregabalin for post surgical nerve pain. But noticed right away that it almost eliminated my anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I take 150mg 3 times a day and have almost no anxiety issues anymore. There is a downside though, it makes me feel like I lost 30 IQ points being on it. Memory takes a big hit as well. Slows down the cognitive abilities a little bit. And withdrawal from Lyrica after stopping cold turkey a few times, due to insurance issues, is horrible. I like Lyrica and I think it's a good trade off for not being miserable everyday with anxiety."

Cubesmith (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Lyrica for chronic pain, but realized it was SO great for anxiety - worries disappeared, ruminating thoughts just didn't matter anymore, it was like my troubles were over because none of them mattered anymore (things I should have cared about tho, too). I had been taking 2mg valium everyday for 4 years and was able to taper VERY quickly because of lyrica. Pregabalin helps as a precursor to anxiety; it stops it before it can start, hence the 'PRE'-gabalin. It works on the gaba receptors which are responsible for anxiety. I take 150mg every 8 hours like another reviewer talked about, as I discovered that this was the golden ticket for keeping anxiety away. In Europe, the suggested dose for anxiety is between 400mg-MAX 600mg."

Hb0mb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My anxiety was constant through out the day and night, crippling, preventing me from doing much other then sleep to avoid it. After trying pregabalin over a two years, with limited success. 150mg once a day (which I was advised, but its not right dosage as it dissipates in 12 hours as I understand it). I then tried 150mg twice a day with limited success and then 300mg twice a day (this had no different). But then I hit on, the idea of taking it, three times, a day, exactly every eight hours (8am, 4pm, 12am) and this completely eliminated my GAD, making me functional, but I have to be very careful to stick to the correct times to take the dose, out by an hour and my GAD returns with vengeance."

tridash April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on Pregabalin 300mg, olanzapine 10mg, duloxetine 60mg and lamotragine 400mg. Pregabalin has worked well for me the last two years in conjunction with the other meds. It is the most recent medication added to the mix. I am bipolar 1 with significant clinical depression and agitated depression when hyper. My collection of meds works well with Pregabalin an important element."

Alex9999 March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"75mg x2 daily - no noticeable effect. 150mg x2 daily - slight effect of calm, not really therapeutic. 300mg x2 daily - feeling calm, a little sleepy, but I quite like that... it is still early days, but I don't feel the need to take any valium anymore. I stopped it weeks ago. I like being in this calm fluffy state, rather than sweating and thinking 100 miles an hour and stressing out. I am taking this medication for an anxiety disorder, panic attacks and lower limbs pain and walking problems...supposedly they are all linked."

David Scott (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After having my 2nd child I got really poorly and was diagnosed with bipolar II disorder, for 3 years now I've been living in hell and up and down like a yoyo, just recently I paid private to see a psychiatrist because the NHS is useless as it's understaffed for mental health. I was diagnosed with bipolar II, GAD and mixed anxiety and depressive disorder, all I can say week 2 on this medication has saved my life! I'm on 75mg twice a day and can increase if I wish too, but with the way I am feeling at the moment I feel I don't need too. I can leave the house, I'm going back to work next week, and my girls have their mummy back, also suffer from damaged nerves in my lower back, it's helped so much with the pain. It's a miracle"

Bex66 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"People please stop using this drug NOW. Throw it in your docters face because they dont know what they gave you. This is the most damaging drug for your brain that is legal. Search with google of you dont believe me. I took it for about a year, yes it worked for my problems the first couple but you arent aware yet what it is doing to you. It does permanent brain aging , you will be confused and have terrible memory the rest of your life and this problem becomes very clear to you when you quit. I did for 5 years now and still can't function That is when you can quit because this drug is highly addictive and the withdrawal when you decide to quit is stuff out of nightmares. Fainting, restlesness, insomnia, drained of energy, depression"

L0cky January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from crippling anxiety GAD and depression from childhood, I also have a personality disorder..My psychiatrist prescribed pregabalin for me 75mg twice a day, they sat in my cupboard for ages before I finally built up the nerve to take them.. After many years of being tried on just about every drug out there FINALLY a drug that actually helped me!..I now drive again and sometimes leave the house alone and even on occasion brave the supermarket ALONE..After 3 years on the same dose and with its effect starting to wane I am now on 150mg twice a day..And yes I am very tired, vague and spaced out, but this will wear of with time as my body adjusts..And regarding the weight gain, I have lost 5 stone, and have regained some control."

KTC2052 January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had really bad anxiety and panic attacks for some time now, I have tried propananol and even diazepam to no avail, I've been on a steady course of mirtazapine for sometime, I was prescribed pregabalin 25mg to be taken twice a day increasing to two tablets 50mg twice a day if no side effects. on the first week of taking one tablet twice a day I was absolutely fine, no side effects and my anxiety had all but disappeared, then I started taking 2 tablets twice a day and my anxiety came back worse than ever, has anybody else experienced this, is it just a side effect? unsure weather to keep taking the double dose as it may just be a side effect or to drop back to the one tablet which I was fine on"

tobymoo January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been experiencing major depressive disorder and I have an anxiety disorder. I have tried every antidepressant on earth and had suicidal ideation with each one, even after one pill! I have some nerve pain so I tried gabapentin but didn't really get any relief from it so I asked my doctor for some lyrica. The NEXT DAY I felt the depression lift and the anxiety came to a manageable level where I felt I could function well and go out in public. I recently started vaping nicotine and the anxiety is back. I am going to quit and continue to take the lyrica. When I feel really anxious I take 10 mg of valium with it and I am in heavenly bliss. No pain, no worries, just normal albeit a bit sedated but still very functional."

happy girl1972 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have just started lyrica but so far it works great for my anxiety and my back pain. Don't give up when you first start with the side effects they pass and this medication works a lot better than any SSRI or lorazapam which is horribly addictive I think I finally found something that can help and I hope that whoever reads this feels the same"

jesspink1287 January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tried every ssri and srni out there over the last 10 years together with 3 separate lots of CBT minimum 20 sessions per course. And had very little success. The anti depressants had effects but not desirable ones.At times they replaced some anxieties with others and bad side effects. Sleep, sex drive, confusion. From someone who has experimented with recreational drugs including ecstasy the feeling I had from anti depressants was sometimes similar to a moderate come down from recreational drugs. I pretty much gave up on drugs Then along came pregablin which I hadn't spotted before. It is by far the best thing I've taken I started on 150mg a day now on 225mg won't go higher I don't feel as scared anymore I can do things. Try it."

L7key January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking pregabalin 300mg for a few months now for GAD, I also take citalapram 20mg. When I wake on a morning I feel as though my skin in crawling and numb and its as though someone is tapping it all over with their fingers, my stomach also churns, after 2 hours this wears off and I am fine for the rest of the day, but its the mornings that are hard for me, does anyone else have this and do you think 300mg is to high or is it the citalopram,"

Seaqueenuk January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had huge troubles with anxiety and couldn't find an antidepressant that worked, so I got prescribed this. I started off with 75mg in the morning and before bedtime. It worked wonders and first few weeks I felt great - for the first time I could speak in front of a group, I had strength to do daily chores and my anxiety pains disappeared. However, after some time I grew tolerant to it and my pains and anxiety started coming back slowly, so my dose got upped to 150mg twice a day. It works for my anxiety and pains but it makes me really sleepy now. Side effects were only at first weeks, some stomach troubles which disappeared. PS! This is a temporary solution, since you get tolerant to it. Antidepressant is still needed for anxiety."

Lunakitty January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This gave me incredibly bad nightmares not read other reviews with this problem but main reason I'm coming off it... does help slightly with anxiety but feel a bit too relaxed not good for daytime and work... does 150mg taken at night also causes dizziness and my eyes can't focus extremely groggy in the morning not great for me"

Ethan100 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started with 75 mg of Pregabalin which was raised to 100 mg at bedtime. While it helped me in reducing neck pain and I had substantial reduction in anxiety, it started giving me huge side effects. I started having throat pain, sinusitis, vivid dream early morning and some feeling of dizziness. I also added 5 kg of weight in 2 months. I am now tapering it off gradually. While I would say it worked for my main symptoms, unfortunately it gave me too much side effects."

anil566 December 29, 2016