User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica, Lyrica CR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"Lyrica has helped with my anxiety but I have Leg and back pain. Maybe related to Lyrica."

Gunner2919 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've tried sertraline, amitriptyline and trazodone for depression and anxiety in the past, but none helped my anxiety as much as this. I was told I couldn't use other anxiety meds because I have low blood pressure, but I can use pregablin. It has helped tremendously. I still have panic attacks but instead of many times daily, it's the odd one here and there when something has particularly stressed me out. It doesn't take away the anxiety completely, it's still there and I have really bad days still and it doesn't help depression, but it's much more manageable than before, likewise my OCD isn't as bad either. The only side effect I experience is weird dreams, insomnia and poor memory/memory loss. I recommend!!!"

Indiaaaa October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking pregabalin along with my anti depressant for about 3 months, as I found my anti depressant alone wasn't enough to rid me of my morning anxiety. I felt a bit spaced out at first and may have had a few small headaches and slight stomach upset. These passed quickly. I adjust my dose slightly as needed each day and feel this medication has really helped"

Emnharry (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"saved me from drinking alcohol...and much more..."

aroniaflyimemine October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Brilliant, like an anti depressant but I don't get nervous anymore"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello everyone! I served 8 years in the united states military 4 overseas and 4 in the U.S. I left the military 100% disabled diagnosed with Panic disorder with agoraphobia, GAD, Major Depression and of course some PTSD. I have tried everything. I was put on lyrica for nerve damage originally but found it soooo helpful for crippling anxiety. But this does not last long tolerance builds so fast its unreal and it almost feels as if the anxiety gets worst over time. I have tried to stop this cold turkey but found my self in a state of BENZO and OPIATE withdrawal feeling and it was a nightmare. Now I'm weaning! Bye lyrica..OH ya klonopin works wonders ;)."

Collin11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on lyrica for 1 month, starting at one 75mg twice daily for two weeks, then stayed on 150mg twice daily for two weeks. I had horrible side effect so my doctor told me to split the morning dose that was 150mg in to taking 75mg in the morning and 75mg afternoon, then 150 at nite. So the side effects got better. I suffered from extreme dizziness, increased anxiety, had a feeling my legs couldn't carry me, burning sensation throughout the whole body. After one month of medication, when side effect had gone away a little bit, I talked to my doctor and he told me than since I still suffer from anxiety we should increase the dose to 150/75/150. Side effects are back, I take oxazepam 30 mg to get through the worst side effect and waiting for a better effect on anxiety. However I am better than before."

linda197919791979 September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi , I started taking pregabalin for nerve pain in my face. I started on 50mg twice a day and now take 150mg twice a day. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for years and tried a few anti depressants, which made me feel worse. When I started the pregabalin for the nerve pain, I noticed that my depression and anxiety were gone completely! As well as the pain. It was like a miracle. I used to wake every morning with a churning stomach due to anxiety. But that has gone completely. I can only say , try it!"

Markab1708 September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I live in the u.k and there is no way my GP would prescribe me pregabalin so I have to order or online and it is so expensive I can either go without food for a couple of days or electricity, I choose food. I have ordered it twice, 300mg of generic tablets each time. I can't put into words how much they have helped me, they have changed my life. I have PTSD, insomnia and a history of drug abuse as I was always using drugs to try and help me feel better not to get high. My problem with pregabalin started about 4 days after starting them, I done tons of research and took two 300mg the first time, too much, yeah I felt great but like I said don't want to be high just well. After the next 3 days on 300mg tolerance builds up fast, what a pity."

GAD is killing me. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi my GP started me on pregabalin after nothing else worked for me, I have crippling anxiety and my brain works a hundred times a minute, was put on 25 mg twice a day as I have problems taking medication, it calmed me slightly but not very good at such a low dose, after a week I increased to 50 mg twice a day, now I get really dizzy and my anxiety seems worse , can anyone tell if this will pass on do I need to increase my dose or stop taking it. I've only been on it for 2 weeks, l had such high hopes for this medication. I am a 71 year old female so maybe the medication isn't for someone of my age. I live in the UK ."

Jojaza71 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am naturally an anxious person/born worrier but I saw a dr because panic attacks were waking me in the night and my chest pain was hard to cope with. I explained to the dr that I didn't feel depressed but I worried constantly through the night about things, and would also wake suddenly with chest pain. The dr sent me for ECG but I knew the pain was linked to anxiety. Anyway, after the ECG came back clear, he prescribed Pregabalin (a much lower dose than most people on here) and I only take one at night. I now sleep better, I have not woken with a panic attack since taking them, and my anxiety is no longer controlling me. I've been on them 6 months."

Happiernow123 July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Locky was putting the frighteners on people who take this drug. Obviously this person has never had BAD or really bad anxiety, or he wouldn't spout all these untruths. People with BAD, like myself would take anything to rid themselves of this nasty illness, so please keep your negativity to yourself, as it's hard enough dealing with what BAD throws up each day"

Stevie r (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was put on pregabalin for severe anxiety and panic attacks. Slowly got the dose up to 300mg per day, spaced out into three 100mg doses. I felt better for about a week - then back to an anxious wreck. Pregabalin makes me seriously tired I can sleep throughout the whole day. I feel a little detatched from others and spaced out often. Really don't like the effects it has on me but scared to stop taking it now! Also have suffered severe oral thrush and acid reflux since starting the meds. I know it works well for others so maybe its just not the right med for me! Just to add I also take 40mg citalopram along side pregabalin."

Emzaaliyah123 June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking it for my anxiety when nothing else worked and its change my life in so many ways! my anxiety is gone for the first time in my life, and I'm not sedated or high. I just feel normal. My anxiety got so bad it was causing severe stomach problems, I almost had my gallbladder removed. Not only did it cure my anxiety, my stomach issues are gone, as well as my IBS that was a seperate issue, my restless legs are gone!!! GONE, RLS was torture, it stopped me from going to movies or on planes.. but that's not even the best part! My chronic leg pain which I saw many specialists about when I was young and had since given up on IS GONE! I thought I had to live in pain forever. My life is drastically improved. No words can explain"

embop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi I have been on pregabalin for over a year. Started at 75 mgs and thought it was going to work but it only lasted 1 day. I got up to 150 mgs twice a day with no positive effect. I am now down to 100 mgs twice a day. I have had no weight gain. I am on a few other meds but I still suffer daily with this awful anxiety. I am trying transcranial magnetic simulation right now and have about 3 weeks of treatments left, it hasn't helped me yet. The only thing that works for me is benzodiazepines and I become tolerant very quickly."

Nutbar May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed for nerve pain in my foot after an accident and after being weened off opioids. (I like them.. but hate them!, can see how they can become addictive!) I honestly didn't think pregabalin would be effective but I noticed immediately it helping with the pain in my foot where I'm sure there is nerve damage as well as in my arm where I broke it. Later on in the day I set about doing a chore and realized my anxiety was gone. I mean I still had worry but it was managable? Hard to explain. Started off at 300 mg a day and went up to 450 a day then after a few weeks it was like my anxiety worsened.(I have GAD and take Clonazepam) I was going to go off the Pregbalin but I'm down to 100mg in the morning 50mg at dinner and 50 mg at night. Ok so far"

D in Canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take 75 mg at bedtime. I started Lyrica in 2015 when I had shingles. I noticed that I wasn't having crippling anxiety. I was able to stop Klonopin. I went back on Klonopin when we moved out of state. I also started Ambien 5mg. For sleep issues. I thought I could stop Lyrica. That was a big mistake. Last night I didn't take the Lyrica and I am so anxiety ridden and feel physically sick. I will definitely take the Lyrica tonight."

Trish$$$ (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very good use of drug to treat anxiety,starting from dose 150mg, however with me having to start back at working a week from now I feel I could be doing with a higher dose to relieve what I may think is insomnia this has never been diagnosed or if it can or even how I go about this? I live in Scotland the UK. "

Natalie Coyle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug worked for my bipolar disorder but the side effects like the belly bloating and weight gain was bothersome to the point I had to quit, also there were issues with short term memory impairment and forgetfulness"

W0NDERER April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking pregabalin for post surgical nerve pain. But noticed right away that it almost eliminated my anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I take 150mg 3 times a day and have almost no anxiety issues anymore. There is a downside though, it makes me feel like I lost 30 IQ points being on it. Memory takes a big hit as well. Slows down the cognitive abilities a little bit. And withdrawal from Lyrica after stopping cold turkey a few times, due to insurance issues, is horrible. I like Lyrica and I think it's a good trade off for not being miserable everyday with anxiety."

Cubesmith (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Lyrica for chronic pain, but realized it was SO great for anxiety - worries disappeared, ruminating thoughts just didn't matter anymore, it was like my troubles were over because none of them mattered anymore (things I should have cared about tho, too). I had been taking 2mg valium everyday for 4 years and was able to taper VERY quickly because of lyrica. Pregabalin helps as a precursor to anxiety; it stops it before it can start, hence the 'PRE'-gabalin. It works on the gaba receptors which are responsible for anxiety. I take 150mg every 8 hours like another reviewer talked about, as I discovered that this was the golden ticket for keeping anxiety away. In Europe, the suggested dose for anxiety is between 400mg-MAX 600mg."

Hb0mb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My anxiety was constant through out the day and night, crippling, preventing me from doing much other then sleep to avoid it. After trying pregabalin over a two years, with limited success. 150mg once a day (which I was advised, but its not right dosage as it dissipates in 12 hours as I understand it). I then tried 150mg twice a day with limited success and then 300mg twice a day (this had no different). But then I hit on, the idea of taking it, three times, a day, exactly every eight hours (8am, 4pm, 12am) and this completely eliminated my GAD, making me functional, but I have to be very careful to stick to the correct times to take the dose, out by an hour and my GAD returns with vengeance."

tridash April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on Pregabalin 300mg, olanzapine 10mg, duloxetine 60mg and lamotragine 400mg. Pregabalin has worked well for me the last two years in conjunction with the other meds. It is the most recent medication added to the mix. I am bipolar 1 with significant clinical depression and agitated depression when hyper. My collection of meds works well with Pregabalin an important element."

Alex9999 March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"75mg x2 daily - no noticeable effect. 150mg x2 daily - slight effect of calm, not really therapeutic. 300mg x2 daily - feeling calm, a little sleepy, but I quite like that... it is still early days, but I don't feel the need to take any valium anymore. I stopped it weeks ago. I like being in this calm fluffy state, rather than sweating and thinking 100 miles an hour and stressing out. I am taking this medication for an anxiety disorder, panic attacks and lower limbs pain and walking problems...supposedly they are all linked."

David Scott (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After having my 2nd child I got really poorly and was diagnosed with bipolar II disorder, for 3 years now I've been living in hell and up and down like a yoyo, just recently I paid private to see a psychiatrist because the NHS is useless as it's understaffed for mental health. I was diagnosed with bipolar II, GAD and mixed anxiety and depressive disorder, all I can say week 2 on this medication has saved my life! I'm on 75mg twice a day and can increase if I wish too, but with the way I am feeling at the moment I feel I don't need too. I can leave the house, I'm going back to work next week, and my girls have their mummy back, also suffer from damaged nerves in my lower back, it's helped so much with the pain. It's a miracle"

Bex66 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017