User Reviews for Pramipexole

Parkinson's Disease 4.9
Summary of Pramipexole reviews 6.9 184 reviews

Reviews for Pramipexole

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2020

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've suffered from RLS for 30 years, and have tried almost everything to relieve it. My new doctor prescribed Mirapex, and it has been amazing. The only side effect has been a bit of daytime drowsiness, but I reduced the dosage a bit, and it's gotten better. And I'll take a short period of daytime drowsiness over the horrible RLS I was experiencing every night!”

sherry · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “pramipexole is a God send for my RLS, no side effects”

Status · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Completely knocks out my RLS like a charm. My RLS had been getting worse due to my SSRI treatment so my doctor prescribed Pramipexole in a relatively small 0.125 mg dose when needed before bedtime. “When needed” is a tough decision because, from what I’ve read, the drug could take up to 3 hours to kick in. But, for me, I have normally found relief in less than an hour. The problem is that I feel like a zombie the next day. Drowsy, cloudy head, sluggish for most of the day after taking it. I’ve started breaking the tablets in half to take down the dosage even more. It still works but the side effects are still there. I’m currently searching for another path towards RLS relief with a different medication.”

JDevilsmile May 11, 2020

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Mirapex for 4 years. It is very effective but I am sleepy during the day. Started at .125 mg and I’m currently taking .25 to .5 mg per day. There is a tendency for me to build up a tolerance so every so often I have to go off the medication just so my body will reset to a lower dose. I have tried to go off this drug and it was horrible. I couldn’t do it. My recommendation is do not try this drug unless your RLS is severe.”

Afj99 · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Unfortunately this medication caused extreme nausea, dry heaves and bloating. It did help my RLS but I could not tolerate the severe nausea and dry heaves.”

Jeannie · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Pramipexole keeps me awake.”

Jeannie · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Keeps me awake and makes me weaker.”

Cookridge · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 12, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have taken pramipexole for RLS for at least seven years. It is still very effective for treating my RLS. I am taking 0.63 mg per day. No noticeable side-effects. Without it I get no sleep at all as my legs are moving constantly all night.”

George March 3, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I started taking pramipexole 8 years ago. .75 mg ER late morning and .5 mg non ER 1 hour before bed. It worked well until I realized my compulsive shopping was due to a side effect. The shopping started when the daily dose was doubled from .375 to .75. I kept making excuses for the packages arriving each day but my significant other kept pointing out that receiving six packages a day was not normal. (I have no idea why I suddenly need a linen closet full of throw blankets I don’t use, enough chapstick for the entire town, and every subscription box available.) As soon as my doctor found out, he decreased the daily dose back to .375 and put me on Horizant. Oh my...the RLS is worse than it has ever been and I am still shopping online. I am hoping this will be short lived and after a few weeks my body will forget all about this drug. Now I fear side effects from Horizant which is gabapentin enacarbil. I wish I had known compulsive behavior was a side effect of pramipexole.”

Joy January 17, 2020

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've had RLS for years.. it was destroying my life. I was put on Sinemet which worked for 3 years, then I couldn't even stay in bed as I was having to do excercises in the middle of the night to stop the RLS do the sleep deprivation was really hard on me and was taking it's toll on my family. My Mother swore that Mirapex was a miracle for her, so I got it and took 2 at bedtime. It was worse than ever!! I was so lethargic and weak, I could hardly stand to attempt to stop my legs. I seriously would never take this medication again.”

De · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “This medication caused me to gain weight even though my diet stayed the same.”

Mr Exasperated · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I was on Pramipexole for about eight months with no side effects. However, in the beginning I had two or three nights where the RLS seemed to be waning but it soon came back. My Dr increased the dosage twice but the RSL did not get any better. After eight months with no results, I gradually came off the medication . As soon as I stopped it, my RSL came back with a vengeance. I'm now getting it in the mornings, which I never did before. I'm getting it in my hands as well as my legs and feet, which I very rarely got before. It is ten times worse in intensity , and I now have difficulty getting and maintaining an erection, something which I had no problem doing until I stopped the Pramipexole.”

MsQ · Taken for 10 years or more January 5, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have taken pramipexole for decades. I was unaware of any side effects until I read the other reviews. One possible side effect: I may enjoy shopping too much. Also, my prescribed dosage has increased steadily through the years. I currently take 1.5 mg. at bedtime. As it is not the extended release variety, and if I am already suffering, I chew the pill. Sometimes, I have to take additional measures to stop the torment. A hot shower may help, a nocturnal walk around the yard, or to sleep someplace where I usually don't sleep. Sometimes I get no relief at all. I can't get my comments to be submitted. What a waste of my time.”

EC · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I took pramipexole for 9 days. It made me drowsy, dizzy, and very hungry. AND it didn't help my leg twitching. My dr told me I could stop taking it so I haven't for 3 days and I'm still unusually hungry.”

Robbie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2019

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: “Game changer! PC doctor kept treating me for restless legs and sleep apnea but in reality I had PLMD. This drug has given me new life”

Kelly December 29, 2019

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: “IF YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER, SUBSTANCE OR GAMBLING/SHOPPING ADDICTION, OR ADHD, **ESPECIALLY** IF YOU ARE MEDICATED, GET A SECOND OPINION WHEN YOU ARE PRESCRIBED THIS MEDICATION. Not only did this do nothing for my sleep, I began compulsive eating and reckless spending behaviours that I had mostly resolved through several years of hard work and therapy. The medication also made me narcoleptic, unable to feel my limbs or where my body was in space, and unable to focus. I gained TWENTY POUNDS in five weeks, and my TDEE is about 3,000 calories a day, so that is a LOT of food. It triggered a relapse into bulimia nervosa. This medication made me utterly miserable and the effects on my body and mind were horrendous; I am in a career path that relies on being physically conscious and having a certain body type. My doctor made a huge mistake in prescribing this to me and I was incredibly lucky that my psychiatrist knew that it was wrong for me and was able to help me get off of it.”

pmm November 23, 2019

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Parkinson's Disease: “It seems almost miraculous to me. I have been on it only a couple of days but my balance is improved, I can move more easily, even my neuropathy seems slightly better”

Cher November 22, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Pramipexole, generic for Mirapex, for about 15 years. The only side effect is a bit of drowsiness now and again. I am very pleased with how this medication works. Previous Drs have had me on drugs that would push my RLS even harder as the drug wore off. Now my new General practitioner wants me to try extra iron, magnesium and zinc to see if that can replace taking this drug. Trying that but I am happy to stay on Maripex Because it works for me!”

cabo · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 20, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been taking Pramipexole for about 7 years and find I am increasing the dosage to get the desired result more and more. Some day's I take 2 mg but split the pills and take some in the am and some pm. The side effects are getting much worse with the increased dose and I can feel my body needing the pill my wife calls the crazy pill! My RLS is so bad it even comes during the day mostly while driving. The worst thing I hate is the intense urge to fall asleep while driving and the insomnia at night. I sleep four hours per night and that is poor quality sleep. I tried all the other drugs for RLS and none worked so I feel doomed to take this poison till I die. Seems they can put a man on the moon and take the heart out of one person and put it in another but can't stop RLS and that irritates me greatly! I would not suggest any one take this med unless it is the last resort ! I feel for every one of you with RLS for I have had cancer three times and feel the RLS is worse!”

kitty September 26, 2019

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Mirapex is the only medication that completely controls my RLS. It's like it doesn't exist. Unfortunitly, I can't take it. My side effect is to suddenly fall asleep and fall. I have been black and blue from the falls. I've fallen off chairs, while standing and any place else.”

Neerod · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “One week on Pramipexole 0.125 and wow, my Fibro and RLS are so much better.”

Lucky September 23, 2019

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Doctor recommended this after trying gabapentin (in which gabapentin was very helpful just made me extremely tired throughout the day). First day I took it, hit me like a train. I could tell my body was getting uneasy so I quickly got myself ready for bed because I wasn’t sure what I was in for. The second I laid in bed. Extreme nausea and dizziness I was waiting for my food to come right back up that I had just eaten. My body was just taking a toll I had to call into work the next day because I still felt sick when I woke up. Then after reading other reviews I decided that was the last time I would ever take that pill again.”

Jos · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “The first and only night I took pramipexole for RLS was so bad.. I went to bed immediately after taking it. I get nervous taking new meds, so I thought I could just sleep through any mild side effects. I woke up 2 hours later with nausea, vomiting, slurred speech and weakness. My boyfriend found me on the floor having extreme muscle spasms. He thought I was seizing. I spent the rest of the night sweating and weak. I’m not saying it doesn’t work for others, just be very cautions make sure someone is home with you when you take it for the first time.”

Leo_sch · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Mirapex/Pramipexole really works. No restless legs anymore. My dosage is 0.125 mg 2-3 hours before bed.”

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 24, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Have had moderate RLS; pramipexole helps, but I may need a higher dose. Have been on it for about 2 years. Lately, I do seem to be eating more than normal; have put on 10 pounds in 3 months. My father had severe RLS.”