User Reviews for Pramipexole

Also known as: Mirapex, Mirapex ER

Learn more about Pramipexole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 107 reviews 15 medications

7.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 4 reviews 13 medications

6.9
Parkinson's Disease 6 reviews 48 medications

5.9
Summary of Pramipexole reviews 117 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Pramipexole

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "While my RLS inevitably was in the evening, I also had it during the day. My dose slowly increased to 1mg three times a day. Two years ago I fell asleep while driving, then later I Was told I was "napping" for seconds to 10+ minutes even while conversing. Last month, typing at table, I "found myself" standing over my chair reading something I had not typed, & was frightened! Then, was working in my kitchen -- then was in another room about to sit down, landing hard on kitchen floor. Have tried 2 newer meds with no RLS relief. Now decreasing mirapex, take 0.5 tid (half previous dose) & today trying twice daily. Neurologist is trying alternative meds & so far nothing works but pramipexole, so am decreasing dose every few days."

Meg84. (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started out with RLS in about 2002 where my doc prescribed Klonopin. My symptoms in the beginning were feelings of just a gnat or a fly landing on my leg with me needing to move my leg. After a few years my family moved to another state, and when I went to a neurologist there, they took me off the Klonopin (because it is addictive). The doc put me on Mirapex/generic pramipexole. It seemed to work for a while, but during the days at work, and especially in the car on the drive home, I just couldn't keep my legs still. The feeling was like when the doctor hits your kneecap when he's checking your reflexes and your leg just goes nuts. I couldn't keep still. Sometimes the feeling was just that (guess I ran out of space) what good does"

Itchy in PA (taken for 10 years or more) August 7, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for years but since going off clanazapam 1 year ago it increased so severely afternoon, evening, and night I was going crazy. Peripexole at 2mg finally stopped it. I tried other meds and all suggestions I could find on the Internet. For about 2 months I have been taking iron, more magnesium with my calcium, folic acid, good multi, and hope it is helping. The peripexole has been a life saver. I do not have insurance but I get my meds at universal drugstore, a online drugstore in Canada. The peripexole comes from the UK and is really cheap compared to all the prices elsewhere."

Little darlin (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medicine is a miracle!! OMG! It nearly has made my RLS dissapear, only had it 2 times in 4 weeks since I have been on it! Before I was getting RLS around 2-3 times a day! I couldn't go to a movie or sit to watch tv, car rides were miserable. Since being on this medication, I have been to a movie and 3 concerts without RLS! I have tryed Requip and Gaberpentin and neither of those worked. I am so happy with this med! I take .50 once a day at night. I think the reason I have had RLS the 2 times in this 4 weeks is that I didn't take it at the same time those 2 nights, I took it later than usual! All in all, I am very happy with this, I am taking the generic."

MemeMom1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works great to help me sleep. It helps my RRS, but half-life is too short."

stormy699 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "TAKING pramipexole for a few months began to black out without being aware of it Falling asleep esp at church or any time I was quite Compulsive gambling-shopping Messed my heart up I started having very fast irregular heart beat Have had 6 heart ablations because of this drug It probably works great for some but it is the most dangerous med I have taken Ruined my life I cant walk at the mall shopping for more than two hours Cannot bowl /play golf not even exercise I had to research it on internet before I was sure what was causing all of these side effects and there had been law suits earlier (too late for me) There was one in Canada at the time of my experience I told pharmacist about it and she said she didn't believe it"

NANNY333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS since childhood. I was on Requip and Gabepentin and the RLS was relieved for a short time and then returned with a vengence. My Mother, brothers and sister and grandmother also have it. I was finally put on Mirapex ER starting at .25 about 6 years ago and am presently on 3.75 mg once a day. This medication is the only one that pretty much controls the RLS. I have had no side effects. Interesting that they say only use immediate release for RLS. I have been on extended release for 6 years. I don't know what I will do if this medication stops working as I now have symptoms in my arms and hands. I am now 67 y/o. :"

I have had RLS since childhood (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "It does work, but the side effects can be damaging. After a year of being on the medication I became a compulsive gambler ( one of the side effects). I became suicidal at one point. Spent some time in a hospital, where we discovered the root of my problem was mirapex."

Paboda (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "The medication worked when I first started using it. I had a few side effects like dizziness upon standing and slightly blurred vision. After taking the medicine for over two years, the effectiveness to my RLS has waned considerably. I rarely have a night when I can sleep or even sit in a chair and watch television without my legs jumping. I am constantly having to change positions or get up and walk or basically try anything to alleviate the problem. Which doesn't always help."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been on this medication for more than 10 years and have great control with the Glenmark Generics pill yet when the pharmacy changed to the purple pill by Zydus Pharmaceuticals I found my legs were once again out of control. I asked the pharmacist to change me back to the one from Glenmark. He did and it worked almost immediately. Has anyone else noticed the difference?"

klbro (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am a 12 year survivor of mirapex/Pramepexole. It was a miracle to begin with. I only slept about 4hrs a night but had enormous energy and never tired. That lasted nine years. But during that time I lost bladder control, impulse disorders, loss of concentration, myalgia neuropathy, falling asleep while driving, many more and augmentation. I was on .5 mg. Detoxing med free from this med was horrendous! After detox most of the side effects cleared up. But I still have issues with memory and concentration. This is the only med I took on a reg bases as my health was good. Im still suffering the side effects of the Withdrawl from it. Studies should be for longer than 12 weeks."

I been there (taken for 10 years or more) June 4, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Made my RLS more tolerable for about a year then gradually made it worse. I saw some studies that called this augmentation. I was on a very low dose so I just quit taking it. Its only been a couple weeks but I'm doing better off the drug than on it."

Alierae (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I take pramipexole for RLS caused by Parkinson's Disease. It does work very well for the RLS, however I did have some issues. While on the drug I had purchasing problems instead of gambling problems. I think it's affecting a region in my brain that makes it difficult to say "No" to issues like gambling and shopping. I knew what it was when my doctor asked me "Are you having problems with shopping and spending money?". That's when I made the connection. My doctor is switching me off of Pramipexole to Sertraline which is a drug for Parkinsons. While stepping down from Pramipexole I ran into sleep problems. I did not fall asleep for about 5 days! Wide awake! 5 days! I'm not going to use Pramipexole. Bad drug."

DuaneW May 11, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medication destroyed my life. It did wonders for my restless legs syndrome and I could finally sleep. It had no side effects (at least that I was aware of at the time) Now, two years later I've filled for bankruptcy after gambling away all of my savings and assets. Before taking this medication, I had never had a problem with gambling. BEWARE OF THIS MEDICATION. IT CAN TURN YOU INTO A COMPULSIVE GAMBLER!!!"

Bankrupt (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This is in regards to my 83 year old father in law (FIL) and his taking pramipexole. He was switched to this med from ropinerole due to the same issues I am about to discuss. The fine print of side effects are what he, and consequently my husband and I are now dealing with. "...strong urges (such as increased gambling, increased sexual urges)..." Oh boy, this doesn't even come close. He does not see the problem, but when he is on either of these meds he is so far past being a dirty old man, I am shocked he's not been arrested yet. He is also belligerent and cannot be reasoned with. I am in the process of trying to get him changed again to something else. So, just a warning, if anyone sees this in yourself or someone else taking this."

The Daughter in Law (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

For : "I have been on Mirapex twice in the treatment of my depression as an off label Dopamine booster. Love the drug. Least side effects of the many I have tried in my treatment cocktail. Hyper sexual behavior can be an issue for sure and other impulses. Wasn't as much of an issue till I became single. Now it gets annoying for sure."

WriterK (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "My husband had PLMD and Restless Legs for decades and it continued to get worse. He was given Mirapex and the first night it was if a miracle had happened. It completely stopped all the crazy movements that we both had endured. Life changing."

Margorie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been suffering with rls for 10 yrs., at least. Tried Requip, neurontin, quinine, nothing worked. Started Mirapex 3 weeks ago. No more rls! I cant believe it. My life was hell. Even helps during the day. I started on .5 mg at 6pm. Daily. This has been a miracle for me, no side effects."

kitty90 March 18, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I use mirapex for restless leg syndrome and find it miraculous. Recommend it to my mother for her restless legs and she was so surprised at how well it worked."

Lovemyyorkies (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 31, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started on pramipexole hydrochloride 6 years ago and at first suffered from jerking all the time. My head would always jerk to the left, my shoulders would jerk up and down and my legs shook all the time if I stood still or sat down. The recommended dosage didn't have any effect on the RLS at all and slowly the dose was raised. The jerking subsided after a few weeks and I was able to lead a happy life until a couple of months ago when it stopped working. It was wonderful for 6 years then over about a month it stopped having any effect whatsoever."

Pepsishazz January 30, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "On requip several yrs when it stopped working. Switched to Mirapex 1 mg and had immediate relief. Now, 6 months later, RLS back for 3 to 4 hours at bedtime. Also some symptoms during day, so sometimes take .5 mgs during day with some relief. No significant side effects."

Oldvettechick December 28, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This is a Godsend. Quite literally. I suffered Restless Legs from the age of 25, increasing from a minor irritation at nights out at the theatre, to a complete nightmare for sleeping. Pramipexole stops it. 100%. What a relief. And the only significant side effect has been some weariness during the day. I usually take one, very rarely two (at 4:00pm then at 10:00pm)."

Misterhelpless (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2015

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I rated this based on how the medicine worked in the beginning. HOWEVER over time my symptoms became worse, would happen during the day, and I had to take the medication around 6pm to be effective by 10pm. I am now on a low dose of Tylenol 3 that I take 30 minutes before bed. In the three months I have been on this regimine, my daytime symptoms have disappeared. I have not had to increase dosage or felt the need to take the medicine at bedtime (major concern of Drs is becoming addicted to anything with codeine/ opiate). Also tried gabapentin. It was a nightmare."

Cathy w45 November 14, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I took this drug for the first time last night for my RLS. It was the worst night I have had in a long time. I was hot and sweaty all night, I threw up twice, and only got a couple hours of sleep. The headache I have is terrible. I will not be using this again."

Anonymous October 31, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started taking Mirapex for RLS years ago. Then the generic Pramipexole came on the market and I switched from Mirapex to Pramipexole. I started having problems with gambling which I had never had before. I talked to my Doctor about it and she did not seem concerned. I have lost a great deal of money and have strained my relationship with my family and friends. I hate taking it but need something for RLS"

thisistupid October 18, 2015