User Reviews for Pramipexole

Also known as: Mirapex, Mirapex ER

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Pramipexole.

Restless Legs Syndrome
7.4

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
7.2

Parkinson's Disease
5.6

Summary of Pramipexole reviews 6.7 145 reviews

Reviews for Pramipexole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "No help whatsoever."

Michtoo2 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Absolutely AVOID this medication. I lost my job as a correctional officer, committed a 1st degree felony, used drugs, lied to my spouse, all for gambling. This medication was prescribed to treat my horrible case of restless legs..and it altered all my rational decision making, made me feel like doing things I KNOW BETTER NOT TO (changed Impulse control/compulsive behaviors). I have a severe gambling problem. Do NOT take this. ...."

Darlinpowell514 February 1, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS since I was around 15 that I first remember having that weird feeling in your legs. I have tried Requip, made me sick to my stomach at about week 3... I have been on Pramipexole since 2002 and to me its a GODSEND!! I love feeling NORMAL. I take it everyday, .5 mg morning and evening. But two items caught my eye in reading these reviews. 1. The shopping compulsion?? I wondered where that was coming from.. Makes total sense now, but still, I love feeling normal and I do not want to stop taking it. I'll fight the shopping..Second item, people made comments that they have to keep taking more and more. I have been on it for 16 years and my script has never increased. I have it in my arms also but find no need to take a higher dose. I usually feel it because I missed a dose. This is my number 1 med.. will not stop taking it."

nancyp48 (taken for 10 years or more) January 31, 2018

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am 77 years old. My father suffered (I am sure) with RLS undiagnosed and was prescribed sedatives. Mine began in my late forties and for years I just didn't sleep more than two or three hours a night until I happened to tell a friend who also suffered from RLS. She was taking Mirapex and gave me three of hers. I took one the first night and it was a miracle. I began taking .025 dosage. Eventually, I was upped to .050, then .075, the dosage I'm on now. It works, for sure, and I can't imagine life without it, but my eating is out of control. It's a compulsion for me. If I fast, I'm okay, but as soon as I eat, I can't stop. During the day, I find myself snacking when I know I'm not really hungry, and at night I eat a full plate of food and could easily eat another. Later I can't believe what I ate, how much I ate, or the fact that I never felt full or at least embarrassed that I ate more than anyone else. Does anyone else have this problem?"

PatJab40 January 31, 2018

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "This has turned my nights around. At last after years of troubled sleep I now get at least 6 hours and sometimes 7 or 8. I started on 1 tablet (lowest dose) about 3 hours prior to going to bed. I reduced to half a tablet due to dizzy spells in the day (was initially coming off them due to the dizziness but found that the half dose relieved the spasms/symptoms without getting dizzy) for a few months but am now on the lowest dose of 1 tablet a day."

Speb (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2018

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for years. I dealt with it for a long while until it started doing it during the day and started creeping into my arms. Got put on Mirapex to attempt to control it. It was the most awful thing I've ever taken. Lost huge chunks of memory, couldn't keep up with conversations, hallucinations, and major insomnia. I couldn't sleep before but to be given a "wonder drug" and have it exacerbate the situation was beyond bearable. No thanks."

BearsKitten (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I only suffer from RLS at night. I took carpidopa levodopa for about 1 year and then it was no longer enough. My Dr told me to try Requip. I took one pill and had the worst headache ever even the next morning and my jaw and teeth hurt horribly. I read reviews on Mirapex and ask my Dr if I could try it. I've been on it for 3 months with no side effects and can rest all night with zero movement. Before, my husband said I would run all night in bed. Mirapex is a wonderful drug for RLS. I'm so thankful I discovered it!"

Sandy Morris (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Pramapexole can cause fainting. I had been quite please with the affects of pramipexole during the 3 months I had been on it. However, for about 3-4 weeks prior to my hospitalization, I just felt out of sorts. I began to notice a feeling of being lightheaded. One morning I bounded out of bed - standing up too quickly - and woke up a few moments later having fallen against a wall. I didn't too very much enjoy the resultant scrapes. (Neither did the wall) After a visit to the ER followed by two days of very impressive detective work, the very fine doctors informed me that Pramipexole - also known as Mirapex - was the culprit. Take this drug seriously. I works quite well but at a potential cost. Hope this benefits you all."

aksooidil September 28, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was prescribed this drug in April 2008 by a consultant neuro for RLS. I WAS NOT TOLD OF THE SIDE EFFECTS AS MY MEDS CAME IN BLISTER PACKS !!! I spent £130,000 due to compulsive shopping (yes, it is a side effect)! I was forced to set up an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) it ruined my life I was a different person it destroyed me. In the end my marriage fell apart , I lost my home £300,000.00, And my self respect. PLEASE please be very carefull on taking this drug as I know I'm not the only person to suffer."

H6HSW September 3, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had restless leg syndrome for over twenty years. I have taken a lot of different medications to try to stop the horrible feeling that having RLS gives you.My father had it and so does my brother. I not only have it in my legs but it can also affect my arms. Its a real good time when it hits me in all my limbs at the same time. One day my brother told me about Mirapex. I got the medication from my doctor after having RLS every night for a week. I don't know what I would do without it. It worked from the first time I took it. All I can say is....who ever invented Mirapex, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH."

snowdiva (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This drug works for me but I noticed I need to take it in the day time to as it's made my RLS worse. I have it all day, every day now. The RLS is making my life absolutely miserable. I've actually been thinking my life isn't worth living like this. I've read that you have to keep upping the dose and I'm not sure if that means that when it wears off during the night or day will the symptoms get worse and worse accordingly. Right now I can't relax or rest one bit until I take the half a pill. I believe it also makes me so sleepy during the day I can't get myself out. I just want to go to sleep but can't because my legs won't stop jumping. I'm going to try and wean off and try something else. I also believe it's upset my stomach terribly."

Lisaald (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was on mirapex for RLS for about 11 years. At first it RLScgot much worse. I had uncontrolled arm and leg movement when relaxed or sleeping. I did not get sleep. Finally went to a neurologist. He started me on 300mg of Gabapentin and worked up to 1200mg at night and 300mg at morning and afternoon. Then I started to reduce mirapex. I went through severe withdrawal for 5 days and moderate for another 5 days. I now can sleep and the uncontrolled movement is minimal. My neurologist said that mirapex was the cause of my worsening condition"

robert1200c June 29, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for nearly 10 years. I have taken requip, which didn't do anything. Now I take mirapex, I started out on 0.125 which did nothing. I moved up to 0.5 mg and have taken that dude for about 9 years. Now, my legs and sometimes my arms go crazy on me during the day. I can't ride very long in a car because it drives me insane how my legs feel. I get very frustrated fast and become agitated, I often tell my husband I would rather cut my legs off then feel this way. I went to the Dr today, he moved my dose to 1mg, I pray this will help me. I am also suffering from compulsive gambling, weight gain of 25 plus pounds. We need a cure for this horrible disease!!!"

Mamabear1981 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2017

Mirapex ER (pramipexole) for Parkinson's Disease: "Diagnosed in 2010 at 46yo - I have been using Mirapex Er .75 1x day for several years with minimal issues/problems - It can have a lot of side effects so it is not for everybody. Ok.. so I've seen a few ghosts along the way... (at the time was at a higher dose of 1.25mg per day) - I haven't seen any since lowering the dose to the current .75 level. Although you can get the fast acting non ER version - you really need the ER version to keep it in your system longer to receive the benefit of it. For me it helps to minimize the cramping I get in my right foot. My insurance will not cover this drug. I ran across this Mirapex assistance site (Eagle Pharmacy / Lakeland FL) where I can get Mirapex ER for $30 a month without insurance."

mjbaz2002 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 17, 2017

For Parkinson's Disease: "Was using Mirapex Er .75 1x day for several months with no problems/issues. Insurance company decided that it would no longer cover the brand name Mirapex ER - so I was switched to the generic. I took my regular dose before going to bed... and woke up a few hours later in stark terror thinking that the kid from the Omen movie standing beside my bed. I had to get up and turn every light in the house on and watch TV - trying to not let the paranoia get the best of me. About 3am it was like a switch was flipped and everything returned to normal - I turned off all the lights and went back to bed. I am unable to take this generic."

mjbaz2002 (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have tried most of them. Mirpex works well and I have had no side effects. I tired to stop all my meds that I've taken - some for 40 years - so I could see how bad the condition had become over 40 years. It was terrible, I can't image surviving life had Mirapex, Sinemet and Clonopin come along. Opis work well too. Cannabis helps a lot."

Catamount (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "It worked till I maxed out."

Garvey1994 May 19, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Its the greatest. I literally can't live without it. It's the only thing that calms my legs. Period."

Foxxyd (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Pramipexole helped me sleep with RLS. The problem is, I'm an addicted gambler. I have been to rehab. I still gamble. It has ruined my life. This should never be used by someone who has a gambling or over shopping tendencies as it is a side effect and can make it a whole lot worse. I have recently started taking cannabis and it takes the RLS away. Pramipexole/Gambling....makes me want to give up on living."

Theyarealltaken (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "My family doctor prescribed Pramipexole for me about 2 years ago after I had been having awful problems with restless legs for a few weeks. A few weeks after I started this med, I began to do a lot of shopping online, the UPS truck was a daily sight at my home, plus the mailman and another delivery truck. I was not getting any relief, talked with my doctor who referred me to neurologist. He asked me first thing, "how's the shopping". He prescribed generic Sinemet which is not working either. I have now got arm jerks, some difficulty walking. What is the answer?"

Sams mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started on a low dose It did nothing. My neurologist gave it to me after ropinerole didn't work. After only a week I did start to get urges to spend. I bought some art (luckily on finance and it was a decent investment, but not normally a purchase I'd make) and I started to do crazy spontaneous things - it was quite fun, but also a bit scary as I was a bit out of control. I had to double the dose as it didn't touch the sides for my restless legs. Even the double dose only helped slightly. I would still wake up at 2am with the urge to move. It was better than having nothing but still not good enough to help me get a good night's sleep. It gave me terrible short term memory loss and brain fog."

RestlessPolly (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I wanted to cut my legs off, I was willing to sit in a wheelchair for the rest of my life vs living with the agony from RLS, which at the time, felt like I was telling my doctor a fib... when Mirapex came to canada I went straight to him and said put me on this NOW. I would go weeks without any half decent sleep if any at all. Now if I don't take my 3.50 mg a day I know it. BUT I also just (today) got out of the hospital from the psych ward, third time, each time has gotten worse. Suicide, uncontrollable actions, Grandiose ideas, lack of sleep and not from RLS, heart palpitations, eye sight blurry, confusion, short memory, forgetfullness... and of course compulsive gambling/shopping! SOMETHING ELSE HAS TO WORK! now..."

DCMomma February 13, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "My wife has suffered from RLS for 8 years. Mirapex is the only drug she has been prescribed that allow her a full nights sleep. We've worked and are working on alternative treatments using supplements/exercise but so far all we've been able to do is drop her dose from 3 to 1 tablet every evening. Side effects nearly destroyed our 25 year marriage. Compulsive behavior in shopping/gambling/cheating over the last 3 years. Be very careful with this drug, be honest with your family/friends and you can deal with it. I wonder how many of the users on here actually have compulsive behavior caused by this drug but don't realize it ?"

Paul Nolan February 3, 2017

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "At first was a godsend. 20 years later, whole body dystonia, haven't slept in 5 nights.I thought this the best and now I believe it will kill me. Not being dramatic. I am getting old and my body is giving out trying to handle getting off this drug. I worked in the addiction industry and never saw this much suffering and pain"

Nightmareday&night (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am on Wellbutrin, epitec and just started taking pramipexole. So far I have not had any side effects but my legs are still sore. Maybe I need to this med a chance to work"

Doxa3108 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016