User Reviews for Pramipexole

Also known as: Mirapex, Mirapex ER

Learn more about Pramipexole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 125 reviews 14 medications

7.6
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 4 reviews 11 medications

6.9
Parkinson's Disease 8 reviews 50 medications

5.6
Summary of Pramipexole reviews 137 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Pramipexole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was prescribed this drug in April 2008 by a consultant neuro for RLS. I WAS NOT TOLD OF THE SIDE EFFECTS AS MY MEDS CAME IN BLISTER PACKS !!! I spent £130,000 due to compulsive shopping (yes, it is a side effect)! I was forced to set up an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) it ruined my life I was a different person it destroyed me. In the end my marriage fell apart , I lost my home £300,000.00, And my self respect. PLEASE please be very carefull on taking this drug as I know I'm not the only person to suffer."

H6HSW September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had restless leg syndrome for over twenty years. I have taken a lot of different medications to try to stop the horrible feeling that having RLS gives you.My father had it and so does my brother. I not only have it in my legs but it can also affect my arms. Its a real good time when it hits me in all my limbs at the same time. One day my brother told me about Mirapex. I got the medication from my doctor after having RLS every night for a week. I don't know what I would do without it. It worked from the first time I took it. All I can say is....who ever invented Mirapex, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH."

snowdiva (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This drug works for me but I noticed I need to take it in the day time to as it's made my RLS worse. I have it all day, every day now. The RLS is making my life absolutely miserable. I've actually been thinking my life isn't worth living like this. I've read that you have to keep upping the dose and I'm not sure if that means that when it wears off during the night or day will the symptoms get worse and worse accordingly. Right now I can't relax or rest one bit until I take the half a pill. I believe it also makes me so sleepy during the day I can't get myself out. I just want to go to sleep but can't because my legs won't stop jumping. I'm going to try and wean off and try something else. I also believe it's upset my stomach terribly."

Lisaald (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was on mirapex for RLS for about 11 years. At first it RLScgot much worse. I had uncontrolled arm and leg movement when relaxed or sleeping. I did not get sleep. Finally went to a neurologist. He started me on 300mg of Gabapentin and worked up to 1200mg at night and 300mg at morning and afternoon. Then I started to reduce mirapex. I went through severe withdrawal for 5 days and moderate for another 5 days. I now can sleep and the uncontrolled movement is minimal. My neurologist said that mirapex was the cause of my worsening condition"

robert1200c June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for nearly 10 years. I have taken requip, which didn't do anything. Now I take mirapex, I started out on 0.125 which did nothing. I moved up to 0.5 mg and have taken that dude for about 9 years. Now, my legs and sometimes my arms go crazy on me during the day. I can't ride very long in a car because it drives me insane how my legs feel. I get very frustrated fast and become agitated, I often tell my husband I would rather cut my legs off then feel this way. I went to the Dr today, he moved my dose to 1mg, I pray this will help me. I am also suffering from compulsive gambling, weight gain of 25 plus pounds. We need a cure for this horrible disease!!!"

Mamabear1981 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex ER (pramipexole) for Parkinson's Disease: "Diagnosed in 2010 at 46yo - I have been using Mirapex Er .75 1x day for several years with minimal issues/problems - It can have a lot of side effects so it is not for everybody. Ok.. so I've seen a few ghosts along the way... (at the time was at a higher dose of 1.25mg per day) - I haven't seen any since lowering the dose to the current .75 level. Although you can get the fast acting non ER version - you really need the ER version to keep it in your system longer to receive the benefit of it. For me it helps to minimize the cramping I get in my right foot. My insurance will not cover this drug. I ran across this Mirapex assistance site (Eagle Pharmacy / Lakeland FL) where I can get Mirapex ER for $30 a month without insurance."

mjbaz2002 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Parkinson's Disease: "Was using Mirapex Er .75 1x day for several months with no problems/issues. Insurance company decided that it would no longer cover the brand name Mirapex ER - so I was switched to the generic. I took my regular dose before going to bed... and woke up a few hours later in stark terror thinking that the kid from the Omen movie standing beside my bed. I had to get up and turn every light in the house on and watch TV - trying to not let the paranoia get the best of me. About 3am it was like a switch was flipped and everything returned to normal - I turned off all the lights and went back to bed. I am unable to take this generic."

mjbaz2002 (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have tried most of them. Mirpex works well and I have had no side effects. I tired to stop all my meds that I've taken - some for 40 years - so I could see how bad the condition had become over 40 years. It was terrible, I can't image surviving life had Mirapex, Sinemet and Clonopin come along. Opis work well too. Cannabis helps a lot."

Catamount (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "It worked till I maxed out."

Garvey1994 May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Its the greatest. I literally can't live without it. It's the only thing that calms my legs. Period."

Foxxyd (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Pramipexole helped me sleep with RLS. The problem is, I'm an addicted gambler. I have been to rehab. I still gamble. It has ruined my life. This should never be used by someone who has a gambling or over shopping tendencies as it is a side effect and can make it a whole lot worse. I have recently started taking cannabis and it takes the RLS away. Pramipexole/Gambling....makes me want to give up on living."

Theyarealltaken (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "My family doctor prescribed Pramipexole for me about 2 years ago after I had been having awful problems with restless legs for a few weeks. A few weeks after I started this med, I began to do a lot of shopping online, the UPS truck was a daily sight at my home, plus the mailman and another delivery truck. I was not getting any relief, talked with my doctor who referred me to neurologist. He asked me first thing, "how's the shopping". He prescribed generic Sinemet which is not working either. I have now got arm jerks, some difficulty walking. What is the answer?"

Sams mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started on a low dose It did nothing. My neurologist gave it to me after ropinerole didn't work. After only a week I did start to get urges to spend. I bought some art (luckily on finance and it was a decent investment, but not normally a purchase I'd make) and I started to do crazy spontaneous things - it was quite fun, but also a bit scary as I was a bit out of control. I had to double the dose as it didn't touch the sides for my restless legs. Even the double dose only helped slightly. I would still wake up at 2am with the urge to move. It was better than having nothing but still not good enough to help me get a good night's sleep. It gave me terrible short term memory loss and brain fog."

RestlessPolly (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I wanted to cut my legs off, I was willing to sit in a wheelchair for the rest of my life vs living with the agony from RLS, which at the time, felt like I was telling my doctor a fib... when Mirapex came to canada I went straight to him and said put me on this NOW. I would go weeks without any half decent sleep if any at all. Now if I don't take my 3.50 mg a day I know it. BUT I also just (today) got out of the hospital from the psych ward, third time, each time has gotten worse. Suicide, uncontrollable actions, Grandiose ideas, lack of sleep and not from RLS, heart palpitations, eye sight blurry, confusion, short memory, forgetfullness... and of course compulsive gambling/shopping! SOMETHING ELSE HAS TO WORK! now..."

DCMomma February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "My wife has suffered from RLS for 8 years. Mirapex is the only drug she has been prescribed that allow her a full nights sleep. We've worked and are working on alternative treatments using supplements/exercise but so far all we've been able to do is drop her dose from 3 to 1 tablet every evening. Side effects nearly destroyed our 25 year marriage. Compulsive behavior in shopping/gambling/cheating over the last 3 years. Be very careful with this drug, be honest with your family/friends and you can deal with it. I wonder how many of the users on here actually have compulsive behavior caused by this drug but don't realize it ?"

Paul Nolan February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "At first was a godsend. 20 years later, whole body dystonia, haven't slept in 5 nights.I thought this the best and now I believe it will kill me. Not being dramatic. I am getting old and my body is giving out trying to handle getting off this drug. I worked in the addiction industry and never saw this much suffering and pain"

Nightmareday&night (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am on Wellbutrin, epitec and just started taking pramipexole. So far I have not had any side effects but my legs are still sore. Maybe I need to this med a chance to work"

Doxa3108 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Pramipexole has worked great foe me cant live without them i take 4 a day would like to know has anyone tried a diet plan to help restless legs as everyone does not like taking medication please reply"

Anniemaggie August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "On Mirapex for yrs. worked to perfection. Switched by pharmacy to paracetamol 3 months ago.( which is how long it takes for mirapex to completed get out of the body) Lo and behold once again the restlessness rears its ugly head. No sleep for two nights! Not all generics work.MORE investigation is needed"

Earn August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking Mirapex for over 8 years now at .125 mg up to 4 times a day; however, I usually take two at 6 in the evening, and another one an hour before bedtime, and it does a wonderful job. I began on Requip and was on it for almost a year and half, but it just stopped having any effect, and that is when I began Mirapex. I have severe RLS, and before Mirapex, I was close to losing my mind from sleep deprivation and the consequent stress and anxiety. This medicine has literally kept me from suicide. I have had absolutely no negative side effects."

elga August 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "While my RLS inevitably was in the evening, I also had it during the day. My dose slowly increased to 1mg three times a day. Two years ago I fell asleep while driving, then later I Was told I was "napping" for seconds to 10+ minutes even while conversing. Last month, typing at table, I "found myself" standing over my chair reading something I had not typed, & was frightened! Then, was working in my kitchen -- then was in another room about to sit down, landing hard on kitchen floor. Have tried 2 newer meds with no RLS relief. Now decreasing mirapex, take 0.5 tid (half previous dose) & today trying twice daily. Neurologist is trying alternative meds & so far nothing works but pramipexole, so am decreasing dose every few days."

Meg84. (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started out with RLS in about 2002 where my doc prescribed Klonopin. My symptoms in the beginning were feelings of just a gnat or a fly landing on my leg with me needing to move my leg. After a few years my family moved to another state, and when I went to a neurologist there, they took me off the Klonopin (because it is addictive). The doc put me on Mirapex/generic pramipexole. It seemed to work for a while, but during the days at work, and especially in the car on the drive home, I just couldn't keep my legs still. The feeling was like when the doctor hits your kneecap when he's checking your reflexes and your leg just goes nuts. I couldn't keep still. Sometimes the feeling was just that (guess I ran out of space) what good does"

Itchy in PA (taken for 10 years or more) August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirapex (pramipexole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for years but since going off clanazapam 1 year ago it increased so severely afternoon, evening, and night I was going crazy. Peripexole at 2mg finally stopped it. I tried other meds and all suggestions I could find on the Internet. For about 2 months I have been taking iron, more magnesium with my calcium, folic acid, good multi, and hope it is helping. The peripexole has been a life saver. I do not have insurance but I get my meds at universal drugstore, a online drugstore in Canada. The peripexole comes from the UK and is really cheap compared to all the prices elsewhere."

Little darlin (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medicine is a miracle!! OMG! It nearly has made my RLS dissapear, only had it 2 times in 4 weeks since I have been on it! Before I was getting RLS around 2-3 times a day! I couldn't go to a movie or sit to watch tv, car rides were miserable. Since being on this medication, I have been to a movie and 3 concerts without RLS! I have tryed Requip and Gaberpentin and neither of those worked. I am so happy with this med! I take .50 once a day at night. I think the reason I have had RLS the 2 times in this 4 weeks is that I didn't take it at the same time those 2 nights, I took it later than usual! All in all, I am very happy with this, I am taking the generic."

MemeMom1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works great to help me sleep. It helps my RRS, but half-life is too short."

stormy699 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016