User Reviews for Mirapex

4.4

Summary of Mirapex reviews 7.6 96 reviews

Reviews for Mirapex

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease "Awful drug!!! Caused severe impulse control disorders. Ruined entire family."

JimM February 12, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS all my life. After trying several medications my mother in law read an article in one of the senior magazines talking about RLS and using a Parkinson medication for treatment of RLS...I talked to my doctor and he prescribed it and it was wonderful, finally able to get some sleep. But then it happened...Keep in mind I never stepped footing in a Casino, I was careful with my money but a few years into my treatment once my dosage had increased to about 1mg I went to a Casino and tried a slot machine and from that point on I was hooked, I have lost so much money going to Casinos, it has made my life so sad and depressing, no one actual believes you, the medication has this hideous addiction side effect. You struggle day after day with this addiction and other addictions as well, overeating and increased sexual urge. I tried several times to get off Mirapex but it is impossible I couldn't sleep for over 5 days and the symptoms of RLS were 10x's worse. "

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2018

For Parkinson's Disease "I tried it for one day and the side effects made me bedridden for almost 2 days. I felt so nauseous and extremely drowsy. Had a headache and then felt weak. I can't take this again"

John · Taken for 10 years or more June 18, 2018

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "I have had RLS for approximately 20 years. I have been taking Mirapex but only in the evenings before I went to bed. Part of what I attributed to RLS was in fact PLMD. During a sleep study for sleep apnea I kicked an average of 96 times an hour. My RLS remained under control by taking it in the evenings but my PLMD has gotten much worse to the point that I cannot even close my eyes and rest during the day without my legs kicking. I now have to take Mirapex at mid day , again in the late afternoon and then before bedtime. Without it I would be a crazy person."

Darlinpowell514 February 1, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Absolutely AVOID this medication. I lost my job as a correctional officer, committed a 1st degree felony, used drugs, lied to my spouse, all for gambling. This medication was prescribed to treat my horrible case of restless legs..and it altered all my rational decision making, made me feel like doing things I KNOW BETTER NOT TO (changed Impulse control/compulsive behaviors). I have a severe gambling problem. Do NOT take this. ...."

PatJab40 January 31, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I am 77 years old. My father suffered (I am sure) with RLS undiagnosed and was prescribed sedatives. Mine began in my late forties and for years I just didn't sleep more than two or three hours a night until I happened to tell a friend who also suffered from RLS. She was taking Mirapex and gave me three of hers. I took one the first night and it was a miracle. I began taking .025 dosage. Eventually, I was upped to .050, then .075, the dosage I'm on now. It works, for sure, and I can't imagine life without it, but my eating is out of control. It's a compulsion for me. If I fast, I'm okay, but as soon as I eat, I can't stop. During the day, I find myself snacking when I know I'm not really hungry, and at night I eat a full plate of food and could easily eat another. Later I can't believe what I ate, how much I ate, or the fact that I never felt full or at least embarrassed that I ate more than anyone else. Does anyone else have this problem?"

BearsKitten · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS for years. I dealt with it for a long while until it started doing it during the day and started creeping into my arms. Got put on Mirapex to attempt to control it. It was the most awful thing I've ever taken. Lost huge chunks of memory, couldn't keep up with conversations, hallucinations, and major insomnia. I couldn't sleep before but to be given a "wonder drug" and have it exacerbate the situation was beyond bearable. No thanks."

Sandy Morris · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I only suffer from RLS at night. I took carpidopa levodopa for about 1 year and then it was no longer enough. My Dr told me to try Requip. I took one pill and had the worst headache ever even the next morning and my jaw and teeth hurt horribly. I read reviews on Mirapex and ask my Dr if I could try it. I've been on it for 3 months with no side effects and can rest all night with zero movement. Before, my husband said I would run all night in bed. Mirapex is a wonderful drug for RLS. I'm so thankful I discovered it!"

snowdiva · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 6, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had restless leg syndrome for over twenty years. I have taken a lot of different medications to try to stop the horrible feeling that having RLS gives you.My father had it and so does my brother. I not only have it in my legs but it can also affect my arms. Its a real good time when it hits me in all my limbs at the same time. One day my brother told me about Mirapex. I got the medication from my doctor after having RLS every night for a week. I don't know what I would do without it. It worked from the first time I took it. All I can say is....who ever invented Mirapex, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH."

robert1200c June 29, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I was on mirapex for RLS for about 11 years. At first it RLScgot much worse. I had uncontrolled arm and leg movement when relaxed or sleeping. I did not get sleep. Finally went to a neurologist. He started me on 300mg of Gabapentin and worked up to 1200mg at night and 300mg at morning and afternoon. Then I started to reduce mirapex. I went through severe withdrawal for 5 days and moderate for another 5 days. I now can sleep and the uncontrolled movement is minimal. My neurologist said that mirapex was the cause of my worsening condition"

Mamabear1981 · Taken for 10 years or more June 21, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS for nearly 10 years. I have taken requip, which didn't do anything. Now I take mirapex, I started out on 0.125 which did nothing. I moved up to 0.5 mg and have taken that dude for about 9 years. Now, my legs and sometimes my arms go crazy on me during the day. I can't ride very long in a car because it drives me insane how my legs feel. I get very frustrated fast and become agitated, I often tell my husband I would rather cut my legs off then feel this way. I went to the Dr today, he moved my dose to 1mg, I pray this will help me. I am also suffering from compulsive gambling, weight gain of 25 plus pounds. We need a cure for this horrible disease!!!"

Catamount · Taken for 10 years or more June 17, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have tried most of them. Mirpex works well and I have had no side effects. I tired to stop all my meds that I've taken - some for 40 years - so I could see how bad the condition had become over 40 years. It was terrible, I can't image surviving life had Mirapex, Sinemet and Clonopin come along. Opis work well too. Cannabis helps a lot."

Foxxyd · Taken for 10 years or more May 13, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Its the greatest. I literally can't live without it. It's the only thing that calms my legs. Period."

Paul Nolan February 3, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome "My wife has suffered from RLS for 8 years. Mirapex is the only drug she has been prescribed that allow her a full nights sleep. We've worked and are working on alternative treatments using supplements/exercise but so far all we've been able to do is drop her dose from 3 to 1 tablet every evening. Side effects nearly destroyed our 25 year marriage. Compulsive behavior in shopping/gambling/cheating over the last 3 years. Be very careful with this drug, be honest with your family/friends and you can deal with it. I wonder how many of the users on here actually have compulsive behavior caused by this drug but don't realize it ?"

Nightmareday&night · Taken for 10 years or more December 25, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "At first was a godsend. 20 years later, whole body dystonia, haven't slept in 5 nights.I thought this the best and now I believe it will kill me. Not being dramatic. I am getting old and my body is giving out trying to handle getting off this drug. I worked in the addiction industry and never saw this much suffering and pain"

elga August 27, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have been taking Mirapex for over 8 years now at .125 mg up to 4 times a day; however, I usually take two at 6 in the evening, and another one an hour before bedtime, and it does a wonderful job. I began on Requip and was on it for almost a year and half, but it just stopped having any effect, and that is when I began Mirapex. I have severe RLS, and before Mirapex, I was close to losing my mind from sleep deprivation and the consequent stress and anxiety. This medicine has literally kept me from suicide. I have had absolutely no negative side effects."

Meg84. · Taken for 10 years or more August 23, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "While my RLS inevitably was in the evening, I also had it during the day. My dose slowly increased to 1mg three times a day. Two years ago I fell asleep while driving, then later I Was told I was "napping" for seconds to 10+ minutes even while conversing. Last month, typing at table, I "found myself" standing over my chair reading something I had not typed, & was frightened! Then, was working in my kitchen -- then was in another room about to sit down, landing hard on kitchen floor. Have tried 2 newer meds with no RLS relief. Now decreasing mirapex, take 0.5 tid (half previous dose) & today trying twice daily. Neurologist is trying alternative meds & so far nothing works but pramipexole, so am decreasing dose every few days."

Little darlin · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS for years but since going off clanazapam 1 year ago it increased so severely afternoon, evening, and night I was going crazy. Peripexole at 2mg finally stopped it. I tried other meds and all suggestions I could find on the Internet. For about 2 months I have been taking iron, more magnesium with my calcium, folic acid, good multi, and hope it is helping. The peripexole has been a life saver. I do not have insurance but I get my meds at universal drugstore, a online drugstore in Canada. The peripexole comes from the UK and is really cheap compared to all the prices elsewhere."

I have had RLS since childhood · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 21, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS since childhood. I was on Requip and Gabepentin and the RLS was relieved for a short time and then returned with a vengence. My Mother, brothers and sister and grandmother also have it. I was finally put on Mirapex ER starting at .25 about 6 years ago and am presently on 3.75 mg once a day. This medication is the only one that pretty much controls the RLS. I have had no side effects. Interesting that they say only use immediate release for RLS. I have been on extended release for 6 years. I don't know what I will do if this medication stops working as I now have symptoms in my arms and hands. I am now 67 y/o. :"

Paboda · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 16, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "It does work, but the side effects can be damaging. After a year of being on the medication I became a compulsive gambler ( one of the side effects). I became suicidal at one point. Spent some time in a hospital, where we discovered the root of my problem was mirapex."

Margorie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2016

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "My husband had PLMD and Restless Legs for decades and it continued to get worse. He was given Mirapex and the first night it was if a miracle had happened. It completely stopped all the crazy movements that we both had endured. Life changing."

kitty90 March 18, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Have been suffering with rls for 10 yrs., at least. Tried Requip, neurontin, quinine, nothing worked. Started Mirapex 3 weeks ago. No more rls! I cant believe it. My life was hell. Even helps during the day. I started on .5 mg at 6pm. Daily. This has been a miracle for me, no side effects."

Lovemyyorkies · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I use mirapex for restless leg syndrome and find it miraculous. Recommend it to my mother for her restless legs and she was so surprised at how well it worked."

Oldvettechick December 28, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "On requip several yrs when it stopped working. Switched to Mirapex 1 mg and had immediate relief. Now, 6 months later, RLS back for 3 to 4 hours at bedtime. Also some symptoms during day, so sometimes take .5 mgs during day with some relief. No significant side effects."

Cathy w45 November 14, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I rated this based on how the medicine worked in the beginning. HOWEVER over time my symptoms became worse, would happen during the day, and I had to take the medication around 6pm to be effective by 10pm. I am now on a low dose of Tylenol 3 that I take 30 minutes before bed. In the three months I have been on this regimine, my daytime symptoms have disappeared. I have not had to increase dosage or felt the need to take the medicine at bedtime (major concern of Drs is becoming addicted to anything with codeine/ opiate). Also tried gabapentin. It was a nightmare."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)