User Reviews for Mirapex

Parkinson's Disease 4.7
Summary of Mirapex reviews 7.3 106 reviews

Reviews for Mirapex

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've suffered from RLS for 30 years, and have tried almost everything to relieve it. My new doctor prescribed Mirapex, and it has been amazing. The only side effect has been a bit of daytime drowsiness, but I reduced the dosage a bit, and it's gotten better. And I'll take a short period of daytime drowsiness over the horrible RLS I was experiencing every night!”

JDevilsmile May 11, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Mirapex for 4 years. It is very effective but I am sleepy during the day. Started at .125 mg and I’m currently taking .25 to .5 mg per day. There is a tendency for me to build up a tolerance so every so often I have to go off the medication just so my body will reset to a lower dose. I have tried to go off this drug and it was horrible. I couldn’t do it. My recommendation is do not try this drug unless your RLS is severe.”

Afj99 · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Unfortunately this medication caused extreme nausea, dry heaves and bloating. It did help my RLS but I could not tolerate the severe nausea and dry heaves.”

Joy January 17, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've had RLS for years.. it was destroying my life. I was put on Sinemet which worked for 3 years, then I couldn't even stay in bed as I was having to do excercises in the middle of the night to stop the RLS do the sleep deprivation was really hard on me and was taking it's toll on my family. My Mother swore that Mirapex was a miracle for her, so I got it and took 2 at bedtime. It was worse than ever!! I was so lethargic and weak, I could hardly stand to attempt to stop my legs. I seriously would never take this medication again.”

De · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “This medication caused me to gain weight even though my diet stayed the same.”

Kelly December 29, 2019

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: “IF YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER, SUBSTANCE OR GAMBLING/SHOPPING ADDICTION, OR ADHD, **ESPECIALLY** IF YOU ARE MEDICATED, GET A SECOND OPINION WHEN YOU ARE PRESCRIBED THIS MEDICATION. Not only did this do nothing for my sleep, I began compulsive eating and reckless spending behaviours that I had mostly resolved through several years of hard work and therapy. The medication also made me narcoleptic, unable to feel my limbs or where my body was in space, and unable to focus. I gained TWENTY POUNDS in five weeks, and my TDEE is about 3,000 calories a day, so that is a LOT of food. It triggered a relapse into bulimia nervosa. This medication made me utterly miserable and the effects on my body and mind were horrendous; I am in a career path that relies on being physically conscious and having a certain body type. My doctor made a huge mistake in prescribing this to me and I was incredibly lucky that my psychiatrist knew that it was wrong for me and was able to help me get off of it.”

pmm November 23, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease: “It seems almost miraculous to me. I have been on it only a couple of days but my balance is improved, I can move more easily, even my neuropathy seems slightly better”

kitty September 26, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Mirapex is the only medication that completely controls my RLS. It's like it doesn't exist. Unfortunitly, I can't take it. My side effect is to suddenly fall asleep and fall. I have been black and blue from the falls. I've fallen off chairs, while standing and any place else.”

Lucky September 23, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Doctor recommended this after trying gabapentin (in which gabapentin was very helpful just made me extremely tired throughout the day). First day I took it, hit me like a train. I could tell my body was getting uneasy so I quickly got myself ready for bed because I wasn’t sure what I was in for. The second I laid in bed. Extreme nausea and dizziness I was waiting for my food to come right back up that I had just eaten. My body was just taking a toll I had to call into work the next day because I still felt sick when I woke up. Then after reading other reviews I decided that was the last time I would ever take that pill again.”

Leo_sch · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Mirapex/Pramipexole really works. No restless legs anymore. My dosage is 0.125 mg 2-3 hours before bed.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease: “Awful drug!!! Caused severe impulse control disorders. Ruined entire family.”

JimM February 12, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS all my life. After trying several medications my mother in law read an article in one of the senior magazines talking about RLS and using a Parkinson medication for treatment of RLS...I talked to my doctor and he prescribed it and it was wonderful, finally able to get some sleep. But then it happened...Keep in mind I never stepped footing in a Casino, I was careful with my money but a few years into my treatment once my dosage had increased to about 1mg I went to a Casino and tried a slot machine and from that point on I was hooked, I have lost so much money going to Casinos, it has made my life so sad and depressing, no one actual believes you, the medication has this hideous addiction side effect. You struggle day after day with this addiction and other addictions as well, overeating and increased sexual urge. I tried several times to get off Mirapex but it is impossible I couldn't sleep for over 5 days and the symptoms of RLS were 10x's worse. ”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2018

For Parkinson's Disease: “I tried it for one day and the side effects made me bedridden for almost 2 days. I felt so nauseous and extremely drowsy. Had a headache and then felt weak. I can't take this again”

John · Taken for 10 years or more June 18, 2018

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: “I have had RLS for approximately 20 years. I have been taking Mirapex but only in the evenings before I went to bed. Part of what I attributed to RLS was in fact PLMD. During a sleep study for sleep apnea I kicked an average of 96 times an hour. My RLS remained under control by taking it in the evenings but my PLMD has gotten much worse to the point that I cannot even close my eyes and rest during the day without my legs kicking. I now have to take Mirapex at mid day , again in the late afternoon and then before bedtime. Without it I would be a crazy person.”

Darlinpowell514 February 1, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Absolutely AVOID this medication. I lost my job as a correctional officer, committed a 1st degree felony, used drugs, lied to my spouse, all for gambling. This medication was prescribed to treat my horrible case of restless legs..and it altered all my rational decision making, made me feel like doing things I KNOW BETTER NOT TO (changed Impulse control/compulsive behaviors). I have a severe gambling problem. Do NOT take this. ....”

PatJab40 January 31, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I am 77 years old. My father suffered (I am sure) with RLS undiagnosed and was prescribed sedatives. Mine began in my late forties and for years I just didn't sleep more than two or three hours a night until I happened to tell a friend who also suffered from RLS. She was taking Mirapex and gave me three of hers. I took one the first night and it was a miracle. I began taking .025 dosage. Eventually, I was upped to .050, then .075, the dosage I'm on now. It works, for sure, and I can't imagine life without it, but my eating is out of control. It's a compulsion for me. If I fast, I'm okay, but as soon as I eat, I can't stop. During the day, I find myself snacking when I know I'm not really hungry, and at night I eat a full plate of food and could easily eat another. Later I can't believe what I ate, how much I ate, or the fact that I never felt full or at least embarrassed that I ate more than anyone else. Does anyone else have this problem?”

BearsKitten · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS for years. I dealt with it for a long while until it started doing it during the day and started creeping into my arms. Got put on Mirapex to attempt to control it. It was the most awful thing I've ever taken. Lost huge chunks of memory, couldn't keep up with conversations, hallucinations, and major insomnia. I couldn't sleep before but to be given a "wonder drug" and have it exacerbate the situation was beyond bearable. No thanks.”

Sandy Morris · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I only suffer from RLS at night. I took carpidopa levodopa for about 1 year and then it was no longer enough. My Dr told me to try Requip. I took one pill and had the worst headache ever even the next morning and my jaw and teeth hurt horribly. I read reviews on Mirapex and ask my Dr if I could try it. I've been on it for 3 months with no side effects and can rest all night with zero movement. Before, my husband said I would run all night in bed. Mirapex is a wonderful drug for RLS. I'm so thankful I discovered it!”

snowdiva · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 6, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had restless leg syndrome for over twenty years. I have taken a lot of different medications to try to stop the horrible feeling that having RLS gives you.My father had it and so does my brother. I not only have it in my legs but it can also affect my arms. Its a real good time when it hits me in all my limbs at the same time. One day my brother told me about Mirapex. I got the medication from my doctor after having RLS every night for a week. I don't know what I would do without it. It worked from the first time I took it. All I can say is....who ever invented Mirapex, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.”

robert1200c June 29, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I was on mirapex for RLS for about 11 years. At first it RLScgot much worse. I had uncontrolled arm and leg movement when relaxed or sleeping. I did not get sleep. Finally went to a neurologist. He started me on 300mg of Gabapentin and worked up to 1200mg at night and 300mg at morning and afternoon. Then I started to reduce mirapex. I went through severe withdrawal for 5 days and moderate for another 5 days. I now can sleep and the uncontrolled movement is minimal. My neurologist said that mirapex was the cause of my worsening condition”

Mamabear1981 · Taken for 10 years or more June 21, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS for nearly 10 years. I have taken requip, which didn't do anything. Now I take mirapex, I started out on 0.125 which did nothing. I moved up to 0.5 mg and have taken that dude for about 9 years. Now, my legs and sometimes my arms go crazy on me during the day. I can't ride very long in a car because it drives me insane how my legs feel. I get very frustrated fast and become agitated, I often tell my husband I would rather cut my legs off then feel this way. I went to the Dr today, he moved my dose to 1mg, I pray this will help me. I am also suffering from compulsive gambling, weight gain of 25 plus pounds. We need a cure for this horrible disease!!!”

Catamount · Taken for 10 years or more June 17, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have tried most of them. Mirpex works well and I have had no side effects. I tired to stop all my meds that I've taken - some for 40 years - so I could see how bad the condition had become over 40 years. It was terrible, I can't image surviving life had Mirapex, Sinemet and Clonopin come along. Opis work well too. Cannabis helps a lot.”

Foxxyd · Taken for 10 years or more May 13, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Its the greatest. I literally can't live without it. It's the only thing that calms my legs. Period.”

Paul Nolan February 3, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “My wife has suffered from RLS for 8 years. Mirapex is the only drug she has been prescribed that allow her a full nights sleep. We've worked and are working on alternative treatments using supplements/exercise but so far all we've been able to do is drop her dose from 3 to 1 tablet every evening. Side effects nearly destroyed our 25 year marriage. Compulsive behavior in shopping/gambling/cheating over the last 3 years. Be very careful with this drug, be honest with your family/friends and you can deal with it. I wonder how many of the users on here actually have compulsive behavior caused by this drug but don't realize it ?”

Nightmareday&night · Taken for 10 years or more December 25, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “At first was a godsend. 20 years later, whole body dystonia, haven't slept in 5 nights.I thought this the best and now I believe it will kill me. Not being dramatic. I am getting old and my body is giving out trying to handle getting off this drug. I worked in the addiction industry and never saw this much suffering and pain”