User Reviews for Mirapex to treat Parkinson's Disease

Mirapex has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. 43% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 57% reported a negative experience.

Mirapex rating summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

PDMom · April 20, 2009

"I was started on Mirapex for Parkinson's Disease. I have horrible pain, stiffness, tremors, headaches, dizziness and the list goes on. I had been confined to bed for nearly a year due to my complications. The very day I began taking the Mirapex we began to see improvement. As my dosage was increased I continued to show more and more improvement. Mirapex is giving me my life back...slowly but surely! The only complications I have are when my dosage is increased. I have slight nausea and tiredness but other than that I have had no other side effects."

Laura 428 · October 9, 2010

"I was unable to walk, dress myself, cook, write, or barely function. My family doctor was treating me for mini-strokes but finally agreed I should see a neurologist. He started me on Mirapex that day as he could tell that I had Parkinson's by my appearance and actions. I have been on 1.5 mg 3 times a day for a year and am back to living again. I dread to think of where I would be without Mirapex. I don't have any side effects."

xanti · August 30, 2013

"I was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I was started on Mirapex, after 3 weeks of therapy I had to stop due to severe side effects: auditive hallucinations, nausea, peripheral edema, muscle pain, vivid dreams and the worst, difficulty sleeping having the need to get up and move constantly. I'm sure that this is a very good medication but I couldn't tolerate the side effects"

Bill Thomas · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 22, 2022

"Terrible side effects included a gambling compulsion. Felt compelled to buy stacks and stacks of lottery tickets despite never being into gambling. Lost impulse control, leading to some terrible decision-making that I couldn't stop even as I saw how it was negatively affecting my family. Building a life for decades seemed to be lost almost overnight... out of my control. And the only change was the use of Mirapex."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 27, 2019

"Awful drug!!! Caused severe impulse control disorders. Ruined entire family."

pmm · November 23, 2019

"It seems almost miraculous to me. I have been on it only a couple of days but my balance is improved, I can move more easily, even my neuropathy seems slightly better"

wv_picker · September 4, 2009

"Had very bad side effects with this medication."

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month · October 19, 2018

"I tried it for one day and the side effects made me bedridden for almost 2 days. I felt so nauseous and extremely drowsy. Had a headache and then felt weak. I can't take this again"

Learn more about Parkinson's Disease