User Reviews for Neupro

Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 48 medications

7.5
Summary of Neupro reviews 30 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Neupro

For Restless Legs Syndrome "My last 5 years with RLS has has been one big circle - trying to find the right doctor who really knows something about the syndrome, thinking I found that doctor, changing meds which help for a few years then back to the nightly walks around the house, no sleep for days then the 'crash sleep' when the RŁS eases off, the miserable grogginess after the crash... Then I found a Movement Disorder Doctor who prescribed NEUPRO patches. They also worked wonderfully for a year or so but I'm back into the 'circle.' The NEUPRO patch is probably the best med I've tried so far but, unfortunately, it augmented too. We're now trying a new form of Gabapentin in addition to the patch. Hopefully this will do something to ease the nerves."

YaYagirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 7, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I was diagnosed with RLS at the age of 23, I am now 51. I have tried all the drugs to avoid the symptoms of RLS. All have had some form of side effects including compulsive behaviors. I decided to try the patch and found it made me extremely sleepy during the day. As time went on I must have gotten use to the drug and no longer feel as sleepy as before. I wear the patch on my hip and rotate application from one side to the other to avoid itching. I love the patch and have had no difficulty keeping it on. I recently went scuba diving and the patch remained in place. I have been applying the patch for over a year now and all works great!"

SlapHappyBoy August 24, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I've had severe rls for about 20 years. I used Vicodin for about 6 years. It worked really well except for needing to take more in the middle of the night (needed extended release). Moved to Hawaii and doctors won't prescribe vicodin. Tried Ropinorole which worked well until augmentation began. I've been on the Neupro patch about a year and it's been wonderful except for skin irritation. In the last month I've started having rls sometimes when I go to bed. I thought maybe the patch had come loose or maybe even a bad batch of patches. I'm on a new box now and still having the problem so I guess augmentation happens with Neupro also."

Lisa125 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "So far so good using Dr samples"

Sewing lady (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had restless legs since college and spent many a night awake because of it. When it started bothering my wife, I sought help with no relief and lots of side effects. This was given to me as a sample and produced immediate and long lasting relief even at the 1mg dose. No perceptible side effects"

Dr Walt (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I had a sleep study done and had close to 300 leg movements a hr. Enough to drive anyone crazy. Not to mention no sleep. My neurologist tried requip no help, Mirapex, no help. Then we tried neupro, I take 6 mg patch and it is a miracle drug for me. If I miss putting on a new one I can tell in less then 5 min that I'm in for the leg war n no sleep. Only problem I had was when I applied then to the back of my shoulders, it gave me a bad skin reaction, very red and open wound. Take to my doc he said there were 8 places to apply. I chose my upper thighs near my hips and have not had any problems since. For me no patch no sleep. I'm also prescribed klonopin 1 mg at bedtime and 1 to 2 oxycodone 5/ 325 . And together it's the perfect combo ."

Grumpy legs (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I've had occasional bouts of RLS since my late twenties, and it's gotten severe in the past two years. Day and night, multiple limbs. Neurologist gave me samples of NeuPro and I saw no changes at the 1mg or 2mg levels. Once I hit 4mg, however, my RLS has gotten even more severe, and shows up daily to the point where I can't sleep. It has raised my blood pressure, caused strange flickering in my eyes, and I am utterly exhausted all day. I so wish this medication would have helped. Fortunately I've been on samples and has a savings card that brought my copay down to only $10 per month."

K.B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "This medication has worked to control my symptoms for severe restless leg syndrome far better than any medication that I have tried since I was diagnosed. The only time that I have breakthrough symptoms are if my patch came loose, or did not stick effectively, or if I was late changing patches. Side effects -minimal. The only issues that I have with the medication is itchy, skin irritation at the application site. I have a sensitivity to latex and to some adhesives. The site after the patch is removed tends to be very angry red in color, & slightly raised. The irritation & itching may last for 1 to 2 days, up to a week. I do wish that the patch came in a non-latex fabric vs the mylar. It would help w the irritation & flex on skin."

Lorrie Norris (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2015

For Parkinson's Disease "Severe reaction, but I am allergic to sulfur based drugs. Lasted under a week. Shakes gone first few days, but came back as I developed a reaction."

Thundy August 24, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had RLS since I was 40. It got progressively worse as I grew older to the point that I could barely function. I couldn't go out to eat with friends, or a movie, or church because I couldn't sit still that long. It was affecting my job. My family doctor had me on Sinimet for 16 years and then my body became resistant to it. She sent me to a neurologist which proscribed Neupro. It was life changing for me. I noticed such a difference within 24 hours. I felt like I had my life back again. I do have some side effects from it. The spot where the patch is on at times drives me crazy because it itches. It does make me somewhat irritable at times. Is it worth the side effects? You betcha!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "It worked great for me. I thought I found the answer to all my misery until I started breaking out from the patch. I got a rash all around where the adhesive was. I was fortunately still using samples so I had not put a any $$ for. I will try it again if they can make the patch hypoallergenic or something"

mrbearsmom (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I took it about a week, It was too strong, and I found myself driving, and falling asleep, I went back to Baclofen, much safer for me"

Dan Post Polio (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I seen this online and had to try it for myself. I suffer real bad from restless leg and been taking two different pills for at least 6 years and it wasn't helping me at all. I get restless legs during the day and at night and been miserable and cranky. So I call my doctor and he gave me a sample pack to try and the one I tried are 4mg and the patches are for 24 hour. Today is day six and have not had one episode of restless legs. I can cry that I'm so happy to have my life back. You must try it.....I promise it does work. I've tried almost everything out there. No I can relax and sit with no problem."

tugs1234 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have suffered with restless legs syndrome for years. Tried Requip and it made me horribly sick on my stomach within 30 minutes after taking it. Then tried Mirapex and still had major symptoms. Then came NEUPRO! WOW! I could live again! It has changed my quality of life extremely! But the patch doesn't stay on well so I use paper tape to keep them on the whole 24 hrs. Was able to get a reduced payment on medicines for $10.00 a month for 12 months for 30 day supply. Insurance would not cover it."

Carmar (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have suffered from restless legs syndrome since the age of 18 but at that time and until my 40's I would get long bouts of remission. Once I hit my 40's the RLS became relentless, not only in my legs but also my arms and strange sensations to touch in my fingers. I tried Mirapex but had horrible nightmares. Then I tried Requip for many years but started getting augmentation during the day. Increasing the dose helped for a little while and then it just got even worse. I have been on the Neupro patch for several months and it does control the symptoms very well. Have only had a few mild episodes. However, the patch makes me extremely sleepy in the daytime which is a big problem as I work full-time and have fallen asleep at work."

Hoff1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I started taking the 2mg patch for severe Restless Leg Syndrome, so bad I was having to take Sinemet all day and night for relief. I was miserable with rebound effects and waiting for the Sinemet to kick in. Now that I've been taking Neupro, it has been life altering. I can sit for hours and not be miserable and sleep very well at night. Finally, a medicine that does wonders for me. YAY!"

not miserable anymore January 24, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Neupro patch is the BOMB!!!!! My RLS bothers me even during the day, but with Neupro slow release patch, no leg jitters. AWESOME!!!!! I just can't say enough about it. My provider has been giving me samples, so I have not had to pay as of yet, I just hope it isn't very expensive, would hate to not be able to continue use due to the out of pocket cost."

giddyflapperchic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "After trying carbidopa/Levadopa, Mirapex, Requip, & gabapentin, the Neupro is the best. "

Restless Leg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Neupro has been a lifesaver, in combination with Mirapex. I just couldn't get the restless legs syndrome under control with medication, but Neupro immediately took care of all trace of restless legs syndrome. I am a 60 year old female who has suffered since my teen years."

worf traveler (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Three hours after I first put on the Neupro patch for the first time, I felt like I was reborn. I suffered from restless legs 24 hours a day and was heading for a serious meltdown. After about 4 or 5 months, the restless legs returned on occasion. I stopped drinking diet coke and continued the patch. I have been restless legs free for almost a year and I feel like a new person. I am a woman, age 64. I started with Restless Legs Syndrome in my early twenties but only occasionally. When I was 60, they came almost regularly, then 24 hours a day. My neurologist put me on every pill imaginable. They would work for a month and RLS returned with a vengeance. My husband searched the Internet and found Neupro. My doctor prescribed it and I am back to normal."

CarlavIllanova (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome "My only complaint is allergic to adhesive of patch but Relief of symptoms has out weighed the reaction to adhesive."

mamalouann May 19, 2013

For Parkinson's Disease "Seems to allow for less CD/LD. I think it is minimizing my tremor, allowing me to lower L-Dopa dosage, yet paradoxically, it seems to be increasing my Dyskinesia."

aj74666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "I have been on the patch for about 3 weeks. It has really helped alot. I have not been able to take any oral medcations because they make me very nauseous. I am taking 2 mg. This patch helps me a lot. So far no side effects."

pupsik October 3, 2012

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Works ok however I have had severe restless legs the last 5 days with periodic leg movements. "

Suckstobeme (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "The medicine in the patch is incredible. I stand straighter, little to no wearing off in between doses of Sinemet. A little dyskensia, but well worth it. Only 1 complaint, the patch does not stick sometimes. Some of the time I have to use 2 patches, because they literally fall off. I used what UCB suggested, Bandaid tape. Anyone else having a problem with patch sticking? Or do I stand alone? But I won't give up Neupro patch for nothing."

fronya (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2012