User Reviews for Neupro to treat Parkinson's Disease

Neupro has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. 53% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 24% reported a negative effect.

Neupro Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 67 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Reviews for Neupro

Si May 3, 2020

“On the neupro patch for a couple of years now. Now up to 8 mg. I also take rasagaline and sinemet. It has given me my life back, that parkinsons had taken away. Symptoms without it are terrible, and all of the alternatives that I have tried have had serious side effects with me. The only drawback I have had since I went to 8 mg, is very poor sleep. I am working to try to see if we can get that better. The problem is that on drugs like ropinirole, Mirapex and others, The side effects and or poor response leads to such things as balance issues, confusion, and a number of other problems. On the patch, I have felt the most normal that I have in years. To the point that I am willing to find ways to battle the sleep issues for the sake of staying on the patch. Until the beginning of 2020, this was covered by my affordable care act, care source insurance. But they Changed their formulary, and stopped covering it. I just got approved by the manufacture for their patient assistance program. What a blessing!”

Anonymous November 9, 2010

“I have used Neupro for 5 months now, in combination with Azilect. The neurologist Increased my dosage from 2mg to 6mg. My tremors and motor-skills co-ordination are definetely more under control. No significant side effects.”

fronya · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2012

“The medicine in the patch is incredible. I stand straighter, little to no wearing off in between doses of Sinemet. A little dyskensia, but well worth it. Only 1 complaint, the patch does not stick sometimes. Some of the time I have to use 2 patches, because they literally fall off. I used what UCB suggested, Bandaid tape. Anyone else having a problem with patch sticking? Or do I stand alone? But I won't give up Neupro patch for nothing.”

Not Price Happy · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 21, 2019

“I've been on Neupro for 4-5 years and for me it works like a wonder drug. It smooths out my movements and makes me feel almost normal again. The price however is stupidly ridiculous. I just found out that if I want to continue taking this it's going to cost me close to $800.00 per month. Say good by to Neupro, Thanks UCB you bunch of fartbags.”

pupsik October 3, 2012

“I have been on the patch for about 3 weeks. It has really helped alot. I have not been able to take any oral medcations because they make me very nauseous. I am taking 2 mg. This patch helps me a lot. So far no side effects.”

Patchdown November 18, 2009

“I am using these patches for 18 months and it has been very effective. But severe psychiatric side effects like increases sexual urges, compulsive chatting/internet surfing, fast driving etc are making me reconsider the use.”

mjbaz2002 · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2017

“Tried switching from Mirapex to Neupro patch - made it only a couple of days - then had to rip the patch off. This drug totally de-stabalized me - it appeared to be even interfering with my carbo/levo - haven't shook that bad in a long long time. Other bad side effects: 1. Extreme tiredness.. slept a Saturday away (14 hours) then went to bed slept all night and could hardly get going on Sunday. 2. My arms and legs felt wooden.. stumbled on the stairs a couple of times. 3. Bad Restless leg syndrome Looking at the note I wrote to the doc.. it took me several weeks to recover and get back to where I was before taking this drug.”

Sitaram (77- PD 2+ yrs) January 9, 2017

“Doctor started Neupro patch samples for my dad starting at 2 mg for a week then 4 for another and 6mg for the third week. After three days into the 6 mg dosa, my father started sleeping non stop .. slept for 2+ days..lost all his strength, balance, control and became a totally different person. Patch was stopped and he never returned to pre-patch condition. Had severe memory loss and now he is 100% dependent upon us for all activities from getting out of the bed to going to toilet or eating. He always wants to sleep. He showed symptoms of improvement for a couple of days where he could barely walk on his own but that did not last long. Neupro is a DANEGROUS medicine! be extremely careful!! DO NOT increase the dosage on old people. Samples.”

Anonymous September 5, 2008

“I have used the patch for nearly 2 years, receiving it from Europe before it was released in the US. Quite honestly, it has been life altering. I am now able to complete tasks I was totally unable to do before. Now that it has been removed from the US market, it is like taking away the oxygen required to breath. Someone should do something to at least get the compassionate use thing going.”

Shaky Neil January 14, 2017

“Neupro seems inappropriate for warm-hot climates, especially in high humidity. My experience in Sydney, Australia, is that I must replace patches 2-3 times/day. Frequently, I'm unaware that the patch has fallen off so for a large part of the day this medication is useless. Last year during a Pacific cruise, I used so many patches that doctors on board agreed that I'd overdosed. Advice contained with the medication tells us not to "store" Neupro at temperatures exceeding 25 degrees centigrade nor leave it in a damp place. How is that possible when the outside temperature is around 40 degrees centigrade with high humidity?”

Pat · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2018

“Neupro has helped my tremors. I have been using patches for three months,2 mgs. My only complaint is that they do not adhere well in this Florida humidity. I have to retape them on several times a day. The price of this med is ridiculous. Hurts the budget!”

Carole Hoogland March 3, 2008

“I have been on the patch for about 6 months. It has really helped alot. I have not been able to take any oral medcations because they make me very nauseas(?) I can't wait til a higher dose is approved in the US. Carole”

Papa's6 March 10, 2008

“Our Dad has been on neupro for only two weeks now. We have seen a great improvement however, he now seems to have developed insomnia. That can be a bit rough for us caretakers at night. Hopefully, sooner than later he will return to a better evening sleep pattern.”

Dopagal · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 1, 2020

“I have Dopa responsive Dystonia. I take sinemet and use the 6mg Neupro patch. I moved up by 1mg every 3 days until my diurnal tremors, rigidity, slowing, and tripping over things eased up (that was at 4mg). Then I attempted to cut back on my sinemet which increased those symptoms though milder than before Neupro. It was increased again by 1mg for 3 days, then another until 6mg patch. I reduced the sinemet again. It worked! I was able to decrease my sinemet by HALF. I no longer spill food all over my self when I eat and I can get up the stairs to my bed. My only side effects has been some weight gain because I have an appetite and mild insomnia. I'm underweight and good at napping so no big deal. I'm so happy with this.”

aj74666 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2012

“Seems to allow for less CD/LD. I think it is minimizing my tremor, allowing me to lower L-Dopa dosage, yet paradoxically, it seems to be increasing my Dyskinesia.”

Thundy August 24, 2015

“Severe reaction, but I am allergic to sulfur based drugs. Lasted under a week. Shakes gone first few days, but came back as I developed a reaction.”

Nev · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 23, 2019

“I have sleep problems since using the neupro patch I have suffered with badly swollen feet”

pmm · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

“the Neupro patches hurt my skin after about 19 hrs....also I think this made my balance worse (I have Parkinson's disease) I think this medication needs improvement”

Learn more about Parkinson's Disease