User Reviews for Ropinirole systemic

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
4.9

Summary of Ropinirole reviews 6.6 244 reviews

Reviews for Ropinirole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Candoitoo - I read your comments on the dosage and leg tenderness on inside of thigh. I had that before I started using ropinerole. I was concerned and could not figure out why that strange tenderness was there. .25 mg an hour or so before bed, then 1 or 2 of the .25 mg at bedtime. It has helped with the RLS so it has helped with the anxiety, panic and depression that comes with sleep deprivation. Glad to hear someone else is having similar response. Bad dreams come to me with or without the ropinerole. That seems to be part of the whole condition."

Justfiguringitout (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Had been taking clonazepam for RLS. In the hospital Doctor decided to switch to Requip. That night traumatized me for a long time. Side effects , electric-like shooting pains exiting from my vertebrae bilaterally. When I returned home I looked up this medication. The approval rating was high, but if you read the side effects people had I would not recommend it to anyone. Leg pain with gabapentin. Mirapex made my muscles cramp up. My mom loved it, but I am back to clonazepam. Quality control bad with generics but as anyone who suffers from RLS knows, you get quite desperate, almost frantic if you run out of medication. BTW antidepressants exasperate symptoms."

Izzl (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "ADHD all my life but RLS started after back surgery after a 40mph bicycle accident. I was 62 then and am now 70. The symptoms start in the late afternoon or early evening and preclude anything like sitting quietly, reading or watching a movie. At night it was impossible to sleep and I was getting depressed to the point of crying and having thoughts of ending it all. I'm now taking 3mg at 8 pm (3 hrs before bed) with 30 mg of THC orally. Prior to the THC, the Requip would only afford me about 4 hrs sleep a night. The THC helps with the nausea, hot flashes, and helps me get to sleep and stay asleep. Now I get 8+ hrs of sleep most nights. If anyone pursues this course of action, BE ADVISED, start out with 5mg THC and increase as need OVER WEEKS OR MONTHS! This combo has saved my life. Comments I've read here have brought me to tears. I hope this will help some of you. One person mentioned that it helps with ED. I can verify that. However, it does nothing for libido."

rfields (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "So... after years of failed drug 'trials' my consultant said I was now severe so has put me on Ropinirole. The 1st night felt sick but fought it off but last night..WOW!! It was like a scene from the exorcist!! That sick flew out of me....within an hour!! Then afterwards I was feeling really weak but fell asleep pretty quickly and woke up at 6.... bit zombified though!! I DID fall asleep at my desk...literally 5 mins but was unexpected!! More up dates to follow... can anyone fellow sufferer tell me if the sickness wears off...pleassssee!!!"

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "This is the best medication I have ever been on for RLS/PLMD. It has really given my quality of life back to me. I never experienced any problems with nausea or vomiting "

Bubba (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2018

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "For many years I had been experiencing jerky legs, arms and total body. It became painful when I had these bouts. Around the age of 45 they became daily, sometimes multiple times a day. On top of fibromyalgia these bouts became unbearable. A doctor diagnosed me and perceived generic result. Took awhile to get the dosage adjusted. I finally was adjusted to .05 in increments up to 6 tablets before bed time to be able to sleep. It worked out great. If I have bouts during the day I will take 1 tab. I will fall asleep within 30 minutes and sleep up to 2 hours. I have lost health and prescription ins. And don't know how this is going to play out. I can't go without this drug, the pain it relieves makes life tolerable."

Karaokekate51 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Been on Requip, 1mg for over ten years. The first 10 days or so, it was awful. Thought I would pass out. Kept stopping and starting again. Then like magic, no more side effects and worked 90% of the time. Retired this year and switch to cheaper ropinerole, 2mg as the lower dose was useless! Nausea too. So, now it 8months later and switched back to brand Requip. Some things are just not worth the cheaper price. Grateful I will sleep tonight!!"

Katz (taken for 10 years or more) November 1, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I got it while in a detox facility and left with a script. For someone who has severe ADD and constantly restless legs it was a blessing. Especially with the withdrawal symptoms - it changed everything. I was able to stay still enough to fall asleep. I didn't have my ADD meds (vyvance and adderall) while in the facility so it was also a help in keeping my ADD symptoms under control."

OG Patriot (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have kidney failure and apparently RLS is very common with renal problems. For the most part it works for me, but it's obvious to me that I'm going to have to keep upping the dosage to make it work. I have started to do some very basic leg stretches which I highly recommend, just about 2 feet from your bed or chair, put your leg on the bed with your knee locked and bend over slightly till you feel the pull in your calf and thigh, and hold for about 90 seconds or so and switch legs and repeat. Try this several times during the evening, but especially before you go to bed. I don't have pain with my RLS just the constant need to move, but of course it makes it almost impossible to sleep, and the Requip does help with little side effects."

Hans September 23, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for years. Bad, tired years. I take three 1mg every night. I have to take them at 7 pm because now, it doesn't take effect for at least 3 hours, plus I take 1/2 Xanax with them along with 100 mg of Gabapentin. I get tired, nose stuffy, but cannot go to sleep. I end up in bed about 9-10 because I am so tired. I lay there and my mind is wild. Sometime I fall asleep. I wake around 5-6. Go back to sleep for an hour or so and this is when I have crazy dreams. I was on Ropinirole patches during the day but they would not stay stuck to my skin. During the day my legs are so weak and tired I can hardly walk but if I set down they start jerking around."

Wildviolet (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "helps me get the rest I need. Without rest I hurt terribly from chronic fatigue syndrome. I tried to stop taking this for a few months and I was exhausted and up most of the night with leg issues. A couple times I actually got up and marched in place for a few minutes. So frustrating to have RLS."

linny (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for more than 20 years and Ropinirole (three 1 mg tab) works perfectly as long as I take them at least 2 hours before bedtime. It is also good for ED."

bob (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had been suffering with restless legs for many years on occasion, while sleeping. Then it started every evening about 3 years ago. Started taking Requip 1 mg about 2 years ago and it takes 1 - 2 hours to work. Sometimes I have to take another pill during the night. I do not have any side effects so I am very satisfied with it."

Dot (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I suffer with restless legs I have for years I suffer with this 24 seven I have got to the point where I have thought of taking a overdose. It is ruining my life I can't stand much more of it I've been to the doctor again and he has prescribed me Ropinirole 25mg which has made me worse - stomach pains and very bad nausea next day I can't take this no more I take Temgesc 400 mg 4 to5 a day dissolve under my tongue which help me a lot but I cannot now sleep for more than an hour which is making me very ill I do not know what to do anymore. The hospital believe it was nerve damage in my lower legs. The pain in my calf muscles is unbelievable from top to bottom my muscles flinch terrible I am finding it very hard to cope with it now "

whitestar4 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started with one and increased weekly until I was taking 4. I had so many side effects - queasy all day, I developed an oniony odor & my urine was so strong that I developed a UTI, made food and beverages taste bad, face broke out, symptoms worsened, and had a strange reaction after drinking small glass of wine. Cutting back to 1, has helped and no noticable side effects."

Ellen (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking Ropinirole for over 10 years now.It literally saved my life.I was so sleep deprived from RLS I wanted to end my life. At times I even had it in my arms. I have had RLS since I was a child and suffered for years in school and even college trying to sit still. Severe sleeping problems did not occur until my mid thirties but RLS was not treated as such then and a few Drs tried to tell me it was depression. The antidepressants only escalated the problem. Finally RLS became a realization to the medical world and thank God we that suffer with it now have a chance at a normal life even if it is on medication."

Ally (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I don't know if the problem will go away. I've only been taking this since last Thursday - almost a week now. But I am having the worst nightmares I've ever had in my life. Before this medication I don't even remembering dreaming at all."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had most of the different meds for RLS. This has helped more than any other. I was prescribed one 1mg at bedtime. I did not know there was an option of taking any during the day. I am definitely going to ask my Dr. It has helped but I also need help during the day. Whenever I have a chance to sit back at night, my legs want me to get up and move!"

Elaine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have experienced RLS for the past 10 years and started with .25 mg of Ropinirole about two hours before bedtime. Now I am up to .50mg at dinner time and and .25 mg at bedtime. I realize I can be taking a higher dose, but since I don't have the issue during the day, my doctor would like me to stay at a total of .75 mg. However, as several people have indicated, it seems as time goes on, you need more of this product to keep the RLS at bay. Most nights it works, but some nights there is no relief unless I take another .25 mg. Makes me sleepy yes, but, that is a good trade off. I have also found that when the RLS acts up, I have very tender spot on my leg just above the knee and towards the inside of the thigh. Using a vibrating massager on this area seems to help calm the RLS. Once the RLS is under control the tenderness is less severe and even goes away. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Anyway, thank goodnees for the Meds, at least something helps most of the time."

Candoitoo (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I began Ropinirole about 3 months. My RLS was out of control at bedtime and just sitting down for periods of time. I started with 1mg before bed, then 2mg, then 3mg. I was SO SICK. Nauseated, using the restroom all the time, severe insomnia, fatigue, dizziness, confusion... However, most of these side-effects have abated. My problem now is that right after I take the Ropinirole, my RLS gets horrible! It goes away after about an hour, but for that one hour, I'm in agony. Anyone else experience this? The restlessness is also in my arms. Ugh. Sometimes the insomnia persists. I'm also on clonazepam as needed."

Bmaebell March 12, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Parkinson's Disease: "Diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinsons Disease in the fall of 2009 @ the age of 47, I was prescribed the drug Requip. God, family, & friends were the most important things in my life prior to taking the medicine. I was very conservative with my $ and spent approximately a total of $10 on the lottery & made 2 trips to a Casino spending $20 in my lifetime. After taking this medication for approximately 3 months in the fall of 2009, I developed an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) with scratch off lottery tickets & slot machines. To make a long story short, after risking loosing my family, soul, friends and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, the decision to take Requip was a mistake. Compulsive gambling is a listed side effect."

takenadvantageof (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I found this medicine to be a lifesaver, I wasn’t getting any sleep whatsoever and up all night crying with my legs jumping all the time and feeling of tickly legs. I had to take vitamin b 12 and iron tabs 3 times a day then this medication once at night. The instructions say take 1-2 hours before bedtime but I find that after I've taken this I’m asleep within half an hour. I don’t feel myself drift off to sleep, I’m awake one minute and out the next, made a huge difference to my life and comfort at night."

Heather (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I take 1 mg in morning, and 2mg more before bed. It has completely controlled my RLS with few if any side effects. Great med for me."

Kjetl February 21, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Horrible nightmares!!!"

Michtoo2 February 13, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "It's magic for me. Most of the time, within an hour of taking it, I'm ready to sleep with no problems at all."

Sue4JC February 11, 2018