User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 163 reviews 14 medications

6.9
Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 49 medications

5.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 13 reviews 11 medications

Summary of Ropinirole reviews 185 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Ropinirole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was just prescribed this medication to use at night for restless leg syndrome, plus I have many back problems which cause my legs to hurt and I have a hard time keeping my legs still due to all the discomfort. I also have a really hard time with insomnia, so my doctor thought that it may also help with that also. Tonight will be my first night taking a 1 mg. tablet. I am so hoping that it helps with the RLS and the insomnia. They told me it could take up to 7-10 days to get the full effects from it. Hoping this works!!!"

K-bo March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medication has been a lifesaver for me. Sometimes I would lay awake 4 hours miserable walks, hot showers, I researched 4 hours looking for a solution. As soon as I started taking this medication I noticed a very big Improvement. There is one downside to it. When I take this I am asleep within 30 minutes I am on the 4 milligram. I am feeling very blessed to finally have a solution to the restless nights."

Shayshayshay March 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have autoimmune issues, no thyroid and RLS started for me about a year before a thyroid cancer diagnosis. The RLS was so severe I literally asked my husband to hide the guns in the house because I was that miserable (along w other side effects from the cancer treatment). I was referred to a sleep neuro and was started on 2 mg of Requip. This drug I believe has changed and saved my life. Literally. I went without a dose for the first time last night because I didn't make it to the pharmacy in time for my refill. Well I had zero sleep last night. Waiting for the drug store to open this morning because I am still experiencing severe symptoms at 6:00 am. I learned my symptoms are less when my diet is healthy (low or no carb is best)."

AmyWilk February 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been on Requip for 3 days now. 1mg total. It's done nothing. I'm exhausted and want to sleep but the RSL keeps me up. I average about 4 hours of sleep a day now. I spend hours in my chair with my arms and legs shaking. It's pure hell. Sometimes I feel like taking a chainsaw to my limbs."

Restless in PA. February 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Unfortunately I couldn't handle this medication for even a week. I was on 0.25mg once a day (at night). I was plagued by nausea that would last ALL day. I developed moderate muscle cramping and I had extreme daytime sleepiness that not even caffeine could help with (400 mg of caffeine not helping fatigue is more than unusual). I fell asleep in the bathtub while taking a bath, when I woke up my head was nearly fully submerged, the water line was literally at my mouth. Unfortunately I had to discontinue. The nausea was the worst part. Feeling like I want to puke all day long is terrible. It might work for other people but this med is definitely NOT for me."

Jwright7784 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had brain surgery in 2006 came home from that and found myself in a divorce - within a few weeks of being on my own trying to recoop from surgery I started having RLS - Thank God I had a small town family Dr that diagnosed it, because my neurologist told me it was "nothing" and it "would go away" which it didn't-After a few years with another medication that had to keep being increased, I was put on requip. It definitely has made my life much better. I'm not a good sleeper, back pain& overweight-in the last 9 months lost 90lbs- I was hoping the RLS would get better on its own with the weight loss but it hasn't - I take 2-1mg tablets before bed and one tablet about 4am- it has made my life much more tolerable- I'm miserable without it"

Loopy Leg Laura January 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had restless legs almost every night. I dreaded to go to bed because I knew I would be in misery.I started taking requip my dr. recommended and wrote a RX for. I have never had restless legs once after starting it. I am so thankful I have this medication."

Dodieellen January 29, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was having violent nightmares, shaking and kicking violently throughout the night, once striking my wife. I had no recall of any of it in the morning and I felt rested. I did find that I could not make thru the day without a nap. If I napped in my recliner, there were no episodes, but if I lay down on the bed, I had episodes as soon as I dozed off. Started ropinarole at .25mg, moving up to 1mg before any control of RLS was seen. Then no nightmares, shakes or kicking for about 6 months. Episodes started up again growing progressively worse. Started 2mg but had episodes in the early mornings. Started taking med. at 30 minutes before bedtime instead of 1 to 2 hours before. So far, no episodes."

TGWOH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Numerous side effects with requip including the worse of a constant post nasal drip that is debilitating my life. I am going homeopathic and have found cures . I am currently taking magnesium with srt, l-tyrosine, calcium and minerals, 5-htp. About to add some changes in diet. Adding carrot juice, turmeric and others as recommended by the website. "

Newyearchallenges (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Was officially prescribed codeine for Restless leg syndrome. The first night I slept like a well fed and burped baby. Awesome, but it didn't last. Was then prescribed ropinirole .25mg at night. Worked well but 2 years later, the dosage has had to be increased to 2mg. Works well, but I'm experiencing awful nausea, loss of appetite and the thought of food makes me want to vomit. I hope this will pass"

Kasania (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I'm 61 and started getting RLS symptoms during my 30's, starting as just tingling and progressing over the years into full blown leg kicking. It would start every evening while watching tv, or any time I was sitting for more than an hour -- in the movie, on an airplane, etc. Previous doc had me on klonipin, but current doc said (generic) Requip is a better as the side effects for long term use are supposedly less. I've been on .25 mg for only two months, but the kicking seldom even starts now. I even forgot to take it one night. I have noticed some insomnia, but that isn't new for me. I've been taking a Benadryl at night; that seems to help. I've not had any nausea or other symptoms. Fingers crossed that I don't have to keep upping the dose"

SunLover25 January 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I I wanted to give an update as I hadn't started taking Requip on my first post. I had taken 2 doses, and had one episode of RLS the second day. On the 3rd day, I was sitting in the waiting room at the colonoscopy clinic while my husband was in the back. I kept dozing off, and would wake up, looking for my bottle of water, and it was in my purse, sitting in my lap. This happened over 4-5 times. Anyhow, I took another dose that night, which was a Monday. The next day, on the drive home, I was dozing, then woke up, raised up my seat, put my window down a little, reached out and pushed the mirror up! I didn't say anything, put my window back up, and went back to sleep. That was my last dose and I threw the rest of it away."

Texas Mimi January 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS all my life. For the first 40 years I was wide awake until 2-3 in the morning and my legs were wanting to run a marathon. First night on ropinirole was a come to Jesus like experience. I had to up the dosages until I was at 4 mg, which has been just fine for the last 8 years. I do not know if I would have made it through the last 12 years without this medication."

Francis N December 17, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "I took my first 4 milligram Ropinirole tablet last night at about 8 p.m. my stomach was about Half & Half not full not empty about 45 min to an hour after I started to experience severe what I thought flu symptoms and I had projectile vomiting until my stomach was empty. I felt fine after my stomach was empty but I'm afraid to take another pill tonight. Does anybody have any ideas for terrible leg cramping almost crippling effects?"

Katherine Casey November 13, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I am new to the RLS community. RLS started about 3 months ago my GP firstly prescribed amytriptyline which didn't work very well. I have been on Ropinirol ever since but have had to increase the dosage. I am 2.5mg at the moment and will probably increase to 3mg next week"

Locin (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for perhaps 35 years or so. It would start and stop. But about 5 years ago I started on .25 mg of roprinole. it takes an hour to work so I took it at about 8 PM. But over the years the dosage crept up to .50 mg once at 4:30 PM and once at 6:30 PM and I was good for the night. Some nausea and some sleepiness which were OKay. then the two pills turned into an additional pill of .5 mg in the middle of the night. Still okay. But then about 6 months ago my doctor sent me to an RLS sleep specialist. What a nightmare this began. The specialist tells me that I will just continue to take more and more and eventually Augmentation would start. this site will not let me finish my story."

Linda Zww (taken for 10 years or more) November 1, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have been taking this for years and it definitely works for me although it makes me very drowsy if I take two 1 mg at a time. In the past 18 months or so my RLS has gradually become more frequent during the day therefore unable to sit in the afternoons or if I'm on holiday particularly in a hot country they are a nightmare. Have recently been to the doctors and got 500mcg and when it's really bad I'm going to try it and see if it helps for during the day. On my last holiday I took one mg about 3 o'clock and it helped but that only left one mg for the evening and this meant it didn't last till morning but to be honest I think I need to up my dose but am scared that my RLS is only going to get worse so don't want up my dose by too much."

EPH October 31, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "It works but it's based on what is in your stomach. If I'm stuffed and ate to much before bed, which can be hours before bed I need 3 mg. Some what full 2mg and if I ate small meals and I take it 2 hours before bed 1mg. Now if I take 1 or 2 mg on an empty stomach I might feel sick. I have gotten home before after work and very hungry and ordered pizza. Took 1 or 2 mg before ordering and felt sick before the pizza even got here. So I the mg's need is based on what's in your stomach. It works great but you can't get take what the Doctor says like 2mg's before bed because it changes. Have the Doctor give you 90 tablets at 1mg and write take 1-3 per night as needed. We'll see if that helps and I feel your pain."

UPS October 24, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been suffering from RLS since a young child, and during the past year it had gotten so bad I was barely getting 3 hours of sleep a night. My dear husband was ready to hit me over the head with a baseball bat! My primary care Physician just prescribed Ropinirole (Requip generic) for me a week ago. I am on a low dose, .25 mg, taken 1.5 hr before bedtime. So far, this has been a game changer for me! I feel more rested and so much more energized in the morning. The little bit of nausea, (the only side affect I have so far) I am suffering is a small price to pay for no RLS. I still have some insomnia and wake several times during the night so I will up my dose to .50 mg. and go from there. This drug has been a miracle for me!"

Wp October 16, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "At first this medication seemed like a life saver. After time I began to augment and I would have to take more and more of the drug earlier in the day. It caused all kinds of side effects from yawning to compulsive shopping. I gained about 40 lbs and my blood pressure went through the roof. After being on this prescription for several years, it was horrendous to get off of. It has taken almost a year to finally say I am totally free of the DA's (dopamine agonists). I will never, ever take one of these classes of drugs again. The side effects, withdrawal and effect on overall health is not worth it."

RachelJames (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 11, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Restless legs worse"

miketer October 7, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been suffering from RLS for over 30 years. My Dr put me onto ropinirole about 5 years ago. Absolute wonder drug! Within 30 min of taking it, my legs are fine"

Charzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I haven't taken my first dose yet, but hoping it works. My RLS occurs mostly during the day, and at times also includes my arms. Since I have a problem with chronic pain, I'm on Norco 10/325 every 6 hrs, Gabapentin 300-900mgm 3 times a day, and had been on Diazapam (Valium) 5 mgm every 4-6 hrs as needed for muscle spasms. Well, one day I got so desperate that I took one of each of my meds and the symptoms stopped after about 45 minutes! I was so excited as I would often have 3-4 episodes a day, not every day thank goodness! Then, my pain management doctor stopped the Diazapam! Really made it harder to control the RLS when it would start. I finally upped my dose of Gabapentin, which seemed to help. Still need some Diazapam to work."

Texas Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I recently started this medication for my horrible RLS, I couldn't sleep most nights because of it. I started on 1mg a night and within 30 min the awful leg tingles and shaking stopped! And then about 1.5 hr into taking it my entire body felt relaxed and practically put me to sleep! It was easy to wake up on too! I tried seroquel for sleep before and that was really hard to wake from. Anyways I have not had any bad side effects so far! I'm so glad they make medications for RLS, I feel like this medication makes me feel so energized for the next day! Puts me in a much better mood feeling like I got enough sleep! Great medication for RLS! Definitely give it a try! They have many different dosages ranging from 0.25mg-5mg a night so try it out!"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "First time to take ropinirole for rls. Took 1 2mg table at 9.45 pm. 30 minutes later I naused,a cold sweat, dizzy, and disoriented. Thought I need to go to ER. I vomoited a couple of times and felt better in about one hour. Will not use again."

R66 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016