User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Restless Legs Syndrome
6.7

Parkinson's Disease
5.5

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Summary of Ropinirole reviews 6.5 237 reviews

Reviews for Ropinirole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I got it while in a detox facility and left with a script. For someone who has severe ADD and constantly restless legs it was a blessing. Especially with the withdrawal symptoms - it changed everything. I was able to stay still enough to fall asleep. I didn't have my ADD meds (vyvance and adderall) while in the facility so it was also a help in keeping my ADD symptoms under control."

OG Patriot (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have kidney failure and apparently RLS is very common with renal problems. For the most part it works for me, but it's obvious to me that I'm going to have to keep upping the dosage to make it work. I have started to do some very basic leg stretches which I highly recommend, just about 2 feet from your bed or chair, put your leg on the bed with your knee locked and bend over slightly till you feel the pull in your calf and thigh, and hold for about 90 seconds or so and switch legs and repeat. Try this several times during the evening, but especially before you go to bed. I don't have pain with my RLS just the constant need to move, but of course it makes it almost impossible to sleep, and the Requip does help with little side effects."

Hans September 23, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for years. Bad, tired years. I take three 1mg every night. I have to take them at 7 pm because now, it doesn't take effect for at least 3 hours, plus I take 1/2 Xanax with them along with 100 mg of Gabapentin. I get tired, nose stuffy, but cannot go to sleep. I end up in bed about 9-10 because I am so tired. I lay there and my mind is wild. Sometime I fall asleep. I wake around 5-6. Go back to sleep for an hour or so and this is when I have crazy dreams. I was on Ropinirole patches during the day but they would not stay stuck to my skin. During the day my legs are so weak and tired I can hardly walk but if I set down they start jerking around."

Wildviolet (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "helps me get the rest I need. Without rest I hurt terribly from chronic fatigue syndrome. I tried to stop taking this for a few months and I was exhausted and up most of the night with leg issues. A couple times I actually got up and marched in place for a few minutes. So frustrating to have RLS."

linny (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for more than 20 years and Ropinirole (three 1 mg tab) works perfectly as long as I take them at least 2 hours before bedtime. It is also good for ED."

bob (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had been suffering with restless legs for many years on occasion, while sleeping. Then it started every evening about 3 years ago. Started taking Requip 1 mg about 2 years ago and it takes 1 - 2 hours to work. Sometimes I have to take another pill during the night. I do not have any side effects so I am very satisfied with it."

Dot (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I suffer with restless legs I have for years I suffer with this 24 seven I have got to the point where I have thought of taking a overdose. It is ruining my life I can't stand much more of it I've been to the doctor again and he has prescribed me Ropinirole 25mg which has made me worse - stomach pains and very bad nausea next day I can't take this no more I take Temgesc 400 mg 4 to5 a day dissolve under my tongue which help me a lot but I cannot now sleep for more than an hour which is making me very ill I do not know what to do anymore. The hospital believe it was nerve damage in my lower legs. The pain in my calf muscles is unbelievable from top to bottom my muscles flinch terrible I am finding it very hard to cope with it now "

whitestar4 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I started with one and increased weekly until I was taking 4. I had so many side effects - queasy all day, I developed an oniony odor & my urine was so strong that I developed a UTI, made food and beverages taste bad, face broke out, symptoms worsened, and had a strange reaction after drinking small glass of wine. Cutting back to 1, has helped and no noticable side effects."

Ellen (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking Ropinirole for over 10 years now.It literally saved my life.I was so sleep deprived from RLS I wanted to end my life. At times I even had it in my arms. I have had RLS since I was a child and suffered for years in school and even college trying to sit still. Severe sleeping problems did not occur until my mid thirties but RLS was not treated as such then and a few Drs tried to tell me it was depression. The antidepressants only escalated the problem. Finally RLS became a realization to the medical world and thank God we that suffer with it now have a chance at a normal life even if it is on medication."

Ally (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I don't know if the problem will go away. I've only been taking this since last Thursday - almost a week now. But I am having the worst nightmares I've ever had in my life. Before this medication I don't even remembering dreaming at all."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had most of the different meds for RLS. This has helped more than any other. I was prescribed one 1mg at bedtime. I did not know there was an option of taking any during the day. I am definitely going to ask my Dr. It has helped but I also need help during the day. Whenever I have a chance to sit back at night, my legs want me to get up and move!"

Elaine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have experienced RLS for the past 10 years and started with .25 mg of Ropinirole about two hours before bedtime. Now I am up to .50mg at dinner time and and .25 mg at bedtime. I realize I can be taking a higher dose, but since I don't have the issue during the day, my doctor would like me to stay at a total of .75 mg. However, as several people have indicated, it seems as time goes on, you need more of this product to keep the RLS at bay. Most nights it works, but some nights there is no relief unless I take another .25 mg. Makes me sleepy yes, but, that is a good trade off. I have also found that when the RLS acts up, I have very tender spot on my leg just above the knee and towards the inside of the thigh. Using a vibrating massager on this area seems to help calm the RLS. Once the RLS is under control the tenderness is less severe and even goes away. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Anyway, thank goodnees for the Meds, at least something helps most of the time."

Candoitoo (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I began Ropinirole about 3 months. My RLS was out of control at bedtime and just sitting down for periods of time. I started with 1mg before bed, then 2mg, then 3mg. I was SO SICK. Nauseated, using the restroom all the time, severe insomnia, fatigue, dizziness, confusion... However, most of these side-effects have abated. My problem now is that right after I take the Ropinirole, my RLS gets horrible! It goes away after about an hour, but for that one hour, I'm in agony. Anyone else experience this? The restlessness is also in my arms. Ugh. Sometimes the insomnia persists. I'm also on clonazepam as needed."

Bmaebell March 12, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Parkinson's Disease: "Diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinsons Disease in the fall of 2009 @ the age of 47, I was prescribed the drug Requip. God, family, & friends were the most important things in my life prior to taking the medicine. I was very conservative with my $ and spent approximately a total of $10 on the lottery & made 2 trips to a Casino spending $20 in my lifetime. After taking this medication for approximately 3 months in the fall of 2009, I developed an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) with scratch off lottery tickets & slot machines. To make a long story short, after risking loosing my family, soul, friends and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, the decision to take Requip was a mistake. Compulsive gambling is a listed side effect."

takenadvantageof (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I found this medicine to be a lifesaver, I wasn’t getting any sleep whatsoever and up all night crying with my legs jumping all the time and feeling of tickly legs. I had to take vitamin b 12 and iron tabs 3 times a day then this medication once at night. The instructions say take 1-2 hours before bedtime but I find that after I've taken this I’m asleep within half an hour. I don’t feel myself drift off to sleep, I’m awake one minute and out the next, made a huge difference to my life and comfort at night."

Heather (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I take 1 mg in morning, and 2mg more before bed. It has completely controlled my RLS with few if any side effects. Great med for me."

Kjetl February 21, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Horrible nightmares!!!"

Michtoo2 February 13, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "It's magic for me. Most of the time, within an hour of taking it, I'm ready to sleep with no problems at all."

Sue4JC February 11, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Physically works.....However, I have blown through our entire life savings on Amazon, Lowes and Home Depot. We are elderly and now have gone through our savings by reconstructing our home (with contractors)...I simply could not stop. If I tell my doctor I will be back to not sleeping because of RLS. I used to save, now I spend."

TURTLE5252 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 30, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "It worked ok for about 2 months at 1 to 1.5mg, then it not only stopped working but made my RLS worse. Wish I had known this in advance I'd never have started taking it."

justin80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2018

For Parkinson's Disease: "I was anxious to the point that I wanted to jump out of my skin. Sinemet managed tremors but I couldn't function at times because of clenched fists with my arms flexed and rubbing my hands together. Initially I took two ropinirole daily (one in morning and one at bedtime), anxiety was gone in two days but I was extremely exhausted in the afternoon. Now I take both doses at bedtime and the tiredness (not sleepiness) is reduced. Still, some days I barely make it back home, so exhausted."

Young66 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2018

For Parkinson's Disease: "Felt very sleepy all the time and got a severe headache, decided to carry on without any medication for as long as I can as I am prone to most side effects of any medication"

Rivet (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have taken many variations of strength of this particular manufacturers ropinerol . Over a period of years .... It comes to me from my local pharmacy only as a cost saver to insurance . Each time I take heritage's brand I end up with the exact opposite of the goal of the medication ... It stiffens up my legs so much I can barely walk . It doesn't matter the strength of the drug ... It is just the manufacturer.... I sure would like to know what exactly is different from other generics ... As well as the companies that heritage supply's so I can avoid any other instances of course . But I am desperately searching for the ingredients in the pills as well as the coating to possibly eliminate this from happening if ANYONE reads this plea."

Apurplerozeyahoo.com (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 7, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have had RLS, gotta be going on 30 years. Ropinirole 4mg (apparently max) works most of the time. Except those times when I take two because muscles make my foot spin backwards. Hurts like hell."

Mouse1501 November 18, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS most of my life and have been on and tried many things. The first few days on this med seemed to work...until it didn't and my legs got much worse. My legs are extremely bad to the point I don't sleep for weeks. I cry at night it's that bad."

Vanih November 14, 2017