User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 178 reviews 14 medications

6.8
Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 49 medications

5.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 13 reviews 11 medications

Summary of Ropinirole reviews 200 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Ropinirole

ReQuip Follow on Pack (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have used this drug for 2-3 yrs, at 2mg. Not so effective right now, having to attend G.P. to see if drug can be increased"

Murf. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking the drug for a decade and have found it excellent in relieving and keeping symptoms at bay. I have to take it twice a day as if I am inactive during the afternoon I can have an attack of restless nights in leg syndrome. I have found it helps me keep and active and full life."

Camrynnz June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works better than mirapex"

Elf64 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I developed restless leg syndrome at 40 although had a bit of it when I was younger I am now up to 3 mg twice a day no help no relief any longer and like the first person posted I became addicted to gambling and it change my personality completely. And now I'm at a loss of what to do"

Weetoo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Stay away from this drug. It works to control RLS but has turned me into a compulsive gambler. One of the listed side effects is compulsions.. gambling in particular, If you think RLS is hard to beat, try beating a gambling addiction. Do not take this drug, it has ruined my life!"

Anonymous May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I took a dose of two 0.25mg tablets. I experienced BP of an average of about 100/53. My muscles from my neck down my back ached so bad I couldn't stand up straight. I was so fatigued I could have gone to sleep standing up. I was disoriented and out of breath. All of this lasted about 1 week."

Cocoooo (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've RLS for about 5 years. I was on Nupro for about a year and it worked well until the last month, then it was like it made it worse. I've been on Requip for almost 2 years and have had to up my dose a couple of times. I now take Requip ER in the morning around 11:00am, and take a 2mg pill at 8:00 pm and sleep through most nights."

Visaliaflash (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "great for sleeping but my legs hurt during the day"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS my whole life. Finally got diagnosed 11 years ago and started on requip. Knocks me out every night after it kicks in. I have to take with food so I won't get a upset stomach."

Anonymous May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Part 2 May be something or nothing. I have RLS. when I was in my early teens myself and friends use to pitch a tent on the field in front of our house's during the summer. There was a rival group of kids too, they pitched tents else were. We used to play daft games. I can remember if we left the tent in the middle of the night with no shoes on,walked around on hard footpaths, roads etc. I always got RLS on getting back into the tent. This was my first memory of RLS. it never happened at any other time growing up. Maybe a clue as to why it happens. It started again at the age of 35ish. pass this on to other health pro's or think back for a trigger we may find out why and how this happens.k.midd 2017.."

Newcastle UK (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS since kindergarden where teachers would tell me to "please sit still for 5 minutes!!!". I grew up not sleeping a lot but it became extremely bad when I went to study at my university. I had a period of a bit more than 2 year where I slept roughly 1.5 to 2 hours a night. I was a zombie and I have almost no recollection of that time period. I also would have violent "spasms" during sleep (to the point that I even punched a hole in the wall above my bed). I now know that I suffered from PMDS and RLS. The doctor first started me on 1 mg but I quickly increased to 4 mg. This helped for a few months. now I am using ropinirole 2 mg retard. This works most of the time but some night I get an "attack" and don't sleep. Word count limit.."

Akisame (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I'm taken this medication and I started on 2 mg and kept waking up every hour, next night was 3 mg and still kept waking up every hour, now its three days and I've upped it to 4mg hope tonight works, wish me luck..."

Anthony s burr (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Prescribed ropinirole by hospital doctor for RLS that began while in hospital for subdermal hematoma due to a fall. RLS does not always last a lifetime. Anyhow, Dr prescribed to me upon leaving hospital. I started to take as prescribed but it made me feel ill and awkward so I stopped. My OT then asked why I wasn't taking it and advised me to 'take as doctor ordered' despite bad experience. So, I started back on it. By 3 weeks, it was slowing my movements to snail pace! Took me 30 minutes to walk 30 feet, it was horrible! My family came to realize the reason for my near paralysis was this new drug. We are ready to sue and hope it doesn't cause permanent walking difficulty! I walked out of the hospital just fine, now this?! USE CAUTION folks"

bethany101 (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I used for years no longer helping I'm 55 now and never had so bad. See Dr next week.... RLS is worse then back pain I have 2 Rod's in my back"

Bcc61 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was told to take this medication around 5:00 PM. After taking this medicine for a week, I decided that I couldn't take it anymore. It kept me awake and still had restless legs. When I did sleep a little, I had bad dreams and I had repetitive thoughts all throughout the night. It was weird. I cut out caffeine and tried walking more and decided to try it again for a week but no change. I just couldn't take it."

NF (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was just prescribed this medication to use at night for restless leg syndrome, plus I have many back problems which cause my legs to hurt and I have a hard time keeping my legs still due to all the discomfort. I also have a really hard time with insomnia, so my doctor thought that it may also help with that also. Tonight will be my first night taking a 1 mg. tablet. I am so hoping that it helps with the RLS and the insomnia. They told me it could take up to 7-10 days to get the full effects from it. Hoping this works!!!"

K-bo March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medication has been a lifesaver for me. Sometimes I would lay awake 4 hours miserable walks, hot showers, I researched 4 hours looking for a solution. As soon as I started taking this medication I noticed a very big Improvement. There is one downside to it. When I take this I am asleep within 30 minutes I am on the 4 milligram. I am feeling very blessed to finally have a solution to the restless nights."

Shayshayshay March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have autoimmune issues, no thyroid and RLS started for me about a year before a thyroid cancer diagnosis. The RLS was so severe I literally asked my husband to hide the guns in the house because I was that miserable (along w other side effects from the cancer treatment). I was referred to a sleep neuro and was started on 2 mg of Requip. This drug I believe has changed and saved my life. Literally. I went without a dose for the first time last night because I didn't make it to the pharmacy in time for my refill. Well I had zero sleep last night. Waiting for the drug store to open this morning because I am still experiencing severe symptoms at 6:00 am. I learned my symptoms are less when my diet is healthy (low or no carb is best)."

AmyWilk February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been on Requip for 3 days now. 1mg total. It's done nothing. I'm exhausted and want to sleep but the RSL keeps me up. I average about 4 hours of sleep a day now. I spend hours in my chair with my arms and legs shaking. It's pure hell. Sometimes I feel like taking a chainsaw to my limbs."

Restless in PA. February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Unfortunately I couldn't handle this medication for even a week. I was on 0.25mg once a day (at night). I was plagued by nausea that would last ALL day. I developed moderate muscle cramping and I had extreme daytime sleepiness that not even caffeine could help with (400 mg of caffeine not helping fatigue is more than unusual). I fell asleep in the bathtub while taking a bath, when I woke up my head was nearly fully submerged, the water line was literally at my mouth. Unfortunately I had to discontinue. The nausea was the worst part. Feeling like I want to puke all day long is terrible. It might work for other people but this med is definitely NOT for me."

Jwright7784 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had brain surgery in 2006 came home from that and found myself in a divorce - within a few weeks of being on my own trying to recoop from surgery I started having RLS - Thank God I had a small town family Dr that diagnosed it, because my neurologist told me it was "nothing" and it "would go away" which it didn't-After a few years with another medication that had to keep being increased, I was put on requip. It definitely has made my life much better. I'm not a good sleeper, back pain& overweight-in the last 9 months lost 90lbs- I was hoping the RLS would get better on its own with the weight loss but it hasn't - I take 2-1mg tablets before bed and one tablet about 4am- it has made my life much more tolerable- I'm miserable without it"

Loopy Leg Laura January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had restless legs almost every night. I dreaded to go to bed because I knew I would be in misery.I started taking requip my dr. recommended and wrote a RX for. I have never had restless legs once after starting it. I am so thankful I have this medication."

Dodieellen January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was having violent nightmares, shaking and kicking violently throughout the night, once striking my wife. I had no recall of any of it in the morning and I felt rested. I did find that I could not make thru the day without a nap. If I napped in my recliner, there were no episodes, but if I lay down on the bed, I had episodes as soon as I dozed off. Started ropinarole at .25mg, moving up to 1mg before any control of RLS was seen. Then no nightmares, shakes or kicking for about 6 months. Episodes started up again growing progressively worse. Started 2mg but had episodes in the early mornings. Started taking med. at 30 minutes before bedtime instead of 1 to 2 hours before. So far, no episodes."

TGWOH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Numerous side effects with requip including the worse of a constant post nasal drip that is debilitating my life. I am going homeopathic and have found cures . I am currently taking magnesium with srt, l-tyrosine, calcium and minerals, 5-htp. About to add some changes in diet. Adding carrot juice, turmeric and others as recommended by the website. "

Newyearchallenges (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Was officially prescribed codeine for Restless leg syndrome. The first night I slept like a well fed and burped baby. Awesome, but it didn't last. Was then prescribed ropinirole .25mg at night. Worked well but 2 years later, the dosage has had to be increased to 2mg. Works well, but I'm experiencing awful nausea, loss of appetite and the thought of food makes me want to vomit. I hope this will pass"

Kasania (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2017