User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome
6.7

Parkinson's Disease
5.8

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Summary of Ropinirole reviews 5.5 214 reviews

Reviews for Ropinirole

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have had RLS, gotta be going on 30 years. Ropinirole 4mg (apparently max) works most of the time. Except those times when I take two because muscles make my foot spin backwards. Hurts like hell."

Mouse1501 November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS most of my life and have been on and tried many things. The first few days on this med seemed to work...until it didn't and my legs got much worse. My legs are extremely bad to the point I don't sleep for weeks. I cry at night it's that bad."

Vanih November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking roprinirole for about 3 months, they have helped me greatly at night, but do not help at all during the day and my symptoms are occurring earlier and earlier."

Seasidegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Don’t take this for RLS. It causes augmentation. Symptoms get better in the beginning, then eventually you need more Requip to make RLS go away. Eventually, the meds stop working altogether and RLS is out of control, worse than before you stated meds. You try to come off the meds and RLS gets even worse. This is very common and occurs in 70-80% of everyone on Requip. Your doctor will likely not understand and/or think you’re crazy. Find another doctor. The solution is to get off the dopamine drugs like Requip. Get on a different class of meds, like Gabapentin, Horizant, or Lyrica. Checkout RLS.org for help."

Keke66747434 October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I took Requip 4mg one time and it was terrible! Within 30 minutes I was very nauseated. By 3am I was throwing up. I felt so fatigued all day. I felt like I did when I would go out and tie one on (been out drinking) . I won't take this medication again."

Anonymous October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "This medication made me very, very ill. Nausea to the point of vomiting -- within a half hour of taking it -- completely congested sinus, watery eyes, extreme sleepiness (had to nap for three hours), and an overall horrible flu-like malaise. It did stop my RLS; however, the side effects are not worth the horrendous illness I feel. I was to take 2mg, 3X a day, when needed. Tried this therapy for a month or more. Cannot tolerate the illness. Going back to clonazepam, as needed. No side effects, except a little fatigue, but better that than this miserable, sickening feeling."

Ecamp October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Oh my goodness how greatful am I for this medicine. I started off with 0.25mg yeh it helped but took over an hour to work and now on 0.5 day time and 1mg at night "

Tina79 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Love it! Hope it never stops working"

Sunnydaize October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have suffered from RLS for about 10 years, and taking Requip . About a year ago it started being ineffective. My Dr doubled the dose to 4mg, I now have developed a compulsion to gambling. Yes it is a known side effect! Can't believe a drug can change your natural way of thinking but it does. Talked to Dr today and I have to slowly wean off of it. Now I have to take every other day for 2 weeks then will try a different drug. I guess you really need to read the side effects and then consider them. Now I just hope I can sleep the night I won't be taking it."

315beverly12 September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for a good 15 yrs. I have taken about everything there is for it and one thing I have found is no one thing works for everyone. Ropinirole has worked the best but even that I will have a night now and then when they get real bad. The side effects of ropinirole is tiredness. I call it tired but it is really total fatigue. I can usually keep going for a time when I am tired but with fatigue you have to give up and lay down. I don't go to sleep usually as I am not sleepy but have to lay down. I sleep pretty good at night but wake up in the morning feeling like I hadn't rested at all. There is no describing RLS unless you have it real bad and thank God most that I talk to don't."

pepsimom62 August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for about 25 years. I started out with miripex, 4 mg. Then it quit working. So I began requip. I started out with 2 mg. now I take 1 mg in the am, 1 mg in the afternoon and 2 mg at night. I have 1 more mg available if I need it. But it works. The only problem I have is when I forget to take my afternoon dose. It has made my life much better!"

Mema5 August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking ropinirole in varying amounts for 6 years. It works great but.... I suddenly have gained weight 40lbs in 4 weeks time and didn't notice it til I could no longer breathe easily. I have to cut back now and suffer with severe RLS because the medication makes me swell really bad. Other than the swelling it has worked well for the RLS."

KAT70 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "For RLS seems to work great. However, concerned about possible side effects i.e... tongue constantly swabs inside of my mouth, mole growth around my neck and most of all, tea total lack of energy. Are these caused by the drug? I don't know but it is a concern."

Jus lil ole me July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking repinerole for only a week but I was having restless legs 3 to 4 times a week and nothing since taking it and no side affects that I am aware of so I love it so far!"

Sunnydaize July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ReQuip Follow on Pack (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have used this drug for 2-3 yrs, at 2mg. Not so effective right now, having to attend G.P. to see if drug can be increased"

Murf. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking the drug for a decade and have found it excellent in relieving and keeping symptoms at bay. I have to take it twice a day as if I am inactive during the afternoon I can have an attack of restless nights in leg syndrome. I have found it helps me keep and active and full life."

Camrynnz June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works better than mirapex"

Elf64 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I developed restless leg syndrome at 40 although had a bit of it when I was younger I am now up to 3 mg twice a day no help no relief any longer and like the first person posted I became addicted to gambling and it change my personality completely. And now I'm at a loss of what to do"

Weetoo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Stay away from this drug. It works to control RLS but has turned me into a compulsive gambler. One of the listed side effects is compulsions.. gambling in particular, If you think RLS is hard to beat, try beating a gambling addiction. Do not take this drug, it has ruined my life!"

Anonymous May 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I took a dose of two 0.25mg tablets. I experienced BP of an average of about 100/53. My muscles from my neck down my back ached so bad I couldn't stand up straight. I was so fatigued I could have gone to sleep standing up. I was disoriented and out of breath. All of this lasted about 1 week."

Cocoooo (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've RLS for about 5 years. I was on Nupro for about a year and it worked well until the last month, then it was like it made it worse. I've been on Requip for almost 2 years and have had to up my dose a couple of times. I now take Requip ER in the morning around 11:00am, and take a 2mg pill at 8:00 pm and sleep through most nights."

Visaliaflash (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "great for sleeping but my legs hurt during the day"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS my whole life. Finally got diagnosed 11 years ago and started on requip. Knocks me out every night after it kicks in. I have to take with food so I won't get a upset stomach."

Anonymous May 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Part 2 May be something or nothing. I have RLS. when I was in my early teens myself and friends use to pitch a tent on the field in front of our house's during the summer. There was a rival group of kids too, they pitched tents else were. We used to play daft games. I can remember if we left the tent in the middle of the night with no shoes on,walked around on hard footpaths, roads etc. I always got RLS on getting back into the tent. This was my first memory of RLS. it never happened at any other time growing up. Maybe a clue as to why it happens. It started again at the age of 35ish. pass this on to other health pro's or think back for a trigger we may find out why and how this happens.k.midd 2017.."

Newcastle UK (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS since kindergarden where teachers would tell me to "please sit still for 5 minutes!!!". I grew up not sleeping a lot but it became extremely bad when I went to study at my university. I had a period of a bit more than 2 year where I slept roughly 1.5 to 2 hours a night. I was a zombie and I have almost no recollection of that time period. I also would have violent "spasms" during sleep (to the point that I even punched a hole in the wall above my bed). I now know that I suffered from PMDS and RLS. The doctor first started me on 1 mg but I quickly increased to 4 mg. This helped for a few months. now I am using ropinirole 2 mg retard. This works most of the time but some night I get an "attack" and don't sleep. Word count limit.."

Akisame (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2017