User Reviews for Ropinirole

Also known as: Repreve, Requip, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip XL

Learn more about Ropinirole.

Restless Legs Syndrome 187 reviews 14 medications

6.8
Parkinson's Disease 9 reviews 50 medications

5.8
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 13 reviews 11 medications

Summary of Ropinirole reviews 209 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Ropinirole

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Don’t take this for RLS. It causes augmentation. Symptoms get better in the beginning, then eventually you need more Requip to make RLS go away. Eventually, the meds stop working altogether and RLS is out of control, worse than before you stated meds. You try to come off the meds and RLS gets even worse. This is very common and occurs in 70-80% of everyone on Requip. Your doctor will likely not understand and/or think you’re crazy. Find another doctor. The solution is to get off the dopamine drugs like Requip. Get on a different class of meds, like Gabapentin, Horizant, or Lyrica. Checkout RLS.org for help."

Keke66747434 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Oh my goodness how greatful am I for this medicine. I started off with 0.25mg yeh it helped but took over an hour to work and now on 0.5 day time and 1mg at night "

Tina79 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Love it! Hope it never stops working"

Sunnydaize October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have suffered from RLS for about 10 years, and taking Requip . About a year ago it started being ineffective. My Dr doubled the dose to 4mg, I now have developed a compulsion to gambling. Yes it is a known side effect! Can't believe a drug can change your natural way of thinking but it does. Talked to Dr today and I have to slowly wean off of it. Now I have to take every other day for 2 weeks then will try a different drug. I guess you really need to read the side effects and then consider them. Now I just hope I can sleep the night I won't be taking it."

315beverly12 September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for a good 15 yrs. I have taken about everything there is for it and one thing I have found is no one thing works for everyone. Ropinirole has worked the best but even that I will have a night now and then when they get real bad. The side effects of ropinirole is tiredness. I call it tired but it is really total fatigue. I can usually keep going for a time when I am tired but with fatigue you have to give up and lay down. I don't go to sleep usually as I am not sleepy but have to lay down. I sleep pretty good at night but wake up in the morning feeling like I hadn't rested at all. There is no describing RLS unless you have it real bad and thank God most that I talk to don't."

pepsimom62 August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had RLS for about 25 years. I started out with miripex, 4 mg. Then it quit working. So I began requip. I started out with 2 mg. now I take 1 mg in the am, 1 mg in the afternoon and 2 mg at night. I have 1 more mg available if I need it. But it works. The only problem I have is when I forget to take my afternoon dose. It has made my life much better!"

Mema5 August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking ropinirole in varying amounts for 6 years. It works great but.... I suddenly have gained weight 40lbs in 4 weeks time and didn't notice it til I could no longer breathe easily. I have to cut back now and suffer with severe RLS because the medication makes me swell really bad. Other than the swelling it has worked well for the RLS."

KAT70 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "For RLS seems to work great. However, concerned about possible side effects i.e... tongue constantly swabs inside of my mouth, mole growth around my neck and most of all, tea total lack of energy. Are these caused by the drug? I don't know but it is a concern."

Jus lil ole me July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking repinerole for only a week but I was having restless legs 3 to 4 times a week and nothing since taking it and no side affects that I am aware of so I love it so far!"

Sunnydaize July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ReQuip Follow on Pack (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Have used this drug for 2-3 yrs, at 2mg. Not so effective right now, having to attend G.P. to see if drug can be increased"

Murf. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have been taking the drug for a decade and have found it excellent in relieving and keeping symptoms at bay. I have to take it twice a day as if I am inactive during the afternoon I can have an attack of restless nights in leg syndrome. I have found it helps me keep and active and full life."

Camrynnz June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "Works better than mirapex"

Elf64 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I developed restless leg syndrome at 40 although had a bit of it when I was younger I am now up to 3 mg twice a day no help no relief any longer and like the first person posted I became addicted to gambling and it change my personality completely. And now I'm at a loss of what to do"

Weetoo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Stay away from this drug. It works to control RLS but has turned me into a compulsive gambler. One of the listed side effects is compulsions.. gambling in particular, If you think RLS is hard to beat, try beating a gambling addiction. Do not take this drug, it has ruined my life!"

Anonymous May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I took a dose of two 0.25mg tablets. I experienced BP of an average of about 100/53. My muscles from my neck down my back ached so bad I couldn't stand up straight. I was so fatigued I could have gone to sleep standing up. I was disoriented and out of breath. All of this lasted about 1 week."

Cocoooo (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've RLS for about 5 years. I was on Nupro for about a year and it worked well until the last month, then it was like it made it worse. I've been on Requip for almost 2 years and have had to up my dose a couple of times. I now take Requip ER in the morning around 11:00am, and take a 2mg pill at 8:00 pm and sleep through most nights."

Visaliaflash (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "great for sleeping but my legs hurt during the day"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS my whole life. Finally got diagnosed 11 years ago and started on requip. Knocks me out every night after it kicks in. I have to take with food so I won't get a upset stomach."

Anonymous May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Part 2 May be something or nothing. I have RLS. when I was in my early teens myself and friends use to pitch a tent on the field in front of our house's during the summer. There was a rival group of kids too, they pitched tents else were. We used to play daft games. I can remember if we left the tent in the middle of the night with no shoes on,walked around on hard footpaths, roads etc. I always got RLS on getting back into the tent. This was my first memory of RLS. it never happened at any other time growing up. Maybe a clue as to why it happens. It started again at the age of 35ish. pass this on to other health pro's or think back for a trigger we may find out why and how this happens.k.midd 2017.."

Newcastle UK (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've had RLS since kindergarden where teachers would tell me to "please sit still for 5 minutes!!!". I grew up not sleeping a lot but it became extremely bad when I went to study at my university. I had a period of a bit more than 2 year where I slept roughly 1.5 to 2 hours a night. I was a zombie and I have almost no recollection of that time period. I also would have violent "spasms" during sleep (to the point that I even punched a hole in the wall above my bed). I now know that I suffered from PMDS and RLS. The doctor first started me on 1 mg but I quickly increased to 4 mg. This helped for a few months. now I am using ropinirole 2 mg retard. This works most of the time but some night I get an "attack" and don't sleep. Word count limit.."

Akisame (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I'm taken this medication and I started on 2 mg and kept waking up every hour, next night was 3 mg and still kept waking up every hour, now its three days and I've upped it to 4mg hope tonight works, wish me luck..."

Anthony s burr (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Prescribed ropinirole by hospital doctor for RLS that began while in hospital for subdermal hematoma due to a fall. RLS does not always last a lifetime. Anyhow, Dr prescribed to me upon leaving hospital. I started to take as prescribed but it made me feel ill and awkward so I stopped. My OT then asked why I wasn't taking it and advised me to 'take as doctor ordered' despite bad experience. So, I started back on it. By 3 weeks, it was slowing my movements to snail pace! Took me 30 minutes to walk 30 feet, it was horrible! My family came to realize the reason for my near paralysis was this new drug. We are ready to sue and hope it doesn't cause permanent walking difficulty! I walked out of the hospital just fine, now this?! USE CAUTION folks"

bethany101 (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I used for years no longer helping I'm 55 now and never had so bad. See Dr next week.... RLS is worse then back pain I have 2 Rod's in my back"

Bcc61 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was told to take this medication around 5:00 PM. After taking this medicine for a week, I decided that I couldn't take it anymore. It kept me awake and still had restless legs. When I did sleep a little, I had bad dreams and I had repetitive thoughts all throughout the night. It was weird. I cut out caffeine and tried walking more and decided to try it again for a week but no change. I just couldn't take it."

NF (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I was just prescribed this medication to use at night for restless leg syndrome, plus I have many back problems which cause my legs to hurt and I have a hard time keeping my legs still due to all the discomfort. I also have a really hard time with insomnia, so my doctor thought that it may also help with that also. Tonight will be my first night taking a 1 mg. tablet. I am so hoping that it helps with the RLS and the insomnia. They told me it could take up to 7-10 days to get the full effects from it. Hoping this works!!!"

K-bo March 16, 2017