User Reviews for Pramipexole to treat Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Also known as: Mirapex, Mirapex ER

Pramipexole has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Pramipexole Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.

Kelly December 29, 2019

Mirapex (pramipexole): “IF YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER, SUBSTANCE OR GAMBLING/SHOPPING ADDICTION, OR ADHD, **ESPECIALLY** IF YOU ARE MEDICATED, GET A SECOND OPINION WHEN YOU ARE PRESCRIBED THIS MEDICATION. Not only did this do nothing for my sleep, I began compulsive eating and reckless spending behaviours that I had mostly resolved through several years of hard work and therapy. The medication also made me narcoleptic, unable to feel my limbs or where my body was in space, and unable to focus. I gained TWENTY POUNDS in five weeks, and my TDEE is about 3,000 calories a day, so that is a LOT of food. It triggered a relapse into bulimia nervosa. This medication made me utterly miserable and the effects on my body and mind were horrendous; I am in a career path that relies on being physically conscious and having a certain body type. My doctor made a huge mistake in prescribing this to me and I was incredibly lucky that my psychiatrist knew that it was wrong for me and was able to help me get off of it.”

John · Taken for 10 years or more June 18, 2018

Mirapex (pramipexole): “I have had RLS for approximately 20 years. I have been taking Mirapex but only in the evenings before I went to bed. Part of what I attributed to RLS was in fact PLMD. During a sleep study for sleep apnea I kicked an average of 96 times an hour. My RLS remained under control by taking it in the evenings but my PLMD has gotten much worse to the point that I cannot even close my eyes and rest during the day without my legs kicking. I now have to take Mirapex at mid day , again in the late afternoon and then before bedtime. Without it I would be a crazy person.”

Franky 65 December 29, 2012

Mirapex (pramipexole): “I had terrible side effects on this medicine. I was over active and couldn't stop making things, knitting, etc. all through the night . I couldn't sleep and my balance was off. I fell in the shower and hurt my neck. This was a terrible time for me.”

Margorie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2016

Mirapex (pramipexole): “My husband had PLMD and Restless Legs for decades and it continued to get worse. He was given Mirapex and the first night it was if a miracle had happened. It completely stopped all the crazy movements that we both had endured. Life changing.”

KayInPA · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 11, 2014

Mirapex (pramipexole): “I have been taking Mirapex for a number of years, and it has worked best for me. I take 1 tab during day, 2 in early evenings. I had taken a high does of gabapentin/Neutontin, but some suppliers have a huge pill that was just too difficult for me to take.”

Speb · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2018

“This has turned my nights around. At last after years of troubled sleep I now get at least 6 hours and sometimes 7 or 8. I started on 1 tablet (lowest dose) about 3 hours prior to going to bed. I reduced to half a tablet due to dizzy spells in the day (was initially coming off them due to the dizziness but found that the half dose relieved the spasms/symptoms without getting dizzy) for a few months but am now on the lowest dose of 1 tablet a day.”

Catknelson · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 2, 2012

Mirapex (pramipexole): “It worked.”

Robbie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2019

“Game changer! PC doctor kept treating me for restless legs and sleep apnea but in reality I had PLMD. This drug has given me new life”