User Reviews for Wakix

Narcolepsy
6.1

Reviews for Wakix

May · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 9, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “This medicine changed my life. I couldn't drive, nor stay awake. Now thanks to this medicine I can function everyday. It seems to work without loosing its effectiveness. I am just so thankful that someone finally came out with a stimulate medication what make me feel normal without feeling overactive, and causes and increase in heart rate or my blood pressure. I'm also thankful that it is not I the category of controlled medicines, it makes me feel like I'm take a normal medicine. Thank you for helping those of us with narcolepsy and, I also have cataplexy. Wakix helps with that too. I can laugh really hard without falling over on over excite, even when it good news. I tried everything, this is the only medicine that works for you me to control my sleep wake cycle. I can now go to bed anytime I want to, and wake up too.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 30, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I was on a trial with this medication for Narcolepsy with Cataplexy. I have been on the trial for over a year and the trial is up. I was very dedicated to taking the medication, and it was working very well. I just found out that the trial is over and my insurance is not going to pay for the medication. It is thousands of dollars a month to continue. Not sure why they would even start you on it, if this was going to be the final outcome. Back to square 1!!”

OUComanche · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 16, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I was stunned my insurance approved this Wakix as this medication cost about $135k per year. I'm just now finishing my first month and it's totally changing my life. I'm now beginning to be able to both drive and work again thanks to Wakix. I could never express the amount of joy this is giving be in an online review. it's a shame that the US healthcare system is so corrupt because this medicine could change a lot of people's lives for the better. To me so far this medicine is an answer to my prayers of retaining control of my life. It's just a travesty that in the US, it cost so much where as in Europe you can get it for literally a 1/10 of the cost we Americans have to pay..."yay capitalism..."”

Sleepydad · Taken for less than 1 month · October 21, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I was excited to learn that there would be a new medication to treat the excessive daytime sleepiness I feel as a result of my narcolepsy. I mentioned Wakix to my doctor and he said he would look into it as he had not any experience with it. He called me to say that if I needed the maximum prescribed dose, it would cost over $135,000 a year! For a pill that is taken once a day! I knew it was approved in Europe so checked to see how much it cost there. Looks to be closer to $5,000 a year. So frustrated!!!”

Suddenly sleepy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 14, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “Been on Wakix for about 6 months along with my adderall. At first it was great. I was able to be alert much faster and even able to sleep at night. Over time I began having the pins & needle sensations all over my body at night which prevented me from sleeping. By the 3rd & 4th month I started with the muscle weakness. I was falling down everyday and most days several times a day. I had no strength in my legs in order to get myself back up off the ground without assistance. Then month 5 I started with the nausea and couldn't keep food down. Month 6 I decided to stop taking wakix and haven't fallen since. Only been off it for about a week but the muscle weakness continues to get worse. Can't even stand on my own two legs or walk with a walker. Now I do have multiple medical issues that I think play a part in the severity of the muscle weakness.”

Still sleepy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 12, 2021

For Narcolepsy: “Wakix reduced brain fog for me. It hasn't caused any notable side effects. It may be somewhat wake-promoting, however it isn't enough for me. I am completely exhausted. I would continue on it for the decreased brain fog but I don't know that it's worth the price tag.”

Always Sleepy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 1, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I tried Pitolisant for six months. As I attempted to "dose up" I experienced nausea and frequent awakening all night long. At the lower dose it was ineffective so I went back to my old standby which is Dexedrine.”

Sergio · August 2, 2021

For Narcolepsy: “This medicine is a life changing! i have to adjust the dosage to pill and half. after a month of pill and half I never feel sleepy and overwhelming, it gives me clarity and not shakings or tremors like the stimulants. I finally feel like there is a hope for all narcoleptic patients and I thanks so much to the person invented. I am annoyed that the FDA took so long to approved it. Any way from all the meds this is the best I have ever try and we not will die from heath failure because is not stimulant. Thank you so much Wakix for changing my life and get me back to school. Now I feel more motivate to do anything and I do not have any withdrawals from this medication.”

allpuffedup · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 16, 2021

For Narcolepsy: “Side effects started immediately, which were increased heart rate, severe insomnia, daily panic attacks, and suicidal ideation. Stayed on them for 2.5 months because I am so tired I can barely function, and they do not work at all. Absolutely no change in my daytime sleepiness.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month · February 17, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “Just started Wakix. Very expensive and does not take insurance HOWEVER I was APPROVED for it by my insurance company and they also have payment help through Panther (the company) you’d have to speak to your doctor about. Have not seen any difference yet, but it’s just my first week and does take 8 weeks to notice any differences. Very hopeful! If it helps me I will be sure to update!”

Kim R. · June 15, 2022

For Narcolepsy: “Wakix helps me stay focused and alert. I definitely noticed a difference a few weeks after starting it. I have developed lupus-like symptoms and pins and needles through my extremities though. Extreme sensitivity to the sun and UV rays. Not sure if it's Wakix or not. No one can tell me.”

napqueen967 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 23, 2021

For Narcolepsy: “Tried numerous different medications for my recently diagnosed narcolepsy including provigil, nuvigil, sunosi, vyvanse, adderall ER, methylphenidate, and now Wakix. Maxed out on the doses for provigil, nuvigil, sunosi, and vyvanse and still wasn't enough to get me through the day. Tried vyvanse and adderall combo, made me sick. Did vyvanse and methylphenidate combo, made me sick. Then started Wakix about 4 weeks ago and not sure if it's doing anything for me yet. Did Wakix with Vyvanse, still fell asleep driving home. Now I take Wakix and adderall ER in the morning and since doing so (only started three days ago with this combo) I feel a lot better but I believe it is mostly due to the adderall. Only thing noticeably different since starting Wakix is that I wake up in the middle of the night and have difficulty falling back to sleep which used to be rare for me. In fact it is 2:30am and I'm typing this because I can't go back to sleep. As far as copay, I only pay $15.”

Lilmermaid · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 24, 2021

For Narcolepsy: “I was on this medication on two separate occasions. First time I was on it for two months 17ish mg. I stopped taking it because i was having the worst sleep at night for about a month. I was waking up every 2-3 hours no matter what I did, even after taking sleeping medication. My dr believed it was because I was taking too high of a dose. Now I’m on 8mg and having this issue. I’ve been on it now for a month and haven’t slept more than a few hours in 2 weeks. It’s making my narcolepsy worse because I CANT SLEEP. I can sleep, but I can’t STAY asleep. It’s driving me insane.. I’ve tried every over the counter sleeping aid and nothing helps. I don’t recommend this medication. However, everyone’s body reacts differently so maybe it’ll work for you”