User Reviews for Elidel

7.2

Perioral Dermatitis

Summary of Elidel reviews 7.2 40 reviews

Reviews for Elidel

For Atopic Dermatitis "Didn’t work. Ended up with severe side effect i.e fever, headache , muscle stiffness, nasal congestion, numbness in hands and legs, heart burning etc."

Kashif (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis "I had seborrhoic dermatitis constantly for a number of years, however coming across Elidel cream we have been able to counteract the effects by using an autoimmune cream which’s will rectify the effects of dry/rashly skin."

Anonymous May 19, 2018

For Eczema "Cleared up my toddlers eczema on his around his eye after steroids failed. Occasionally when it can comes back I use elidel at first sign and within two days it's healed. Works for us!"

Kec (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis "My 11 year old daughter swims 6 times a week. She’s a state swimmer and everyone told us that it was the chlorine that caused the facial dermatitis but she’s been swimming since she was 2. Maybe hormone change could have been a trigger but it started around her nose, spread to both sides of her chin and then to her eyebrows. Red spots, weeping, itching, crusting. Tried cortisone 1% and many natural creams but no steroids as I read such bad reviews of suppressing the issue and it reappearing worse than ever. A pharmacist suggested Elidel and we asked the doctor immediately. Within 5 days (whilst swimming) the redness has gone and for the first time in 6mths, her skin looks normal again. I’m so impressed! It was subsidised in Oz (Australia) and we paid $40 for a small tube. Worth every cent! I just hope it controls this condition. Time will tell as I don’t want it to be a long term solution."

Rach (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Eczema "Eczema cleared up with in 2 weeks."

oupsie (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Eczema "After discovering the cost of the medication, I asked my physician if I could get a sample before buying it. The pharmaceutical company would not send samples. That should have been an indication that it might not be effective. I finally purchased the prescription of 30 g for $250. I have not found the product to be very effective. It makes the area applied to very dry which leads to the skin cracking. Vaseline works as well as the Elidel at a fraction of the cost."

Teresa6908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis "I was prescribed this cream by a consultant dermatologist, I used on my eyebrows on and off for some 5-6months recently my glands on one side of my neck have swollen, I don't have a cold or flu or any other symptoms of any viral infection, apart from a reddening of my throat, GP prescribed some antibiotics which don't seem to of done much, I still have a sharp pain when I breathe in quickly through my nose or lie on that side of my neck in bed I haven't used this since and don't intend using again nor do I trust the pharma industry"

Tommy4567 November 19, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis "I suffer with severe atopic dermatitis. I went to several dermatologist before they could figure out my condition. I tried several creams and ointments but they all burned and made the skin red and swollen. Then it would all flake away n become inflammed again. In 5 days of using elidel my skin is clearer than it's been in months! It doesn't burn going on the skin (I keep it in the fridge) n it feels smooth going on. Definitely apply a moisturizer after application. Elidel has been a God send!! I hope it works for everyone else. Elidel is very expensive."

Dayraf09 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis "Elidel, used in conjunction with applying nizoral shampoo on my face for 7 mins every day (as directed by dermatologist - apply twice a week after 7 days), has almost completely cleared the dermatitis on my face & neck within a week. I now look normal and feel like I might finally have my life back again after years of struggling with steroid creams that eventually stopped working & more recently being off work & not leaving the house due to looking like a leper! No burning or stinging for me. Long may this phase continue"

Florali (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis "Physician was wary of keeping me on steroids on the face since the dermatitis and eczema was still coming back. She gave me Elidel and it worked really well, things cleared up within a few days. Initial side effects were application burning and itching, but skin got used to it and I don't get that anymore. I kept on it for several weeks and the dermatitis didn't return by itself. I still use it for any missed spots of eczema or dermatitis that flares up. It's safe to use on top of my Avar LS wash, so now lots of my dermatitis and eczema is under control with this combo. A personal positive side effect is that it inhibited hair growth on my upper lip where I used it."

Yura1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2017

For Eczema "This did not work at all"

B.Z (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2017

For Eczema "My daughter just turned two and has failed every conventional method of treating her eczema. We have seen multiple specialists and after much consideration ( due to the warnings and side effects) we decided to try Elidel. After 3 days she was almost clear. By one week she was free of eczema, severe itching ( which is by far the worst symptom) and redness/ dry skin. We stopped the medication as directed and within one day she was in a FULL flare. We thought perhaps we did not use it long enough? We tried it again daily for another week and here we are again back in a full flare after daily use for two weeks! So discouraging! Has anyone exp. this???"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

For Eczema "At first I thought this stuff worked great for my eczema but then I woke up to around 40 zits under my arm... (which is where I applied it to my eczema).. so disappointed... it hurts and my rash looked better than these nasty zits everywhere... now it hurts to wear a bra.."

Siiny (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

For Eczema "I've suffered from facial eczema for many years now. Within 2 days of starting Elidel I began to see clearing. After 1 week my skin looks healthy again. Works Great and Stops the Itch!"

ItchyItchyScratchyScratchy June 17, 2017

For Eczema "A suggestion from my dermatologist when he prescribed this to me. Keep it refrigerator - he said he cuts down on the burning sensation when you first apply it. I did this and so far no problem with burning and the medicine does seem to clear up the flaking and peeling on my eyelids and around eyes."

dawna jo June 16, 2017

For Eczema "I have developed eczema around my eyes for the last two years. Elidel burns my skin, makes my eyes water, and makes my nose run. In other words, it makes it worse for me."

L.E.R. April 27, 2017

For Eczema "I've been so interested to find out what others think about Elidel. I've been suffering with eczema all my life. I was recently given Elidel to try but I literally want to rip my skin off after I apply it. It makes my face so hot and painful! Such a pity because I know it's suppose to be great! Anyone else feel this?"

LaraDippenaar March 23, 2017

For Eczema "After battling facial eczema for over five years, which of course makes one agoraphophic and unwilling to go out to a supermarket, let alone a pub or a nightclub, and with no respite from two different dermatologists in Brussels, I tried Elidel after my Mum sent me a newspaper cutting about a British model who was suffering from eczema and had tried it with successful results. Overnight (!) the redness went away. It hasn't gotten rid of the eczema completely and I still have to use it when I feel a flare-up coming. Elidel changed my life: my facial skin is a "regular" color now (maybe just fractionally too red but only fractionally and nobody would ever comment on it) and I once again go out to pubs and nightclubs in Belgium. 5/5 stars."

alanma November 30, 2016

For Eczema "Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016

For Perioral Dermatitis "I have a lot of skincare allergies that manifest as perioral dermatitis. For years it cleared up after stopping use of what was triggering it. Two years ago it became chronic and not a day went by that I didn't have at least one or two of those annoying bumps, but often more like 10-20 and persistent redness. After being misdiagnosed as folliculitis and rosacea, I found a derm that got it right and was prescribed Elidel because I had already tried and had no success with all of the typical treatments. Elidel was able to completely clear up the rash in less than a week and has continued to keep me clear for weeks now. I did experience a mild warming feeling that went away after a few applications. So happy to finally have some relief."

LCRN17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

For Eczema "Elidel is the best! The only product that finally worked in my case. I am using it since 2007 and love it!"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

For Perioral Dermatitis "Prescribed to me for Seborrheic Dermatitis on my nose, eyebrows and eyelids. Elidel made the inflammation worse for me and migrated into my eyes causing a lot of itchiness, irritation and pain. Cost with discount card given to me by my doctor was $100 for a 60mg tube."

Steve Austin July 1, 2016

For Atopic Dermatitis "Unfortunately I am a large breasted woman, breast fed three sons so its no wonder under my breasts became sensitive when I reached my 40s. My primary doctor gave me creams and eventually steroid cream, which also thinned my skin as well (I see others had the same issue) dermatologist gave me Zeasorb powder which strangely enough is sold for athletes foot and then the Elides cream which was 30 bucks for a small tube! However after using it for a week rash is completely gone for the first time in over three years. Next time Ill go right to the dermatologist for skin issues. I had no side effects."

cathysj June 12, 2016

For Atopic Dermatitis "Dermatologist prescribed Elidel for facial itching, burning, redness plus swelling, dryness, cold sore, especially serious scaling around mouth & on lips. I have had all kinds of skin cancer on face, legs & chest, plus a melanoma on thigh. When I read the side effects on your site & others, I chose not to use Elidel. It was too risky for me. I am an 81-yr-young female. Due to the extreme burning of most of my face, I rubbed it with ICE CUBES which gave me awesome relief, enabled me to sleep without itching & scratching. Outbreak cleared up within 2 weeks."

High Priestess March 3, 2016

For Atopic Dermatitis "My daughter has been suffering from severe dermatitis for several years. Our doctor recommended Elidel and surprisingly her dermatitis cleared in 2 days."

Rosy11 February 6, 2016