User Reviews for Elidel

Learn more about Elidel.

Elidel Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Elidel to treat Eczema

"This did not work at all"

B.Z (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My daughter just turned two and has failed every conventional method of treating her eczema. We have seen multiple specialists and after much consideration ( due to the warnings and side effects) we decided to try Elidel. After 3 days she was almost clear. By one week she was free of eczema, severe itching ( which is by far the worst symptom) and redness/ dry skin. We stopped the medication as directed and within one day she was in a FULL flare. We thought perhaps we did not use it long enough? We tried it again daily for another week and here we are again back in a full flare after daily use for two weeks! So discouraging! Has anyone exp. this???"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first I thought this stuff worked great for my eczema but then I woke up to around 40 zits under my arm... (which is where I applied it to my eczema).. so disappointed... it hurts and my rash looked better than these nasty zits everywhere... now it hurts to wear a bra.."

Siiny (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've suffered from facial eczema for many years now. Within 2 days of starting Elidel I began to see clearing. After 1 week my skin looks healthy again. Works Great and Stops the Itch!"

ItchyItchyScratchyScratchy June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A suggestion from my dermatologist when he prescribed this to me. Keep it refrigerator - he said he cuts down on the burning sensation when you first apply it. I did this and so far no problem with burning and the medicine does seem to clear up the flaking and peeling on my eyelids and around eyes."

dawna jo June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have developed eczema around my eyes for the last two years. Elidel burns my skin, makes my eyes water, and makes my nose run. In other words, it makes it worse for me."

L.E.R. April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been so interested to find out what others think about Elidel. I've been suffering with eczema all my life. I was recently given Elidel to try but I literally want to rip my skin off after I apply it. It makes my face so hot and painful! Such a pity because I know it's suppose to be great! Anyone else feel this?"

LaraDippenaar March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After battling facial eczema for over five years, which of course makes one agoraphophic and unwilling to go out to a supermarket, let alone a pub or a nightclub, and with no respite from two different dermatologists in Brussels, I tried Elidel after my Mum sent me a newspaper cutting about a British model who was suffering from eczema and had tried it with successful results. Overnight (!) the redness went away. It hasn't gotten rid of the eczema completely and I still have to use it when I feel a flare-up coming. Elidel changed my life: my facial skin is a "regular" color now (maybe just fractionally too red but only fractionally and nobody would ever comment on it) and I once again go out to pubs and nightclubs in Belgium. 5/5 stars."

alanma November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Elidel is the best! The only product that finally worked in my case. I am using it since 2007 and love it!"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This cream changed my 7 year old daughters life. She is now 17 and no longer has severe eczema. Because of this cream she was able to finally sleep through the night with out waking to scratch.She no longer got the white skin patches that hydrocortisone cream gave her.The change was dramatic and life changing. We live in NZ"

JuanaNZ October 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started using Elidel about a month ago after being diagnosed with Eczema on my face, arms and shoulders, and after topical cortico-steroid creams failed to work. Elidel cleared up my skin very nicely. This summer has been very hot and humid where I live, so my skin has had quite a few breakouts. As long as I used the Elidel at least twice a day, my Eczema remains under control. The only side effect I have noticed is a warming sensation on my face, but I can live with that. Elidel, is by far the best product I have used and thankfully I have a drug plan where I work, because it is expensive."

Dante_Robinson September 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had severe eczema on my face, forehead and my cheeks and eyebrows all my life. It was so scaly, flaky and itchy on a daily basis that due to my constant scratching, I had no eyebrows left as they had fallen out due to the constant scratching and the skin was so damaged that new eyebrows couldn't grow. And my face was always red like I had severe sunburn. I started using using Elidel just over 10 years ago. And after just a few weeks of using Elidel my face actually started to heal. My skin totally changed its texture, tone and colour back to what it should have been originally. There was no more itching or the need and desire to scratch. It has totally eradicated the eczema and has been absolutely life changing."

JaiC March 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used Elidel for 10 years. In days flare ups would clear up . Side effects skin would feel hot. After 10 years my body build up a tolerance and doesn't really work anymore."

andrea c. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used for eyelid eczema twice daily for 8 years. "

Guest1101 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've suffered from eczema since childhood and Elidel completely eradicated the severe eczema lesions behind my knees. While I still have a few spots that pop up during the winter, Elidel keeps it controlled. Very effective cream, just very pricey."

Anonymous November 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My sister had eczema and when she used it everything went. Simple! "

Noel Prada (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have found that this medicine does clear up my eczema temporarily. However, I find that I have a lot of burning sensations around my face- specifically my eyes feel very very warm when I'm using it."

Anonymous January 21, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Elidel for about two and a half years. I use it on my face because apparently it does not thin out the skin the way steroid ointments do. Elidel works great on my eyelids as long as I apply it twice a day. It works fairly well on my cheeks and forehead. I have not experienced any side effects while using Elidel."

Anonymous August 10, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have used this product and it did not work for me. My condition was later in life (24 years of age). I hope this helps."

Anonymous November 29, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 63 year old male who has been experiencing eczema on the face for close to a year now. I was prescribed Elidel and use it at least twice a day to keep the eczema in check. It doesn't go away completely, but does calm it down."

Anonymous August 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Seems to be clearing up the skin pretty fast so far, but it does burn. Anyway, I can deal with that, as long as it clears up the skin."

Anonymous March 27, 2009