User Reviews for Elidel to treat Perioral Dermatitis

Elidel has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Perioral Dermatitis. 70% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Elidel Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Perioral Dermatitis.

Reviews for Elidel

Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2020

“After suffering from red, dry skin on and around my nose, cheeks and forehead for 5 years, I visited my GP. He prescribed a mild steroid which had no effect. Eventually I paid to see a private dermatologist. He prescribed me with a moderate steroid cream to use for a week and Elidel cream for 6 weeks. I am now on the 6th week of Elidel. The steroid cream reduced the redness and got rid of the dryness. Around 5 days after coming off the steroid cream, my skin got dry again despite using the elidel. It was nowhere near as bad as before though. So it appears that the Elidel cream is working to keep the redness away and stop much of the dryness from returning. The only side effects I have from it is slightly stingy eyes after putting it on (I keep it away from my eyes) I will provide an update as to how my skin fares when my course of Elidel finishes.”

AG · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

“This cream worked so well to clear my Perioral Dermatits. I saw my symptoms reduce after 2 days, and in one week my symptoms were almost all gone. I would recommend this cream for anyone who was trying to get rid of their Perioral Dermatits without taking antibiotics.”

Snowflake December 14, 2019

“Had so many issues with dermatitis for months, tried so many different medications and then found this cream Elidel and solved it within a week! As soon as I feel a flare up I use the cream and it prevents it from getting worse, can’t fault!”

25 and sensitive · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2018

“At 25, I’ve been unfortunate enough to suffer from both rosacea, perioral dermatitis, and chronic hives. Elidel is the only medication that has been able to help all three. It does not aggravate my very sensitive and reactive skin either. It works fast. I reach for it as soon as I feel any kind of flare. I was scared at first about using too often because of the black box warning. However, my allergist and derm both confirmed that it’s actually VERY safe. Beware though: Can cause some premature ageing when used on face :/ But besides that, wonderful topical!”

CR · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2021

“I was using Elidel for a little bit more than 6 weeks. It worked perfectly and my POD (Perioral Dermatitis) was gone. So as recommended, I reduced the use of it. At first once a day, then every second day until I wasn't using it anymore. And it did not take so long I've started suffering from a rebound effect. My skin was withdrawing! So if you really want to know how Elidel works, please focus only on the reports of people who stopped using the cream and tell you about their experiences after they stopped using this medication for a while.”

Rach · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2018

“My 11 year old daughter swims 6 times a week. She’s a state swimmer and everyone told us that it was the chlorine that caused the facial dermatitis but she’s been swimming since she was 2. Maybe hormone change could have been a trigger but it started around her nose, spread to both sides of her chin and then to her eyebrows. Red spots, weeping, itching, crusting. Tried cortisone 1% and many natural creams but no steroids as I read such bad reviews of suppressing the issue and it reappearing worse than ever. A pharmacist suggested Elidel and we asked the doctor immediately. Within 5 days (whilst swimming) the redness has gone and for the first time in 6mths, her skin looks normal again. I’m so impressed! It was subsidised in Oz (Australia) and we paid $40 for a small tube. Worth every cent! I just hope it controls this condition. Time will tell as I don’t want it to be a long term solution.”

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2020

“I have used Elidel for 6 months for perioral dermatitis. As soon as I stop, I get red patches with burning bumps. Before that I used Fucidin, but that just made all the symptoms worse. After that Rozex which was drying my skin too much and then used Elidel. At first it seemed to be helping but not anymore. I am on my first week of 30 day antibiotics cure, sill no results, but I guess it's too early to see anyway.”

LCRN17 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2016

“I have a lot of skincare allergies that manifest as perioral dermatitis. For years it cleared up after stopping use of what was triggering it. Two years ago it became chronic and not a day went by that I didn't have at least one or two of those annoying bumps, but often more like 10-20 and persistent redness. After being misdiagnosed as folliculitis and rosacea, I found a derm that got it right and was prescribed Elidel because I had already tried and had no success with all of the typical treatments. Elidel was able to completely clear up the rash in less than a week and has continued to keep me clear for weeks now. I did experience a mild warming feeling that went away after a few applications. So happy to finally have some relief.”

Steve Austin July 1, 2016

“Prescribed to me for Seborrheic Dermatitis on my nose, eyebrows and eyelids. Elidel made the inflammation worse for me and migrated into my eyes causing a lot of itchiness, irritation and pain. Cost with discount card given to me by my doctor was $100 for a 60mg tube.”

bostonmia May 21, 2021

“MAGIC for me.... A few weeks back I noticed a red itchy rash, small raised bumps that would burn with any topical I put on it. It spread around my forehead, chin, jaw, cheeks. The bumps were not clogged pores, more itchy, inflamed, blistery, flesh-colored with redness in the area. I was having an allergic reaction to recently switching to fluoride toothpaste (mask-wearing exacerbated the issue). I stopped using the paste immediately and saw some clearing up occur except for in very stubborn areas that kept flaring. My derm was amazing and diagnosed this as PD and prescribed Elidel. Within 4 days of using this 2 x a day, my symptoms had completely cleared. Stay away from the sun and drinks!! Each person is different, depending on what your situation is, if you know your triggers and have eliminated them, this may be an answer to help clear your skin and returning it to calm fast.”

Vanna November 30, 2020

“Used it for 6 days and it disappeared after a 4 month battle of perioral dermatitis. I’m gonna keep using the cream for another three days to ensure it doesn’t come back. This is the magic cream!”