User Reviews for Elidel to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Elidel has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis. 56% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Elidel Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Reviews for Elidel

fferrari13 · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2021

“I am horrified by this cream, I developed a rash on my face all around my eyes from a paint allergy and the doctor gave me this cream. I used it once lightly and an hour later my entire face was burning and eyes were watering non stop. I woke up the next day and my eyes were all swollen and irritated. Rash symptoms were gone but face was now red and swollen. The day after my eyes were still swollen and I can see a red mark on my face that outlines where I had put the cream. I look worse than when I actually had the rash. I am horrified that this is a genuine normal side effect of this cream. Please be careful, I will never ever touch this stuff again.”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2018

“I have atopic dermatitis and I've had it for my whole life. I was miserable so my doctor prescribed me elidel. It made me worse. It made me peel really bad like huge chunks of skin would fall off of my body. It also dried out my skin. I will never use this again.”

Dayraf09 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2017

“I suffer with severe atopic dermatitis. I went to several dermatologist before they could figure out my condition. I tried several creams and ointments but they all burned and made the skin red and swollen. Then it would all flake away n become inflammed again. In 5 days of using elidel my skin is clearer than it's been in months! It doesn't burn going on the skin (I keep it in the fridge) n it feels smooth going on. Definitely apply a moisturizer after application. Elidel has been a God send!! I hope it works for everyone else. Elidel is very expensive.”

Brunnhilde999 June 13, 2015

“Sudden attacks of agonizing atopic dermatitis that resisted all cortisone creams. My dermatologist prescribed Elidel and it worked! No side effects except my great delight and relief. Now, as another attack has arrived, I paid the outrageous price for a tube, but THAT side effect is small due to its efficacy.”

Florali · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2017

“Elidel, used in conjunction with applying nizoral shampoo on my face for 7 mins every day (as directed by dermatologist - apply twice a week after 7 days), has almost completely cleared the dermatitis on my face & neck within a week. I now look normal and feel like I might finally have my life back again after years of struggling with steroid creams that eventually stopped working & more recently being off work & not leaving the house due to looking like a leper! No burning or stinging for me. Long may this phase continue”

cathysj June 12, 2016

“Unfortunately I am a large breasted woman, breast fed three sons so its no wonder under my breasts became sensitive when I reached my 40s. My primary doctor gave me creams and eventually steroid cream, which also thinned my skin as well (I see others had the same issue) dermatologist gave me Zeasorb powder which strangely enough is sold for athletes foot and then the Elides cream which was 30 bucks for a small tube! However after using it for a week rash is completely gone for the first time in over three years. Next time Ill go right to the dermatologist for skin issues. I had no side effects.”

Tommy4567 November 19, 2017

“I was prescribed this cream by a consultant dermatologist, I used on my eyebrows on and off for some 5-6months recently my glands on one side of my neck have swollen, I don't have a cold or flu or any other symptoms of any viral infection, apart from a reddening of my throat, GP prescribed some antibiotics which don't seem to of done much, I still have a sharp pain when I breathe in quickly through my nose or lie on that side of my neck in bed I haven't used this since and don't intend using again nor do I trust the pharma industry”

SteveO516 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2015

“I was getting persistent breakouts (atopic dermatitis) on my face especially after shaving. I first began using prescription strength hydrocortisone cream and other steroid creams, but after a while they lost their effectiveness and began making my skin worse. And it caused thinning of my skin. I eventually started using Elidel and my skin significantly improved right away. Elidel caused no adverse reactions. I barely need to use Elidel anymore. Elidel was initially not covered by my insurance. However, my dermatologist was able to obtain prior authorization by submitting records showing that steroid creams did not work.”

High Priestess March 3, 2016

“Dermatologist prescribed Elidel for facial itching, burning, redness plus swelling, dryness, cold sore, especially serious scaling around mouth & on lips. I have had all kinds of skin cancer on face, legs & chest, plus a melanoma on thigh. When I read the side effects on your site & others, I chose not to use Elidel. It was too risky for me. I am an 81-yr-young female. Due to the extreme burning of most of my face, I rubbed it with ICE CUBES which gave me awesome relief, enabled me to sleep without itching & scratching. Outbreak cleared up within 2 weeks.”

Anonymous May 19, 2018

“I had seborrhoic dermatitis constantly for a number of years, however coming across Elidel cream we have been able to counteract the effects by using an autoimmune cream which’s will rectify the effects of dry/rashly skin.”

Yura1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2017

“Physician was wary of keeping me on steroids on the face since the dermatitis and eczema was still coming back. She gave me Elidel and it worked really well, things cleared up within a few days. Initial side effects were application burning and itching, but skin got used to it and I don't get that anymore. I kept on it for several weeks and the dermatitis didn't return by itself. I still use it for any missed spots of eczema or dermatitis that flares up. It's safe to use on top of my Avar LS wash, so now lots of my dermatitis and eczema is under control with this combo. A personal positive side effect is that it inhibited hair growth on my upper lip where I used it.”

CharlesChampion · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 27, 2021

“If you use Elidel to ward off flare ups and keep them controlled until they go away (which they do) then back off on the application until you need it again then this produces the best results. I would never apply this daily unless I had the rash. Once the rash is gone I stop application until another flare up.”

Anonymous May 3, 2013

“Within twenty four hours of using this cream, I saw significant improvement in my symptoms! Wonder cream, YES!”

Kashif · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2018

“Didn’t work. Ended up with severe side effect i.e fever, headache , muscle stiffness, nasal congestion, numbness in hands and legs, heart burning etc.”

this ruined my face September 19, 2020

“I used this product Elidel for about a year and it ended up making everything worse and giving me extreme skin discoloration, now the skin on my face looks like a zebra. Please don't use this.”

Rosy11 February 6, 2016

“My daughter has been suffering from severe dermatitis for several years. Our doctor recommended Elidel and surprisingly her dermatitis cleared in 2 days.”

Edna July 25, 2021

“My 1 year olds was prescribed Elidel. It made his skin redder, more sensitive to scratches, it looks swollen. After a week of use it looks so much worse than how it was.”

Learn more about Atopic Dermatitis