User Reviews for Perindopril to treat High Blood Pressure

Perindopril Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Perindopril

anniek · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2020

“Sadly, I need to change my previous rating of 9, as I have to discontinue perindopril because of extreme hair shedding (I am female). I was doing so good on this drug; it lowered my blood pressure AND my anxiety, and I had almost zero side effects (no cough at all!). But as the months went by, I started noticing more and more hair loss, like I have never seen before. It is not the most common side effect, but in my case, it was very severe. I first lowered the dosage to 4 mg, then tried 2 mg, but at this point it was no longer effective in controlling my blood pressure, and the hair shedding continued. I am now on Spironolactone, hair still shedding, feeling a bit despaired because pretty much all blood pressure drugs can potentially cause hair loss so... :-/”

Kero · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 8, 2020

“I have been using Coversyl for eight years but it seems doesn’t work any more I have heart palpitations at night and the are terrible it wake me up from sleep check my bp was high I need to change the medication didn’t work for me.”

Rimmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2020

“Can perindopril be taken at night for nocturnal high blood pressure”

anniek · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 1, 2020

“Was a bit scared to start on perindopril. I always had high-ish blood pressure (140/90) but recently, health issues + anxiety (and taking too many Advil and Sudafed) made my BP climb to 190/110! I was put on Perindopril 8 mg. The first couple of weeks, my BP was all over the place, from really high to really low. At week 3, it stablized to about 135/80. For me, this drug has been very effective, and so far I don't have much side effects... A little dizzy at times, headaches, and once in a while, heart fluttering for a second or two. But other than that, the most noticeable side effect is much lower anxiety! I used to often experience physical anxiety - fast heart beat, chest tightness, a sense of dread and unease... And to my surprise, Perindopril has greatly reduced all of these symptoms (my doctor said this wasn't very common in her experience, but could certainly happen). Everyone is different, but I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!”

Hazmat · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2020

“I have been on perindopril 4mg for 3 months now, and since then my BP has increased to higher levels that I have never seen before. Due to corona virus I do not want to go to the hospital. My doctor has advised me to double the dose to 8mg and will call back in a week. But since then my BP has remained the same at 154/110 and has not come down. I have trouble sleeping, have headaches, unusual tiredness....I need to get off this med before it finisheds me...”

dobrmum · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“In 5 months this drug has caused 50% of my hair to fall out. No where is this noted as a side effect. Apparently there was a study done in a Polish Uni, where rats had the same issue as I did and it showed toxicity in the hair follicles and caused drug induced alopecia, but I guess it’s ok for us to take with no warnings?”

Bird · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 10, 2020

“I have been on this for high blood pressure for about two years. I have now changed because I can’t handle the effects. I have a very bad dry cough, keeps us up at night and a thirst for water and crave sodium so bad that’s become almost unbearable. Also serious body aches and nose congestion! It works well on my bp but can’t keep taking it anymore.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2019

“BP was around 155/95 and was started on 4mg daily of perindopril. Within 8 hours of first tablet BP was lower. First week it was around 115 / 70 and it worked wonders. Now after a month on it I am up to 6mg and taking amildapine (calcium blocker) as well. Bp has also increased to 140/90 at times (usually morning when I am due for next dose). I’m a little less impressed now and will have to review with my doctor. No complications or side effects of note though.”

nashwaak · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

“Reduced blood pressure somewhat. Had to take at bedtime as morning made me feel terrible. Hope I can get a substitute. Only taking it for a week.”

HorseRadish · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2019

“Was given perindopril for hypertension. It has not worked after many days even weeks. Currently taking 15 mg a day. Have read at two well known websites including the British NHS site, that it can take weeks to even have full effect. This is absolutely pointless and anybody with a kidney issue must be very careful as continued high blood pressure without adequate treatment will lead to further degradation of kidney function. Beware also of generic drugs and always insist on the actual brand name of any drug.”

Len · Taken for 10 years or more December 14, 2018

“On morning 4mg coversyl for 17yrs. 132/78, heart rate 68. I notice now, evening reading elevate to 145/87, bp68. Will continue 4mg mornings but take additional 2 mg in evenings as I believe the 4mg is wearing thin by evening and the 2mg will help overlap and work until morning. Stay tuned.”

Russ · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2018

“Taking 8 mg dose Has no effect on my blood pressure???”

indigogirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 6, 2018

“I really like coversyl, I am on 2 mg and I can only say good things about this medication. It hasn't caused me any issues and It lowered my blood pressure.”

forsakent · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 3, 2017

“Taking perindoprill 4mg for over 2 years my blood pressure went down from 190/130 to 130/85 in couple of days. But now after so long time taking the medication I am starting to feel something is not right as I have muscle pain, dizzines, headaches and my heartbeat went down to 50bpm. Maybe is time to change...”

Mexicalirose April 27, 2017

“I use Coversyl Plus HD..It has a diuretic. I don't know if the medication is working or not, because I take Doxazosin & Atenolol as well. There are some days when I feel light headed for a couple of hours, then that will wear off. I don't know if the medications are to blame, or if something else is going on. I saw an Internist last July, & he blames the lightheadedness on the Atenolol. garbage.! I know my body, & I'm sure it is not the Atenolol. I have muscle problems in my neck, also disc problems . I have burning sensations in my legs (blamed on what's going on in my spine). I'm at total wits end with it all. I was taught that if there's something going on in the body that's not normal, then of course the body will react= hypertension.”

ToNiOZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2017

“Started Coversyl 2.5mg after my readings would show an average 150/95. I took the first dose in the morning and at night when going to bed I got a tachychardia which lasted 3 hours. 150bpm average and it wouldn't stop. Very scary. The first 10 days were horrible, dizziness, lightheaded, hypertension crisis, you name it. Diastolic number went down but not the systolic one. Average reading 145/75. Experienced anxiety and panic disorder. Went to the emergencies because I was feeling very unwell. They increased the dose to Coversyl 5mg. It was even worse and I went to a cardiologist afterwards who switched me to a beta blocker.”

aquadur5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2017

“I took Coversyl 8mg for 5 weeks, and finally had to stop. The lightheadness would start about an hour after taking the pill in the morning (about 8:00AM), and would continue for the next 11-12 hours until the drug's effects wore of for that day. Some days, it was so bad I could not drive my car. Also, my appetite decreased, I had a terrible taste in my mouth, and it did NOT control my BP as well as they advertised. Finally, I said goodbye to this tablet and went back to my good old dependable Avapro 300MG, which I taken for 8 years before my cardiologist convinced me to go to Coversyl. What a mistake.”

Yvonne Ro · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2014

“Brought blood pressure but not pulse rate down but side effects scary. Palpitations and fluttering of heart. Not sure if I should discontinue them.”

Esbe April 11, 2014

“This worked well controlling my blood pressure but when dose was increased to 4mg I had a severe reaction - breathing problems, swelling of throat & tongue. Very scary!! Disappointed as they were working well up till then.”

yaletown · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2013

“Just started on 4mg dose just over a week ago now. Blood pressure between 107 and 129 systolic (average 110's) and 71 to 86 diastolic (average 75) - was up 150s systolic and 90s diastolic. Surprised at how quickly blood pressure changed. No side effects to report so far.”

Roger 78 years old · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 30, 2013

“Blood pressure down: now 130/70. Have had severe tickling of throat and cough most of day and kept awake at night. Just had gastroscopy and results clear.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2012

“This medicine works great. It brought down my average blood pressure from 160/100 to 110/75 in a couple days. And this with a low dose.”

Anonymous March 5, 2008

“It seems to work. It brought the blood pressure down to normal.”