User Reviews for Zegerid OTC to treat GERD

Zegerid OTC has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 4 ratings for the treatment of GERD. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Zegerid OTC rating summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 103 medications used in the treatment of GERD.

McT · Taken for 5 to 10 years · December 11, 2018

"Zegerid is the only OTC that helps relieve the incredible pain I experience - within 15 minutes! My life would be a living nightmare without Zegerid. Nexium takes way too long to then even barely reduce the pain. I've been taking Zegerid almost daily for around 9 years. When I wait too long, the pain can be best described as Chuckie the horror doll sitting on my head and stabbing daggers down my throat and in my ears. Not fun. Thank you Zegerid, for being fast acting and highly effective!"

Robyn Sweeney · January 21, 2014

"I have used all and just about every heartburn medicine OTC and prescription. Zegerid is by far the best product I have ever used. I recommend it to all it is a little pricey but is well worth the money."

BaxterBailey · February 17, 2011

"This is the only medication that stopped my GERD. After the 14 day treatment, the first day I did not take it, my GERD returned in full force. I wish it would have had a longer effect. Have given up on my doctor finding a solution, so will have to suffer for the next four months until I can repeat the Zegerid."

Anonymous · August 13, 2010

"This medication works as well as Prilosec but the super fat pill makes swallowing very difficult, which is why I quit using it and why I have it a low rating. Most people with GERD suffer from an inflamed esophagus and the creators of this pill should have taken that into account. I went back to Prilosec after a week of painfully trying to swallow this pill."

mrsjupiter555 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · October 24, 2012

"It worked really fast, and as soon as the 14 day treatment was over the symptoms came back immediately despite changing my diet, exercise, etc. "

More about Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate)

Patient resources