User Reviews for Omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate

Duodenal Ulcer 1.0
Summary of Omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate reviews 8.2 34 reviews

Reviews for Omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate

Addie July 31, 2020

For GERD: “This product omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate caused severe constipation. I noticed it after 3 days of use. It worked for my acid Reflux, but gave me this "Rare" side effect. Had to discontinue using.”

Samps · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2019

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “Zegerid is the only heartburn treatment that has ever worked for me. I’ve had bad heartburn for years. My neighbor told me about this one and how it helped her. I tried it and couldn’t believe it totally prevented any heartburn no matter what I ate. I recommend this to anyone who has to take tums or anything else for heart burn. Two family members now take it and they can’t believe it totally cleared up their heartburn. I take one every morning. This is like a miracle to me.!!!”

McT · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 11, 2018

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “Zegerid is the only OTC that helps relieve the incredible pain I experience - within 15 minutes! My life would be a living nightmare without Zegerid. Nexium takes way too long to then even barely reduce the pain. I've been taking Zegerid almost daily for around 9 years. When I wait too long, the pain can be best described as Chuckie the horror doll sitting on my head and stabbing daggers down my throat and in my ears. Not fun. Thank you Zegerid, for being fast acting and highly effective!”

christru22 · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2018

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “It's the same exact thing as prilosec or nexium, it works no different. The only difference is the sodium bicarbonate. Which is basically like taking a medicine similar to tums or alka zelter with your omeprazole. Don't be fooled it's all in your head. The extra couple of dollars is worth. In fact it's been proven that zegerid works no faster than prilosec, which has the same active ingredient.”

Pac · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2018

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Erosive Esophagitis: “Barrett’s Disease, heartburn worse since going off Zegerid a year ago. Gastric Dr ordered prescription Omeprazole 2 weeks ago and it did not help with heartburn. So I chose to go back on Zegerid 3 days ago and I am doing great! I buy it OTC at Walmart and it is CHEAPER THAN THE RX that did not help. I went through this same thing a couple of years ago and "found" OTC Zegerid was helpful whereas the rx was not.”

Sleep easy · Taken for 10 years or more November 1, 2017

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “Great product. Works very quickly and keeps the heart burn away. A little expensive but its the best product I have found. I don't have heart burn constantly so its nice to have a product I can just take as needed”

Mabelle · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 2, 2017

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “After taking this medication for a while, I developed symptoms that were very similar to a heart attack with intermittent palpitations lasting over five minutes each, raising blood pressure, dizziness, tightness on my chest, horrible heart burn. It has cause me a severe gastritis that irritated my stomach in such a way that I was unable to consume regular meals for weeks and weeks until I stop ZEGRID OTC. My experience was a nightmare that lasted more than just a couple of months. Until I figured that ZEGRID OTC was the cause of my illness.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2017

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “This med gives me the best relief.”

rlone · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2017

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “Had horrible GERD. Took multiple meds including omeprazole. Scheduled EGD procedure. After one week of Zegrid symtoms totally gone and have stayed gone. Cancelled surgery. Stuff is a life saver. I was so miserable before. What a relief!”

HeartburnFail · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2017

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Duodenal Ulcer: “Doctor said to try this for heartburn its 1 pill per 24 hours... was quick to get rid of pain and acid taste wore off after 4 hours.”

Pty · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 23, 2016

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “This only drug, after my doctor tried several, that works for me. The packets are the best but since Medicare supplements rx does not want to cover the price went up to 3000 for 90 days. So I'm on the generic pill because of the expense. Since this drug puts me in donut hole with medicare a month supply of this generic drug cost over 400 dollars. So you pay. We suffer the affects while these drug companies are make a killing. This a really really good drug for stomach suffers.”

Robyn75 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 14, 2016

For GERD: “I was diagnosed with GERD and erosive esophagitis after scope exploration to my stomach. Before being preceribed Zegerid 40 mg once daily, my life had went from active and full of exercise to miserable, constantly being sick, and not being able to keep anything down. I even stopped taking all vitamins and other medications because the thought of having anything on my stomach made me cringe. At one point I lost 20 pounds in about 3 weeks because I was not able to eat. Fast forward after testing I started Zegerid and it has literally changed my life. Keep in mind you HAVE to take it as directed though, on an empty stomach with a FULL glass of WATER, and don't eat or drink anything except water for an hour. Otherwise it will not work.”

Abbycarmen January 23, 2016

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Erosive Esophagitis: “None of the other brands has functioned for me like Zegerid.c. I have used others for a long time without any results. This costs more but it the only one that works. No other choice. ”

T.L.G. November 8, 2015

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “My doctor recommended this product for my acid reflux. I took 2 pills twice daily for about 6 days and was super disappointed in this product, not only did this medicine not help at all I feel like it made it worst. I would. It recommend this product from my experience but I know everyone's bodies are different so maybe it works for others.”

researcherintexas3*99568 November 7, 2015

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “Relieves the indigestion & esophagus contractions, Side effects are disastrous!. And this is with me taking it only twice a week! 1. Irregular heart beat 2. Stiff painful knees 3. Extremely sore, tender feet 4. Hair loss 5. Blurred vision/ dry eyes 6. Insomnia 7. Swollen legs and feet Podiatrist was alarmed at my swollen feet & ankles. He immediately recommended tests/MRI to find out why. Heart/vein problems were suspected. Conclusion- arthritis. Nope- I discontinued Zegerid and ALL of the above problems are gone, most within 10 days. Baking soda is also a culprit. Solution for GERD? small meals w/out grease or cooked tomatoes(for me). Small adjustment for so much relief! I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! I now RESEARCH ALL MEDS!”

Skweeks · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 29, 2015

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: “I have had problems with ulcers all my life and now I have Barrett's Esophagus to go with it. I've taken all proton pump inhibitors known to man. Zegerid is the only one that relieves the pain immediately, you don't have to wait days for it to start working. I love Zegerid , is been the only one to work for me Insurance don't want to pay for it and it's really expensive, so my doctor has to call them and explain why it is medically necessary.”

oliviarose21 January 22, 2015

For GERD: “This worked better than the Ranitidine and almost worked completely, most days I have had no problems on this.”

Robyn Sweeney January 21, 2014

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “I have used all and just about every heartburn medicine OTC and prescription. Zegerid is by far the best product I have ever used. I recommend it to all it is a little pricey but is well worth the money.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2013

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: “this is the best ulcer medicine on the market. it eliminated my pain within a few days after being doubled over and unable to go to work. it is the only one that actually heals existing ulcers. I have ulcers and an enlarged esophagus and this med is incredible. it is a miracle drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2013

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: “I am a 46 year old female diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus 9 years ago... have had GERD since age 16. Have also had a Nissen Fundoplication surgery 2 years ago. Have been on proton pump inhibitors off and on most of my adult life. Zegrid is the only medication that comes close to working. I do take with another medication in the evenings.”

mrsjupiter555 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 24, 2012

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “It worked really fast, and as soon as the 14 day treatment was over the symptoms came back immediately despite changing my diet, exercise, etc. ”

bay area boi July 22, 2011

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate): “This is the best medicine for heartburn, reflux, gastritis, and etc. I had stomach problems for the longest until I took Zegerid. Prilosec didn't work for me, neither anything else. I'm finally happy, downside, I have to take one at least once a day or I'll be hurting in the stomach. After I got a endoscopy on me and the biopsy was normal, I possibly got to take this pill for the rest of my life and I'm only 24. I have mild gastritis.”

DauphinNana March 11, 2011

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “Zegerid is the best medicine for GERD I've ever taken. However, I'm wondering if continue usage of Zegerid as it has caused problems with my finger/toe nails. For the recent two-three years my nails have become both brittle and soft. Can't seem to have nice nails anymore. ”

BaxterBailey February 17, 2011

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “This is the only medication that stopped my GERD. After the 14 day treatment, the first day I did not take it, my GERD returned in full force. I wish it would have had a longer effect. Have given up on my doctor finding a solution, so will have to suffer for the next four months until I can repeat the Zegerid.”

Anonymous August 13, 2010

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: “This medication works as well as Prilosec but the super fat pill makes swallowing very difficult, which is why I quit using it and why I have it a low rating. Most people with GERD suffer from an inflamed esophagus and the creators of this pill should have taken that into account. I went back to Prilosec after a week of painfully trying to swallow this pill.”