User Reviews for Omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate

Also known as: Zegerid, Zegerid OTC

Learn more about Omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate.

Erosive Esophagitis 2 reviews 108 medications

Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage 1 reviews 24 medications

Stomach Ulcer 4 reviews 106 medications

9.5
GERD 16 reviews 220 medications

8.2
Summary of Omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate reviews 23 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate

For GERD: "I was diagnosed with GERD and erosive esophagitis after scope exploration to my stomach. Before being preceribed Zegerid 40 mg once daily, my life had went from active and full of exercise to miserable, constantly being sick, and not being able to keep anything down. I even stopped taking all vitamins and other medications because the thought of having anything on my stomach made me cringe. At one point I lost 20 pounds in about 3 weeks because I was not able to eat. Fast forward after testing I started Zegerid and it has literally changed my life. Keep in mind you HAVE to take it as directed though, on an empty stomach with a FULL glass of WATER, and don't eat or drink anything except water for an hour. Otherwise it will not work."

Robyn75 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 14, 2016

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Erosive Esophagitis: "None of the other brands has functioned for me like Zegerid.c. I have used others for a long time without any results. This costs more but it the only one that works. No other choice. "

Abbycarmen January 23, 2016

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "My doctor recommended this product for my acid reflux. I took 2 pills twice daily for about 6 days and was super disappointed in this product, not only did this medicine not help at all I feel like it made it worst. I would. It recommend this product from my experience but I know everyone's bodies are different so maybe it works for others."

T.L.G. November 8, 2015

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "Relieves the indigestion & esophagus contractions, Side effects are disastrous!. And this is with me taking it only twice a week! 1. Irregular heart beat 2. Stiff painful knees 3. Extremely sore, tender feet 4. Hair loss 5. Blurred vision/ dry eyes 6. Insomnia 7. Swollen legs and feet Podiatrist was alarmed at my swollen feet & ankles. He immediately recommended tests/MRI to find out why. Heart/vein problems were suspected. Conclusion- arthritis. Nope- I discontinued Zegerid and ALL of the above problems are gone, most within 10 days. Baking soda is also a culprit. Solution for GERD? small meals w/out grease or cooked tomatoes(for me). Small adjustment for so much relief! I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! I now RESEARCH ALL MEDS!"

researcherintexas3*99568 November 7, 2015

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: "I have had problems with ulcers all my life and now I have Barrett's Esophagus to go with it. I've taken all proton pump inhibitors known to man. Zegerid is the only one that relieves the pain immediately, you don't have to wait days for it to start working. I love Zegerid , is been the only one to work for me Insurance don't want to pay for it and it's really expensive, so my doctor has to call them and explain why it is medically necessary."

Skweeks (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2015

For GERD: "This worked better than the Ranitidine and almost worked completely, most days I have had no problems on this."

oliviarose21 January 22, 2015

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "I have used all and just about every heartburn medicine OTC and prescription. Zegerid is by far the best product I have ever used. I recommend it to all it is a little pricey but is well worth the money."

Robyn Sweeney January 21, 2014

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: "this is the best ulcer medicine on the market. it eliminated my pain within a few days after being doubled over and unable to go to work. it is the only one that actually heals existing ulcers. I have ulcers and an enlarged esophagus and this med is incredible. it is a miracle drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2013

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: "I am a 46 year old female diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus 9 years ago... have had GERD since age 16. Have also had a Nissen Fundoplication surgery 2 years ago. Have been on proton pump inhibitors off and on most of my adult life. Zegrid is the only medication that comes close to working. I do take with another medication in the evenings."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2013

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "It worked really fast, and as soon as the 14 day treatment was over the symptoms came back immediately despite changing my diet, exercise, etc. "

mrsjupiter555 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2012

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for : "This is the best medicine for heartburn, reflux, gastritis, and etc. I had stomach problems for the longest until I took Zegerid. Prilosec didn't work for me, neither anything else. I'm finally happy, downside, I have to take one at least once a day or I'll be hurting in the stomach. After I got a endoscopy on me and the biopsy was normal, I possibly got to take this pill for the rest of my life and I'm only 24. I have mild gastritis."

bay area boi July 22, 2011

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "Zegerid is the best medicine for GERD I've ever taken. However, I'm wondering if continue usage of Zegerid as it has caused problems with my finger/toe nails. For the recent two-three years my nails have become both brittle and soft. Can't seem to have nice nails anymore. "

DauphinNana March 11, 2011

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "This is the only medication that stopped my GERD. After the 14 day treatment, the first day I did not take it, my GERD returned in full force. I wish it would have had a longer effect. Have given up on my doctor finding a solution, so will have to suffer for the next four months until I can repeat the Zegerid."

BaxterBailey February 17, 2011

Zegerid OTC (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "This medication works as well as Prilosec but the super fat pill makes swallowing very difficult, which is why I quit using it and why I have it a low rating. Most people with GERD suffer from an inflamed esophagus and the creators of this pill should have taken that into account. I went back to Prilosec after a week of painfully trying to swallow this pill."

Anonymous August 13, 2010

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "I had no symptoms of GERD, but a nagging chronic cough that seemed to originate from the back of my throat, not from my lungs. It would occur suddenly and without any warning. I could get relief from popping a Hall's cough drop, but my cough was so frequent (about 20 times a day). I was also clearing my throat all the time. My voice became gravelly at times, too. My co-workers were giving me grief over this cough. After trying several medications, my PCP referred me to a gastroenterologist, who gave prescribed Zegerid. I took 40 mg twice daily. My cough improved over the next 3 days, and disappeared. It has been almost a month. However, that nagging cough is beginning to creep back, along with the throat-clearing and gravel-voice."

Cough-free June 8, 2010

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "I have had Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease for many years and in February of this year, I was diagnosed with a Hiatus hernia as well. I had been on Prilosec since the late 90s, before it was available over the counter, prior to that I took Zantac 150. After I was diagnosed with the Hiatus Hernia this year, my gastroenterologist prescribed Zegerid and within the first day of taking it, I noticed a dramatic difference no heartburn or reflux at all. I do still have to take Mylanta occasionally depending on what I eat but, that is nothing compared to what it was like. I was taking several doses of Mylanta every day with minimal relief."

Kafitz October 8, 2009

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "I have had acid reflux for over 16 years. Started with tums/rolaids and they offered some relief if I ate about 10 per day! Then I started on Prevacid, and it worked fine for a year or two, but still had some heartburn. Then tried Prilosec OTC since it was so cheap and it worked almost as good as Prevacid. Then a year ago my doctor started me on Zegerid, and it completely took away the heartburn. Now I have to make sure that I take it at least 15 minutes before I eat anything or I get wicked bad burps! An hour is best. Anyways I have been experiencing some side effects, so I may stop taking to see if they go away. I have been getting some dizziness, headaches, bad gas, stomach pain, and anxiety. They usually are mild."

Chuck S August 29, 2009

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "I was diagnosed with acid reflux at 14 and always had heartburn. But after a while pain accompanied the heartburn and began to wake me up in the middle of the night and would not let me go back to sleep. My doctor assumed it was an ulcer and decided to put me on Pepcid AC and Nexium, one tablet each a day. I was still in a quite a bit of pain. and when I went to see a specialist they preformed an endoscopy and found that i had a severe case of gastritis. They prescribed me Zegerid and the difference was unbelievable. After about a week I was completely pain free. No more heartburn or pain. But I always have to make sure I take it once a day or else ill pay for it the next day. Overall, I don't know what I would do without it."

Anonymous December 8, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "I've been taking this for nearly a year now, and I can honestly say I've been heartburn-free since the day after I started taking it. I can eat all the things that I love but used to keep me up all night (tomato sauce, bananas and peanut butter were the worst). It is quite expensive, about a $1 a pill with insurance, but worth every penny. It's can also be a hassle because I have to wait to eat in the morning after I take it, but I am able to get something at work. I took Tagamet for a while, then Zantac (75 and then 150), and both those stopped working after a few months. Tums, Rolaids and all the other chewables, and liquids like Mylanta all quit working years ago. My doctor decided to step it up and prescribe this to me and my life changed."

Anonymous September 8, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I was on 3 different medications before Zegerid. They would work for a day or so then all my symptoms would come back. Finally my doctor gave me Zeg to try out and I haven't had any symptoms since."

mgreiner August 28, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for : "My symptoms, including persistent nagging cough, resolved within four (4) weeks of beginning this medicine. However, after being symptom free for almost 3-6 months, my symptoms returned. I am now taking double the dose, but have yet to experience the resolution I had initially."

Anonymous May 13, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Stomach Ulcer: "It all but eliminated my symptoms within 3 days from being doubled over in pain an not able to work to feeling great. After 5 days, i was symptom free."

Anonymous April 29, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "Using it as a replacement for Nexium, since insurance refused to cover Nexium. Works like a charm, and my GERD is under control now. Sometimes it's a bit of a hassle to have to wait half an hour before eating in the morning, especially when in a hurry, but this is an incredibly mild inconvenience when compared to the benefits."

Anonymous April 29, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage: "Changed my life in a day. I went from complete misery to almost back to normal witin eight hours. The hour it began to wear off, my agony was back again. For me it really workd. I am taking double the prescribed dose however."

Moo Roo Mary March 22, 2008

Zegerid (omeprazole / sodium bicarbonate) for GERD: "expensive"

Anonymous March 12, 2008