User Reviews for Sharobel

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Sharobel reviews 5.2 25 reviews

Reviews for Sharobel

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've tried this BC twice now. I haven't gotten pregnant but it causes my period to be so abnormal after some time that I need to use pregnancy tests to rule it out. It causes me to spot between periods a lot and my period is not following my normal 32 days cycle. Sometimes it comes 2 weeks early or skips a month. I've already made an appointment to discuss other options with my physician. Estrogen pills cause my blood pressure to go up. A friend of mine is on a hormone free IUD so I'm considering exploring that."

AmberSea (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this medication for about 3 months now, and I haven't have a period at all. I had abnormal bleeding for an entire month, and then it stopped completely. As a person who relies on their period heavily as a reminder that they aren't pregnant, I don't like this medication. The cramps while the bleeding occurred were horrible. I will be changing my birth control medication back to high hormones, despite my migraines."

jfenton4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first time I’ve ever been on birth control. So far I like it. I read some reviews because the stars are so low and I was curious to why they’re so low but I truly believe that every one is different and therefore you can’t really go off of what each persons experience was. I was afraid to even go on birth control pills but so far I’ve been on these pills for 3 weeks now and I noticed my skin has gotten so much nicer! At first I had no idea why my face was looking so nice but I realized it’s probably from the birth control pills. I haven’t noticed any weight gain. I actually just lost one pound. My doctor prescribed me these during my post pregnancy visit. She told me to come back after 6 months to switch them when I’m done breast feeding but it’s been about two months since I had my baby and my breast milk has run out. I don’t want to say it’s from the pills because I don’t pump persistently...but I think I’m going to stick to these pills."

Angelina (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this to lessen bleeding from my fibroid. I felt cramping and dizzy for the first time on birth control. While bleeding would be on pause for most of the day, episodes of extreme flooding (1pt+ of blood) within 10 min intervals and extremely large clots (golf ball size and larger) would pass and could not be contained."

MKA (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Birth Control "They prescribed me this birth control because I've recently had a baby and I'm breast feeding. I've been on it for 3 months and yet no period! And I've gain a lot of weight!!!! Im going to my doctor and get my birth control pill changed"

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this because I had my baby in December and was breastfeeding. It is the only birth control I've ever been on but I think I can safely say it is by far the worst one! Not only have I been bleeding 25 days out of the month, but I've gotten my period 3 times in just one month and it's even heavier than before! Add constant bleeding with awful mood swings and you get a living hell. That's been my life on these pills the past 3 months. I'm definitely switching!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on the Patch for 2 years and had almost no side effects, besides slight weight gain. I had no acne/cramping/mood swings/etc. my periods were super light and only lasted 3-4 days and were extremely regular. I had to switch though, because it didn't stick on very well. I can't take estrogen due to a certain kind of migraines, so my Dr. prescribed Sharobel. I was fine the first week or two, no real side effects except the my boobs got huge. But ever since then I have been bleeding HEAVILY like every other week. I'm moody and breaking out and the cramps are awful. I've been on it since January, and it has only gotten worse. Hoping that people are right and that my hormones level out and adjust to not having estrogen in another month or 2...."

LoriK (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time on BC and specifically this one because I cannot take a combined pill due to clotting issues. This pill has been great! No prolonged bleeding, normal periods for the last four months. This is my fifth month on it and I am only spotting which I am happy about. No weight gain, no acne, nothing. I’m extremely active (workout 5-6x a week) and I haven’t noticed any weight gain, in fact I’ve lost weight. No increased hunger. This pill has worked great for me. Don’t blame pre-existing conditions on this pill. It’s a safe alternative."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill in October of 2017, I was on it for about 2 1/2-3 months before I stopped it because I hated the fact that I bled and spotted for about 18 days. I started the pill again about a month or two later I've been on it for almost 2 months now and I'm still experiencing longer periods and spotting for two weeks or longer, I've gained a bit of weight but not sure if that's from the pill or not. Overall I don't have any side effects other than the crazy amount of time I bleed and spot and some bloating, I'm trying to stick it out for at least a few more months to see if the spotting will stop if not I'm definitely not staying on the pill."

Liah1111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "So far very happy with this medication"

MichW (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I currently delivered a baby boy September 4. Within that time I would bleed on a off. Some days darker than most. Around my 5th week the spotting had just about disappeared to very light pink, hardly noticeable. I was prescribed these pills because I am breastfeeding. I started in Sunday as told by my doctor. By Wednesday or Thursday. I was bleeding as If I just delivered a baby again. Along with that cramps came along. Reading these reviews I honestly don't think I can last with bleeding for months at a time. Already it's become stressful and unpleasant with all this bleeding. I'll be asking my doctor is there anything else that can be prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

For Birth Control "Works Great! I will never use anything else. 2nd time on it. Just had my third planned baby and also breastfeeding."

Brianne95 September 27, 2017

For Birth Control "Love it"

Lexyyyyy September 17, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been taking this birth control since April. I had regular periods, but it would last longer. In August, I was a little late and then spotted for almost 2 weeks off and on but it was just really light. This month, I'm 6 days late and have only spotted a couple of times (brown like the start or end). Am I eventually not going to have a cycle and this is common?"

VDAWG September 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been bleeding lightly for 3 weeks and it smells fairly bad. I'm quitting it for these reasons and going back to my old birth control pill."

Trooper12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

For Birth Control "After 5 years of the Mirena IUD, it got lodged in my uterus and required surgical removal. I was going to get another one until that happened. I was then on the depo shot and gained a ton of weight. Since I was a smoker and over 30, my doctor didn't want me taking anything with estrogen, so she put me on Sharobel. I noticed that my boobs felt HUGE and super sore for the first week, and also my chin and back broke out for the first few weeks. The only other gripe I have with this pill is that it has to be taken the same exact time every day. I'm busy, forgetful, and my schedule is all over the place. Might be going back to the shot soon just because of that. Upsides: less risk of blood clots and No period to speak of (yay!)"

fidddish January 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I've had extreme hair loss. To the point of where I'm crying with this medicine, weight gain, and my face has broken out like it has never in my life. Over this and will never be taking again!"

Pissed postpartum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

For Birth Control "This has been my 5th contraceptive and I like it the best.When I was on nuvaring and cryselle I developed vulvar vestibulitis (similar, but not vulvodynia).My GYN thought that I had chronic yeast infections for about 2 years and she finally realized it could be the hormones causing this painful condition.Since sharobel has no break in the drug (no sugar pill week) my horomones levelled off. I am almost cured of the vestibulitis. I have noticed a little weight gain. No hair loss. Some back and facial acne but NO PMSING! I always had strong mood swings and because I now rarely get a period I do not have ANY PMS MOOD SWINGS! I highly recommend to anyone with terrible mood swings. The only con is I have trouble getting to sleep and waking up."

Yonce1 November 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I had severe preeclampsia st the end of my pregnancy that did not go away after birth. My dr prescribed this birth control because it doesn't raise your bp like combo pills do. So I waited 7 weeks postpartum to start the pills. As soon as I started them I started to bleed and I didn't stop bleeding for 8 straight weeks. Apparently, this happens to many people and it's the lack of estrogen in the pills that makes it happen.. I didn't have too many other side effects from these however. Most bc pills make me crazy.. these didn't so at least there is one good thing about them. But I did stop taking them. Now I'm going to start tri linyah.. wish me luck."

Jax211 August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I was previously on Lo Loestrin for three years because I cannot be on a pill that has a lot of estrogen. My insurance covered very little of it (it was costing me $120 a month) so my doctor prescribed Sharobel. I spotted for about a month when I first started taking it, and then didn't get my period for about three to four months. For the past two months, I have been spotting almost everyday, some days actually seem like a full-blown period. It will stop for a day or two at most, and then I am spotting again. I haven't experienced any other negative effects, but with this birth control being less effective than others on top of the months of spotting, it is not the best option for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a week and a half. So far the only side effect increased libido, and I mean it's increased a lot. No period ,no breast size changes. I will keep taking this pill until I'm ready to settle down and have children."

Burnapeyton91 April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I'd been on the Nor-QD pill for many years without problem. This year my insurance changed and the pharmacy issued Sharobel in its place. I thought it'd be fine since it has the the exact same amount of NORETHINDRONE. Wow, was I wrong! Luckily I only got a three month supply because I am quitting this pill. In two and half months on this pill, I've had a period or bleeding every 5-7 days. It's not just bleeding, I get the whole deal; cramps, lower back pain, hunger cravings, crankiness, and bloating. My skin has broken out, I've been super irritable/moody, and I don't understand how the side effects can be so extreme for me when I previously was on Nor-Qd for so long and experienced none of these things."

Marina M. March 17, 2016

For Birth Control "The first two weeks were perfectly fine, I feel like my breasts got bigger/fuller but they became really sensitive and sore all the time. Then about the third week came around and I missed one pill by a little bit and I haven't stopped bleeding since. (I've been bleeding for three weeks straight with unusual dark colored discharge) Also my skin and just about everything feels super dry compared to normal. Haven't gained weight or gotten zits so I guess that's okay. Drive is through the roof but can't do anything. :^( Hoping this bleeding will stop soon. Might go to doc."

Anonymouser January 1, 2016

For Birth Control "The first 4 or so months on this pill were atrocious. Like everyone says...bleeding/cramping/spotting that did not stop for longer than a few days here and there...but I didn't get any other side effects which is the only reason I stuck with it. Things finally evened out about 5 or 6 months and I'll either get a normal period or nothing at all. The only possible side effect now is it seems I get night sweats around the time I would be PMSing but I got those before this pill. So that could just be me. I also have fibroids and had zero hope for this working for heavy bleeding since Mirena and Lysteda both failed me. I'm happy for now, hopefully it doesn't turn against me!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first month on the pill to help stop my periods. I was okay for the first two weeks of taking the pill,no problem whatsoever, apart from increases cup size from a D to DD (also they feel fuller too, which can be very uncomfortable). I always take the medicine on time ,until the third week, where I had to go on a trip, and I would end up taking the pill maybe like 20 mins to half an hour later. And almost instantly after my 4 day trip , I started spotting and a day later it switched to a full blown period(cramps and heavy flow). It's been a week since all this began and as of tonight it will be switching to week 2. I don't know if it's because I was a few minutes late or what, but this is very annoying .."

concernedfirsttimeuser June 29, 2015