User Reviews for Lyza to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Lyza has an average rating of 2.1 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 0% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 71% reported a negative effect.

Lyza Rating Summary

2.1/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Lyza

MNnicegirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2017

“I have been taking Lyza since December 5th, 2016. I have had vaginal bleeding since December 7th, 2017. Yes, that is 71 days straight! I have not had any other side effects from this pill but the bleeding is enough to do me in. I keep waiting to see if it will even out but again this week it is heavier then just spotting and showing no signs of slowing down. I have high blood pressure which is why I am on this pill but I don't think I can keep taking it much longer. So frustrated!!!!”

Calitatted · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 10, 2017

“I use to have the mirena for 3 years but during the 3rd year I started having side effects so I got the Lyza pill because I have migraines. I started in October 2016 and I'm always bleeding I'll stop bleeding for a week and then start bleeding again my cramps are worse I get really depressed idk what to do - I don't want kids right now I'm married ”

xo.shortyy April 13, 2017

“So I was given Lyza because of my migraines. Long story short as soon as i started taking it I've had problems. My migraines seem even worse. It made me really moody & depressed. Not to mention never having a break from my period if I'm lucky I get 5 days off at the most other than that I'm always on my period. I definitely would not recommend!”

Jess sw November 10, 2017

“I have been on the Lyza mini-pill for a year and a half now. If you are like me and are bleeding way more often than your not DO NOT listen to your doctor. I bleed for 3-5 weeks and then I will get a week (maybe 2) if I'm lucky of no bleeding. I am constantly bloated and severely crampy. All I can do is lay with a heating pad to get some relief. And when I say bleeding....I mean HEAVY from start to finish. I use at least 3 super size tampons a day because I bleed through them. My doctor however says its "normal". Idk what the hell their definition of normal is but this is NOT it!”

Anonymous October 11, 2017

“I hate this pill I won't get pregnant because I won't stop bleeding to even have sex this is a headache. I have been bleeding light to med for about 2 weeks this has been happening for a very long time I be happy if I can go 5 days w/o blood don't take this pill if you can help it”

Shaugherry July 8, 2017

“This is the worst pill. First time I started taking these pills when I got my period I bled for 12 days straight, then months after that, I bled like normal probably a bit heavier than normal , the nurse told me when taking this pill your period will be light to no period some months, I have yet to see a light period. A few more months pass by then I started to gain weight and I mean a lot of weight it started coming on really fast I gained about 30 pounds in 8 months and there wasn't much pain, slight cramps and I was very moody and had increased libido I hardly got headaches but I was really bloated every single month like excessive gas every single month it was terrible until like three days ago I decided that enough was enough and stopped taking them”

tiredofit · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2018

“I started taking Lyza for heavy periods and fibroids to avoid surgery. After the sixth day on it, my period started again and it's so heavy I soak through TWO 10-hr pads in an hour, and there's some clots too. I'm stopping today and finding another solution this is crazy.”

Alex12 January 18, 2017

“I started taking Lyza on the second day of my period and it's been 2 weeks now I'm still bleeding. And this is the first time I have to take pain reliever on my period. Plus I'm gaining weight too.. this pills sucks”

Annon03 September 7, 2017

“I've only started taking lyza for two months now and I been having periods last for 20 days then a week free then back to three 20 day period. Periods are extremely heavy. It's been really annoying but I'm going to stick through for at least 6 months to see if this changes. I get no symptoms so far except a little breast tenderness so I'm happy about that.”

Caligirl40 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2017

“I am glad I came across this page. I too have had a terrible experience with this pill. I started them to control my periods and abnormal bleeding however, I have been bleeding for nearly 5 months with only a total 16 days of no bleeding. They have been heavy and clotted. I was told that it would take three months for my periods to taper off but it is just as bad now as it was 5 months ago. I have not experienced any weight gain however on the days where I was not bleeding I was very bloated. I even went to a couple of doctors thinking that I may have a serious medical condition but they found nothing. Now I know that I am not the only one who is having this problem. I have quit taking them and will be switching to a different brand”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding