User Reviews for Jencycla to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Jencycla has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Jencycla Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

L · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2020

“I started taking Jencycla to help with heavy bleeding. My cycles were the opposite of what they should be... so instead of having my period for a week and not bleeding for three weeks...I was bleeding three weeks and not having my period for a week! I did have minor headaches when I started this. My pharmacist told me it would take at least 3 months to see any results so to keep taking it. The first two months were the same old thing but then last month was my third month and I went 17 days without any bleeding!! And this month has now been 22 days without any bleeding. Knock on wood I think it is working for me. So don't give up after a month or two give it time to get in your system!”

Mom1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2020

“Started Jencycla to see if it would help with heavy periods. I’m 43 years old and iron is low. Used it for 2 months hoping it would decrease the monthly flow. Didn’t notice any change...still very heavy periods and lasting 7-8 days. Initial side effects headache, cramping, irritability And fluid retention...all went away except the extra fluid after a few days of use. I stopped the pill because it wasn’t helping and didn’t like the fluid retention.”

Mommaof4 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2020

“I started Jencycla a month ago, I'm breastfeeding my newborn so I couldn't wait til I started my period to take the pills. I started it immediately after I got it, 2 weeks into taking it I started having heavy cramping and was on my period for 13 days straight, off for a week with heavy cramping and I just started again this past Tuesday. I also noticed a drop in my milk supply. I've stopped taking it.”

CysterMister · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

“I was given this birth control for PCOS after my previous pill (Diane 35) caused blood clots to form in my body. The only side effect I had is extreme boob tenderness and tightness that went away after a couple weeks, though my nipples still feel sore. If I miss even one pill or am late more than an hour, I get a period. I didn't have a period for a whole year and even on Diane 35 I wasn't getting much but boy did Jencycla turn that around!”

NurseC · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2019

“This medication made my life purely awful. I have PCOS and was placed on Jencycla for period regularity. Well, I was on it two years. Lost almost all of my hair, was having horrible mood swings and depression, gained more weight and became suicidal. My doctor kept telling me it was related to PCOS and kept putting me on more meds that I refused to take. So eventually I decided to stop taking it and honestly I never felt better. In two months I’ve lost twenty pounds, my hair is growing back quickly, and my mood swings have slowed tremendously. I do not recommend this med but like with any other it effects people differently.”

Stargazinggg · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2018

“I am truly satisfied with this birth control. I am being treated for PCOS. I couldn’t tolerate any other birth controls due to very bad headaches and nausea/ throwing up. Taking this so far has been great it doesn’t interfere with my daily activities.”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

“I started taking Jencycla 2 weeks ago and I've had no ill side effects that others experienced. I did not start when I was suppose to, such as on the first day of my period and I am now having a very heavy period. It's a bit concerning because I thought my period was going to come on the last week of the pill packet. No big deal, as long as I'm not pregnant. I have not taken birth control my whole life. I'm now 43 and have two lovely boys. I decided to take this birth control as it is suppose to have less side effects. Im so glad my doctor suggested Jencycla.”

jrb · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

“I made it four days before I had to stop taking Jencycla. I missed two days of work because starting the second night of Jencycla I could not sleep and it made me feel like my heart was going to pump out of my chest, sweating at night, and nausea and dizziness so bad I couldn't work. It made me feel "buzzy." This stuff is way too strong.”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding