User Reviews for Nizatidine

Also known as: Axid AR

Nizatidine has an average rating of 9.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 90% of those users who reviewed Nizatidine reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

GERD
8.9
Indigestion
10.0
Stomach Ulcer
10.0
Summary of Nizatidine reviews 9.2 10 reviews

Lesley 07 · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2020

For GERD: “I have just been prescribed nizatidine by my dr I find it doesn't relieve my acid as I would like I suffer bad with really bad acid”

CB June 20, 2019

For Indigestion: “I used this product for NERD (non erosive reflux disease). It provided SO much relief, and kept the yucky reflux symptoms at bay. I hope it works for others too :)”

Jackie October 2, 2018

For GERD: “Nizatidine is a great drug for acid reflux. Have been taking 150mg twice daily for over 30 years. Cannot get it now ,on Ranitidine now -not nearly as effective.”

Siobhan33 January 11, 2013

Axid (nizatidine) for GERD: “Best medication for GERD on the market. It disappeared from South Africa in 2008 and I've had to take ranitidine since then. Ranitidine is not as effective and I would prefer to take Axid again but cannot get it.”

Donna Adams April 17, 2016

Axid AR (nizatidine) for Stomach Ulcer: “I have used Axid AR since the early 1990's, before it was available OTC. It was the best product on the market for treating ulcers. It worked so well, I use to pay $90.00 for a month's supply of prescription Axid. No generic was ever created that could compete with Axid's relief.”

Anonymous February 20, 2011

Axid AR (nizatidine) for GERD: “I have tried several medicines for acid reflux and this is by far the best one that works for me. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued.”

cgk March 9, 2012

Axid AR (nizatidine) for GERD: “My husband has used this a few years ago and worked well for him. We now need it for our son.”

Aldids April 3, 2016

For GERD: “usually works well relatively inexpensive. not as effective for me as ppis but probably safer”

Danmusselman · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2013

Axid (nizatidine) for GERD: “Nizatidine is by far the best histamine-2 blocker but very expensive.”

jackie · Taken for 10 years or more August 19, 2018

For Indigestion: “Axid was very effective. I now find Nizatidine just as good.”