User Reviews for Bystolic to treat Mitral Valve Prolapse

Bystolic has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Mitral Valve Prolapse. 88% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Bystolic Rating Summary

8.9/10 average rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Mitral Valve Prolapse.

Navprd May 1, 2019

“I've been suffering with paralyzingly severe PVC's and angina around the clock for over a year now. (my diagnosis is Severe bi-geminal PVC'S with mitral valve prolapse and regurgitation ).Couldn't sleep or sit down to rest because it made the symptoms worse. I've been on atenolol, and high doses of metoprolol with no success. I was afraid the next step would be cardiac ablation, but my doctor started me on 10 mg of Bystolic and within the first day I feel like a different person! No side effects, good energy level and it helped a lot with me not feeling the PVC's, angina and fluttering so much. I have a feeling I'll be going up to 20 mg because after 9 hours I can start to feel the PVC's beginning again, but this med works great for me so far. Even a little relief from those terrible arrhythmias is a welcome. Everyone is different so hang in there and don't be afraid to have your doctor try you on different meds. Good luck everyone, I know the depression that can come from heart related problems. Find some comfort in knowing we're in this together, your not alone.”

ladybug2634 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2013

“I have mitral valve prolapse, female, 42. I started Bystolic, 5mg, a couple weeks ago, no palpitations, no dizziness, no headaches, no fatigue. My sleep is off a bit, but other than that, I feel great.”

MyMichelet August 6, 2009

“41 yr old Caucasian female. 115lbs/5' No negative medical history other than mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation. Horrid chest pains and no energy. I can't recall the 1st drug- caused numbness in hands and feet- tingling and cold feelings were horrible. Also, caused extreme tiredness; mixed with the fatigue from the regurgitation made me a rag doll. BYSTOLIC CHANGED MY LIFE. Started me at 10mg- lasted 10 months; now on 20mg for the last 5 months. Pain creeps in faster as I am sure the valve isn't getting any 'better'. Time will bring about the need to change it and my doctor is waiting for Cleveland Clinic to open up new non-intrusive surgeries to patients who do not have life-threatening MVP issues. Side effects are minimal and I HAVE MY LIFE BACK.”

Bama · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2020

“45 y.o Female taking Bystolic 5mg over 2 years. I love this medicine. It eliminated heart palpitations that were very annoying. No weight gain or loss. No side effects. I rated it a 9 because it is somewhat pricey ($68 monthly with insurance).”

Anonymous August 24, 2011

“I have been on Bystolic 5mg for 1 month. I have mitral valve prolapse. A have really rapid heart rate at times. Had been on Lanoxin abd verapamil of years. All at once my heart rate was very rapid and my blood pressure raised. I was feeling so nervous. They took me off the medicines I was on and put me on the Bystolic. Within a couple of days my heart rate slowed down and my blood pressure was normal. I feel great again at age 70. The only thing I have noticed is I do have diarrhea once in awhile. This has gotten better after a couple of weeks of taking this medicine. It is working for me so far!”

superstressed March 7, 2010

“This medication works great for my high blood pressure (when I first started Bystolic it brought both numbers down tremendously) and a small leak (Mitral Valve Prolapse) The flutters in my chest weren't as frequent as they used to be.”

Anonymous May 16, 2010

“Ever since I started taking Bystolic my joints have been sore. ”

Skippy · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 7, 2021

“Tried several beta blockers, this works for my HBP and mitral valve.”

Learn more about Mitral Valve Prolapse