User Reviews for Oramorph SR

Pain

Summary of Oramorph SR reviews 6.3 6 reviews

Reviews for Oramorph SR

Soulreaver · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

For Chronic Pain "I have a 2 column l2 fracture of the spine and I have a spinal brace on. The pain is really severe and the doctor gave me oramorph 20mg every 2 hours and apart from being light headed and a little bit spaced out I am free of pain for the first time in 3 weeks. Off for MRI as the fracture has collapsed more"

Chronic pain patient 001 E · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain "This did not help my chronic pain at all. I had to use dosage of 30 -50MG of morphine and it still didn't touch my pain. I got severe constipation and was violently sick"

BlackSheeps · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 16, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Very similar to MS Contin before manufacturer added a second drug-release regulating feature to the matrix. I found that every 12 hours allowed too low a trough in between doses, so my dose was divided into thirds for a every 8 hour schedule. I continued to work throughout the titration and stayed productive for a decade. Now I'm toast. Any steady-state pain strategy will eventually change your body chemistry for ever, so it important to exhaust all short-acting, prn "as needed" strategies first. Be honest with your Doctor, it goes a long way."

bugmann0218 December 23, 2009

For Pain "I was prescribed name brand Oramorph SR for chronic back pain. I was taking 130mg 3X a day, I had bad nausea, severe edema. Most disturbing was the odor emitted from my skin, breath, and from bowel movements. I would rate the pain relief "so so" and the side effects where not worth the pain relief obtained. Just look out for the swelling of the feet and legs. I guess this medication was not the right one for me, as with most pain medicines we need to use trial and error to see which medicine will work best, in any given patient. Wishing you all a pain free day."

ScoliosisGuy December 19, 2009

For Pain "My doctor started me on the 15mg of MsContin last month 3x/day and it isn't doing a very good job of controlling my congenital stenosis, spondylosis, scoliosis, or bulging pain...Will be requesting the 60mg Oramorph 3x/day on my next visit as I was diagnosed for dental problems I had for 5 years. It works great with MSIR 30mg for any breakthrough pains. Just be sure to inform your doctor if you have been taking any opioid medications before as that will determine your correct starting dose."

vkaye38 August 4, 2009

For Pain "This medicine really hit me hard at first. Taking it laid me out but it did its job, so now I've been on it for almost 2 years and it's not working as well as at first and my doctor has had to up the dose two times. I'm already ready for it to be dosed up again, scared I've built up a tolerance for it."