User Reviews for Montelukast

Asthma 5.2
Summary of Montelukast reviews 5.4 415 reviews

Reviews for Montelukast

Bobo · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been taking allergy pills of one kind or another for 30 years, I call these my breather pills. I don't use them all the time, but when my other pills don't work I take these and they work wonderfully. I've noticed it's harder to get back to sleep after a potty break during the night, but otherwise nothing worse. A real life saver for me.”

Tom · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking the generic of singular for probably 4-5 years. I was having horrible sinus infections and stuffy feeling in my head continually. It completely relieved me of this problem. I have had some anxiety occasionally however I’ll take the trade off.”

A · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My allergies have caused me to be miserable for my entire life, ruining vacations and causing me to miss school. I have allergy and exercised induced asthma, disallowing me from doing things I love like hiking. My allergy symptoms have completely disappeared, and I am able to run and play without stopping every minute or so to catch my breath. One thing that has happened is that I am much more irritable, provokable, and angry. It has been hard to sleep as help. These are things to be aware of, but I personally will be looking for ways to solve these new issues because Singulair has given me a new life.”

Anonymous August 1, 2020

Singulair (montelukast) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Medication works well but has some crazy bad side effects’ First time I took it my allergies was from high pollen counts and mold and I was coughing ever second. I was scared but the singulair took the coughing away like right away. A week into the medication I woke up with night terrors so bad, dry heaving, a pending doom feeling. It was awful. Did not take the pill the next day and the side effect went away. Tried this again and it was like you got super sleepy but could not sleep. It was disastrous. I think a regular antihistamine would be better than this rubbish”

G-Unit · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

Singulair (montelukast) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was so happy taking this Singulair medication because it actually worked however I did have some stomach pains and some diarrhea but wow my allergies were gone! I did get a lil depressed on it but honestly it was worth it with my allergies gone!”

Covid L · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2020

For Asthma: “I started this drug as I developed asthma - like night time cough post covid (ie weeks after I was infectious) it’s been amazing”

Ellie July 27, 2020

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I stopped taking Montelukast after several years. Learned of an FDA warning re: cognitive effects. My breathing has worsened significantly in recent months. My breathing worsened this spring 2020 post MS exacerbation. My air conditioner was occupied by birds - mgmt. neglect of outside grille to prevent birds, bats, etc. I also use AC for MS. Tested neg. for SARS CoV2 April 2020. Started nebulizer yesterday to complement Advair. I will try Montelukast again. Mood wise I did not notice anything significant. Anxiety per MS is a given-like living on the edge of a cliff. Stupidity reigned in mgmt as they refused to clean the air conditioner for pathogens. They violated Fair Housing Law - acted in accordance with Human Rights. 30th Ann. of ADA 7-26-20!”

CeeBee July 26, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Began taking Montelukast in Feb for allergies. Covid hit and I assumed my anxiety and depression were due to the state of things. Last week I happened to check my blood pressure to find it at 140/90. As the night went on it got worse and I ended up at the ER where it was 227/125 and was being monitored for a heart attack/stroke. I’m a healthy 41 year old woman who doesn’t smoke, eats right, exercises and isn’t overweight. I’ve also been bruising easily on my legs. After another trip to the ER the next night for similar numbers I am now on meds for hypertension twice a day and I believe it’s all due to this drug. I’ve been off montelukast for a week and am hoping I’ll be able to come off the BP meds too once it has left my system. If you take this drug please monitor your blood pressure. It’s not listed as a side effect but have read dozens of cases where people’s BP skyrocketed as a result. The drug did work for my allergies but my heart health is far more important.”

Tayo · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2020

Singulair (montelukast) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I’ve been using this medication for a few days and the anxiety is so bad. I think I’m going off of it. It was so expensive to buy but I can’t handle the way it makes me feel.”

Peaches · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Dr recommended Singulair for post nasal drip and a cough. Took it 1 night and have decided to stop since I felt like I couldn’t breath and got a non stop cough! So one of side effects is cough! I’m trying to stop a cough, not make it worse! And all of the other horrific side effects that come with taking this drug, I’ll pass! No thank you! I’ll stick to Flonase which has helped me a lot!”

Daughter June 27, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My mom was on this medication I was not aware she was I just knew she was on something for her allergies. All the side effects listed that others are reporting on here, are exactly the same ones she had. I wish I would have done research known more about what had been prescribed My mother committed suicide a month and a half ago and we couldn't figure out why. My brother passed away tragically 11 years ago one of the hardest times of our lives and my parents and I made it through that. We were at a point where we didn't dwell on his death as much Things were looking up and our family was doing good I gave my parents 2 grandkids. No problems in my parents marriage. No problems with me. I had actually just sent a Mothers Day present that she never opened. I really hope people read reviews on this medicine and I'm glad others have shared their side effects to help others. I'm glad that my dad and I might have an answer to our many questions. Please do not take this med It should be taken off the market”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 24, 2020

For COPD: “I've had COPD for over 10 years and I was taking 1 montelukast 10mg in the evenings and after reading about half life of the drug it seemed to me to be must effective when I was asleep so walking is my exercise induced asthma I started taking my 1 10mg pill in the mornings and it has turned my activity around. I feel much MUCH better breathing in the daytime I can tell my bronchial tubes are open. I have had no night time issues either.”

Shan · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Doctor has advised me the drug 10 mg as my airways had severe swelling even I ca'nt talk 3 words together due to the shortness of breath but this med did magic resolve my issues made my life comfortable however it has some side effects like aggression, anxiety but I did deal with that I strongly recommend this med for allergies in respiratory system”

As · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 13, 2020

For Asthma: “My son has been taking montelukast from age 3 to 7 years. He went onto it for viral induced wheeze/asthma. He also has hayfever. Recently age 7 he has been developing skin rashes/bruises on his shins which is a known side effect of this medication. He regularly would complain his legs hurt even before the rashes started. The Doctor has told us to come off the medication. Its day 3 since he is off the meds now. He has also been an anxious child who lacks confidence. I dont know if the anxiety is related to the medication.”

sneezy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This montelukast seems to have zero effect on my allergies”

Spettro · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

For Asthma: “I have reactive airway disease and I really get hit hard with the wheezing during allergy season. I can honestly say that this stuff is fantastic and really works. Although it takes about 4-5 days to kick in to clear up my breathing. The only negative is that it gives me the worst constipation imaginable. So unfortunately I have to stop for now. I read another review where the person had constipation with Singulair but resolved it by taking magnesium. So I'm going to give that a try and see what happens.”

Tom May 25, 2020

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “Singulair was helping my breathing while I was continuing using it but I wasn’t ok at all, and I just figured out that around 15 days since last dosage after 7-8 months of using 10 mg, I had hard breathing, headache, Feeling nausea, insomnia, sleepless, shaking, and a rapid of fast heartbeat but the big problem was my the mental issue, so mood changed negatively and has depression and anxiety. However, after the hard time visiting many doctors to find the problems, I found that after reading people experiences over multiple websites it’s the singulair plus it returned me back to past around 5-6 months ago when I was stopped taking it, I remembered I been to emergency had several side effects till I took it again once a day before sleeping. I am not Recovered a 100% but for sure I will be ok very soon since I quit turkey taking this pill and I hope everyone is ok. Please ask a qualified doctor before use it and make sure to know the side effects and when to use and stop.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I had a severe allergic reaction to montelukast. Skin rash, difficulty breathing, high blood pressure, hot flash, legs tingly. Weird dreams, cough worse. Quit taking after 2 days. Feel terrible on it.”

Gato · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I can't believe that montelukast was the reason I was feeling so depressed, anxious even my legs so shaky, I didn't understand why I was so moody and trying to isolate myself from my family. After reading the reviews for this medication I realized I wasn't alone , I'm going to stop this medication today. Please stop taking this medication if you start developing Anxiety or depression and ask your doctor for something else. Good luck everybody!”

Sandra62 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

Singulair (montelukast) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was given this medication Singulair for chronic nasal congestion and Rhinitis. After about 2 months, I started to notice my mood changing. I was more argumentative almost to the point of aggression. When I started to have bizarre dreams I then researched the side effects of this drug. Here is what was listed: mental/mood changes (such as agitation, aggression, anxiety, trouble sleeping, abnormal dreams, sleep-walking, memory/attention problems, depression, hallucinations, thoughts of harming yourself/suicide). I immediately stopped taking this medication (it wasn't helping that much anyway) and these side effects have stopped completely. PLEASE be mindful of ALL the side effects of any medications you are taking! I never would have believed that something to help with nasal congestion could cause such problems.”

Pat April 18, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Only day 2 of taking this drug and thankful that I remembered that taking a new med could be the culprit when having symptoms. This site validated my concerns. I woke up and was very tired in such a way that I didn't connect it to a medication. I began getting very anxious and with some slight undercurrent of something negative. My always stuffy nose became worse and I felt flushed. I am unable to sleep. I was going to try to make it until day 3, but after seeing these experiences, I don't see anything positive in my taking this med. I cannot wait to get it out my system.”

Corky · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

Singulair (montelukast) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking Singular now for 3 weeks. The only problem I find is, I take high blood pressure medication and my blood pressure has been normal for ages but, Singular has made it high. I've been watching my BP morning, noon, and night. In a month or so if it doesn't go down I will stop taking it or talk to my doctor. But, all in all, sure does work great. I can breath ALL the time. And I wake up without a very bad stuffy nose.”

Nurse · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Went to the doctor because this time every year,I have problems with pollen and asthma exacerbation. He gave my generic Singulair 20 mg once a day. The first dose I felt like I could breath better. Then the next day took the second dose. That night I woke up with a panic attack, my heart rate was over 130. This medicine is a dangerous medicine. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Please reconsider before taking this medicine.”

Ehlers · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2020

“Taking montelukast 10mg. dose for MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome). Have had great results, especially with my stomach issues. Has also helped with sinus issues, chronic urticaria, and shortness of breath from COPD. I must admit, I was a little nervous about taking it at first because of the known side effects, but I haven’t really had any. The only (minor) thing I had was some irritability when I first started taking it, but it didn’t last for long.”

d · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “After two weeks of using montelukast, I started having really bad nightmares, waking up early, feeling anxious. During the day, I would feel really tired, with pain in my ankles. Some days later, my memory got worse, I started forgetting words, was really slow, it just felt as if my mind was blank and I didn't know how to do basic stuff. I had very strange thoughts, felt really dark and in a bad place. Started feeling really depressed because of this, I was afraid that I'll loose control of myself, became a totally different person. It was then I read this page and started crying, when seeing that there were so many that had same issues. Stopped taking montelukast immediately, now it's been 72h off Montelukast and I'm feeling almost back to normal. The first day after the medicine was rough, but slowly it got better. Please take this and other users' experiences into account before starting the drug, it should be forbidden to take it.”