User Reviews for Metoprolol Tartrate

5.5

1 review 129 medications
Summary of Metoprolol Tartrate reviews 5.7 12 reviews

Reviews for Metoprolol Tartrate

For High Blood Pressure "I decided to try this medicine again for high blood pressure. It would make my blood bp okay but drop my pulse in 40s. Once again tried 1 pill 25mg started feeling like rubbish and my blood pressure still 150/100, and my pulse 48"

Glo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on this for about 10 years. First 50mg 2x daily and now for the past 2 years 25mg 2x daily, this is due to weight loss. It controls my high BP. Sometimes I have a fast heart beat, but that seems to be my only side effect."

ChefD (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2018

"Two months ago, My Husband had a tarry stool! We went to the ER! He had also expirenced high pulse rates. They did a colonoscopy and upper G.I.,found nothing! O2 was at 95% after procedure, he was on 3 liters of O2! Started him on 12.5mg twice daily. Now experiencing many side effects including rapid pulse, shortness of breath, a raised rash, and today his face started to swell! His voice sounds different as well! Also has edema, cold intolerance and is fidgeting! This was inappropriate medication as he’s never had a heart attack, angina, or chest pain. Pulse increase started after Prevnar13 shot! ER only found CO2 level increasing, so he’s now on a BIPAP! Only thing good we discovered from ER trip! Dr said to cut dosage in half for week, then only a quarter dose for one week! I’m worried and he’s not the same as before anesthesia! Too much was given!"

Started usage in ER! (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure "I have skin breakouts from this medication but I don't get migraines anymore or fast heartbeat."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2018

For Heart Attack "Had a quintuple bypass surgery in August 2015 following a massive heart attack in May of 2015, during which I "died" for three minutes immediately after arriving at the ER. I had suffered severe chest pain for two hours before going to the ER, which was stupid of me. I have been on Metoprolol Tartrate for 2.5 years now. 25 mg. twice daily. It seems to work fine, as my blood pressure is consistently around 116 over 64, and my heart rate is 54 BPM at last check-up two months ago. Before my heart attack, it was around 150 over 80, so a vast improvement there. I also am on a low dose (10 mg. daily) of Lisinopril, so that may help as well. The only side effect I am experiencing is severe exhaustion following a 10-hour shift at work. Age 57."

Giles Habibula (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "White spots In my mouth. It only works for ten hours and then my ears start ringing telling me that my blood pressure is up again."

Patty Mae (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "Had first bypass op in 1982, second a triple in 1992. I have been taking 50 mg tablet per day (for 25 years now age 84. I take half the tablet in morning and half at night ( my own method ) have found this best for me. Have a little Fibrillation from time to time, in the form of hard heavy beat lasting about half hour. My blood pressure is good tending a little to the low side, pulse normally around 55-60. Have not had side affects that I am aware of ?"

JohnB. June 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "I can only take 1/4 of a 25 mg tablet a day, and I still get extremely tired. Any more and it makes my blood pressure go up. 1/4 tablet keeps my blood pressure pretty normal on systolic, but heart rate and diastolic are too low.I have trouble breathing."

garden 10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2016

For Angina "Extreme fatigue Pressure in my head Headaches Dry mouth"

Boomer9392 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "In 2013 summertime, I have "Repair of Ascending Aortic Aneurysm" operation. The 50 mg Metoprolol is one of the main medication that help me in heart rate and hypertension. The Norvasc and Hydrochorlthadize are other medication that cannot without it . But the Diovan makes my heart uncomfortable. It took me a year to figured out.//"

Dchao55 April 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "This medication does keep my hypertension under control and also seems to effect my heart rate by lowering it by an average of 15--20 bpm. I take other medications that tend to raise my heart rate, so this medication is useful for me, in that regard. I have found that this medication is very sensitive to dosing propery. I have found that if I miss only a couple of doses, my blood pressure and heart rate start to increase."

captnjp61 January 14, 2015

For Heart Attack "I've been taking metoprolol for about 12 years now, 1 in the morning and 1 at night for the first 7 years and then dropped it to 1 morning and half at night and for the last 2 years. I've been on half morning and half at night, my heart rate was too low but apart from that I have had no other problems."

borrisbb (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2014

For Heart Attack "I'm a 52 YO male in fairly good shape. I started taking Metoprolol, 50mg twice a day after suffering a cardiac arrest earlier this year, in April. It has been very effective in controlling my blood pressure and keeping my heart rate low. The side effects are becoming unbearable now though. I'm tired, and have a lot of trouble focusing on my work during the day, have a lot of restless nights of tossing and turning, and have now developed a rash under my arms. I think it also contributes to erectile dysfunction. I spoke to my cardiologist about all this today, and he's cutting my dose in half. I'm hoping some of these side effects will diminish when I cut down to 25mg twice a day."

Rob_B62 July 28, 2014