User Reviews for Metoprolol Tartrate

High Blood Pressure 4.6
Summary of Metoprolol Tartrate reviews 5.0 21 reviews

Reviews for Metoprolol Tartrate

Reverend · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 13, 2020

For Heart Attack: “Greetings:, I have been on metoprolol tartrate for years now for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), and I love it, they have "tried" me on "Others", But Besides That "LOW" Feeling, it's O.K., I just think they need to tailor, and (or) tweak my dose 50MG's X 2 A day, But besides that I'm sold!”

anikasonline · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 28, 2020

“I’ve had Graves’ disease since I was 14, so my cardiologist and endocrinologist thinks that that’s where my severe SVT symptoms came from. Heart rate can go up to 160-180, nauseas, black outs, extreme nausea, head spinning, you name it. So I’ve been on this medication metoprolol since I was 14 and I’m almost 20. I still have strange flutters and what feels like bubbling sometimes. I don’t know what to do about it, but I take this to control the extremely fast heart rate”

eileenmaud · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 8, 2020

“I have been taking 40mg telmisartan at night for HBP. I also take a baby aspirin and a statin for coronary artery disease and 10mg omeprazole for Barretts. I began experiencing frequent PVC's and my blood pressure was still too high, so my cardiologist added 25mg metoprolol tartrate in the morning. He subsequently added a half tablet of Metoprolol at night. Which helped the HBP but did not completely end the arrhythmia. Over 30 years ago, I was diagnosed with a chronic form of adult asthma. In 2018, a pulmonary specialist replaced Symbicort (two puffs twice a day ) with generic Singular, which I also stopped taking. However, for the past month I have been experiencing a wheezing cough, runny nose and tightness in my chest suggesting my asthma is active. Will be checking with my cardiologist and pulmonary specialist to see if the metoprolol should be replaced since the arrhythmia has returned and use of a beta-blocker may be contraindicated for asthma patients.”

Betty December 10, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Have taken Atenolol 25 mg for about 30 years. Had episode of AFib. Had a Cardioversion. It worked, but elected to have Cardiac Ablation. Went back to Atenolol 25 mg twice a day and heart rate went into the 40's. Felt awful, light headed. Dr. took me off Atenolol and put me on Metropol ER 25 mg twice a day. Initially, no problems, then bad effects. Can't sleep. would go to bed at 11 pm and wake up at 3 am. Heart was knocking, heart rate in 80's. Experienced internal heat. Felt like my body was on fire. If I did sleep, had nightmares. Body feels wired. Dr. changed me to Metropol plain. Not extended release but upped dosage to 50 mg twice a day. By evening, on 2nd pill and side effects hit me. Up at 1:30 am, terrible internal heat, low sugar. Drank coke to raise sugar. Have decided I can't take this pill anymore. Took a Benadryl at 2 am, by 2:30, the heat is letting up. Pulse is 50 - 44. BP is 170/76.”

Mimi · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 12, 2019

“Had heart stopped, my vitals was bp 203/197 and heart rate was 253 and climbing, they used adenacard ! They put me on metoprolol tar Heart been stopped 4 times. Had ablation on 4/22/05, Have small runs but not bad, now I had norwalk virus a month ago, It stressed my heart, now the metoprolol won't control my heart any more! Please help! Any information please! Thanks”

Rick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Been taking Metoprolol 50mg bid and Diltiazem 120mg bid and Eliquis 5mg bid for HBP and A- Fib keeps. BP under control but pulse seems too low anywhere from 40 to 60 on days of normal sinus rhythms. Makes me feel light headed and concerns me lately. I cut 50mg in half of Metoprolol that seems to do the trick where BP goes to 100 over 80 and pulse stays around 55 or 60 I hate that feeling when pulse is in the 40 s. If I don't take these meds my A-Fib starts up and plus can get up to 180 scary feeling. So yes it helps a lot, but I need to ask DR about decreasing dose of Metoprolol maybe.”

Y · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

For Angina: “I like this pill. It relaxes me. My blood pressure went down and my chest pain has greatly decreased. I've been on it for less than a month.”

No 5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

“I was on the lowest does and they had me take 1/2 a pill 2x a day (morning & night) for PVC's I did so for a month. It didn't do anything so they changed the dosage to 1 full pill (same strength) 2x a day. I did and it still did nothing for me. My heart still felt like a fish flopping out of water.”

Constant · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I am on this for tachicardia and the metoprolol seems to do fine in lowering pulse rate as mine would be @ 125-130 at resting. Blood pressure was a little elevated. Seems to get to low now. I take 25 mg in morning and evening. I'm a 55 years young female now diagnosed with PVC and sinus tachycardia. No blockages. Also COPD.”

Dove · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I was given metropolol in the hospital in December 2018 after valve surgery. 25 mg morning and night. I was already on Micardis for high blood pressure. I guess that is standard with valve surgery. Well here it is March and I have tremendous joint pain all over. My toes are blue and I am cold all the time. Have a call into my cardio as I want to get off of this med and hope this pain goes away.”

OJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I had to stop taking metoprolol as it gave me an irregular heartbeat. Rapid pulse and did not lower my blood pressure. I had to stop taking it.”

Mars12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I've been on metroprolol for 3 months at a dose of 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. I've had by-pass surgery and a valve replaced. This keeps my heart rate low but my blood pressure is up with metoprolol, as high as 170/80. I take in along with furosemide (40mg).”

Ken · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 19, 2019

For Heart Attack: “I was put on metoprolol in 2010 25mg twice a day. I have just slowly tapered myself off. I wanna tell you I haven't felt this good in 9 years. I wished I had never taken it seriously”

Glo · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I decided to try this medicine again for high blood pressure. It would make my blood bp okay but drop my pulse in 40s. Once again tried 1 pill 25mg started feeling like rubbish and my blood pressure still 150/100, and my pulse 48”

ChefD · Taken for 10 years or more May 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on this for about 10 years. First 50mg 2x daily and now for the past 2 years 25mg 2x daily, this is due to weight loss. It controls my high BP. Sometimes I have a fast heart beat, but that seems to be my only side effect.”

Started usage in ER! · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2018

“Two months ago, My Husband had a tarry stool! We went to the ER! He had also expirenced high pulse rates. They did a colonoscopy and upper G.I.,found nothing! O2 was at 95% after procedure, he was on 3 liters of O2! Started him on 12.5mg twice daily. Now experiencing many side effects including rapid pulse, shortness of breath, a raised rash, and today his face started to swell! His voice sounds different as well! Also has edema, cold intolerance and is fidgeting! This was inappropriate medication as he’s never had a heart attack, angina, or chest pain. Pulse increase started after Prevnar13 shot! ER only found CO2 level increasing, so he’s now on a BIPAP! Only thing good we discovered from ER trip! Dr said to cut dosage in half for week, then only a quarter dose for one week! I’m worried and he’s not the same as before anesthesia! Too much was given!”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I have skin breakouts from this medication but I don't get migraines anymore or fast heartbeat.”

Giles Habibula · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 13, 2017

For Heart Attack: “Had a quintuple bypass surgery in August 2015 following a massive heart attack in May of 2015, during which I "died" for three minutes immediately after arriving at the ER. I had suffered severe chest pain for two hours before going to the ER, which was stupid of me. I have been on Metoprolol Tartrate for 2.5 years now. 25 mg. twice daily. It seems to work fine, as my blood pressure is consistently around 116 over 64, and my heart rate is 54 BPM at last check-up two months ago. Before my heart attack, it was around 150 over 80, so a vast improvement there. I also am on a low dose (10 mg. daily) of Lisinopril, so that may help as well. The only side effect I am experiencing is severe exhaustion following a 10-hour shift at work. Age 57.”

Patty Mae · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “White spots In my mouth. It only works for ten hours and then my ears start ringing telling me that my blood pressure is up again.”

JohnB. June 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Had first bypass op in 1982, second a triple in 1992. I have been taking 50 mg tablet per day (for 25 years now age 84. I take half the tablet in morning and half at night ( my own method ) have found this best for me. Have a little Fibrillation from time to time, in the form of hard heavy beat lasting about half hour. My blood pressure is good tending a little to the low side, pulse normally around 55-60. Have not had side affects that I am aware of ?”

garden 10 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I can only take 1/4 of a 25 mg tablet a day, and I still get extremely tired. Any more and it makes my blood pressure go up. 1/4 tablet keeps my blood pressure pretty normal on systolic, but heart rate and diastolic are too low.I have trouble breathing.”

Boomer9392 · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2016

For Angina: “Extreme fatigue Pressure in my head Headaches Dry mouth”

Dchao55 April 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “In 2013 summertime, I have "Repair of Ascending Aortic Aneurysm" operation. The 50 mg Metoprolol is one of the main medication that help me in heart rate and hypertension. The Norvasc and Hydrochorlthadize are other medication that cannot without it . But the Diovan makes my heart uncomfortable. It took me a year to figured out.//”

captnjp61 January 14, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “This medication does keep my hypertension under control and also seems to effect my heart rate by lowering it by an average of 15--20 bpm. I take other medications that tend to raise my heart rate, so this medication is useful for me, in that regard. I have found that this medication is very sensitive to dosing propery. I have found that if I miss only a couple of doses, my blood pressure and heart rate start to increase.”

borrisbb · Taken for 10 years or more December 26, 2014

For Heart Attack: “I've been taking metoprolol for about 12 years now, 1 in the morning and 1 at night for the first 7 years and then dropped it to 1 morning and half at night and for the last 2 years. I've been on half morning and half at night, my heart rate was too low but apart from that I have had no other problems.”