User Reviews for Metoprolol Tartrate

Learn more about Metoprolol Tartrate.

Heart Attack 2 reviews 121 medications

High Blood Pressure 3 reviews 264 medications

5.7
Angina 1 reviews 128 medications

5.5
Summary of Metoprolol Tartrate reviews 6 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Metoprolol Tartrate

For High Blood Pressure "I can only take 1/4 of a 25 mg tablet a day, and I still get extremely tired. Any more and it makes my blood pressure go up. 1/4 tablet keeps my blood pressure pretty normal on systolic, but heart rate and diastolic are too low.I have trouble breathing."

garden 10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2016

For Angina "Extreme fatigue Pressure in my head Headaches Dry mouth"

Boomer9392 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "In 2013 summertime, I have "Repair of Ascending Aortic Aneurysm" operation. The 50 mg Metoprolol is one of the main medication that help me in heart rate and hypertension. The Norvasc and Hydrochorlthadize are other medication that cannot without it . But the Diovan makes my heart uncomfortable. It took me a year to figured out.//"

Dchao55 April 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "This medication does keep my hypertension under control and also seems to effect my heart rate by lowering it by an average of 15--20 bpm. I take other medications that tend to raise my heart rate, so this medication is useful for me, in that regard. I have found that this medication is very sensitive to dosing propery. I have found that if I miss only a couple of doses, my blood pressure and heart rate start to increase."

captnjp61 January 14, 2015

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Heart Attack "I've been taking metoprolol for about 12 years now, 1 in the morning and 1 at night for the first 7 years and then dropped it to 1 morning and half at night and for the last 2 years. I've been on half morning and half at night, my heart rate was too low but apart from that I have had no other problems."

borrisbb (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2014

For Heart Attack "I'm a 52 YO male in fairly good shape. I started taking Metoprolol, 50mg twice a day after suffering a cardiac arrest earlier this year, in April. It has been very effective in controlling my blood pressure and keeping my heart rate low. The side effects are becoming unbearable now though. I'm tired, and have a lot of trouble focusing on my work during the day, have a lot of restless nights of tossing and turning, and have now developed a rash under my arms. I think it also contributes to erectile dysfunction. I spoke to my cardiologist about all this today, and he's cutting my dose in half. I'm hoping some of these side effects will diminish when I cut down to 25mg twice a day."

Rob_B62 July 28, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate