User Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Also known as: Absorbine Jr., Aloe Vera Liniment, Analgesic Balm, Analgesic Balm Greaseless, Arthricare Cream, Banalg, Banalg Hospital Strength, BENGAY Original, Boroleum, Castiva Cooling, Cold & Hot Pain Relief, Cooling Gel, Deep Down Pain Relief, Duraflex Comfort, Eucalyptamint, Exocaine Plus, Flex-All 454, Flex-All 454 Maximum Strength, Flex-All 454 Ultra Plus, Gordogesic, Heet Analgesic Liniment, Heet Triple Action, Menthol C, Mentholatum Deep Heating, Mentholatum Ointment, Mentholatum Pain Gel, Mentholatum Pain Patch, Minit Rub, Nephro-Derm, Pain Stick Arthritis Formula, Pain Stick Sports Formula, PainZone, Panalgesic Gold, Penetran Pain Relieving, Precise Pain Relieving, Rhuli Gel, Salonpas Pain Gel, Salonpas Pain Patch, Salonpas Pain Spray, Satogesic, Satogesic Hot Gel, Satogesic Pad, Thera-P Blue, Therapeutic Pain Relief, Ultra Strength Muscle Rub, Vaporizing Cold Rub, Wintergreen Oil …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methyl salicylate.

Methyl salicylate Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Pain.

Reviews for Methyl salicylate to treat Muscle Pain

"I placed Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Gel Pain Relieving Gel (as on the tube) on the inside of my knee generously as per directions, but not much at all four hours later a small amount. About thirty minutes after the second application I became very nauseated for hours and felt if I was going to have diahrea. At this time. I still hours later feel no better. I did however wash it off as soon as I read the side effects."

Kkandu (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): "I've used salon pas for years, I have boxes of them in my car or at home. Even at work. But these new patches aren't good at all. I put it on and almost immediately them crinkle up and lift up. It really sucks because I like salon pas better than the other pain relieving patches. I guess I'll have to try something different. Something that'll stay on at least. I hope you all bring back the old patches or figure out a different types because these really suck!"

HI808 (taken for 10 years or more) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): "I too have used these patches for year, the white ones. They would stay on for hours and hours. Now the new beige thin ones won't stay on at all. Used one on my wrist, fell off after 45 min of constant pushing it down in place. Use a new one after that....lasted less than 30 min. They have lost a good customer with this "on the cheap" adhesive."

bjlyons August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): "Never buy this again. Salonpas Lidocaine patch never touched my pain. I couldn't tell I had it on. Couldn't never feel the medicine doing anything. $10 dollars for the box. Now I'm stuck with my pain and patches that don't work."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recently tried Ultra Strength Bengay, and found it to be a poor quality, worthless, useless, rip off of a product that did nothing. I might as well have used water. It did not heat up, and I could not even tell that I had applied it, although I know of course that I did."

NatC April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): "I used 2 of the Salonpas with Lidocaine patches for muscle pain in my shoulder and neck area. Started getting a rash after the second application. The rash is in the shape of the patch, very itchy and bumpy and looks like it could blister."

KimHutch March 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): "Got my free sample of salonpas pain patch the same day I worked 8 straight hours. I work in a Vets office in the kennel and most days we do 20 to 30 dog baths a day. I was exhausted and sore and I just knew I would be sore and unable to move the next day, but I applied solonpas pain patch before bed and woke up ready to face another day. I would recommend this to everyone and I will be purchasing more. Thank you for the free sample, it really works!"

Tiaffales30 March 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Panalgesic Gold (methyl salicylate): "there were no negative side effect. I have used it for several years. However, now im unable to buy it anywhere. please help i really use this instead of taking pills. i tried this several years ago. i think it cost like 5-6 dollars, but i purchased it at eckerds now cvs on clearance for 1.50."

ms m (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate): "I have tried all types of pain relief. Finally I found Salonpas gel on the shelf at Walgreens. I'm a nurse and the long hours are taking a toll on my back and hips. I must say it works wonders. It's worth the odor, which goes away after a while. I have shared the Salonpas gel with 5 of my friends and co-workers. They all love it. Unfortunately the price has increased since I started using it. Anyway I can get coupons? Greatly recommended. Even better than steroid injections and pain pills."

mjb and 5 others (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate): "I have bursitis in both hips that developed prior to back surgery. The pain is bearable during the day, but at night, I wake up with pain because I'm a side sleeper. I started using Salonpas gel and, I have been able to sleep through the night without waking. I get cortizone injections when needed, but when I can't get an appointment quick enough, this is fantastic! And for roughly $8.00 at Walmart... you can't beat it!"

Nathalie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): "The adhesive used for these particular patches works a lot better than the other comparable products on the market by far. As long as you get them on straight and unwrinkled the first time, they will stay on for virtually as long as they last, which also happens to exceed comparable products by far. Couple this with the much less expensive price and you have three reasons why this is simply a superior product to the others. It should be noted that the one time I almost bought another name brand product similar to that of SalonPas, the pharmacist, without solicitation or knowing I had a preferance, recommended I go elsewhere to find SalonPas, as they were far superior in his opinion as well."

fenix7 June 7, 2010