User Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Also known as: Absorbine Jr., Aloe Vera Liniment, Analgesic Balm, Analgesic Balm Greaseless, Arthricare Cream, Banalg, Banalg Hospital Strength, BENGAY Original, Boroleum, Castiva Cooling, Cold & Hot Pain Relief, Cooling Gel, Deep Down Pain Relief, Duraflex Comfort, Eucalyptamint, Exocaine Plus, Flex-All 454, Flex-All 454 Maximum Strength, Flex-All 454 Ultra Plus, Gordogesic, Heet Analgesic Liniment, Heet Triple Action, Menthol C, Mentholatum Deep Heating, Mentholatum Ointment, Mentholatum Pain Gel, Mentholatum Pain Patch, Minit Rub, Nephro-Derm, Pain Stick Arthritis Formula, Pain Stick Sports Formula, PainZone, Panalgesic Gold, Penetran Pain Relieving, Precise Pain Relieving, Rhuli Gel, Salonpas Pain Gel, Salonpas Pain Patch, Salonpas Pain Spray, Satogesic, Satogesic Hot Gel, Satogesic Pad, Thera-P Blue, Therapeutic Pain Relief, Ultra Strength Muscle Rub, Vaporizing Cold Rub, Wintergreen Oil …show all brand names

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Osteoarthritis
6.7

Muscle Pain
4.2

Summary of Methyl salicylate reviews 5.0 34 reviews

Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Stuck on salonpas on my strained ankle and within few hours, had a patch of red rashes with blisters. 1 week later, the whole patch became scaly and thick with countless blisters that broke and crusted. This is some dangerous medicatec plaster. I never had an allergy that bad!"

Jillie (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I've been using salonpas for years, and it was really good, its sticks really well on my skin. But when they changed it, it sucks!!!! You put it and come off in a seconds, plus it wastes a lot of plastics. Before the way the patch was back to back in one plastic sheet, now single patch in every plastic sheet, bad for the environment. What a big disappointment!!!!!!! From now on I will go for the competitor. Don't buy this salompas it's a big waste of money!!!!"

IBH (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "As these patches with Lidocaine REFUSE TO STICK TO THE SKIN, they are a waste of money. They simply curl up after a short period of time thus making them useless. Bought two boxes from Costco; one is being returned for the above reason."

shasta (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Major chemical burn!! In 2 locations!! I have used these before and no problem?! Now I have joint pain and chemical burn pain!! ☹️☹️"

Mb (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "They don't even have the type of patch I used listed but I used a capsium patch and it not only did not work, felt no heat...but I got a chemical burn. Salonpas is based in Japan..they only use a company here called Noven to distribute their japanese product. They did not want to admit their product did any wrong. I had pictures to prove this. Finally had a attorney contact me and am trying to resolve my claim. Watch out for salonpas products. They really don't care what the product does to you."

Cindy (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

Pain Stick Sports Formula (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Be careful overusing. It’s will feel like your are burning. It’s does very little if you are feeing muscle that is actually caused by a pinched nerve. If you have nerve pain and not inflammation ..... Ya need an opioid. All otc meds treat inflammation and not nerve pain."

Icy Very Hot (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Purchased the Salonpas Pain Relieving Gel-Patch HOT for muscle pain in my shoulder at the recommendation of a pharmacist. The box I purchased had an expiration date of 10- 2019, however not one of the first three patches I used created any heat whatsoever. Pathetic product. Threw the remaining 3 patches in the trash and went back to TheraMax heat patches which are excellent."

Chuck (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "patch worthless, doesn't work"

taklai (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "These patches don't stay on at all. They are a waste of money. I used to buy the dollar general brand before and they stayed on forever, but dollar general no longer carry what I used to buy so I tried salonpas patch which was a waste of money."

pjellis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Have used for four or five years with no side effects...muscle strain Four days ago after Pilates in left-side neck, upper cervical, scapula. Applied four patches across back of neck; woke up three hours later, different tingling burning pain. Attributed to continued muscle strain; removed patches five hours later, showered. Several hours later noted more strained discomfort, burning; felt bumps in my scalp close to posterior neck. Slept restlessly and with continued burning sensation. Husband noted red bumps and marks over left side of neck. Called your customer care line; closed. Called Costco where purchased Lot SAO8U Exp 09/2019. "

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I highly recommend the Salonpas patch. It gives hours of relief.I used on low back pain."

SGWalker February 1, 2018

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I have used the patches for 15 years. Somebody got the bright idea to change the material - probably bought out by another company and they don't stick at all. Waste of money. So sad."

Malish December 8, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I used to purchase Salon Pas patches years ago and I never had an issue. I just recently bought 2 packs of 20 and I later started to notice that my elbow was itching and becoming more and more crusty. I removed the bandages and now my skin looks like its white with a rash. Whats going on with this product that used to be so good and a product that I could trust. Did you change manufacturers?"

MZZ.tP (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "10-15 min after applying, face started swelling, did not feel good. Had to be given Benadryl injection"

Nonne November 29, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The amount of pain creams I have tried for my arthritis is honestly crazy, but the one I have stuck with for the last 7 months is Absorbine Jr. The cream moisturizes while its relieving the pain so my skin still feels healthy after using it. Some other creams I used dried out my skin and irritated it. This just feels like I'm moisturizing while also gaining pain relief to go about my daily life as usual. Honestly a life saver."

AlMoore44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 10, 2017

For Muscle Pain: "I placed Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Gel Pain Relieving Gel (as on the tube) on the inside of my knee generously as per directions, but not much at all four hours later a small amount. About thirty minutes after the second application I became very nauseated for hours and felt if I was going to have diahrea. At this time. I still hours later feel no better. I did however wash it off as soon as I read the side effects."

Kkandu (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Panalgesic Gold (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "Over the course of years I have tried so so many rubs and ointments without really having relief. I have been trying to find this rub for years, and trying to use this bottle sparingly. This bottle was given to me by a friend who is no longer with us. The relief is amazing, please where do you get this?"

fweet September 26, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I used the patch and because I thought it was helping reduce the pain of my tendonitis of my wrists, I continued using it. The pain of neither wrist got worse and my palm hurt and also the fingers. A week ago after using Salonpas pain patch for over three months, my wrists have swollen and the pain is excruciating. I went back too my doctor but because he was not aware that I had used the patch for a long time, he thought the swelling of the wrists were due to rheumatoid arthritis. The swelling is going down gradually. I would like to add here that I am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen. I read the label only yesterday!"

hivale (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been using these pain patches for several years and they were always very effective. However, since the new patches came out I have not been happy with them. They are still very effective in relieving pain but they will not stick as in the past. They very easily fall off. This was never a problem with the other patches."

what isn't? September 25, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I've used salon pas for years, I have boxes of them in my car or at home. Even at work. But these new patches aren't good at all. I put it on and almost immediately them crinkle up and lift up. It really sucks because I like salon pas better than the other pain relieving patches. I guess I'll have to try something different. Something that'll stay on at least. I hope you all bring back the old patches or figure out a different types because these really suck!"

HI808 (taken for 10 years or more) September 17, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have tried heat pads, freeze pads, gels tablets and I am really pleased I saw these advertised on the TV I tried them and I had no expectations at all. I was very surprised that they worked on my neck pain my hip pain back pain and have no complaints worth giving a go may not be suitable for everyone but worked for me."

Christine Jull August 27, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I too have used these patches for year, the white ones. They would stay on for hours and hours. Now the new beige thin ones won't stay on at all. Used one on my wrist, fell off after 45 min of constant pushing it down in place. Use a new one after that....lasted less than 30 min. They have lost a good customer with this "on the cheap" adhesive."

bjlyons August 12, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Never buy this again. Salonpas Lidocaine patch never touched my pain. I couldn't tell I had it on. Couldn't never feel the medicine doing anything. $10 dollars for the box. Now I'm stuck with my pain and patches that don't work."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried this for my pain from a 3 disc spinal fusion and I might as well have spread melted chocolate for all the good these things do. I tried the box of 20 patches, ingredients camphor, wintergreen and methyl salicylate. Don't waste your money. All you do is walk around reeking of camphor and wintergreen, and it has almost NO effect as far as pain. The ads for this are very deceiving. I'd rate this product with a minus if I had the option."

tearsofjadegmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have used salonpas forever and have always been satisfied with it. Now I noticed that you are using a different type of material and I don't feel it works as good. I normally put them on at night on neck and the new ones come off before morning. Old ones stayed on all night. Why did you make a change when what you had was just fine?"

Judy Lotton June 3, 2017