User Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Also known as: Absorbine Jr., Aloe Vera Liniment, Analgesic Balm, Analgesic Balm Greaseless, Arthricare Cream, Banalg, Banalg Hospital Strength, BENGAY Original, Boroleum, Castiva Cooling, Cold & Hot Pain Relief, Cooling Gel, Deep Down Pain Relief, Duraflex Comfort, Eucalyptamint, Exocaine Plus, Flex-All 454, Flex-All 454 Maximum Strength, Flex-All 454 Ultra Plus, Gordogesic, Heet Analgesic Liniment, Heet Triple Action, Menthol C, Mentholatum Deep Heating, Mentholatum Ointment, Mentholatum Pain Gel, Mentholatum Pain Patch, Minit Rub, Nephro-Derm, Pain Stick Arthritis Formula, Pain Stick Sports Formula, PainZone, Panalgesic Gold, Penetran Pain Relieving, Precise Pain Relieving, Rhuli Gel, Salonpas Pain Gel, Salonpas Pain Patch, Salonpas Pain Spray, Satogesic, Satogesic Hot Gel, Satogesic Pad, Thera-P Blue, Therapeutic Pain Relief, Ultra Strength Muscle Rub, Vaporizing Cold Rub, Wintergreen Oil …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methyl salicylate.

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Osteoarthritis
6.7

Muscle Pain
5.2

Summary of Methyl salicylate reviews 6.9 21 reviews

Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "10-15 min after applying, face started swelling, did not feel good. Had to be given Benadryl injection"

Nonne November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The amount of pain creams I have tried for my arthritis is honestly crazy, but the one I have stuck with for the last 7 months is Absorbine Jr. The cream moisturizes while its relieving the pain so my skin still feels healthy after using it. Some other creams I used dried out my skin and irritated it. This just feels like I'm moisturizing while also gaining pain relief to go about my daily life as usual. Honestly a life saver."

AlMoore44 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Pain: "I placed Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Gel Pain Relieving Gel (as on the tube) on the inside of my knee generously as per directions, but not much at all four hours later a small amount. About thirty minutes after the second application I became very nauseated for hours and felt if I was going to have diahrea. At this time. I still hours later feel no better. I did however wash it off as soon as I read the side effects."

Kkandu (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Panalgesic Gold (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "Over the course of years I have tried so so many rubs and ointments without really having relief. I have been trying to find this rub for years, and trying to use this bottle sparingly. This bottle was given to me by a friend who is no longer with us. The relief is amazing, please where do you get this?"

fweet September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I used the patch and because I thought it was helping reduce the pain of my tendonitis of my wrists, I continued using it. The pain of neither wrist got worse and my palm hurt and also the fingers. A week ago after using Salonpas pain patch for over three months, my wrists have swollen and the pain is excruciating. I went back too my doctor but because he was not aware that I had used the patch for a long time, he thought the swelling of the wrists were due to rheumatoid arthritis. The swelling is going down gradually. I would like to add here that I am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen. I read the label only yesterday!"

hivale (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been using these pain patches for several years and they were always very effective. However, since the new patches came out I have not been happy with them. They are still very effective in relieving pain but they will not stick as in the past. They very easily fall off. This was never a problem with the other patches."

what isn't? September 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I've used salon pas for years, I have boxes of them in my car or at home. Even at work. But these new patches aren't good at all. I put it on and almost immediately them crinkle up and lift up. It really sucks because I like salon pas better than the other pain relieving patches. I guess I'll have to try something different. Something that'll stay on at least. I hope you all bring back the old patches or figure out a different types because these really suck!"

HI808 (taken for 10 years or more) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have tried heat pads, freeze pads, gels tablets and I am really pleased I saw these advertised on the TV I tried them and I had no expectations at all. I was very surprised that they worked on my neck pain my hip pain back pain and have no complaints worth giving a go may not be suitable for everyone but worked for me."

Christine Jull August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I too have used these patches for year, the white ones. They would stay on for hours and hours. Now the new beige thin ones won't stay on at all. Used one on my wrist, fell off after 45 min of constant pushing it down in place. Use a new one after that....lasted less than 30 min. They have lost a good customer with this "on the cheap" adhesive."

bjlyons August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Never buy this again. Salonpas Lidocaine patch never touched my pain. I couldn't tell I had it on. Couldn't never feel the medicine doing anything. $10 dollars for the box. Now I'm stuck with my pain and patches that don't work."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried this for my pain from a 3 disc spinal fusion and I might as well have spread melted chocolate for all the good these things do. I tried the box of 20 patches, ingredients camphor, wintergreen and methyl salicylate. Don't waste your money. All you do is walk around reeking of camphor and wintergreen, and it has almost NO effect as far as pain. The ads for this are very deceiving. I'd rate this product with a minus if I had the option."

tearsofjadegmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have used salonpas forever and have always been satisfied with it. Now I noticed that you are using a different type of material and I don't feel it works as good. I normally put them on at night on neck and the new ones come off before morning. Old ones stayed on all night. Why did you make a change when what you had was just fine?"

Judy Lotton June 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "These patches have made life bearable and sleep possible. I was suffering from severe pain from arthritis and also ruptured discs. I have been able to function and go about life with the aid of these patches."

Barb W May 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Pain: "I recently tried Ultra Strength Bengay, and found it to be a poor quality, worthless, useless, rip off of a product that did nothing. I might as well have used water. It did not heat up, and I could not even tell that I had applied it, although I know of course that I did."

NatC April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I used 2 of the Salonpas with Lidocaine patches for muscle pain in my shoulder and neck area. Started getting a rash after the second application. The rash is in the shape of the patch, very itchy and bumpy and looks like it could blister."

KimHutch March 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Absorbine Jr. (methyl salicylate) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I used Absorbine Jr cream for arthritis pain relief because I am a motorcyclist that loves to ride. I love riding more than anything and I want to continue to ride until I'm 60. But when my arthritis acts up, my joints hurt and stiffen and it makes it very painful to ride. I couple times I had to pull over and have someone pick me up because I could barely drive start on the bike. Absorbine Jr gives me arthritis pain relief quick and allows me to get home without having to call someone to pick me up. While this is not a permanent solution and I will have to give up riding eventually, this product gives me more time to really enjoy what I lover to do. I will use Absorbine Jr until I can't ride anymore and it gives me a lot of joy too."

Arthritis Pain relief September 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Got my free sample of salonpas pain patch the same day I worked 8 straight hours. I work in a Vets office in the kennel and most days we do 20 to 30 dog baths a day. I was exhausted and sore and I just knew I would be sore and unable to move the next day, but I applied solonpas pain patch before bed and woke up ready to face another day. I would recommend this to everyone and I will be purchasing more. Thank you for the free sample, it really works!"

Tiaffales30 March 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Panalgesic Gold (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "there were no negative side effect. I have used it for several years. However, now im unable to buy it anywhere. please help i really use this instead of taking pills. i tried this several years ago. i think it cost like 5-6 dollars, but i purchased it at eckerds now cvs on clearance for 1.50."

ms m (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I have tried all types of pain relief. Finally I found Salonpas gel on the shelf at Walgreens. I'm a nurse and the long hours are taking a toll on my back and hips. I must say it works wonders. It's worth the odor, which goes away after a while. I have shared the Salonpas gel with 5 of my friends and co-workers. They all love it. Unfortunately the price has increased since I started using it. Anyway I can get coupons? Greatly recommended. Even better than steroid injections and pain pills."

mjb and 5 others (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I have bursitis in both hips that developed prior to back surgery. The pain is bearable during the day, but at night, I wake up with pain because I'm a side sleeper. I started using Salonpas gel and, I have been able to sleep through the night without waking. I get cortizone injections when needed, but when I can't get an appointment quick enough, this is fantastic! And for roughly $8.00 at Walmart... you can't beat it!"

Nathalie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "The adhesive used for these particular patches works a lot better than the other comparable products on the market by far. As long as you get them on straight and unwrinkled the first time, they will stay on for virtually as long as they last, which also happens to exceed comparable products by far. Couple this with the much less expensive price and you have three reasons why this is simply a superior product to the others. It should be noted that the one time I almost bought another name brand product similar to that of SalonPas, the pharmacist, without solicitation or knowing I had a preferance, recommended I go elsewhere to find SalonPas, as they were far superior in his opinion as well."

fenix7 June 7, 2010