User Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Also known as: Absorbine Jr., Aloe Vera Liniment, Analgesic Balm, Analgesic Balm Greaseless, Arthricare Cream, Banalg, Banalg Hospital Strength, BENGAY Original, Boroleum, Castiva Cooling, Cold & Hot Pain Relief, Cooling Gel, Deep Down Pain Relief, Duraflex Comfort, Eucalyptamint, ...show all 47 brand names

Learn more about Methyl salicylate.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 345 medications

Muscle Pain 9 reviews 348 medications

6.3
Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 350 medications

5.5
Summary of Methyl salicylate reviews 13 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I too have used these patches for year, the white ones. They would stay on for hours and hours. Now the new beige thin ones won't stay on at all. Used one on my wrist, fell off after 45 min of constant pushing it down in place. Use a new one after that....lasted less than 30 min. They have lost a good customer with this "on the cheap" adhesive."

bjlyons August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Never buy this again. Salonpas Lidocaine patch never touched my pain. I couldn't tell I had it on. Couldn't never feel the medicine doing anything. $10 dollars for the box. Now I'm stuck with my pain and patches that don't work."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried this for my pain from a 3 disc spinal fusion and I might as well have spread melted chocolate for all the good these things do. I tried the box of 20 patches, ingredients camphor, wintergreen and methyl salicylate. Don't waste your money. All you do is walk around reeking of camphor and wintergreen, and it has almost NO effect as far as pain. The ads for this are very deceiving. I'd rate this product with a minus if I had the option."

tearsofjadegmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have used salonpas forever and have always been satisfied with it. Now I noticed that you are using a different type of material and I don't feel it works as good. I normally put them on at night on neck and the new ones come off before morning. Old ones stayed on all night. Why did you make a change when what you had was just fine?"

Judy Lotton June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Osteoarthritis: "These patches have made life bearable and sleep possible. I was suffering from severe pain from arthritis and also ruptured discs. I have been able to function and go about life with the aid of these patches."

Barb W May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Pain: "I recently tried Ultra Strength Bengay, and found it to be a poor quality, worthless, useless, rip off of a product that did nothing. I might as well have used water. It did not heat up, and I could not even tell that I had applied it, although I know of course that I did."

NatC April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I used 2 of the Salonpas with Lidocaine patches for muscle pain in my shoulder and neck area. Started getting a rash after the second application. The rash is in the shape of the patch, very itchy and bumpy and looks like it could blister."

KimHutch March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Absorbine Jr. (methyl salicylate) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I used Absorbine Jr cream for arthritis pain relief because I am a motorcyclist that loves to ride. I love riding more than anything and I want to continue to ride until I'm 60. But when my arthritis acts up, my joints hurt and stiffen and it makes it very painful to ride. I couple times I had to pull over and have someone pick me up because I could barely drive start on the bike. Absorbine Jr gives me arthritis pain relief quick and allows me to get home without having to call someone to pick me up. While this is not a permanent solution and I will have to give up riding eventually, this product gives me more time to really enjoy what I lover to do. I will use Absorbine Jr until I can't ride anymore and it gives me a lot of joy too."

Arthritis Pain relief September 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "Got my free sample of salonpas pain patch the same day I worked 8 straight hours. I work in a Vets office in the kennel and most days we do 20 to 30 dog baths a day. I was exhausted and sore and I just knew I would be sore and unable to move the next day, but I applied solonpas pain patch before bed and woke up ready to face another day. I would recommend this to everyone and I will be purchasing more. Thank you for the free sample, it really works!"

Tiaffales30 March 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Panalgesic Gold (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "there were no negative side effect. I have used it for several years. However, now im unable to buy it anywhere. please help i really use this instead of taking pills. i tried this several years ago. i think it cost like 5-6 dollars, but i purchased it at eckerds now cvs on clearance for 1.50."

ms m (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I have tried all types of pain relief. Finally I found Salonpas gel on the shelf at Walgreens. I'm a nurse and the long hours are taking a toll on my back and hips. I must say it works wonders. It's worth the odor, which goes away after a while. I have shared the Salonpas gel with 5 of my friends and co-workers. They all love it. Unfortunately the price has increased since I started using it. Anyway I can get coupons? Greatly recommended. Even better than steroid injections and pain pills."

mjb and 5 others (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "I have bursitis in both hips that developed prior to back surgery. The pain is bearable during the day, but at night, I wake up with pain because I'm a side sleeper. I started using Salonpas gel and, I have been able to sleep through the night without waking. I get cortizone injections when needed, but when I can't get an appointment quick enough, this is fantastic! And for roughly $8.00 at Walmart... you can't beat it!"

Nathalie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: "The adhesive used for these particular patches works a lot better than the other comparable products on the market by far. As long as you get them on straight and unwrinkled the first time, they will stay on for virtually as long as they last, which also happens to exceed comparable products by far. Couple this with the much less expensive price and you have three reasons why this is simply a superior product to the others. It should be noted that the one time I almost bought another name brand product similar to that of SalonPas, the pharmacist, without solicitation or knowing I had a preferance, recommended I go elsewhere to find SalonPas, as they were far superior in his opinion as well."

fenix7 June 7, 2010