User Reviews for Metformin / sitagliptin

Also known as: Janumet, Janumet XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Metformin/sitagliptin.

Diabetes, Type 2
6.6

Summary of Metformin/sitagliptin reviews 6.6 47 reviews

Reviews for Metformin/sitagliptin

Janumet XR (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I get chills bad at night, can't keep warm. Weak no energy to do anything. Blurry vision sometimes. Not in the mood for anything at times. At the moment under going test for pancreatitis, but nothing on x rays."

Flabs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am a user of Janumet. It's not good that janumets packaging gives you a cut while opening its packaging since you are a diabetic thats why you are taking janumet"

Jake Gallano August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just started taking Janumet 1000 my yesterday. Luckily my daughter who studies Med at Uni read the instructions. I had a headache which she said was low blood sugar. After I ate something the headache disappeared. I have got severe diarrhea though both nights, OK in the morning???"

Ted Rob (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Janumet 50/1000 for the past 2 yrs, No side effects and my blood sugar levels and HbA1c is below 7 and I am quite satisfied with the medicine. But the medicine is very expensive, it is on a the higher side. Manufacturer must reduce its price in India and it should be brought under Price controlled Diabetic Drugs List"

Anantaram K (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication is overpriced rubbish. Maybe it works well for those who absolutely cannot control their eating, but I feel that I over paid for this drug for almost three years before talking to my doctor about the expense, and then having them adjust me back to metformin and glypizide, separately. My costs went from over $400 a month to $8 a month, and zero change in my levels. This drug is a scam by the manufacture in my opinion, and I'd like to rip somebody's head off at Merck. Do not fall for this; it's literally just a scam on the part of the greedy corporate drug companies"

wkhatch (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was taking FORXIGA for more then 3 months and my blood sugar after any meal was always around 180 -200. I was not happy, so I change doctor. She prescribed me JUNAMET, which I took for the first time this morning, after breakfast and my blood sugar is 126. I'm happy."

Iomeako February 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took this medicine for two weeks and had neck and back aches and lost my appetite. I could only manage to have breakfast, other mealtimes I just wasn't hungry. I had severe pains in my left side which I believe is pancreatitis. I have stopped taking this and replaced it with my old dose of Metformin (1000mg morning and evening). I will not take this medication again."

Ged_Ireland January 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Does not help, better when I was on metphomin alone"

MONIWA November 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been prescribed this combination of Metformin 500/ Sitagliptin50mg once a day in the morning dose. But it is not working as I am taking this for last 1 year, my HbA1c has raised to 7 from 5.7 Bad to note my Postprandial glucose levels are not in control where as with 1000Mg of Metformin over night I found the levels are more controlled. I dont understand what to do ? Because from controlled level this has gone uncontrolled. Sitagliptin is not working - thus I believe."

Zakir Amir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November of 2015. So my doctor did a glucose test which was fasting for me and my number was 279 on a empty stomach. My A1c a day or so later I was at 13.2 my doctor has put me on janumet 50/500. I was at 203lbs before the diagnosis and now April 2016 I'm approximately 180 pounds. I was losing weight before the diagnosis due to diabetes but I guess now since I've been working out over a month and a half and my eating habits have changed I guess and with the medicine I've dropped more weight. I guess overall my blood sugars are a whole lot better than they were before. A few headaches here and there and nausea but not so much of that. The medicine is okay I just don't want to lose anymore weight."

SleepyEyez April 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Janumet 50/1000MG for 7 months now and my blood sugar has dropped from 18.1 to approx 8 and general haemoglobin down from 120 to 50. Yes, occasionally a headache when I first wake up but after a cup of coffee and a few glasses of diet soda it's gone. (Every medicine has some type of side effects even aspirin so I feel you have to accept for example the odd headache) No other side effects. I am very happy with this medicine. I live in Denmark and because we have a world class health system (also 40% income tax) after you use approx $300 of your own money per year you get a rebate of 85% on all diabetes medicine plus 150 strips and lancets and blood sugar machine free per year"

Markie mark (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine had bad side effect for me. I have been on this Janumet 50/1000 mg for over one year now. I was taking it one time a day. It make me dizzy, nausea, vomiting after every meal, or whenever I ate something and night sweat. I used to weigh 230 lbs. at 5'10" wearing size 16 clothes. Now I weigh 175 lbs. wearing size 12 clothes. I had to get all new clothes. In one week I can lose 10 to 15 lbs. and still losing because I can not keep my food down.the Dr has me to come for followup appointment every 4 months. I informed my Dr. of the problem. He was amazed to see the weigh lose. I had aged 20 years. My hair had fell out. My skin was scaly not moisture and smooth. He told me instead of taking the Janumet everyday, take it every other day."

knovember21 December 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I take 50/ 500 twice a day .My glucose level is in the range of 150/330 despite using this medicine .I am going to consult my doctor soon for a replacement of medicine . I am also having side effects such as cold sweating ,skin rashes and I also fainted twice ."

Mrs.Ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am very much satisfied on the progressive action of janumet50/1000, my sugar which was above fasting- 200& pp was 330, after taking janumet it came down to fp-96, pp-137...I take it twice a day, since my glucose levels are keeping normal ,will reduced the dose to 1500 per day."

Souransu Rout September 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Janumet 50/500 twice a day worked wonderfully on me after having dignosed with diabetes around one year back with sugar level of 332/450 and HbA1c 13.5. Now my sugar level is in a range of 100/50 with HbA1c 6.2. I am a happy man."

Manish Kr (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Metformin (1000mg twice a day) and my A1C pretty much stayed at 6.0 to 6.2. Then another doctor (a flight surgeon) advised me to switch to Janumet 50/500 twice a day because he felt I was taking too much Metformin. Now my A1C is up to 6.4 and my glucose has jumped to the 240-250 range after a light breakfast (V8, low carb cereal and coffee). So next week I am going back to discuss other options with my regular doctor."

Bradly May 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Janumet for about a month now, and for the last couple of days I've been having severe throat pain. The pain is so severe I'll have to see a doctor tomorrow and I've already stopped taking it for two days now. It has worked well to reduce my blood sugar, but the side effects are just too much to bare."

Somewhere in SC (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My a1c has been 8 on metformin and Januvia. After 2 doses of janumet I went hypo. Feeling woozy and generally unwell. BP 159/61. Bad scene."

gerryk (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Increased depression causing extreme irritability, excessive muscular spasms with cramps in lower limbs."

retiartec (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "For many years, I had intestine cramps. I used to take medicines. By afternoon I used to again pain. Also cholesterol used to be high. Type 2: diabetic was identified. Since Nov 2013. I am using. Janumet 50/1000 bMy intestine aches zeroed. So is cholesterol. Levels. I feel good."

Gunnery October 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking Janumet for 11 months and my sugar level went from over 330 to 110 to 150..."

Sam1963 August 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Janumet after open heart surgery I October 2008 and it is wonderful my A1C is 5.7 has never been over 6 since starting Janumet 50/1000. My daughter is diabetic also her doctor had her on just meteor, I talked with them and explained how Janumet worked for me. They put her on it and she has been fine since. I love this medicine."

Bettyblueeyes April 7, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 6 months ago. I was given Janumet 50/500. It worked great until about a month ago. My sugar in the mornings have risen from the 120's to anywhere up to 190. I feel pretty bad in the mornings & sometimes throughout the day. I've also noticed I sweat at night. I get nauseated a lot and vomit at times. Not sure what my doc will do when my A1C results come back."

Chaotic State (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I take this medicine and my sugar still goes up when I eat. I have had a sever headache for about 6 weeks, i`m very dizzy all the time and all my bed is wet. When i`m awake I sweat all day. At times I have very bad acid reflux. It has made me unable to do anything all day long. I have been taking it for about 6 months. I'm calling my dr. In the morning."

hawkeye54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine raised my blood glucose from 170 to over 600. Also, when my A1c was taken they just put a 13 on it. After stopping it the blood glucose went down to 390, and I've been trying to lower it since. The only other medicine that caused this reaction was Avandimet. The common ingredient was metformin. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2012