User Reviews for Metformin / sitagliptin

Also known as: Janumet, Janumet XR

Learn more about Metformin/sitagliptin.

Diabetes, Type 2 39 reviews 138 medications

6.7
Summary of Metformin/sitagliptin reviews 39 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Metformin/sitagliptin

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been prescribed this combination of Metformin 500/ Sitagliptin50mg once a day in the morning dose. But it is not working as I am taking this for last 1 year, my HbA1c has raised to 7 from 5.7 Bad to note my Postprandial glucose levels are not in control where as with 1000Mg of Metformin over night I found the levels are more controlled. I dont understand what to do ? Because from controlled level this has gone uncontrolled. Sitagliptin is not working - thus I believe."

Zakir Amir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November of 2015. So my doctor did a glucose test which was fasting for me and my number was 279 on a empty stomach. My A1c a day or so later I was at 13.2 my doctor has put me on janumet 50/500. I was at 203lbs before the diagnosis and now April 2016 I'm approximately 180 pounds. I was losing weight before the diagnosis due to diabetes but I guess now since I've been working out over a month and a half and my eating habits have changed I guess and with the medicine I've dropped more weight. I guess overall my blood sugars are a whole lot better than they were before. A few headaches here and there and nausea but not so much of that. The medicine is okay I just don't want to lose anymore weight."

SleepyEyez April 19, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Janumet 50/1000MG for 7 months now and my blood sugar has dropped from 18.1 to approx 8 and general haemoglobin down from 120 to 50. Yes, occasionally a headache when I first wake up but after a cup of coffee and a few glasses of diet soda it's gone. (Every medicine has some type of side effects even aspirin so I feel you have to accept for example the odd headache) No other side effects. I am very happy with this medicine. I live in Denmark and because we have a world class health system (also 40% income tax) after you use approx $300 of your own money per year you get a rebate of 85% on all diabetes medicine plus 150 strips and lancets and blood sugar machine free per year"

Markie mark (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine had bad side effect for me. I have been on this Janumet 50/1000 mg for over one year now. I was taking it one time a day. It make me dizzy, nausea, vomiting after every meal, or whenever I ate something and night sweat. I used to weigh 230 lbs. at 5'10" wearing size 16 clothes. Now I weigh 175 lbs. wearing size 12 clothes. I had to get all new clothes. In one week I can lose 10 to 15 lbs. and still losing because I can not keep my food down.the Dr has me to come for followup appointment every 4 months. I informed my Dr. of the problem. He was amazed to see the weigh lose. I had aged 20 years. My hair had fell out. My skin was scaly not moisture and smooth. He told me instead of taking the Janumet everyday, take it every other day."

knovember21 December 22, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I take 50/ 500 twice a day .My glucose level is in the range of 150/330 despite using this medicine .I am going to consult my doctor soon for a replacement of medicine . I am also having side effects such as cold sweating ,skin rashes and I also fainted twice ."

Mrs.Ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am very much satisfied on the progressive action of janumet50/1000, my sugar which was above fasting- 200& pp was 330, after taking janumet it came down to fp-96, pp-137...I take it twice a day, since my glucose levels are keeping normal ,will reduced the dose to 1500 per day."

Souransu Rout September 13, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Janumet 50/500 twice a day worked wonderfully on me after having dignosed with diabetes around one year back with sugar level of 332/450 and HbA1c 13.5. Now my sugar level is in a range of 100/50 with HbA1c 6.2. I am a happy man."

Manish Kr (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Metformin (1000mg twice a day) and my A1C pretty much stayed at 6.0 to 6.2. Then another doctor (a flight surgeon) advised me to switch to Janumet 50/500 twice a day because he felt I was taking too much Metformin. Now my A1C is up to 6.4 and my glucose has jumped to the 240-250 range after a light breakfast (V8, low carb cereal and coffee). So next week I am going back to discuss other options with my regular doctor."

Bradly May 7, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Janumet for about a month now, and for the last couple of days I've been having severe throat pain. The pain is so severe I'll have to see a doctor tomorrow and I've already stopped taking it for two days now. It has worked well to reduce my blood sugar, but the side effects are just too much to bare."

Somewhere in SC (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My a1c has been 8 on metformin and Januvia. After 2 doses of janumet I went hypo. Feeling woozy and generally unwell. BP 159/61. Bad scene."

gerryk (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Increased depression causing extreme irritability, excessive muscular spasms with cramps in lower limbs."

retiartec (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "For many years, I had intestine cramps. I used to take medicines. By afternoon I used to again pain. Also cholesterol used to be high. Type 2: diabetic was identified. Since Nov 2013. I am using. Janumet 50/1000 bMy intestine aches zeroed. So is cholesterol. Levels. I feel good."

Gunnery October 30, 2014

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking Janumet for 11 months and my sugar level went from over 330 to 110 to 150..."

Sam1963 August 20, 2014

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Janumet after open heart surgery I October 2008 and it is wonderful my A1C is 5.7 has never been over 6 since starting Janumet 50/1000. My daughter is diabetic also her doctor had her on just meteor, I talked with them and explained how Janumet worked for me. They put her on it and she has been fine since. I love this medicine."

Bettyblueeyes April 7, 2013

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 6 months ago. I was given Janumet 50/500. It worked great until about a month ago. My sugar in the mornings have risen from the 120's to anywhere up to 190. I feel pretty bad in the mornings & sometimes throughout the day. I've also noticed I sweat at night. I get nauseated a lot and vomit at times. Not sure what my doc will do when my A1C results come back."

Chaotic State (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2013

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I take this medicine and my sugar still goes up when I eat. I have had a sever headache for about 6 weeks, i`m very dizzy all the time and all my bed is wet. When i`m awake I sweat all day. At times I have very bad acid reflux. It has made me unable to do anything all day long. I have been taking it for about 6 months. I'm calling my dr. In the morning."

hawkeye54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine raised my blood glucose from 170 to over 600. Also, when my A1c was taken they just put a 13 on it. After stopping it the blood glucose went down to 390, and I've been trying to lower it since. The only other medicine that caused this reaction was Avandimet. The common ingredient was metformin. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Janumet for about one year now. I recently spent some time at the beach and noticed that every time I went to the beach I would experience a rash and itching on my face, chest, arms and back. The rash would last for about 24 hours. Otherwise, the Janumet has done a great job in controlling my blood sugars, much better now than with just the metformin alone."

Anonymous September 5, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had frequent intestinal distress (and I mean distress). Janumet is a combination of Januvia and Metformin. I switched to two pills, Januvia and Metformin ER. ER stands for extended release. It may cost more this way, but it eliminated the problem. Those of you with a similar problem should talk to their doctor. Most don't know that Janumet itself used the immediate release Metformin....which causes intestinal distress in many users."

Ted R January 20, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My body had developed resistance for the sitagliptin after 45 days of use. Sitagliptin worked fine with my body for 40-45 days and became ineffective later. My doctor switched me to glipizide/glimepiride which works with my body effectively even after 1 yr use along with metformin combination."

vin1z November 16, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have just recently changed from Metformin to Janumet 50mg /500mg one tablet twice daily with food and have suffered from headaches nausea and some dizziness. I have seen two Dr's one advised to stay on metformin as its has maintained good results for many years and Janumet is still a more recent medicine in AUstralia. The other Dr advised that Janument will control my levels a lot better and decrease the situation of gaining weight even though in the early stage have some side effects. I intend to continue with Janumet for another month hoping for improvement, aged 70."

Louey November 1, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband went on Janument and I noticed one day that he was slurring his words. I thought since he had pancakes with sugar free syrup he had a reaction to the syrup. He went off the medication and the slurring stopped."

Anonymous September 18, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with Diabetes in February 2010 after I passed out in my office and my blood sugar taken at the time was 580. My doctor initially out me on Metformin but it was not controlling my blood sugar. He switched me to Janumet and now my reading are consistently in the 90's and I have suffered no side effects. I started working out and eating nutritiously right after being diagnosed and I have dropped 100 lbs."

Formerly Big Mike September 2, 2011

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I barely start taking this medication, but it's super good to me, because I used to take 6 pills everyday, and now just one."

crissali July 25, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After becoming a diabetic, I was initially put on Januvia, but it failed to control my sugar levels. I was switched to Janumet and have been taking 50/500mg of Janumet (50mg - Januvia, 500mg - Metformin) for over a year. It's just like Januvia, and doesn't work well for me since my sugar levels can reach 140 after meals. I am not overweight and I exercise regularly. My doctor raised my dosage to 50/1000mg, but side effects forced me back to the lower dosage. The higher Metformin caused my body to ache and I felt weak during workouts. I recommend using Janumet but watch your sugar levels closely to make sure it brings your sugar levels to your desired level. I gained 5 pounds this summer and my sugar went up 30 points."

Almost Jake March 16, 2011