User Reviews for Metformin/sitagliptin

Diabetes, Type 2
6.2

Reviews for Metformin/sitagliptin

A_phillips April 2, 2021

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I've had a real hard time taking metformin by its self. Started taking janumet 50/1000 2x a day. It make's me soooo sick. I vomit and have bad stomach issues! I feel better not taking it.”

Littleyoda February 22, 2021

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2, 7 weeks ago. A1C was 12.5. :(. I was prescribed Janumet 50/1000. So far my daily fasting glucose is between 90 and 110. The side effects have been minimal. I have been watching my carbs and sugars. I am 69 and have been trying to adjust to retirement. On Medicare the price of this drug is astronomical. Trying to adjust to a fixed income and paying such high prices for medicine is elderly abuse. Merck should be regulated. Getting old and being at the mercy of these drug companies should not be tolerated. This is unsustainable. I will have to find an alternative. Perhaps Metformin.”

Agnar15 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 26, 2020

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I had blood glucose levels in the 400's and and A1C of 12.9. I have started a ketogenic diet of 20 grams of carbs per day and I do 100 squats an every 2 days and now I am pre-diabetic with an A1C of 6.1 and my glucose is around 105 and sometimes normal around 73. I take Janumet 50/1000 XR twice per day which helps tremendously until my diabetes goes away. Keto will be for the rest of my life however.”

peapodgrrl · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 25, 2020

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Janumet for at least four years in conjunction with Metformin. These two drugs are well-received by my body. My sugars are in control. No side effects at all, zero. I highly recommend Janumet. I am grateful that I don't need insulin.”

Formerly Big Mike September 2, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed with Diabetes in February 2010 after I passed out in my office and my blood sugar taken at the time was 580. My doctor initially out me on Metformin but it was not controlling my blood sugar. He switched me to Janumet and now my reading are consistently in the 90's and I have suffered no side effects. I started working out and eating nutritiously right after being diagnosed and I have dropped 100 lbs.”

MERmaid · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 29, 2020

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Janumet 50/1000 for about 6 months. My blood sugar has gone from 320 to around 120, which is a huge improvement for me. It really explains why I was feeling so tired and grumpy all the time! In the beginning, there was some diarrhea and stomach problems. But I noticed when I kept my carbs and sugar low they went away. I know it can be extremely difficult to watch what your eating, especially when living and eating with others in your household. But you need to do this for yourself. You deserve to live as long and as healthy as possible. My blurry vision cleared up. My constant weight gain went away, in fact I have lost 15 pounds since using this. And I feel more energized. Very happy with this product.”

Bettyblueeyes April 7, 2013

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I started taking Janumet after open heart surgery I October 2008 and it is wonderful my A1C is 5.7 has never been over 6 since starting Janumet 50/1000. My daughter is diabetic also her doctor had her on just meteor, I talked with them and explained how Janumet worked for me. They put her on it and she has been fine since. I love this medicine.”

Jo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 15, 2019

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “When I started on Janumet, I was newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic. My doctor told me that my A1c was too high to measure in his office (off the charts), but estimated that it was well over 14 for an extended period of time. It was probably 500-600 on a daily basis, I was fortunate not to be dead. I started taking Janumet in January 2019. 7 months later, my A1c is 5.5 and fasting glucose was 91. The side effects were not nearly as bad as anticipated, but my creatinine level has increased. Hopefully we can reduce medication at my next visit and bring down those levels while keeping glucose levels within normal range, This medicine is very expensive but was covered by insurance and appears to be working well thus far.”

hawkeye54 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I take this medicine and my sugar still goes up when I eat. I have had a sever headache for about 6 weeks, i`m very dizzy all the time and all my bed is wet. When i`m awake I sweat all day. At times I have very bad acid reflux. It has made me unable to do anything all day long. I have been taking it for about 6 months. I'm calling my dr. In the morning.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2020

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Janumet/Januvia is Toxic Poison! Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea is pancreatitis caused by the poison pill! Janumet inflames you’re pancreas and causes your blood sugar to run high! All the aches and pains, stiff neck, headaches and anything else happening to you is from the Poison Pill! If you are taking the Poison and it’s working for you be patient, you will have the horrible side effects soon! Merck should be shut down”

Chaotic State · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2013

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 6 months ago. I was given Janumet 50/500. It worked great until about a month ago. My sugar in the mornings have risen from the 120's to anywhere up to 190. I feel pretty bad in the mornings & sometimes throughout the day. I've also noticed I sweat at night. I get nauseated a lot and vomit at times. Not sure what my doc will do when my A1C results come back.”

Tickedoff April 7, 2020

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Had my prescription for Janumet filled today... 30 day supply costs me $310.00. A 90 day course was over $1000.00. There is no way that it cost Merck this much to make it. Probably less than 2 cent a pill. ALL DRUG COMPANIES SHOULD BE REGULATED. CROOKS ONE AND ALL.”

Gunnery October 30, 2014

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “For many years, I had intestine cramps. I used to take medicines. By afternoon I used to again pain. Also cholesterol used to be high. Type 2: diabetic was identified. Since Nov 2013. I am using. Janumet 50/1000 bMy intestine aches zeroed. So is cholesterol. Levels. I feel good.”

Ted R January 20, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I had frequent intestinal distress (and I mean distress). Janumet is a combination of Januvia and Metformin. I switched to two pills, Januvia and Metformin ER. ER stands for extended release. It may cost more this way, but it eliminated the problem. Those of you with a similar problem should talk to their doctor. Most don't know that Janumet itself used the immediate release Metformin....which causes intestinal distress in many users.”

Bjc · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 25, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been taking this for about one month and my blood sugar have gone from 280 to 100 so it's working for me. I had slight headache at first but I started taking it with my dinner in the evening and no headaches. No other side effects. I will continue to use this medication.”

wkhatch · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 30, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “This medication is overpriced rubbish. Maybe it works well for those who absolutely cannot control their eating, but I feel that I over paid for this drug for almost three years before talking to my doctor about the expense, and then having them adjust me back to metformin and glypizide, separately. My costs went from over $400 a month to $8 a month, and zero change in my levels. This drug is a scam by the manufacture in my opinion, and I'd like to rip somebody's head off at Merck. Do not fall for this; it's literally just a scam on the part of the greedy corporate drug companies”

Bradly May 7, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was on Metformin (1000mg twice a day) and my A1C pretty much stayed at 6.0 to 6.2. Then another doctor (a flight surgeon) advised me to switch to Janumet 50/500 twice a day because he felt I was taking too much Metformin. Now my A1C is up to 6.4 and my glucose has jumped to the 240-250 range after a light breakfast (V8, low carb cereal and coffee). So next week I am going back to discuss other options with my regular doctor.”

qoz October 2, 2008

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “This drug really works, but you should be careful if you excersize or somehow get busy and forget to take a lunch/snack break while at work. I recently had an exprerience where I was backed up at my job working at a steel mill and experienced dizziness, rapid heartbeat, "the shakes" etc. I recognized the symptoms as low blood sugar and immediatly stopped and drank a low glucose energy drink. My symptoms went away after 10 minutes. So be aware. ”

bitcoin king · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2019

Janumet XR (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Janumet XR is very effective in lowering sugar level I have been type 2 diabetic since 2009. I am 49 years old and had noticed my sugar level going up with my old medicine glucophage 500mg I went for a full check up and my doctor told me to change to Janumet XR and my fasting sugar level went down and two hours after a meal to normal, I take two a day 50mg/1000. I have side effects nausea , not sleeping well , I eat much less than I use to . I think I feel this because I take both pills at the same time in the morning, I will try to take one in the morning and one at night and see if the side effects goes away.”

SleepyEyez April 19, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November of 2015. So my doctor did a glucose test which was fasting for me and my number was 279 on a empty stomach. My A1c a day or so later I was at 13.2 my doctor has put me on janumet 50/500. I was at 203lbs before the diagnosis and now April 2016 I'm approximately 180 pounds. I was losing weight before the diagnosis due to diabetes but I guess now since I've been working out over a month and a half and my eating habits have changed I guess and with the medicine I've dropped more weight. I guess overall my blood sugars are a whole lot better than they were before. A few headaches here and there and nausea but not so much of that. The medicine is okay I just don't want to lose anymore weight.”

Markie mark · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 18, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Janumet 50/1000MG for 7 months now and my blood sugar has dropped from 18.1 to approx 8 and general haemoglobin down from 120 to 50. Yes, occasionally a headache when I first wake up but after a cup of coffee and a few glasses of diet soda it's gone. (Every medicine has some type of side effects even aspirin so I feel you have to accept for example the odd headache) No other side effects. I am very happy with this medicine. I live in Denmark and because we have a world class health system (also 40% income tax) after you use approx $300 of your own money per year you get a rebate of 85% on all diabetes medicine plus 150 strips and lancets and blood sugar machine free per year”

Anonymous September 5, 2012

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking Janumet for about one year now. I recently spent some time at the beach and noticed that every time I went to the beach I would experience a rash and itching on my face, chest, arms and back. The rash would last for about 24 hours. Otherwise, the Janumet has done a great job in controlling my blood sugars, much better now than with just the metformin alone.”

knovember21 December 22, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “This medicine had bad side effect for me. I have been on this Janumet 50/1000 mg for over one year now. I was taking it one time a day. It make me dizzy, nausea, vomiting after every meal, or whenever I ate something and night sweat. I used to weigh 230 lbs. at 5'10" wearing size 16 clothes. Now I weigh 175 lbs. wearing size 12 clothes. I had to get all new clothes. In one week I can lose 10 to 15 lbs. and still losing because I can not keep my food down.the Dr has me to come for followup appointment every 4 months. I informed my Dr. of the problem. He was amazed to see the weigh lose. I had aged 20 years. My hair had fell out. My skin was scaly not moisture and smooth. He told me instead of taking the Janumet everyday, take it every other day.”

Louey November 1, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have just recently changed from Metformin to Janumet 50mg /500mg one tablet twice daily with food and have suffered from headaches nausea and some dizziness. I have seen two Dr's one advised to stay on metformin as its has maintained good results for many years and Janumet is still a more recent medicine in AUstralia. The other Dr advised that Janument will control my levels a lot better and decrease the situation of gaining weight even though in the early stage have some side effects. I intend to continue with Janumet for another month hoping for improvement, aged 70.”

Anonymous October 28, 2009

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I am 60 and have been taking Janumet 50/500 twice a day since September 2009. I have had no side effects with drug like I did with Metformin (it was very bad for me). I have missed doses or have been late taking my evening dose by 5 or 6 hours with no side effects like some have listed below. All in all it has been a positive experience with my sugar levels dropping significantly below the Metformin levels.”

Karlie47 February 3, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed diabetic about eighteen months ago and started out taking metformin and glyburide. I've done okay with my diet since the beginning but I don't always have control over how much activity I get during the day due to my job so my numbers were all over the place, both up and down, all the time. I thought that was part of being a diabetic, but I knew I had to talk to my doctor again when I dropped down to 38 one morning and almost fainted at work. He took me off metformin and glyburide and put me on Janumet, and now it's much easier to maintain an even and predictable glucose level even with unpredictable levels of activity during the day. I like taking only one pill at a time too. I've not been troubled with side effects.”

Ged_Ireland January 2, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I took this medicine for two weeks and had neck and back aches and lost my appetite. I could only manage to have breakfast, other mealtimes I just wasn't hungry. I had severe pains in my left side which I believe is pancreatitis. I have stopped taking this and replaced it with my old dose of Metformin (1000mg morning and evening). I will not take this medication again.”

Anonymous September 18, 2011

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “My husband went on Janument and I noticed one day that he was slurring his words. I thought since he had pancakes with sugar free syrup he had a reaction to the syrup. He went off the medication and the slurring stopped.”