User Reviews for Metformin / sitagliptin

Diabetes, Type 2
6.6

Summary of Metformin/sitagliptin reviews 6.5 55 reviews

Reviews for Metformin/sitagliptin

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been taking this for about one month and my blood sugar have gone from 280 to 100 so it's working for me. I had slight headache at first but I started taking it with my dinner in the evening and no headaches. No other side effects. I will continue to use this medication."

Bjc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My Dr placed me on Janu/met about 4 months ago since my diabetes is right on point I have to take injections. I have tried gastric bypass didn't work due to steps since I started taking this medicine I've lost 45lbd!"

Punky (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Janumet 100/1000 (one tablet a day) till recently when the Doctor changed it to 50/1000 (2 pills a day). At first I had some issues but now that my body has gotten used to the drug I am fine. Morning fasting sugars went from 187 to 119 in just a few weeks. I went to enjoy my life and live a long life so I do what I need to do, I am to young to die, lose body parts or go blind. I am not overweight and I do watch my diet, sometimes the body just doesn't get with the program and it needs outside help."

Whatever is needed (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just started this medication as prescribed by my doctor. It may work for some, but for myself just after one week I have horrible side effects of upset stomach, nausea, severe muscle ache and night sweats. I felt like I was doing chemotherapy all over again. Be very careful with this medication"

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have just started so waiting to see effects"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Janumet 50-1000 for over 3 years. It is very expensive, but does lower my a1c. I also take glimepiride. About 3 months ago I went on a diet from 334lbs when my blood sugars and blood pressure were starting to get high. The diet helped tremendously in lowering both. BP is now 120/70 instead of 160/90 and my a1c last taken was 5.1 down from 7.6. I am concerned about the cost and I am starting to half-dose to 1 tab a day to extend my insurance coverage. The main reason is that I am continuing the diet for another 180-days and I am not eating that much. About 1600 calories a day. So far my BGLs have been a 100 or lower so I will wait and see."

5'-11" 294lbs 65 y.o. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Reduced sugar level from high 12+ to 5.4 low to 7 high. In my case, side effects cause gas and diarrhea."

Cosber (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Metaformin for 20+ years and after the last A1c Test, doctor put on 50/850 Janumet plus FORXIGA Noticed rash on my body and need to scratch until bloody (annoying) However, not sure which medicine of the two new ones that is making me scratch my body from top to down. I'm planning to see the doctor next week"

ABOMO December 29, 2017

Janumet XR (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I get chills bad at night, can't keep warm. Weak no energy to do anything. Blurry vision sometimes. Not in the mood for anything at times. At the moment under going test for pancreatitis, but nothing on x rays."

Flabs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am a user of Janumet. It's not good that janumets packaging gives you a cut while opening its packaging since you are a diabetic thats why you are taking janumet"

Jake Gallano August 29, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just started taking Janumet 1000 my yesterday. Luckily my daughter who studies Med at Uni read the instructions. I had a headache which she said was low blood sugar. After I ate something the headache disappeared. I have got severe diarrhea though both nights, OK in the morning???"

Ted Rob (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Janumet 50/1000 for the past 2 yrs, No side effects and my blood sugar levels and HbA1c is below 7 and I am quite satisfied with the medicine. But the medicine is very expensive, it is on a the higher side. Manufacturer must reduce its price in India and it should be brought under Price controlled Diabetic Drugs List"

Anantaram K (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication is overpriced rubbish. Maybe it works well for those who absolutely cannot control their eating, but I feel that I over paid for this drug for almost three years before talking to my doctor about the expense, and then having them adjust me back to metformin and glypizide, separately. My costs went from over $400 a month to $8 a month, and zero change in my levels. This drug is a scam by the manufacture in my opinion, and I'd like to rip somebody's head off at Merck. Do not fall for this; it's literally just a scam on the part of the greedy corporate drug companies"

wkhatch (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was taking FORXIGA for more then 3 months and my blood sugar after any meal was always around 180 -200. I was not happy, so I change doctor. She prescribed me JUNAMET, which I took for the first time this morning, after breakfast and my blood sugar is 126. I'm happy."

Iomeako February 28, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took this medicine for two weeks and had neck and back aches and lost my appetite. I could only manage to have breakfast, other mealtimes I just wasn't hungry. I had severe pains in my left side which I believe is pancreatitis. I have stopped taking this and replaced it with my old dose of Metformin (1000mg morning and evening). I will not take this medication again."

Ged_Ireland January 2, 2017

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Does not help, better when I was on metphomin alone"

MONIWA November 29, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been prescribed this combination of Metformin 500/ Sitagliptin50mg once a day in the morning dose. But it is not working as I am taking this for last 1 year, my HbA1c has raised to 7 from 5.7 Bad to note my Postprandial glucose levels are not in control where as with 1000Mg of Metformin over night I found the levels are more controlled. I dont understand what to do ? Because from controlled level this has gone uncontrolled. Sitagliptin is not working - thus I believe."

Zakir Amir (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November of 2015. So my doctor did a glucose test which was fasting for me and my number was 279 on a empty stomach. My A1c a day or so later I was at 13.2 my doctor has put me on janumet 50/500. I was at 203lbs before the diagnosis and now April 2016 I'm approximately 180 pounds. I was losing weight before the diagnosis due to diabetes but I guess now since I've been working out over a month and a half and my eating habits have changed I guess and with the medicine I've dropped more weight. I guess overall my blood sugars are a whole lot better than they were before. A few headaches here and there and nausea but not so much of that. The medicine is okay I just don't want to lose anymore weight."

SleepyEyez April 19, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Janumet 50/1000MG for 7 months now and my blood sugar has dropped from 18.1 to approx 8 and general haemoglobin down from 120 to 50. Yes, occasionally a headache when I first wake up but after a cup of coffee and a few glasses of diet soda it's gone. (Every medicine has some type of side effects even aspirin so I feel you have to accept for example the odd headache) No other side effects. I am very happy with this medicine. I live in Denmark and because we have a world class health system (also 40% income tax) after you use approx $300 of your own money per year you get a rebate of 85% on all diabetes medicine plus 150 strips and lancets and blood sugar machine free per year"

Markie mark (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2016

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine had bad side effect for me. I have been on this Janumet 50/1000 mg for over one year now. I was taking it one time a day. It make me dizzy, nausea, vomiting after every meal, or whenever I ate something and night sweat. I used to weigh 230 lbs. at 5'10" wearing size 16 clothes. Now I weigh 175 lbs. wearing size 12 clothes. I had to get all new clothes. In one week I can lose 10 to 15 lbs. and still losing because I can not keep my food down.the Dr has me to come for followup appointment every 4 months. I informed my Dr. of the problem. He was amazed to see the weigh lose. I had aged 20 years. My hair had fell out. My skin was scaly not moisture and smooth. He told me instead of taking the Janumet everyday, take it every other day."

knovember21 December 22, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I take 50/ 500 twice a day .My glucose level is in the range of 150/330 despite using this medicine .I am going to consult my doctor soon for a replacement of medicine . I am also having side effects such as cold sweating ,skin rashes and I also fainted twice ."

Mrs.Ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am very much satisfied on the progressive action of janumet50/1000, my sugar which was above fasting- 200& pp was 330, after taking janumet it came down to fp-96, pp-137...I take it twice a day, since my glucose levels are keeping normal ,will reduced the dose to 1500 per day."

Souransu Rout September 13, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Janumet 50/500 twice a day worked wonderfully on me after having dignosed with diabetes around one year back with sugar level of 332/450 and HbA1c 13.5. Now my sugar level is in a range of 100/50 with HbA1c 6.2. I am a happy man."

Manish Kr (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Metformin (1000mg twice a day) and my A1C pretty much stayed at 6.0 to 6.2. Then another doctor (a flight surgeon) advised me to switch to Janumet 50/500 twice a day because he felt I was taking too much Metformin. Now my A1C is up to 6.4 and my glucose has jumped to the 240-250 range after a light breakfast (V8, low carb cereal and coffee). So next week I am going back to discuss other options with my regular doctor."

Bradly May 7, 2015

Janumet (metformin / sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Janumet for about a month now, and for the last couple of days I've been having severe throat pain. The pain is so severe I'll have to see a doctor tomorrow and I've already stopped taking it for two days now. It has worked well to reduce my blood sugar, but the side effects are just too much to bare."

Somewhere in SC (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015