User Reviews for Caplyta to treat Schizophrenia

Caplyta has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings for the treatment of Schizophrenia. 33% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 63% reported a negative effect.

Caplyta Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Caplyta

Allanhat · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2021

“I had double vision, and it was very uneasy and hard to walk or stand up I felt like there was 300lbs on my shoulders my neck muscles were very stiff and hurt my legs felt like rubber and my eyes were blinking constantly really fast.”

MomInTN · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2021

“My 21 yr old son's been on this med for Bipolar 1 with psychosis. He has been on it for 3 weeks now after coming off Vraylar, which was great until it stopped working as well (but did cause weight gain). So far the Caplyta is not doing as well, and he's sleeping or about to fall asleep all day. He looks and acts drugged, with slurred speech at times, like he did when he was on Seroquel. And he's having sleep paralysis more often with increased hallucinations at night. Should say he's also on Depakote, Buspar and Lamictal (generic forms) and Ingrezza for muscle spasms, so I'm not sure if there is some interaction or overdosing going on. We talk to his N.P. this week, and he wants off it, when he's awake enough to think about it.”

Curtis · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2021

“Caplyta was the most normal feeling treatment I have ever taken. The only problem is that I am very treatment resistant, so after about a month it quit working. It would work if I would triple the dosage but you’re not supposed to do that lol. I don’t know what to do anymore, the only treatments I haven’t tried yet are the ones that make you sleep twelve hours a day.”

deltarae · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2020

“I'm on Caplyta for schizoaffective, alongside lithium. It has helped me so much! I was struggling with a lot of intrusive nonrealities and visuals, delusions relating to fears and paranoias, disconnection, overwhelming conversations in my head, and severe mood swings, which had been affecting me for years. It has gone a long, long way in helping these issues. My first week was a bit rough but not overwhelming. First dose left me extremely drowsy so I decided to take it in the evenings before bed. Subsequent days I did feel a bit of dread as it set in. 6 days in, I felt like I was able to move it to the mornings and my body was getting used to it. Even before then it helped me with my symptoms a lot. I really have to take it with food. I've had to eat fuller breakfasts since getting on it or else the drowsiness comes back but its easily preventable. This medication has really changed my life and I'd encourage anyone trying it to wait a week unless the side effects are too severe.”

Feeling normal · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2020

“This medicine Caplyta has been a lifesaver for my bipolar!! I've experienced sleepiness & dry mouth in the beginning, but those have gone away in the 5 weeks I've been on this medicine. My bipolar is completely under control & the severe depression is gone. I feel motivated, happy & able to participate in life. I'm so happy to have found this medicine. I finally feel "normal".”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

“I've had very little side effects so far. This med Caplyta doesn't make me into a zombie like the other meds and I can think more clearly. The only side effects I've experienced are mild nausea and internal restlessness. I'll have to see how the next upcoming doses go.”

Corporatebanana · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

“I took one dosage of Caplyta and about 20 minutes in my arms and legs started to burn as if I took a niacin. Then the next day I had a searing headache. If this drug works for some, great. But not for me.. I couldn't find any of my side effects on the internet.”

SurfMan · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2020

“I have Schizophrenia After four years and as many different prescriptions, a 30+ Lb weight gain, and blood glucose & cholesterol levels off the charts, my Dr. prescribed the new drug, Caplyta. It's been five weeks and I've lost 2 Lb. In addition, my sleep, sex-drive, and well-being are feeling restored to a level I’d nearly forgotten and haven't been at since my mid-20s. Looking forward to the follow-up bloodwork in two months”

Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2020

“My 30 year old daughter is Schizoeffective and took this medicine for a month. It seems to have caused uncontrollable laughter and didn’t seem to work very well. So, glad she isn’t still taking it. She is still laughing and not doing well, but it has only been a week. Hate for her to go back into the hospital during a pandemic.”

TH · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2020

“I felt burning the first day on Caplyta and it continued the whole time. Hair loss started in about two weeks and that was before the medicine became really intense. I couldn't stop talking, couldn't sleep, and couldn't stop moving. My throat became very sore from talking so much. I felt like I had to walk to settle my mind. I could sleep for about an hour or two a night for about the last 3 weeks on the medication. My hallucinations became terrifying to me. This was like a whole other level of my nightmare life. It was like living in an insane world. Watching TV was terrifying. I felt like I was being hunted by people at night. Urinating became painful and I felt like I wanted to scream. There was difficulty in urinating from the pressure. I was also hallucinating more. 6 1/2 months after stopping the medication, I'm still trying to recover. It was a nightmare.”

Muggyjug · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2021

“Well I was previously on a combination of vraylar and risperdal but I changed the vraylar to caplyta because vraylar was causing weight gain. So far on caplyta I have experienced little to no side effects and I’ve lost 3 lbs within my first month of taking the drug. One thing I’ve noticed though is that I haven’t been getting my period. Not sure if it’s because of the Caplyta or not but I’m not complaining lol”

No name November 17, 2020

“I had a stomach ache for 4 weeks after I started Caplyta. I had dry mouth so bad I had open sores in my mouth and on my tongue. I was also extremely tired all the time. I had to spend a lot of time in bed. Worst of all it didn't work for my schizophrenia. I developed paranoid thoughts. I discontinued it and went back on Olanzapine and felt better in about three days. Caplyta was not a good drug for me. I was hoping it would be. I am disappointed.”

Stitch · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2021

“I was only on Caplyta for two days, and it’s the worst medication I’ve ever tried. The side effects were absolutely awful -I had insane dry mouth -I was so lightheaded that I felt like I was going to fall every time I stood up -I was nauseous and incredibly anxious, to the point where I had anxiety attacks that lasted up to 4 hours -I couldn’t regulate my body temperature, so I was burning hot and freezing at the same time -Within the 2 days, the voices became a lot worse and it was very overwhelming It was an absolute nightmare and honestly borderline traumatic for me. If you’re sensitive to medication, I wouldn’t take Caplyta.”

MsBoom · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2021

“I started on this medication a week ago for Bipolar. I was worried after reading all the bad reviews but decided to try it because my doctor always has samples so it’s free and I’ve been off all meds for six months and things eventually got bad like they always do. Also I don’t normally have side effects from medicines except for lithium. First night, very sleepy but surprisingly not as bad as other antipsychotics and I’ve been on several over the years. Within a few days I felt the paranoia and delusional thinking subsiding. I’m much more calm feeling. I want to do things again. I also started Wellbutrin XR. I hope things continue to improve over the next several weeks.”

Anonymous March 22, 2021

“I'm on this for Bipolar 1 & Schizoaffective Disorder. The only downside I can say about this drug is that it has caused Prolactin to go very high. I just got my levels back and it was 95. Normal levels are 4-23. This medication has caused galactorrhea (milk production) So a word of caution to anyone trying out this drug, it is new and has only been around for a year and even does mention right on the site that it has caused Prolactin increases. So please watch out for this and get checked for it if you think it may be an issue. Even if you are not actively leaking, if you check, there may be lactation. Please be aware, and I hope this helps someone.”

Littlered · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2020

“I have been in Capylta for a week for Schizoaffective Disorder. I have had mild nausea, and so far I have gained 2 pounds in the week I have been on it. Will not tolerate weight gain and so far my psychosis is still happening. May go back on Geodon if my symptoms do not improve”

smokey76 · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2021

“Gave it two weeks I was hoping the side effects would go away but they only got worse. Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, restlessness, fatigue. It made my schizoaffective disorder somehow worse, I know this because my symptoms are usually stable. I started pacing around the house and my "paranoid senses" were heightened. Therapy seems to help a lot more along with medicine. Therapists give you the tools and skills to deal with most episodes you will have.”

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

“Has anyone tried Caplyta that cares to share their experience?”

Younggun123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 29, 2020

“Worked wonders for my bipolar and schizo affective disorders. Highly recommend asking for a prescription from your doctor or samples”

Thomas · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

“This drug turned me into a raging maniac.”

Queen · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

“This drug lowers your white blood cell count. A bad thing to have while a pandemic is happening. ”

kenny · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2020

“This is one of the worst drugs I have ever tried in my life. Literally almost drove me to the edge of insanity. I do not recommend it and I left behind REXULTI and NUDEXTA.”

Lori · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2021

“This drug dropped my body temperature very low, I was falling and it spiked my blood sugar up, 4 hours later I had a fever of 100.1! It's dangerous and should be recalled”

oddhead · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2021

“I have been on this drug for about a month and half for me it is the worst med I have ever taken. It literally felt like part of my mind was shut down and would not work at all”

Charley · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2021

“My daughter tried Caplyta for six weeks for schizophrenia. Made her psychosis worst. Also for the first time was so angry that she became physically aggressive. In hospital now.”

Learn more about Schizophrenia