User Reviews for Imodium

Learn more about Imodium.

Diarrhea, Chronic 4 reviews 32 medications

7.7
Traveler's Diarrhea 2 reviews 75 medications

Summary of Imodium reviews 14 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Imodium

For Diarrhea, Chronic "I have IBS plus I'm lactose intolerant and have struggled with this for 5 years now so far and for 3 years I was unable to enjoy a meal because as soon as I ate, I was in the bathroom. When I take imodium now for the past 2 years, I can actually eat meals and it wont bother my stomach. I feel normal and go to the bathroom normally but if I miss a day and don't take the pills, I am back to going to the bathroom after every meal. Imodium has really helped me. Especially when it triggers in the morning, so it helps me to be able to go to work at 5am. There are somedays I didn't have pills and could not go into work because I could not stop using the bathroom. I love imodium!"

Nessaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea, Acute "Acute diarrhea .Was told by the pharmacist I could safely take Immodium while on (blood thinner) Eliquis. I had acute diarrhea and my stools were looking like there was blood in it. Very scary. Followed directions 100% and after 2 doses was so much better. Even got to sleep some. Felt like a miracle in an OTC product. Thank you so much. Symptoms disappeared after 2 doses. No bloody stools no pain.100% better Complaint : opening packaging lost three pills somewhere in the carpet. Fourth pill I accidently broke open while in my mouth. Immediately began vomiting. Until there was no more fluid left. GREAT PRODUCT EFFECTIVE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. No consequences regarding blood thinners. Again,thank you."

poobelly (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea, Chronic "I had 18" of my large intestines removed a year ago. I still had Diarrhea bad. I took Imodium and was so happy I feel normal. Something I can't drink is Beer. )-: That is ok with me. I only take it every other day. I am a happy camper."

SurBig January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea, Acute "I've had diarrhoea for 3 days now with minimal sleep, constant abdominal pains. •First of I started feeling ill with minor headaches fever like. •Second day I was throwing up with nothing left in my body feeling weak and restless •Third day I had diarrhoea every hour leaving me feeling drained. Night time was impossible to sleep constant bowel movement. I read about Imodium not thinking I could use this whilst having this virus. Had to take two to start with didn't work then took two more after each bowel movement then I had few abdominal aches. The 10 minuets it started working!"

Mat1999 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea, Chronic "This is the only product that has worked for me. Can you please improve the taste. Thank You."

Cynthia McManus February 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea "It works instantly."

Lasgun January 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea "I had a torn hole in colon from this which needed surgery to repair. Over two months to recover. expensive. very dangerious. This should not be over counter purchase it should be only by doctor orders."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea "Best over the counter that really works for chronic or IBS quickly! The generic brand is the best priced and works just as well as the name brand for me"

magic woman (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Traveler's Diarrhea "I had loose almost diarrhea stools for almost three months after a trip to Florida. I began to seriously worry, so before going to a doctor took a dose (2 pills) of Imodium. I returned to normal in 2 days and have had no problem since. One dose fixed a 3 month long problem! Read the directions. It said to take a second dose after a second event of loose stools. I might have taken another dose that night after the first if I had read read the instructions carefully. I suspect some of the reviewers who had stomach pains might have done that, because I had NO discomfort. Just an almost miraculous immediate return to normal movements. Thank you makers!"

Carrell Photographer June 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea "I get diarrhea all the time since I was 12 or 13. I take a lot of meds, and a lot of food I can no longer eat. This medicine works right away for me. I am now 67 yrs old. I only use it if the diarrhea lasts for more than two days."

pees July 19, 2014

For Diarrhea "Works."

Natkoll (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea, Acute "If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible."

Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diarrhea, Chronic "I have had chronic diarrhea for 20 years. I could not eat without experiencing diarrhea, had accidents in public places. The first thing I did when entering a new building was locate the restroom. I frequently had to leave my classroom unattended to run--no running would have been disastrous--carefully walk to the nearest restroom and have embarrassingly flatulent and explosive bouts of diarrhea. I finally started self-medicating, taking one tablet in the morning and one before supper. I have two normal bowel motions a day. No more diarrhea now. My life has changed!"

So relieved! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Traveler's Diarrhea "It does fix the problem, but I get heavy abdominal pains."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2012