User Reviews for Imodium to treat Diarrhea, Acute

Reviews for Imodium

"Acute diarrhea .Was told by the pharmacist I could safely take Immodium while on (blood thinner) Eliquis. I had acute diarrhea and my stools were looking like there was blood in it. Very scary. Followed directions 100% and after 2 doses was so much better. Even got to sleep some. Felt like a miracle in an OTC product. Thank you so much. Symptoms disappeared after 2 doses. No bloody stools no pain.100% better Complaint : opening packaging lost three pills somewhere in the carpet. Fourth pill I accidently broke open while in my mouth. Immediately began vomiting. Until there was no more fluid left. GREAT PRODUCT EFFECTIVE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. No consequences regarding blood thinners. Again,thank you."

poobelly (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

"I've had diarrhoea for 3 days now with minimal sleep, constant abdominal pains. •First of I started feeling ill with minor headaches fever like. •Second day I was throwing up with nothing left in my body feeling weak and restless •Third day I had diarrhoea every hour leaving me feeling drained. Night time was impossible to sleep constant bowel movement. I read about Imodium not thinking I could use this whilst having this virus. Had to take two to start with didn't work then took two more after each bowel movement then I had few abdominal aches. The 10 minuets it started working!"

Mat1999 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

"If I eat meat, spicy foods, or dairy products, especially if it is later in the day, I sometimes get acute diarrhea at night. This is sometimes accompanied by pain that is bad enough to double me over. Imodium has always stopped the diarrhea, and the pain that I get with it, and almost always within two doses. As the bottle suggests, I take two pills after the first loose stool, and one after any subsequent loose stool. Although other medicines (such as Pepto-Bismal / Kaopectate) can also be helpful, whenever I sense that these symptoms are starting, I think of Imodium right away, because I know there is a very high probability that it will make the period of discomfort be as short as possible."

Shield Sheafson (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013