User Reviews for Imodium to treat Diarrhea, Chronic

Imodium has an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Diarrhea, Chronic. 80% of those users who reviewed Imodium reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Imodium Rating Summary

9.3/10 average rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Diarrhea, Chronic.

Bella · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2021

“Worst packaging EVER!!!! Who would design packaging that requires scissors to access EACH PILL!!!??? Every time, which is often, I need to take the pills I end up frustrated with bleeding fingers! Why can't someone design a small bottle with pills inside it like most meds??? And do NOT suggest I drink the disgusting liquid. Very frustrated user!”

Ibs-d sufferer · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2020

“This medication has worked great for my ibs-d. I’ve had ibs-d for 15 years and nothing has helped me until I started taking 1 Imodium per day in the morning after first bm. I used to have to go to the bathroom 3-5 times every morning. Now I go once most days, sometimes twice. This drug works on the opioid receptors in the gut and causes gut motility to slow, it has really worked for me and has changed my life for the better. I actually have a life now and don’t have to worry about where the bathroom is all the time. Good luck everyone !”

alcey · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2020

“I tried Imodium after having prolonged chronic diarrhea over months as a result of anxiety. This cleared it up overnight with the use of 2 tablets. I have finally found relief using this product, highly recommend.”

So relieved! · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2012

“I have had chronic diarrhea for 20 years. I could not eat without experiencing diarrhea, had accidents in public places. The first thing I did when entering a new building was locate the restroom. I frequently had to leave my classroom unattended to run--no running would have been disastrous--carefully walk to the nearest restroom and have embarrassingly flatulent and explosive bouts of diarrhea. I finally started self-medicating, taking one tablet in the morning and one before supper. I have two normal bowel motions a day. No more diarrhea now. My life has changed!”

Eleane August 8, 2019

“Me and my sister both have on going diarrhea. Every. Single. Day. 1-2 times a day for me but more for her. All females in our family have it. It’s our family curse. But we took 2 of these pills for only TWO days and we didn’t have any intestinal activity for the next FIVE days. From taking TWO tablets for TWO days (so we took ONLY 4 mg each day, once a day, for only two days) So we took that tiny, small amount and didn’t have even a slight cramp, not even a bubble in our intestine, nothing. for five days. This never ever happens and we both were somewhat constipated still even on day 5. Idk how anyone is saying it didn’t work. It definitely worked for us at least.”

Nessaa · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 7, 2017

“I have IBS plus I'm lactose intolerant and have struggled with this for 5 years now so far and for 3 years I was unable to enjoy a meal because as soon as I ate, I was in the bathroom. When I take imodium now for the past 2 years, I can actually eat meals and it wont bother my stomach. I feel normal and go to the bathroom normally but if I miss a day and don't take the pills, I am back to going to the bathroom after every meal. Imodium has really helped me. Especially when it triggers in the morning, so it helps me to be able to go to work at 5am. There are somedays I didn't have pills and could not go into work because I could not stop using the bathroom. I love imodium!”

Oblong · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2018

“I have IBS and had a bad flare up. 4 weeks of tests and constant diarrhea, they finally confirmed there was no infection so allowed me to take Immodium. I chose the plus comfort as I also have stomach pains. Followed instructions and took 2, I don't mean to be crude, but I am elated to say that the next day I managed a normal BM for the first time in a month! Not noticed any help with the stomach pains/bloating but has definitely helped the flare up!”

SurBig January 16, 2017

“I had 18" of my large intestines removed a year ago. I still had Diarrhea bad. I took Imodium and was so happy I feel normal. Something I can't drink is Beer. )-: That is ok with me. I only take it every other day. I am a happy camper.”

Cynthia McManus February 16, 2016

“This is the only product that has worked for me. Can you please improve the taste. Thank You.”

John W the Brit January 15, 2018

“I felt better about 3 hours after taking 2 tablets. Still have a slight problem though but will be taking one more twice a day and I expect to feel much better then.”