User Reviews for Levoxyl to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

Levoxyl has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal. 63% of those users who reviewed Levoxyl reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Levoxyl Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal.

sfergu3447 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

“I had Radioactive iodine (RAI) 29 years ago and have been on Synthroid all that time. The side effects I had got worse as the years went by. I had rapid heart beat (over medicated) and just felt awful as the years went. I just switched to Levoxyl 6 weeks ago and most of the adverse side effects I had on synthroid have subsided. However, I am listless, loss of hair is bad, terrible brain fog and just as weak as can be. Increased the dose two weeks ago and still no response. Sorry I cannot rate this a 10 yet. Will stay on it for another 6 weeks and then rerate it. Right now not responding properly.”

B2L · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 6, 2019

“Brand name only! Levoxyl brought me back to life after being on Synthroid for the past 6 years. I was on Levoxyl since my thyroidectomy then was forced to switch to Synthroid when it was recalled. On Synthroid, was barely functioning, horribly depressed, very tired, moody, painful heavy periods, horrible thoughts, migraines and motion sickness all the time! Miserable! I finally told my Dr I want to get back on Levoxyl. Thank GOD I did, almost immediately all the bad symptoms stopped and I feel amazing! I’m back to the land of the living! If you are feeling like I did on Synthroid do not hesitate and switch to BRAND NAME Levoxyl!”

kamlchap · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2017

“Some general ill feelings, feels a lot like I'm taking hydrocodone”

Janine10 January 29, 2016

“I'm not sure how to rate Levoxyl honestly. I had thyroid cancer and a full thyroidectomy 2 years ago and I still have yet to feel like me again. I'll be good for a few months then they weight goes back on, I'm exhaused, brain fog, and anxiety. I'm on 176mcg and 10mcg T3. I still feel like crap and unable to lose weight. I used to do bikini competitions for bodybuilding so I know how to be motivated to eat clean and hit the gym. I'm do all of this with zero results. I'm beyond frustrated.”

Mrs. 13 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 1, 2015

“I've used this drug for years until the recall. I take 175 mcg. I switched to Synthroid and it was "just okay." I missed Levoxyl. After I learned Levoxyl returned to the market I requested to be placed back on it. I've had several problems with my TSH levels being too low (0.02 and 0.03!) meaning that my dose is too high.”

Anonymous April 5, 2009

“This is quality brand named thyroid medicine that is effective and has virtually no side-effects.”

Anonymous January 23, 2012

“I've had great success on Levoxyl? I'm taking 0.137mcg and have virtually no side affects. Synthroid for me was horrible.”

Anonymous July 3, 2011

“Levoxyl works great for me. Synthroid does not work for me.”