User Reviews for Levoxyl to treat Hashimoto's disease

Levoxyl has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Hashimoto's disease. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Levoxyl Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Hashimoto's disease.

Steph17 January 27, 2020

“I have been on this medication for 22 years. It took about 2 years of taking medication for me to feel normal in the beginning. My hair and skin are great and I have good cognition and energy levels. I have a busy job and I feel great and energetic. I have always maintained a normal weight and look young for my age. The only side effect I have found is I feel the cold. If you don’t mind putting the heating on I can definitely recommend.”

Julia · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2020

“I thought I was having a heart attack. Flushing, sweaty, feeling feverish, heart palpitations, those symptoms seem to bring on the dizziness which lead to nausea and vomiting. The worst experience of my life. Actually past out multiple times and this was my only medication I was taking. The actual put me on blood pressure medication and once I stopped this medication I no longer needed blood pressure medication.”

Me February 4, 2019

“Taking Levoxyl for about 6 months, and unfortunately not working for me. The stomach pain is unbearable at times and unpredictable. Hair loss, spasms, vivid dreams, headaches, that horrid brain fog. (Hashimoto causes hair loss, including the medication. Make sure your iron levels are optimal.) These are just a few of a long list of side effects. Took synthroid for about 2 years and it worked to some degree, but hair loss was a nightmare and the lactose coating was a no for me-continuous digestive issues. Digestive issues with Levoxyl is enough to get me seek other treatment.”

Anonymous August 16, 2010

“I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's about seven years ago, nine months after giving birth. I was so tired, losing hair, had terrible brain fog and was very irritable. My doctor placed me on Levoxyl 110. My symptoms went away fairly quickly (2 weeks) but then I started having panic attacks. She reduced me to 88mcg and the anxiety went away. I stayed on that dose for the next seven years. Though my blood work showed normal, I was still always cold, found it hard to wake up in the mornings and would feel lethargic after workouts. I convinced my new doctor to let me try the next higher dose - 100mcg. I feel so much better now. My feet are never cold, I don't lose hair and I am back to being a morning person. Blood work AND symptoms must be addressed.”

New Haven · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 18, 2013

“I really like Levoxyl and am bereft that it's unavailable now. It doesn't affect my weight at all. In fact, I let myself gain about 12 lbs a couple of years ago, juiced for a few days to get my eating back to normal and then proceeded to lose all the weight and then a few more. I have absolutely no side effects. I tried Synthroid once and didn't like it. I have also been on the same dosage, 0.1mg, all this time.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2012

“This medication did help with dry skin and hair associated with Hashimotos and perhaps did lessen my anxiety "somewhat", can't be sure since I also am in menopause and use Vivelle dot patches and Prometrium. I gained 30lbs in about one month of starting it. My TSH is low now and Free T4 almost optimal but Free T3 still too low. CONS: packed on the fat which I cannot get off, raised blood pressure, does not help with constant fatigue.”

O'Fallon March 11, 2013

“Can't lose weight on Levoxyl. I sweat profusely, have brain fog, fatigue and so many symptoms of hypo. ”