User Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Depression
4.8

Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Lauren April 5, 2021

For Depression: “I started on Cymbalta to reduce my back pain praying for a Hail Mary because I tried everything plus surgery and nothing worked. Cymbalta literally changed my life as far as pain goes but it made me absolutely exhausted. My doctor switched me to Fetzima and the energy came back, but still helped with the pain. I started at 20mg and when I went up to 40mg I started getting really angry and went back down to 20mg. I take it like every other day now although I should take it everyday. Out of everything that I’ve tried in the past, an SNRI was my life saver! I give it a 10 For pain but maybe a 5 for depression as I think it makes me more angry, but if I stick to 20mg I’m ok.”

Emera · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2021

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I've been on this medication for approx a month now. Sleeping a bit better, thoughts are a bit clearer BUT I feel so angry and aggressive. Anxiety is through the roof, and its making my home/work life a pure nightmare. I feel nauseous most mornings and a couple times my chest became very tight with excessive sweating. Its early but so far not impressed at all.”

brbormaybeiwont · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2021

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I started taking Fetzima in hopes of finding relief from my depression. I have tried meds off and on for nearly 40 years, nothing seems to bring relief. I suffer from severe trauma from things I endured as a child. This medicine made me feel terrible. I have never experienced the type of depression where I couldn't function. This made me literally not want to do anything. I could hardly get up off the couch. Things I would normally love to do, i just couldn't seem to get it done. Then I would beat myself up because I couldn't get anything done. I've stopped the medicine and will go back to therapy.”

Fetizma February 27, 2014

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I have tried every antidepressant in the books over the past twelve years, you name it, I've been on it for an extended period of time "waiting for it to begin working" I have bipolar tendencies and panic disorder which has been so bad at times I've literally fallen down and been physically crippled for long periods of time, sometimes up to four hours due to hyperventilation. Recently traumatic events one after the other left me also with a whopping case of depression to top everything off. My doctor began a starter pack of the Fetizma and now I'm on an 80 mg dose. My anxiety is all but gone, it leaves me extremely calm without feeling sedated and as an added bonus it seems to have greatly reduced my chronic pain. Life just seems better.”

Katt11max · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2014

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Dealing with depression and anxiety. Tapered off Elavil for three weeks before starting Fetzima.I'm on day 8 with Fetzima. Two days @ 20mg and then up to 40mg per day. Started Fetzima... The first two days felt great...happy and relaxed. The next few I was GRUMPY, Mad at the world. Not irrational, just mad. Bad mood. Now on day eight I'm feeling good. No obsessive thoughts about bad things, thinking super clearly which was a huge issue for me. Don't need as much sleep and seem to have more energy, though not manic. I think I've lost a little weight which is good for me. I was concerned about my blood pressure which was a little high pre Fetzima but no issues. No other side effects.”

Replacing Effexor, Lexapro with Fetzima April 2, 2014

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I have been taking Effexor, 300 mg for 15 years and Lexapro, 40 mg for about eight. I have tried to stop taking Effexor twice with horrible experiences each time. My depression began to increase so the Dr. prescribed stopping Lexapro immediately and gradually decreasing Effexor and replacing it with Fetzima (first 40, now 80mg). I was hesitant due to my prior experiences but the Dr. seemed confident. After 12 weeks, today is my first day without any Effexor, only 80 mg of Fetzima. I feel great; I had no negative side effects from the changes and notice definite improvement in my depression. I believe the depression will continue to lift with time. I am so relieved to finally be free of Effexor I believe Fetzima made it possible.”

GrumpyMonk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 19, 2015

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I've been taking 40mg of Fetzima daily for the past 9 months. For me it's hands down the best antidepressant I've ever tried. My mood is significantly better and I have more energy. Most importantly it has lifted my need for other mood altering medicines. I have been sober for four months without really trying. Amazingly I no longer feel the need to "escape" reality. I hope and pray it continues to work as it's given me a glimpse of what life without addiction and depression can be. It's been life changing. As for side effects I have noticed an increase in irritability. I have had inconsistencies in the bedroom as well. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Overall well worth it for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Diagnosed with MDD, GAD and complex PTSD. This Fetzima medication has literally been a miracle drug for me. Been on different SSRIs and never felt well. I have never felt cognitively sharper, able to function throughout the day, and without feeling sedated. No more negative thoughts and self loathing, low energy, agitation and irritability, inability to leave the house and be productive and crushes my GAD as well. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to live a life I have never known. If you can push through a few weeks of nausea, dizziness and not feeling great you will get to a good place. Give it time to work.”

Panicbutton · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have GAD, Anxiety, Panic Attacks I was having sexual side effects on Cymbalta so my Psychiatrist switched me to Fetzima. He said he wasn't certain it would help with my anxiety, as it is more for depression. However, all of the SNRI that I have tried (Pristiq, Cymbalta, & Fetzima) have done WONDERS for my anxiety. I don't have sexual side effects on Fetzima and I'm thrilled to have found something that works so well for my anxiety. I can actually tell myself "Let's just wait and see what happens, no need to worry about that right now and IT WORKS". I didn't think that would ever be possible.”

ricci92311 March 3, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I switched from Cymbalta which has never done anything great for me. As soon as I started Fetzima people started saying they saw a difference in me. I don't know what I would have done without Fetzima. For the first time since I can remember I feel like a regular human being. I have horrible social anxiety and if I can make myself get out there I do very well now. I no longer keep silent and feel like I shouldn't have the right to speak. I just feel normal like everyone else. I feel happy and normal. All thanks to Fetzima. My blood pressure has gone up but all I did was quite my coffee and caffeine. Actually I took up green tea which has caffeine but my blood pressure is down now. I'd gladly give that up to feel as good as I do.”

depressionville · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Ignore all the negative reviews because this drug might work for you. I've had depression for decades and have tried 18 different drugs over the years. Only 3 meds have worked for me, and Fetzima is one of them. This drug saved my life. The side effects slowly went away over a 6 week time period. Yes, it is energizing at first and you may need to take an extra amount of benzo to calm you down, but the side effects eventually go away for some of us, although it seems like they never will for weeks. Give it time to work!”

Anonymous August 27, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have C-PTSD and MDD. I was put on Effexor XR and I hated it. I slept 20 hours a day, had no energy for anything, had constant nausea so a new doctor prescribed Fetzima 30mg. I have no side effects at all! Last week I was sitting on my balcony and I felt happy. I almost cried, I had not felt this kind of simple bliss in more than 10 years. No other antidepressants ever worked for me and I tried many. Speaking of sleep, my sleep has improved so much on Fetzima. No nightmares like on Effexor XR, I feel rested after 8 hours and I actually want to get out of bed when I wake up. I do noticed that I speak a lot and faster on Fetzima, but it's not as bad for me as other people reported. And I have so so much more energy. I know other people had very bad experience but in my opinion it's really worth trying, you might be one of those people who'll be lucky enough to finally have a chance to really get better just like me!”

Hannah_Brooke · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2014

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I suffer from Severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Panic Disorder . The comment above me was almost like a mirror image! I was so relieved to see that another person has been on every anti-depressant out there and none had really worked... For me however, all the anti-depressants I have been on in the past have actually caused an opposite effect than what they are meant to do. I would become even more depressed and even suicidal. I have Systemic Lupus, (among many other serious health issues) and in my case, the Lupus is very severe. It is pain, every waking moment. The Fetzima 40mg has helped a bit with that, it hasn't made me more depressed and I think I may even be feeling a bit more positive. So, all in all, I think it may be working : )”

CathyNoLife · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Have had MDD for almost 10 years. Lost my job, income, and basically trudging through life. Have taken Lamictal 300mg for years, and Dr. has tried combining with almost every antidepressant out there. Abilify worked great for about a month, my house was clean, lawn decent, and things sorted and organized. Then back to the usual. House a mess, repairs not done, bills not paid. Just wanted to sleep my life away. Started Fetzima at 20mg for 2 days, then have been on 40mg for almost 2 weeks. Feeling energetic and ready to be productive again! Only side effect so far is frequent urination. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!”

for my husband · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I am writing this in memory of my husband. My husband was on anti depression meds for many years. His doctor prescribed fetzima. I wish he never had taken it. I found him after he committed suicide.This was in April 2014. Please be so very careful if you do take this medicine. I miss him everyday.......”

Jennifer · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 23, 2021

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I suffer from BPD, MDD, bipolar, anxiety disorder. I have been on every antidepressant known to man. Fetzima was a game changer. It is the only one that works for me. Zero side effects. I am on 120 mg. Combined with Lamictal, my depression is under control, and I finally have a grip on life. So thankful for Fetzima.”

WeeBeastie January 22, 2015

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Have been on many antidepressants, most either not effective enough or side effects were too much. I am on 40mg in 3rd month. On the side I have much more energy, I am no longer sleeping excessively, my anger/irritability is much less. Most important, my depression is much better and emotionally I feel much better. Now, Started getting headaches, severe ones, that only responded to ice packs. Then my blood pressure went way way up. The headaches are probably related to the elevated blood pressure. I also got the sweats (at first I thought it was menopause, but not so). I was also having a hard time sleeping. Finally heart racing. Will try a bit longer to see if body can adapt to it, because my mood is much better, but worried regarding side effects.”

The Bacon Thug · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2015

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I had recently lost just about everything i had but my truck, and was suffering from major depression. Couldn't even find the strength or will to get off my grandmothers couch. The doc gave me the first 3 weeks dosage (2 20mg then up to 40). The very first day I noticed changes. I had my energy back, I wanted to do things again. The side effects didn't kick in until day 4. Nausea, constipation, and overall foul stomach. My stomach made noises that I've never before heard it make. It was putting me in such a great mood that I just pushed through it and in about a week, with lots of antacid and stool softener, it subsided. This medicine has helped me tremendously so far in my battle with depression.”

Ballofnerves · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I’ve added Fetzima to my maximum dose of Wellbutrin (which I have no negative effects from and been on for years) and it became clear to me a week in that there is a large change in mood for me. It takes some getting used to for sure ... my dreams are vivid but not unpleasant. I’m definitely more focused, less anxious, and have nice happy almost euphoric parts of the day. I’m very sexual? Which was unexpected but I’ll take it lol. So the top strange effect right now are isolated goosebumps, heightened sexual drive, vivid dreams and occasionally flushing for me. From the reviews it really seems like a love-it or hate-it med, and you know quickly what you think of it. I love it and it’s a 50/50 shot so worth a try!”

Getting There · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 20, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “My depression started when I was 13. I tried countless medications with unpleasant side effects with my PCP and then my psychiatrist and nothing relieved my symptoms entirely. I was seriously considering ECT until he gave me some free samples of Fetzima, when I was about 18 and in my first year of college. I cannot describe to you how much of a difference there was but I will try. This medication quite literally saved my life, as I was suicidal pretty much daily in high school. It was much easier to think, sort my feelings out & continue on with my life after about a month at the highest dose (120mg). Though I am still on Wellbutrin and Adderall XR (since age 15/16), this medication lifted my mood immensely and gave me the hope I needed that life will turn out OK. It's expensive since it's newer, insurance partially covered it.”

Was so Tired of it all February 3, 2015

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I came to this website looking to see if anyone else had the impacts that I did. I've been on 10 or so meds prior to this over 20 years now. I hope this isn't inappropriate, but medically speaking I think this might be important to others. After taking this only 6 days now my depression levels have stayed the same, but I can't help but notice my sex drive is back and it's almost unbelievable to me. I lost a marriage over depression and the lack of sex drive because of meds. As well, lack of sex drive in itself made me really depressed. The agony of wanting sex to feel good was unimaginable. But depression in control was more important. And I only switched to this med because of cost. Best thing that has happened to me in forev”

Jade · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have been on Fetzima for at least 4 years. It worked extremely well for me. No side effects after the initial 8 week period. The last year I have been passing out when I stand to long, random racing pulse, unstable blood pressure. My PCP refered me to a cardiologist who diagnosed possible POTS. After going over my med list he said it's probably the Fetzima as it's listed as a side effect. Geesh, who would have thought! So now no Fetzima and I feel crappy but I don't pass out. There is nothing anywhere on long term side effects so beware.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2014

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I was on Fetzima for a couple of months but my depression was still really bad. The doctor kept increasing my dose with no signs of improvement. Eventually, my blood pressure and pulse was so high that I had to come off.”

Greatfultobalive · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I had a rough childhood to sum things up quickly. I was divorced and put myself through nursing school, remarried, bought a house and was very independent until I hit 30 y/o. I started to slowly decompensate mentally. My issues are Bipolar, Boarderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety, Grief-complicated, ADD, Diabetic and obesity. I tried counselling and all kinds of medications for 10 years. My husband is very supportive. Then my 20 y/o son committed suicide in the navy. It didn't hit me until about 9 or 10 months and I became extremely manic and the grief took over. I dissociated and overdosed on my Klonopin and started outpatient treatment. Thats when I started the Fetzima. It saved my life! It took about a one and a half years to work through the grief but I could NOT have done it without the Fetzima. It helped with anxiety and my deperession.”

Meep June 28, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have MDD, GAD, residual PTSD symptoms & nerve damage that causes pain and loads of other issues. I started this in Feb-March 2019 after 2 other failed antidepressants, adverse reactions. I've had 2 med increases over the last year and currently just started the 2nd to get me up to max dosage (similar drugs have been used to treat chronic pain, so that's the theory my doc is going off of). It has been a life saver in conjunction with Buspar for my anxiety. It got rid of most of the urges that came with sucidual idealization and self harm urges during the hardest time of my life(becoming disabled because of the nerve damage). It has helped with my energy levels (mdd+chronic pain=extreme fatigue) and has helped make therapy more effective for me. The side effects I've experienced is the increase in sweating, lower salt in my body, which makes it harder to stay hydrated and nausea when starting it & at med increases but it goes away within about a week.”

TLC · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I was taken off my other medications to see if this one would be more effective. I started with the 20mg for 2 days I did feel crummy but I was also taken off the other meds cold turkey so I figured it was from that. Day 3 I started the 40mg and within 30 minutes I just started to feel unwell then got this horrible pressure in my neck and head that continued to get worse. I also became nauseated, shaky, and weak. I called my PCP and she told me that I should probably go to the ER. When I arrived my blood pressure was 184/124 which is normally 100/60. I felt horrible. I was informed that I had a very bad adverse reaction to this medication and should stop immediately. It is 5 days later and my blood pressure is now normal but not 100 percent. This was just my experience, I know that this medication does work well for others and I hope it does that for you, no one deserves to live with depression, anxiety and etc.. it's horrible and I hope you find something that works!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 2, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I started having serious health problems that I didn't think could be related to anxiety, but it was. I went 6 weeks without being able to drive, had extreme weakness to the point on one occasion I didn't think I could get out of bed. I had an MRI on my brain, an echo on my heart, blood work, and two tests at the dr to make sure I hadn't or wasn't having a heart attack. Spent hundreds seeing a natural dr as well. I tried Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, and one more and it wasn't until I took Fetzima that I actually had a real results. I did have increased energy at first starting at 20mg, but I loved waking up with energy. I went to 40mg and did great for 3-4 months. Tonight is my first increase to 60mg. This drug has made a huge difference for me.”

GDD30 October 17, 2014

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I started Fetzima 4 months ago. My blood pressure went up dramatically to the point that now I am on blood pressure medication. I am also irritable now. I see my doctor in one week and I will tell him to change it. I've never had a blood pressure side effect from medication before. My blood pressure was also normal.”