User Reviews for Levomilnacipran

4.7

Summary of Levomilnacipran reviews 5.0 173 reviews

Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Deemee September 13, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for : "My doc prescribed Fetzima 10 mg for my Generalized anxiety disorder and said I’d feel better in 4 weeks. I couldn’t make it past 4 days on this drug. I quickly started feeling extreme depression and I don’t even have depression, I cried constantly for days on end, I felt no emotion or connection to the things I enjoyed, and the moment that scared me the most was when I started having paranoid thoughts about my husband. I thought that he was the “enemy” I couldn’t think straight at all, I actually had a hard time formulating sentences and I felt drunk. My vision was blurry. I eventually told my husband if I don’t stop this medication I didn't now what could happen as I had became really worried about myself and he supported me stopping immediately. About 12 hrs after stopping I actually began to feel emotion coming back. I also had weird tingling feelings through out my body while on the medication as well. Have someone with you monitoring you. "

Spring · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 29, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've had no side effects with fetzima. I take it with abilify and feel better."

RMH · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "It's helping me get through a difficult patch in life. But I thought I had emotional feelings on Fetzima, at first, now I feel like I have none, really, except for my cats. And I'm only taking 10mg, which is opening up a 20mg capsule and taking 1/2 the beads. This stuff should come in a smaller dose like this for chemically sensitive people. So it's OK, but long term I'll probably end up switching to something else."

Anonymousmeds27 · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Where do I begin? I’ve exhausted almost all of my options for approved antidepressants in Canada, with my fair share of negative & positive experiences. Fetzima is the 2nd worst I’ve ever taken, right above Moclobemide. After only a couple days, I had the worst headache of my life, felt like my brain was in a hydraulic press, couldn’t even open my eyes. This lasted 4 more days until I stopped taking this medication. I experienced nausea, but not as bad as some other reviews state. I experienced the body tingling, although this wasn’t too bothersome. I experienced heart palpitations accompanied by chest pain. There is a disabling brain fog that comes with this medication, it certainly numbs your severe emotions, but leaves you with a miserable feeling of apathetic melancholy. I also experienced ear popping & severe sinus irritation, although I’m unsure if this was related to the medication. Not even close to being worth a try for me, but everyone is different."

Anxiousgirly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Fetzima is ruining my life. Its like poison. After being on Paxil for 4 years. I weaned off it with Dr’s direction. After withdrawal were so awful my Dr put me on Fetzima. First 2 weeks I experienced all day gut rot. Dr said that wasn't Fetzima causing it. Week 3 & 4 were pure torture. From vomiting daily, diarrhea, crying nonstop, fits of rage, chest heaviness, lost 12 lbs. Cant eat, feel like I'm loosing my mind. After 30 days I stopped these meds cold turkey. I'd rather suffer with GAD then live on these kinds of meds. Never been so sick. Haven't been able to work. In my opinion Fetzima is garbage....."

Vk · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "By day 4 on Fetzima I was having so much anger and rage it scared me. Not a common reaction for me. I was talking extremely fast, reacting to almost anything with anger. I did research on Fetzima, called my Dr. immediately and changed off Fetzima and back to my previous medication. It was the most horrible experience. I've never had a medication affect me in such a terrible way. I'm doing great being back on my previous medication. STAY AWAY FROM FETZIMA!!!"

Cloudy · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After over 25 years on every major antidepressant there is, I would find after a few years it stopped working. So this time my Doctor suggested Fetzima. I took 20mg first 2 days then 40mg for a week, now been on 80mg for 4 days. Although my mood is better for the most part I’m so nauseous and constipated I don’t think I can continue this. I see my doctor next week, in the meantime I’m going to go back down to 40mg. Disappointed as I has high hopes for this one."

Tall Chick · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Fetzima turned me into a sweaty, hot, nightmare filled rage monster. I hope this drug works for other people but definitely was not for me."

Luna · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "One of the only medications that has helped me with my depression with out making me feel exhausted or like a zombie. Needing to do something for anxiety on the side as well since it doesn't help much if at all with anxiety. But overall have had a lot more good days on Fetzima. My mood is a lot more stable and generally a lot more good days."

Cee · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have C-PTSD and have tried every antidepressant under the sun, Fetzima is the first that helps with my mental health."

Scott · Taken for 10 years or more May 27, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Tried many antidepressants. SNRI are far superior to all SSRI for my MDD, but at the higher recommended dosages. Effexor XR at 225mg had been the best fairly better than Pristiq and much better than Welbutrin. Won't take Cymbalta or any other hepatic side effects possibilities. Did try in for 6 weeks with no improvement. My insurance covers Fetzima 40mg not much help 80mg vast improvements and 120mg first 2 weeks no difference after that 15 to 20% improvement. Wellbutrin no help. Zoloft importance and no help after 4 weeks so no go. My advice try Effexor XR and don't give up on it until 4 weeks at 225mg. Especially if SSRI aren't working. I had no known side effects at any listed does and been on antidepressants for 17 years"

sum · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Be careful before deciding to take Fetzima for depression, it is absolutely horrible. Caused me severe vomiting almost every day. The worst part was the way it messed with my brain chemistry. Making me angry, confused, and having severe mood swings. It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve been off this medication and still look back on this medication as a real nightmare. It REALLY makes things worse. DON'T TAKE IT."

In The Deep Quiet Night April 4, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on meds throughout the years since I was around 18. I finally gave in and tried meds. Needless to say, it hasn't been successful. I've never had a positive experience. They work for some time and then quit, or don't work at all. My latest med provider had me take the genetic test to see what medications would metabolize correctly. Fetzima was listed as one of them. Needless to say, it has worked wonders. While I still have depression, and one anti-depressant isn't enough, this one hasn't given me a lot of side effects that others have. I am on another one as a mood booster. Because of the known irritation side effect, my provider had me take the initial dosing for roughly a week before titrating up to 40 mg. I am now on 80 mg and doing well. I am glad I asked for this medication. I have gotten energy back and not always wanting to be sleeping, not motivated or other issues I faced when I'm not on a medication that works."

Non · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Prozac quit after 10 wonderful years. Tried many others. Nothing. Then Fetzima can’t get by 20 mg tablet due to nausea, bloating. Then attack either gallbladder or something else? Severe vomiting. Did fetzima trigger gastrointestinal problems? Hasn’t improved mood either. Going off. What to try next? This is a crazy circle. Hopefully one day there will be something better than “try this, “try that” approach. At 70, ready to give up."

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After sobbing for the past few days, and literally breaking down my husband became really upset. He started reading about Fetzima and came to the quick conclusion it was the drug making me sick. I’ve had extremely hostile moments, road rage, anxiety, feeling hopeless and today I even blurted out I feel I might die. I know it’s the Fetzima. I don’t think I will make it until the drug wears off. I've been on it for 2 months. It was not until the symptoms have gotten so severe that I figured it out. To make everything worse when I reported these symptoms to my doctor nothing was changed."

Getting There · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 20, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "My depression started when I was 13. I tried countless medications with unpleasant side effects with my PCP and then my psychiatrist and nothing relieved my symptoms entirely. I was seriously considering ECT until he gave me some free samples of Fetzima, when I was about 18 and in my first year of college. I cannot describe to you how much of a difference there was but I will try. This medication quite literally saved my life, as I was suicidal pretty much daily in high school. It was much easier to think, sort my feelings out & continue on with my life after about a month at the highest dose (120mg). Though I am still on Wellbutrin and Adderall XR (since age 15/16), this medication lifted my mood immensely and gave me the hope I needed that life will turn out OK. It's expensive since it's newer, insurance partially covered it."

Redwood · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "After about a week, I had extreme sweating, palpitations and testicular pain that would get so bad I walked funny. Was a bit pissed off in general and anxious. Soaked the bed and nightclothes in sweat several times a night."

Sabrina November 12, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Going on week 7. I feel less angry. Interested in life more. Feel nauseous though. Pretty good overall."

SD · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I'm on week 4 and so far so good. Just a little constipated but otherwise mood is levelling out."

Asista October 25, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Seriously - where do I begin. I switched after weaning down from zoloft to fetzima, it has been the most horrible experience in my life. The amount of EXTREME RAGE I felt. I had so much frustration and the anger. I felt over things that were only minor inconveniences or annoyance before. It was the most horrifying experience. I snapped at everyone , said things I would never have said in a normal state of mind and cried uncontrollably especially after snapping at people and feeling extremely guilty and embarrassed. I couldn't think clearly let alone get any work done. I stopped taking it after a little over a week . I'm so done with this. It's making me want to give up. Hope I can find something that will work... :( This med has left me feeling hopeless."

Woman · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Trying this for depression, nothing major, lost my motivation and enjoyment for the usual things. Horrible vomiting a few hours after first 20 mg. Pharmacy says try Gravol with it. Tried it for 12 days, had Chills; my extremities are frozen, feet, nose and hands like blocks of ice. Nausea is debilitating, I felt exhausted 24/7. So I stopped for 5 days to allow the nausea to go away. Tried again after 5 days of break. Day one okay, days 2, 3, 4, and 5 the nausea is back and overwhelming. As soon as I try to get mobile the nausea sets in. Sleep is non existent. I don’t think this drug is for me. Back to the doctor I go."

Asdfjkl; · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I started on 20mg if Fetzima for one week and am now on second week at 40mg. Fetzima is NOT FOR ME, as side effects thus far include insomnia, major mood swings, uncontrollable crying over ???, tingling of body, heart pounding, muscle aches and redness of eyes, eyelids and skin around eyes. Using my facial lotions—which never bothered me pre-Fetzima—results in a burning sensation on skin. I also have constant ringing in ears, head rushes, and pre-seizure-like auras (I’ve had a few med-related seizures in the past). Feel angry and irritated like never before. I yelled at another driver (not that he could hear or see me), calling him an ** idiot. I rarely swear so this was quite a sign of “me not being me.” THAT SAID, I’m going to speak w/MD and cease further Fetzima intake pronto."

Pete · Taken for 10 years or more August 21, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Fatima saved my life ! The only side affect I have is hot flashes ! Which really sucks but at least I feel normal again !!!"

Paige · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication has changed my life. I'm finally stable and haven't had an episode of depression in almost 2 years. I believe in this medicine!"

Ginger · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I can't take it!!! I now have severe anger, I'm short tempered and have extreme hot flashes. I getting off it!!!!"