User Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Major Depressive Disorder 5.3
Depression 4.5

Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Mac · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I have been on so many medications , I was going to give up until I starting taking this , saved my life , literally”

Meep June 28, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have MDD, GAD, residual PTSD symptoms & nerve damage that causes pain and loads of other issues. I started this in Feb-March 2019 after 2 other failed antidepressants, adverse reactions. I've had 2 med increases over the last year and currently just started the 2nd to get me up to max dosage (similar drugs have been used to treat chronic pain, so that's the theory my doc is going off of). It has been a life saver in conjunction with Buspar for my anxiety. It got rid of most of the urges that came with sucidual idealization and self harm urges during the hardest time of my life(becoming disabled because of the nerve damage). It has helped with my energy levels (mdd+chronic pain=extreme fatigue) and has helped make therapy more effective for me. The side effects I've experienced is the increase in sweating, lower salt in my body, which makes it harder to stay hydrated and nausea when starting it & at med increases but it goes away within about a week.”

saneToCrazy · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

For Depression: “At first I got a subtle lift in energy. After that it felt like I was on a terrible roller coaster going from okay-ish to completely terrible. For a few days I got enraged, which I had never felt in my life prior to this. Then another day I became convinced that society was going to collapse and there was no point in continuing. Again, I had never felt this way before. I feel a lurking sense of dread and want to stay in bed all day, despite my increased energy. Then on other days I feel almost fine. It's crazy. I'm getting off this as soon as possible.”

Panicbutton · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have GAD, Anxiety, Panic Attacks I was having sexual side effects on Cymbalta so my Psychiatrist switched me to Fetzima. He said he wasn't certain it would help with my anxiety, as it is more for depression. However, all of the SNRI that I have tried (Pristiq, Cymbalta, & Fetzima) have done WONDERS for my anxiety. I don't have sexual side effects on Fetzima and I'm thrilled to have found something that works so well for my anxiety. I can actually tell myself "Let's just wait and see what happens, no need to worry about that right now and IT WORKS". I didn't think that would ever be possible.”

E · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I started fetzima in the middle of January 2020 it is now March. Unfortunately it isn’t doing much in helping my anxiety, my obsessive thoughts. It has helped me from feeling destitute. My energy is up. I think it has less side effects than other SSRIs and SNRI. About my obsessive thoughts - I think about things that upset me in the past. I did do this before I wasn’t on anything but I feel like I do it more often then I use to. Also I read these reviews and see people were in “rage” on this medication - pretty scary. So now I’m thinking I’m like that too lol. I try my best to remember that everything will be okay. Something that has helped ..it seems.. is I take a break of it for a day. Next day I seem to have better clarity. Make sure to advocate for yourself for what’s best for you. They tell you to try different medications I haven’t found much difference in most of them. Good luck to you - love”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Diagnosed with MDD, GAD and complex PTSD. This Fetzima medication has literally been a miracle drug for me. Been on different SSRIs and never felt well. I have never felt cognitively sharper, able to function throughout the day, and without feeling sedated. No more negative thoughts and self loathing, low energy, agitation and irritability, inability to leave the house and be productive and crushes my GAD as well. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to live a life I have never known. If you can push through a few weeks of nausea, dizziness and not feeling great you will get to a good place. Give it time to work.”

TLC · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “I was taken off my other medications to see if this one would be more effective. I started with the 20mg for 2 days I did feel crummy but I was also taken off the other meds cold turkey so I figured it was from that. Day 3 I started the 40mg and within 30 minutes I just started to feel unwell then got this horrible pressure in my neck and head that continued to get worse. I also became nauseated, shaky, and weak. I called my PCP and she told me that I should probably go to the ER. When I arrived my blood pressure was 184/124 which is normally 100/60. I felt horrible. I was informed that I had a very bad adverse reaction to this medication and should stop immediately. It is 5 days later and my blood pressure is now normal but not 100 percent. This was just my experience, I know that this medication does work well for others and I hope it does that for you, no one deserves to live with depression, anxiety and etc.. it's horrible and I hope you find something that works!!”

glide · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Took Fetzima for 2 days and had to stop because of dizziness, nausea and fever. It's the first time a medication makes me feel this bad. Don't take this poison.”

fullhouser · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “This medication Fetzima was given to me in sample boxes by my doctor. The starting dose was 20mg for a week then went up to 40mg. After a few weeks on 40mg I found myself feeling suicidal. I tapered down to 20mg but there was not enough samples left for a full taper. My doctor went on giving me a prescription for 20mg of fetzima for 30 days and the cost was $150. I was shocked, it's not covered by most benefits and I couldn't afford the 150$ a month on top of my other bills. I I've tried a series of medications and have yet to find ones that work. the only ones that have seemed to helped a bit have been prozac and effexor.”

J · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Absolutely awful. Took it for 5 days and became a complete rage monster, just like the other reviewers. I hope you can all find something that works for you, whatever that ends up being (even if it's this!) and remember: many things exist that you can't see right now, and a purpose for living is no different. Good luck, mental health warriors!”

The dude · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “After being on literally every other SSRI and SNRI available, I’ve realized that SNRIs are better for me. I tried them all before coming to Fetzima and I when I started it I finally felt like WOW, this is the one. I didn’t experience any nausea, but I did have a strange testicular pain as I have seen others mention. Not really a pain, but more like if you were standing out in freezing weather naked 24/7. Which is probably why it is very closely related to the number one side effect and reason I stopped taking it. Premature Ejaculation. Which is odd for two reasons: 1. Typically SSRI/SNRI cause the opposite (which was true for me), and 2: I have yet to find one other account of this happening. Anyway, I felt amazing mentally, perfect almost, but these two symptoms caused me to go off and then back to it 4 times in 3 years.”

Deemee September 13, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran): “My doc prescribed Fetzima 10 mg for my Generalized anxiety disorder and said I’d feel better in 4 weeks. I couldn’t make it past 4 days on this drug. I quickly started feeling extreme depression and I don’t even have depression, I cried constantly for days on end, I felt no emotion or connection to the things I enjoyed, and the moment that scared me the most was when I started having paranoid thoughts about my husband. I thought that he was the “enemy” I couldn’t think straight at all, I actually had a hard time formulating sentences and I felt drunk. My vision was blurry. I eventually told my husband if I don’t stop this medication I didn't now what could happen as I had became really worried about myself and he supported me stopping immediately. About 12 hrs after stopping I actually began to feel emotion coming back. I also had weird tingling feelings through out my body while on the medication as well. Have someone with you monitoring you. ”

Spring · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 29, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I've had no side effects with fetzima. I take it with abilify and feel better.”

RMH · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “It's helping me get through a difficult patch in life. But I thought I had emotional feelings on Fetzima, at first, now I feel like I have none, really, except for my cats. And I'm only taking 10mg, which is opening up a 20mg capsule and taking 1/2 the beads. This stuff should come in a smaller dose like this for chemically sensitive people. So it's OK, but long term I'll probably end up switching to something else.”

Anonymousmeds27 · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Where do I begin? I’ve exhausted almost all of my options for approved antidepressants in Canada, with my fair share of negative & positive experiences. Fetzima is the 2nd worst I’ve ever taken, right above Moclobemide. After only a couple days, I had the worst headache of my life, felt like my brain was in a hydraulic press, couldn’t even open my eyes. This lasted 4 more days until I stopped taking this medication. I experienced nausea, but not as bad as some other reviews state. I experienced the body tingling, although this wasn’t too bothersome. I experienced heart palpitations accompanied by chest pain. There is a disabling brain fog that comes with this medication, it certainly numbs your severe emotions, but leaves you with a miserable feeling of apathetic melancholy. I also experienced ear popping & severe sinus irritation, although I’m unsure if this was related to the medication. Not even close to being worth a try for me, but everyone is different.”

Anxiousgirly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Fetzima is ruining my life. Its like poison. After being on Paxil for 4 years. I weaned off it with Dr’s direction. After withdrawal were so awful my Dr put me on Fetzima. First 2 weeks I experienced all day gut rot. Dr said that wasn't Fetzima causing it. Week 3 & 4 were pure torture. From vomiting daily, diarrhea, crying nonstop, fits of rage, chest heaviness, lost 12 lbs. Cant eat, feel like I'm loosing my mind. After 30 days I stopped these meds cold turkey. I'd rather suffer with GAD then live on these kinds of meds. Never been so sick. Haven't been able to work. In my opinion Fetzima is garbage.....”

Vk · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “By day 4 on Fetzima I was having so much anger and rage it scared me. Not a common reaction for me. I was talking extremely fast, reacting to almost anything with anger. I did research on Fetzima, called my Dr. immediately and changed off Fetzima and back to my previous medication. It was the most horrible experience. I've never had a medication affect me in such a terrible way. I'm doing great being back on my previous medication. STAY AWAY FROM FETZIMA!!!”

Cloudy · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “After over 25 years on every major antidepressant there is, I would find after a few years it stopped working. So this time my Doctor suggested Fetzima. I took 20mg first 2 days then 40mg for a week, now been on 80mg for 4 days. Although my mood is better for the most part I’m so nauseous and constipated I don’t think I can continue this. I see my doctor next week, in the meantime I’m going to go back down to 40mg. Disappointed as I has high hopes for this one.”

Tall Chick · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Fetzima turned me into a sweaty, hot, nightmare filled rage monster. I hope this drug works for other people but definitely was not for me.”

Luna · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “One of the only medications that has helped me with my depression with out making me feel exhausted or like a zombie. Needing to do something for anxiety on the side as well since it doesn't help much if at all with anxiety. But overall have had a lot more good days on Fetzima. My mood is a lot more stable and generally a lot more good days.”

Cee · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have C-PTSD and have tried every antidepressant under the sun, Fetzima is the first that helps with my mental health.”

Scott · Taken for 10 years or more May 27, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Tried many antidepressants. SNRI are far superior to all SSRI for my MDD, but at the higher recommended dosages. Effexor XR at 225mg had been the best fairly better than Pristiq and much better than Welbutrin. Won't take Cymbalta or any other hepatic side effects possibilities. Did try in for 6 weeks with no improvement. My insurance covers Fetzima 40mg not much help 80mg vast improvements and 120mg first 2 weeks no difference after that 15 to 20% improvement. Wellbutrin no help. Zoloft importance and no help after 4 weeks so no go. My advice try Effexor XR and don't give up on it until 4 weeks at 225mg. Especially if SSRI aren't working. I had no known side effects at any listed does and been on antidepressants for 17 years”

sum · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Be careful before deciding to take Fetzima for depression, it is absolutely horrible. Caused me severe vomiting almost every day. The worst part was the way it messed with my brain chemistry. Making me angry, confused, and having severe mood swings. It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve been off this medication and still look back on this medication as a real nightmare. It REALLY makes things worse. DON'T TAKE IT.”

In The Deep Quiet Night April 4, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have been on meds throughout the years since I was around 18. I finally gave in and tried meds. Needless to say, it hasn't been successful. I've never had a positive experience. They work for some time and then quit, or don't work at all. My latest med provider had me take the genetic test to see what medications would metabolize correctly. Fetzima was listed as one of them. Needless to say, it has worked wonders. While I still have depression, and one anti-depressant isn't enough, this one hasn't given me a lot of side effects that others have. I am on another one as a mood booster. Because of the known irritation side effect, my provider had me take the initial dosing for roughly a week before titrating up to 40 mg. I am now on 80 mg and doing well. I am glad I asked for this medication. I have gotten energy back and not always wanting to be sleeping, not motivated or other issues I faced when I'm not on a medication that works.”

Non · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: “Prozac quit after 10 wonderful years. Tried many others. Nothing. Then Fetzima can’t get by 20 mg tablet due to nausea, bloating. Then attack either gallbladder or something else? Severe vomiting. Did fetzima trigger gastrointestinal problems? Hasn’t improved mood either. Going off. What to try next? This is a crazy circle. Hopefully one day there will be something better than “try this, “try that” approach. At 70, ready to give up.”