User Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Also known as: Fetzima

Learn more about Levomilnacipran.

Major Depressive Disorder 51 reviews 46 medications

Depression 55 reviews 80 medications

4.8
Summary of Levomilnacipran reviews 106 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "This works better than anything I've tried. I was doing well with Strattera for 4 years then it stopped working. I did well on Wellbutrin many years, it stopped working, etc. With Fetzima I get up easily in the morning because I lay in bed for at least 15 minutes, I pet and play with my cat, have quiet time saying things I'm grateful for and sometimes I get guidance for information for my day. I don't overeat anymore, I get full fast, can only eat 1/2 as much as I used to because I get bloated which helps. My headaches went away after 2 months and my sweating is almost gone away now after 3 months. I feel good and motivated to do things. I'm not hyper like with Wellbutrin."

SagingRose November 28, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I too have experienced a lot of loss especially with my divorce. I started up on the Fetzima recently and I'm experiencing fairly persistent symptoms of nausea. I was at 40 mg, but I'm finding that I am having to titrate, because I just can't take the effects of the nausea. I'm trying to stick it out, perhaps go down to 20 mg a day and see where I'm at at this point. I've also tried many medications, and I'm feeling extremely frustrated and somewhat hopeless. Have other people had similar experiences on this medication as far as getting over the hump of nausea? There just doesn't seem to be a lot of options."

Paulfhhgggfffdf November 25, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Good so far"

Slutty November 12, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I have suffered from hereditary clinical depression for several years. The death of my mother, two loved animals (horse and dog), a divorce that is endless and painful, have all added to my depression, and a new doctor prescribed Fetzima. Now I feel totally insane. My stomach hurts every time I eat; my heart pounds to the point that I wonder if I should go to an ER almost every day; I can't fall asleep and when I do I have stressful nightmares (never had bad dreams before); and every day I feel an anger and rage that makes no sense at all. I have to remind myself to take a deep breath and not act out this new mean personality on my dogs or my friends. No matter what my doctor's opinion, this poison stops tomorrow."

Justwannafeelgood November 10, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have changed my rating from 4 to 1. Upon recommendation of my counselor, I saw a physciatrist to regulate my antidepressant medication. Thank the Lord!!! Physciatrist switched me to another antidepressant that has been on the market for a long time. It is actually the first one I was ever prescribed, Zoloft. I'm into my 6th day off Fetizma and I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Fetizma had me in a state of mental anguish. I wanted to harm myself. I was so sad, so sad, then rages, then shame over ugliest behavior ever. I hate this medication."

SouthernSister (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Been on 40mg of Fetzima for about 3 months and love it! So helpful for mood and energy. I also have increased sex drive and zero cravings, hence, inevitable weight loss. 40mg is the only dose I have taken, so my experience might be different if dose was higher or lower. This drug reminds me of Wellbutrin (which is NDRI), but slightly less stimulating. Cons: still brand name only, so can be expensive depending on where you live and insurance situation. Also, Fetzima is only approved to treat depression, so no improvement in anxiety symptoms. Vistaril helps with this, especially if you or your doctor are hesitant about benzos."

Alternaace (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I gave it a 5 because Im only on day 5 of treatment. The only reason I'm leaving a review is because the side effects have been awful already. I've vomited every single day between last Wednesday (first dose) and today (Monday, 5th dose). I've had a killer headache 3 out of 5 days. I can't sleep for longer than a couple of hours, which makes no sense as I'm on 2 different sedatives - I should definitely be sleeping. And i've been constantly covered in sweat. Even when I feel cold, I'm sweating like an animal. I haven't noticed any mood changes (positive or negative) which is expected because of the short time I've been taking it. I just thought I'd share the side effects and hope they go away with continued treatment!"

borderliningky (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I believe this medicine is making me more agitated. I am in pain as I am waiting to have knee replacement in a month, but I did not act this way with my first knee pain which lead to knee replacement. I am acting so extremely different, crying, cussing, being ashamed, sharply irritated, over and over. I say and think the ugliest things, then I'll cry over a commercial or something out if the blue. I feel like I'm going crazy. I believe part of this is due to my doctor instructing me to abruptly stop taking cymbalta 30 (was low level bc I have increased liver enzymes) to Fetizma 40. No tapering down from Cymbalta or ramping up on Fetizma. I have taken Cymbalta for years. Could this be it? If so, when will it end."

southern sister (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I started having serious health problems that I didn't think could be related to anxiety, but it was. I went 6 weeks without being able to drive, had extreme weakness to the point on one occasion I didn't think I could get out of bed. I had an MRI on my brain, an echo on my heart, blood work, and two tests at the dr to make sure I hadn't or wasn't having a heart attack. Spent hundreds seeing a natural dr as well. I tried Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, and one more and it wasn't until I took Fetzima that I actually had a real results. I did have increased energy at first starting at 20mg, but I loved waking up with energy. I went to 40mg and did great for 3-4 months. Tonight is my first increase to 60mg. This drug has made a huge difference for me."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was diagnosed with Depression when I was 14 years old. Now that I'm 22 I decided to take control. I was basically a guinea pig by trying all sorts of different medicines to help me feel better. I was just recently diagnosed with anxiety and also PTSD. I started to talk to my doctor after my episode and she put me on Fetzima. At first when I started it it made me sick and nauseous and I was constantly so tired. She helped level the medicine out and put me on Wellbutrin to help keep me less tired. With these medicines,I have been on them for 2 months and I can honestly say I feel normal again. I still have negative thoughts but they only last a few seconds. I love Fetzima. It has seriously changed my life for the better."

323devin September 28, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "This norepinephrine dominant SNRI has helped tremendously with my depression. It has given me increased energy and focus without sleep disturbance. So far, no significant sexual side effects (will post later if this changes.) Currently at 40 mg; may go up to 80 mg in preparation for seasonal mood worsening. I do believe the medication is also helping me with mild-to-moderate age-related aches and pains. Overall, very satisfied!! PS. No side effects for me; or I'm interpreting the side effects as positive, i.e. increased focus and energy, yet that's what these meds are supposed to do. Maybe someone else might interpret the energy and focus as anxiety."

Bausten44 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "My experience with this medication is terrible. I have moved up to 40 mg daily. I have had a rapid heart beat all day. The mood swings are terrible, running nose, the sweats, body aching, headache and just feel very irritable the dreams are more like nightmares. I am not sure how they still market this drug but I would not recommend this to anyone. It is not an anti depressant but an anti feel good product. I have never written a review before but feel so strong that other people should not get involved in this drug."

Paisan Man (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This is an update to my comments from March. I am still very happy with it. I did experience itching and sweating initially but those side effects are long gone. I also felt teary and emotional for several months. At first, I thought the Fetzima was providing some pain relief, but , I must have just been having a remission period. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. I do think it is having a wonderful effect on my binge eating disorder. I have lost much of my interest in junk food and sweets. I can occasionally eat these things without going overboard or setting my self up for cravings. I have not lost my appetite, but I have found myself becoming satisfied with less food and have been losing weight without much effort."

vegwellian (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have MDD (12yrs), chronic pain (17yrs), anxiety & social/agoraphobias. For the last 3 years, I barely left the house & rarely left my bed. Things grew extremely dark this past year...I cared for nothing except my dog without whom I wouldn't be here now. The psychiatrists & antidepressants I tried for years either failed miserably or made things worse. I managed to see a new psychiatrist who put me on a combo of Fetzima & Rexulti. This combo made a HUGE difference for me. It feels like someone turned on the lights & I can finally see some kind of future. It's still hard, but not impossible. Don't let the bad reviews scare you off! If you've been struggling, try it. It might help you. Just be watchful of the possible side effects."

XIM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I took this medicine for a few days. The rage I had at all times was so intense it frightened me. It made me have thoughts of hurting others to the point I could not work for fear of hurting people I work with. I had to board my cats to keep from hurting them. I have been off this drug for a year but now when I try other anti depressants the rage seems to come back."

okfitz August 11, 2016

For Depression: "I have been taking Fetzima for 2-weeks. Headache is my major side effect. I am not used to having headaches and it makes me feel foggy. I do sweat more than usual when I am hot. Positives: decreased appetite, weight loss. This drug is not as effective for anxiety as Paxil, but I gained 20 pounds in 3 months on Paxil."

ATX-K (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had depression for about 13 years know or I guess it started out as anxiety. I have been on every medication you can name. Most had side effects and had to be switched but nothing serious. I was on Celexa for about ten years and then about three years ago it just stopped working. That is when I was diagnosed with major depression. I don't have a marriage anymore after twenty-two years, lost my job after nine years, can hardly get out of bed most days. I'm not living living, I'm serviving. My doctor put my on Fetzima and after not seeing any improvement at 40mg he moved me up to 80mg. I started not being able to urinate without forcing it out and had to go every two hours. I have never had bladder problems before. I got off the pills"

Lisa44constantpeeing (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Sweating is embarrassing. It's better than nothing at all, but not great."

IWantRemussion (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2016

For Depression: "I can't accurately vouch for this drug if it works or not. But I've had immense side effects and possible allergic reactions. I've had chills, dizziness, and itching on my hands and feet which I are most likely an allergic reaction. And I've had constipation every day, diarrhea, major irritability, and strong desires to cry for no reason"

Rachel Hope (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm not sure about Fetzima's effectiveness as I'm on day four of treatment. As for side effects, I noticed that I started sweating more on day 3 (40 MG), a lack of appetite, and some minor nausea. Occasionally I'll get anxious, but I'm not sure if it's specific to the Fetzima or my general anxiety."

WaveGirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This felt like I was on speed. Could not sleep, racing thoughts, could not concentrate, sweating all the time. Extremely uncomfortable. I took min dose 4 days and no more. Felt horrible"

Lannie12 June 22, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "spent 3 days only on this. It made me so angry I just wanted to hurt someone, also on day 2 my eyes started twitching off and on all day. stopped taking this on day 4...guess what? 2 months later, my eyes still twitch daily!"

brandy nichole May 29, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Ignore all the negative reviews because this drug might work for you. I've had depression for decades and have tried 18 different drugs over the years. Only 3 meds have worked for me, and Fetzima is one of them. This drug saved my life. The side effects slowly went away over a 6 week time period. Yes, it is energizing at first and you may need to take an extra amount of benzo to calm you down, but the side effects eventually go away for some of us, although it seems like they never will for weeks. Give it time to work!"

depressionville (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I just started on this new drug. I am very nervous about the side effects as many are listed .... But I've tried so many different medications I have to give this one a try!! I was taking Prisiq but had a reaction from the sun ( even with sunscreen ) so took myself off. I enjoy sitting in the sun and was on vacation. On my second day of taking Fetzima no side effects other than my heart feels like it's pounding a bit but nothing that bothers me too much. I really hope this medication works for me. Stay tuned!!"

New to this drug April 30, 2016

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I didn't feel this drug did much of anything to lessen my depression. It did give me night and day sweats, dry mouth and a foggy mental state that offer made clear thinking more difficult"

Susan N (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016