User Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Depression
4.9

Summary of Levomilnacipran reviews 5.1 144 reviews

Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on everything you can think of. This along with Wellbutrin have been the only things to keep me out of a constant depressive state. I still have my bouts of depression (currently in one ) but they are never as severe as they were when I was on SSRI's."

ch1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Well my wellbutrin stopped working after 4 yrs. Explained as tolerance. Switched onto Fetzima for 1+ yr. First 5 days, I took a lot of naps, dizziness, nausea, and surprisingly constipation. By week 2, it subsided and mood was better, but not fantastic. Fetzima was a crutch..cuz I was functional and could get around but not as well as I used to. But without this crutch I would be hopping around, if not immobilized so to speak. It did it's job..just nothing special. Better on it than off of it. But depression is back now. I don't recommend fetzima, but if it works, it works. Give it a chance. Wait 2-3 weeks to see how u feel. I tapered off it n I start back on Wellbutrin today (which for ME has been the best med I've ever taken). Best of luck. Remember each individual has a unique brain chemistry, so meds are always trial and error. If you don't like it, tell your doc and don't be afraid to switch, just heed warning to withdrawals and taper off accordingly."

Tish (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I went on Fetzima after Cymbalta stopped working for me. I'm on 40mg (about to start the tapering process, wish me luck...) and I take it alongside Lamictal 150mg and Klonopin 0.5mg (twice a day). I had high hopes for Fetzima but it's been a huge letdown. I've stuck with it for nearly 6 months because I really wanted to give it a chance (and I'm running out of options...) but it never delivered. In fact my anxiety is the worst it's been in years, along with compulsive skin-picking and trouble falling asleep. I also have food cravings with associated weight gain (SSRIs wrecked havoc on my weight but switching to SNRIs really helped... until Fetzima). But the worst side effect by far is the headaches. I was hoping they would eventually go away but I still get almost daily headaches that sometimes degenerate into crippling migraines. OTC painkillers do nothing to alleviate them and they are the main reason why I've decided to stop Fetzima - Nasty side effects with no benefits."

Zumi45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I was switched from anxiety medication to Fetzima. I was very nervous at first, not knowing what to expect and reading a million different reviews. From my personal experience, this medication has been amazing. I have been feeling so well. For the first time in years I actually enjoyed Christmas instead of stressing myself out beyond belief. I actually feel like I can cope with family, work and life stresses. I tend to overextend myself and try to go above and beyond for holidays, Birthday ‘s, school functions, etc. I can handle it now without having a breakdown and I know my limitations and have learned it’s ok to reach out to others for help. Medicine reacts differently with everyone but I personally have had such a wonderful experience and am so glad I listened to my doctor and tried this. It has been a success for me."

JamJamN8946 February 8, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I took Fetzima for about 8 or 9 months for a bout of depression I had. Unlike other anti-depressants that I had tried in the past, this medicine took a really long time to kick in. I would say I didn't get better in my depression until about 3 months after taking. And Fetzima did work. However, not without side effects. Most particularly the sexual side effects and what seemed like some type of problem cutting off my urination. I'm a guy by the way. All in all, it did work and helped me feel better. But after nearly 9 months of it, the side effects became to bothersome so I switched off. I wouldn't go back on it again unless I was completely desperate."

PillBillyOH January 26, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have struggled profoundly w severe depression for 40 years . I have tried 23 different anti-depressive drugs in multiple different combinations without luck . Last year I underwent ECT (electric shock treatments).I felt better briefly . When the depression returned I turned to Fetzima before trying the MAOI's . I am fortunate not to be experiencing the most serious side effects , although I may be having trouble w my eye due to the drug . I am depression free for the first time in years and very grateful ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Increased anxiety, caused hallucinations and sleep paralysis. Was on no other medication, drug or alcohol use."

Cassandrab January 3, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I had been in bed depressed for like six months. I had tried several antidepressants that did not help for some reason. My Dr.@ the time gave me samples of Fetzima. I had never heard of it. So over time it began to work and it was a miracle for me because I had literally given up on life itself. I was thinking about changing because I have severe back pain and some antidepressants say they help with physical pain but I think of how far I've come from being suicidal and not able to get out of bed or stop crying. I will stick with the Fetzima. Thanks who ever makes it you helped me a great deal. I say the good out weighs the small side effects I get like sweats & back pain. Worth a try."

diamond in the ruff (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Fetzima has to be the worst drug I've ever taken for my depression. I had been on moderate doses of Prozac for 8 years prior until the drug no longer affected me beneficially. The fetzima had positive effects at first, but I think it was a placebo effect. A month into taking the drug I still felt depression and frequently spaced out/felt a mental fog. The physical symptoms also presented themselves. I began to have frequent urgencies to urinate but could not. Always a false alarm. A few week later I developed a clear discharge which I thought was the result of an STD. My results came back negative for all STDs. I have been off the drug for about two months and all side effects are no longer present."

bthomasdickinson (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on every antidepressant made, it seems. This is the best one by far. Everyone noticed a significant difference within less than a week. I was up to 120mg a day due to my extreme anxiety and not able to leave my house. The 120mg had everything under control and I wasn't even having to take my xanax, but my doctor felt I had began to become "flat". He dropped me back down to 80mg and now all of my anxiety, irritability, inability to focus, have came back worse! I actually have a call in to him to see is I can go back up to 120mg. Even with the issues I am having now since my dosage was reduced, I still think this has been the best medicine I have taken."

ch1982 November 28, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The three days that I took this medication for my depression I had a horrible experience. I felt as though the Medicine turned me into someone that I didn't recognize. I became so angry and irate that I could rip someones head off. I couldn't control my feelings. Crying, Sadness, Angry and felt like I was Manic. I even quit my Job. My life is now ruined."

Tmg4me (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I struggled with symptoms of depression/anxiety since childhood, something that was the result of a naturally sensitive disposition, family history and a history of bullying and self-worth issues. I took this medication for 2 years and it was the only one that I could tolerate well that worked. I had previously been on Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, and Wellbutrin, which I had to discontinue due to seizures, though it was effective. This medication, along with psychotherapy and a lot of work put into rebuilding a social network, helped me recover from very persistent depression. I still struggle with anxiety from time to time but it's nothing major. It gave me the momentum to keep going during a very challenging period of my life."

Keep Going (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I started taking this medication two days ago and have already have a severe reaction to it. I am having severe panic attacks, nausea, body pain, headaches, and I keep uncontrollably crying. It seems as if these are very common side effects and I am basically a walking zombie. I have no emotion, no feeling, and can’t think straight. I wouldn’t recommend this medication to anyone."

Anonymous517 November 2, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "After 5 days of 40mg, I jump to the 80mg and almost immediately start have both pain in my testicles as well as very slow urination accompanied by pain as well. The pain would be significant enough to make it hard to sleep at times. This is in addition to the sexual dysfunction, shivers, gastrointestinal problems, and probably other "insignificant" side-effects. This medicine was garbage for me. After 24 hours off the medication, all side effects subside, thank goodness. And on top of all these side effects, it did nothing for my depression."

iwtste October 26, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Fetzima, I was originally turned off by the name because of the douchey Zima drink that was the rage for a few months back in 2009. After that I have to say this medication works FOR ME. Everyone is different. I've tried almost everything in a psych. Hand book even cocktails of medications. I am happy to say the current 80 mg dose has been a dramatic change in my life. Like most with bad depression and anxiety stemming from childhood it can be crippling effecting everything an everyone in your life. I'm happy to say I have turned things around on this particular cocktail of medication but I will say this the fetzima is the thing that made the difference. It's like adding mint to a mojito. Things turnedgood from the start of fetzima."

916 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I tried fetzima for a week going from 20mg to 40mg. I had the worst headaches, chills, and GI problems. I like to exercise and I was afraid I was going to pass out from being so light headed. I stopped taking it, but then changed my mind a month later and went back on. Again, the same side effects even staying on the 20mg. Today will be my last day. I can't live in the bathroom."

Alwaysinthebathroom August 23, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After taking this medicine for six months now I feel much better I have a lot more energy I could think more clear. However when I first started it I had headaches for the first month and still to this day I sweat excessively but it's worth the side effects to know that my head is clear and my anxiety is half of what it used to be."

Jamielynn1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken fetzima for 16 months and I have had mostly ups and some downs.The ups: fetzima has helped my social anxiety and with feeling worthless. Before fetzima, anytime I would get around a lot of people it was like I went into a brain fog and couldn't think. After fetzima, the best way I can describe it is, I can feel my anxiety starting and the feeling of it building up, but then it stops; it doesn't develop into wanting to retreat and be alone. I feel like I can do things that I mentally couldn't before fetzima. The downs: there have been times it seemed like it stopped working, as long as a month at a time. Early on I got nauseous which lasted about a year.I take adderall too, and I realized what time of day I take both matters as well."

Devdev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I've taken several different SSRIs and SNRI's. This medication is the worst I have even taken. It makes me feel worse than I felt before I started taking anything at all - sweating, hot flashes, my mouth constantly tastes like I drank salt water, constipated, bloated, nausea, exhausted. You name It. EXTREME RAGE!!!! stay away from this med. it's a scary thing"

Asdf238495 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've tried 20+ meds over the last 30 years to treat depression. I've had wonderful results with Fetzima and Trileptal. I've been on the medication about 18 months now. Some GI issues, some sweating, though not as intense as others have mentioned. As I've increased dosage I definitely experienced rage, but it subsided within a week. I've had an increase in blood pressure, but it was already high & a med adjustment solved it. A weird side effect: I talk a lot more than I did before. I can stop myself, but the tendency is new. I can deal with these side effects. They've not been intense or long lasting. My depression was horrible for 7+ years. I've gone from failed suicide attempts to feeling good again. I'm very grateful for this drug."

SophieIreland (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Was on Fetzima for a week and got Serotonin Syndrome. This is my 5th day off of the med and I am still nauseous, hot, red hot flushed face and chest, body aches and pain. Sweating, chills, goose bumps, constant headache, etc. Ugh, hope it goes away soon, this sucks!!!"

bppeanut (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I was surprised to see that there were some reviews that showed it wasn't helping some people. I'm very sorry for that. Depression runs in my family. I've been on over 20 different antidepressants throughout my life. Nothing has ever worked. I don't recall any improvement from anything. I started fetzima about 2 years ago. I felt relief within 1 week. I couldn't believe the difference within 2 weeks. I have experienced some rough times. I've had a few suicide attempts and woke up in ICU 3 times. I'm not trying to say I've had it worse than anyone. I'm just saying that was the place I was in. This was the only med that worked. The only drawback is the cost. It's very expensive without a savings card."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had depression most of my life but well controlled. I had a very traumatic experience that totally changed my life. It totally turned my life upside down. My doctor prescribed Fetzima. I this helped to some point. I still don't feel like I can be myself and enjoy life. I have been better on other things."

Cassmar1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Also wanted to add since I ran out of room on my last post that this medication has also caused me to have SEVERE hot flashes, I'm going through menopause but my hot flashes were not as bad until I started taking fetzima, after I went off of it for 3 months my hot flashes almost vanished, not as severe and not so many and now I've been back on fetzima again for 3 months and HELLO HOT FLASHES, this medication is the worst!!!!!!!!"

ThereseCup (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2017

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was 120mg. Was great for my mood, but I had several side effects including: increase blood pressure, tachycardia, urinary hesitation, constipation, bloating, stomach pain, dry mouth, nausea, and UTI. My Dr. told me to choose whether I wanted to feel good mentally or physically. Looking for new Dr. I think I deserve both. one without the other is simply existing,and I want to live life happy and healthy."

Mrs. WP May 25, 2017