User Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Depression
4.8

Summary of Levomilnacipran reviews 5.0 161 reviews

Reviews for Levomilnacipran

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Prozac quit after 10 wonderful years. Tried many others. Nothing. Then Fetzima can’t get by 20 mg tablet due to nausea, bloating. Then attack either gallbladder or something else? Severe vomiting. Did fetzima trigger gastrointestinal problems? Hasn’t improved mood either. Going off. What to try next? This is a crazy circle. Hopefully one day there will be something better than “try this, “try that” approach. At 70, ready to give up."

Non (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After sobbing for the past few days, and literally breaking down my husband became really upset. He started reading about Fetzima and came to the quick conclusion it was the drug making me sick. I’ve had extremely hostile moments, road rage, anxiety, feeling hopeless and today I even blurted out I feel I might die. I know it’s the Fetzima. I don’t think I will make it until the drug wears off. I've been on it for 2 months. It was not until the symptoms have gotten so severe that I figured it out. To make everything worse when I reported these symptoms to my doctor nothing was changed."

Linda (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "My depression started when I was 13. I tried countless medications with unpleasant side effects with my PCP and then my psychiatrist and nothing relieved my symptoms entirely. I was seriously considering ECT until he gave me some free samples of Fetzima, when I was about 18 and in my first year of college. I cannot describe to you how much of a difference there was but I will try. This medication quite literally saved my life, as I was suicidal pretty much daily in high school. It was much easier to think, sort my feelings out & continue on with my life after about a month at the highest dose (120mg). Though I am still on Wellbutrin and Adderall XR (since age 15/16), this medication lifted my mood immensely and gave me the hope I needed that life will turn out OK. It's expensive since it's newer, insurance partially covered it."

Getting There (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 20, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "After about a week, I had extreme sweating, palpitations and testicular pain that would get so bad I walked funny. Was a bit pissed off in general and anxious. Soaked the bed and nightclothes in sweat several times a night."

Redwood (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Going on week 7. I feel less angry. Interested in life more. Feel nauseous though. Pretty good overall."

Sabrina November 12, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I'm on week 4 and so far so good. Just a little constipated but otherwise mood is levelling out."

SD (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Seriously - where do I begin. I switched after weaning down from zoloft to fetzima, it has been the most horrible experience in my life. The amount of EXTREME RAGE I felt. I had so much frustration and the anger. I felt over things that were only minor inconveniences or annoyance before. It was the most horrifying experience. I snapped at everyone , said things I would never have said in a normal state of mind and cried uncontrollably especially after snapping at people and feeling extremely guilty and embarrassed. I couldn't think clearly let alone get any work done. I stopped taking it after a little over a week . I'm so done with this. It's making me want to give up. Hope I can find something that will work... :( This med has left me feeling hopeless."

Asista October 25, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Trying this for depression, nothing major, lost my motivation and enjoyment for the usual things. Horrible vomiting a few hours after first 20 mg. Pharmacy says try Gravol with it. Tried it for 12 days, had Chills; my extremities are frozen, feet, nose and hands like blocks of ice. Nausea is debilitating, I felt exhausted 24/7. So I stopped for 5 days to allow the nausea to go away. Tried again after 5 days of break. Day one okay, days 2, 3, 4, and 5 the nausea is back and overwhelming. As soon as I try to get mobile the nausea sets in. Sleep is non existent. I don’t think this drug is for me. Back to the doctor I go."

Woman (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I started on 20mg if Fetzima for one week and am now on second week at 40mg. Fetzima is NOT FOR ME, as side effects thus far include insomnia, major mood swings, uncontrollable crying over ???, tingling of body, heart pounding, muscle aches and redness of eyes, eyelids and skin around eyes. Using my facial lotions—which never bothered me pre-Fetzima—results in a burning sensation on skin. I also have constant ringing in ears, head rushes, and pre-seizure-like auras (I’ve had a few med-related seizures in the past). Feel angry and irritated like never before. I yelled at another driver (not that he could hear or see me), calling him an ** idiot. I rarely swear so this was quite a sign of “me not being me.” THAT SAID, I’m going to speak w/MD and cease further Fetzima intake pronto."

Asdfjkl; (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Fatima saved my life ! The only side affect I have is hot flashes ! Which really sucks but at least I feel normal again !!!"

Pete (taken for 10 years or more) August 21, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication has changed my life. I'm finally stable and haven't had an episode of depression in almost 2 years. I believe in this medicine!"

Paige (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I can't take it!!! I now have severe anger, I'm short tempered and have extreme hot flashes. I getting off it!!!!"

Ginger (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Told my doctor I wanted to switch my meds because I’ve been on a huge dose of Celexa for years now. Was hoping to bring my mood back up and gain some motivation back. It’s been a month since I started Fetzima and I’ve been crying every night. I feel angry and having worse depressed thoughts. On top of that they’re way more expensive then my Celexa (something like $140 CAD for 30 tablets, I have no insurance)"

Toasty July 12, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Today was day 5 of Fetzima and although I was initially a fan, I no longer am one. I definitely felt an increase in energy my first 2 days on it. On day 3 I went back to my usual sleepy self and I also started experiencing some of the side effects. Nausea, increased heart rate, weird anxiety (feeling on edge).. it wasn’t a very nice combo of problems to deal with lol. I’m seeing my doctor tomorrow and coming off of this thing. I don’t think SNRIs work for someone like me who is super sensitive and a highly anxious person."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My medical history includes migraines, MDD, and insomnia. The medications that I have taken over the last 3 years to treat MDD include Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lamictal, Zoloft, Trazodone, Prozac, Lithium, and Remeron. The medications that I have taken over the past 3 years for insomnia include Ambien, Ambien CR, hydroxyzine pamoate, Remeron, and temazepam. Currently, I am on propranolol (for migraine prevention), rizatriptan (for migraine abortion), lamotrigine, Adderall XR, and Fetzima. By far, Fetzima has been the most successful medication in relieving my depression symptoms and has given me the fewest side effects. I have been taking it for approximately 6 months and have not relapsed as I usually do after 2-3 months on the various other antidepressants I've taken."

Chelsea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Heart rate went from 65 to 70 BPM to 100 - 105 BPM with Fetzima which is crazy. I have testicle pain and always wan't to pee, and always sweating. Feel like a zombie. Got a blackout and hit my head on the wall, never happened before. 4 days at 20mg, 3 days at 40mg, but side effect was already high at 20mg."

Gerry (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm on lamotrigine and as unsure as it could be my own reaction. I suffered horrible symptoms for 3 weeks - migraines that lasted for literally 2 weeks straight - Eye pain (I do have glaucoma) - Upset stomach - Once vomited - After coming off severe violent mood swings leading to outbursts - Neck pain back pain which on week 4 has not gone away yet -Muscle pain -Muscle flinching as if my brain was giving shock through body -Severe confusion to the point I couldn't tell what happened and didn't really happen -Weakness to the point I could hardly get up -Seveer chest pain -Always out of breath -Sore nose as if stinging -Blurry eyes -Watery and burning eyes -Broken sleep -Thoughts of losing sanity -Weight gain -Out of control hunger -Chills -Sweats -Shaking -Shivering -Difficulty warming up This was only 2 weeks by week 4 I'm only now starting to feel better."

Very unfortunate April 20, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on everything you can think of. This along with Wellbutrin have been the only things to keep me out of a constant depressive state. I still have my bouts of depression (currently in one ) but they are never as severe as they were when I was on SSRI's."

ch1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Well my wellbutrin stopped working after 4 yrs. Explained as tolerance. Switched onto Fetzima for 1+ yr. First 5 days, I took a lot of naps, dizziness, nausea, and surprisingly constipation. By week 2, it subsided and mood was better, but not fantastic. Fetzima was a crutch..cuz I was functional and could get around but not as well as I used to. But without this crutch I would be hopping around, if not immobilized so to speak. It did it's job..just nothing special. Better on it than off of it. But depression is back now. I don't recommend fetzima, but if it works, it works. Give it a chance. Wait 2-3 weeks to see how u feel. I tapered off it n I start back on Wellbutrin today (which for ME has been the best med I've ever taken). Best of luck. Remember each individual has a unique brain chemistry, so meds are always trial and error. If you don't like it, tell your doc and don't be afraid to switch, just heed warning to withdrawals and taper off accordingly."

Tish (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I went on Fetzima after Cymbalta stopped working for me. I'm on 40mg (about to start the tapering process, wish me luck...) and I take it alongside Lamictal 150mg and Klonopin 0.5mg (twice a day). I had high hopes for Fetzima but it's been a huge letdown. I've stuck with it for nearly 6 months because I really wanted to give it a chance (and I'm running out of options...) but it never delivered. In fact my anxiety is the worst it's been in years, along with compulsive skin-picking and trouble falling asleep. I also have food cravings with associated weight gain (SSRIs wrecked havoc on my weight but switching to SNRIs really helped... until Fetzima). But the worst side effect by far is the headaches. I was hoping they would eventually go away but I still get almost daily headaches that sometimes degenerate into crippling migraines. OTC painkillers do nothing to alleviate them and they are the main reason why I've decided to stop Fetzima - Nasty side effects with no benefits."

Zumi45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "I was switched from anxiety medication to Fetzima. I was very nervous at first, not knowing what to expect and reading a million different reviews. From my personal experience, this medication has been amazing. I have been feeling so well. For the first time in years I actually enjoyed Christmas instead of stressing myself out beyond belief. I actually feel like I can cope with family, work and life stresses. I tend to overextend myself and try to go above and beyond for holidays, Birthday ‘s, school functions, etc. I can handle it now without having a breakdown and I know my limitations and have learned it’s ok to reach out to others for help. Medicine reacts differently with everyone but I personally have had such a wonderful experience and am so glad I listened to my doctor and tried this. It has been a success for me."

JamJamN8946 February 8, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I took Fetzima for about 8 or 9 months for a bout of depression I had. Unlike other anti-depressants that I had tried in the past, this medicine took a really long time to kick in. I would say I didn't get better in my depression until about 3 months after taking. And Fetzima did work. However, not without side effects. Most particularly the sexual side effects and what seemed like some type of problem cutting off my urination. I'm a guy by the way. All in all, it did work and helped me feel better. But after nearly 9 months of it, the side effects became to bothersome so I switched off. I wouldn't go back on it again unless I was completely desperate."

PillBillyOH January 26, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have struggled profoundly w severe depression for 40 years . I have tried 23 different anti-depressive drugs in multiple different combinations without luck . Last year I underwent ECT (electric shock treatments).I felt better briefly . When the depression returned I turned to Fetzima before trying the MAOI's . I am fortunate not to be experiencing the most serious side effects , although I may be having trouble w my eye due to the drug . I am depression free for the first time in years and very grateful ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Depression: "Increased anxiety, caused hallucinations and sleep paralysis. Was on no other medication, drug or alcohol use."

Cassandrab January 3, 2018

Fetzima (levomilnacipran) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I had been in bed depressed for like six months. I had tried several antidepressants that did not help for some reason. My Dr.@ the time gave me samples of Fetzima. I had never heard of it. So over time it began to work and it was a miracle for me because I had literally given up on life itself. I was thinking about changing because I have severe back pain and some antidepressants say they help with physical pain but I think of how far I've come from being suicidal and not able to get out of bed or stop crying. I will stick with the Fetzima. Thanks who ever makes it you helped me a great deal. I say the good out weighs the small side effects I get like sweats & back pain. Worth a try."

diamond in the ruff (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2017