User Reviews for L-methylfolate

Also known as: Deplin, Elfolate, L-Methylfolate Forte, Denovo, L-Methylfolate Formula, Vilofane-DP, Duleek-DP, XaQuil XR

Hyperhomocysteinemia

Borderline Personality Disorder
6.3

Summary of L-methylfolate reviews 8.0 122 reviews

Reviews for L-methylfolate

For Depression: "I have been struggling with depression and anxiety for 4 years. I used trintellix helped me a lot with memory and anxiety but I was extremely flat for emotions, I then started modafinil and got a huge improvement. Then I was changed to methylphenidate 20 mg ER and the trintellix was reduced to 10 mg. I was using B Vit combo includes methyl folate and methylcobalamine, I suspected it make me anxious but one of my friend told me that it gives extreme energy on high dose so I started 10 mg Methylfolate on first day I was so happy in the morning in the afternoon I was extremely angry yet felt powerful. A friend recommended that I should use niacin with it, so I added 500 mg niacin. Now I cry when listen music or reading what I like. It gives huge boost to methylphenidate, also anger went away when I added niacin I feel emotions so deep and cry with happiness. I am not hyperactive anymore but I have high energy levels, I can go work, then the gym after meet with friends and slept like a baby. I hope this will not change in time."

Jon Snow (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

For Depression: "Tried Neurofolin today As was considering giving it to my late teen with low mood and energy I though I would be the guinea pig first. Had a positive experience. Felt focused and alert all day with sustained results and improved mood and outlook. A little jittery but personally managed ok with that.."

Snowpea (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2019

For Depression: "Had high hopes for l-methylfolate but my depression and anxiety got worse"

Bear April 22, 2019

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "Deplin has changed my life. My doc did genetic testing for my severe anxiety and panic disorder and found I have the MTHFR gene mutation where I don’t break down folate. He prescribed me this with my antidepressant and it’s been a miracle. I’m no longer anxious, I do not have panic attacks, my depersonalization and derealization is completely gone. I praise the Lord in how good and healed I feel. I’m a RN and I suggest all those who are suffering to give this a try. Hang in there, God is with you. There is hope. You will feel better. Praying for all who read this post."

Kendall April 21, 2019

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "Like many, I have been clinically depressed since my 20’s. (30 years). Cymbalta has helped me the most, but I still get hit with very dark times. Last month, my doctor gave me Deplin samples. I took them, but with very low expectations. Three weeks into it, I began to notice a change...normalcy! It crept up on me. I stopped needing a 2 hour nap, I feel clear minded. My mind doesn’t feel like a Los Angeles freeway. I am calm and feel content. I can’t wait to tell my doctor tomorrow. I also needed a D3 prescription. I am sure my father could have felt so much better with these food meds."

Margaret (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2019

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "I take l-methylfolate (this medical food )once a day with my anti depressant for my anxiety and panic disorder and I feel great. I am always very positive and I never have anxiety. My panic triggers are gone, it is amazing. Definitely recommend to anyone having depression. It works. It's not expensive. 58 a month. Worth it for me. Also helps my folate deficiency. 100% awesome med. Never want to be without it."

Cheryl2280 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2019

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "We observed no positive contributions to my treatment of depression. No effect at all. Deeply disappointed."

TreatmentResistantDepression (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2019

XaQuil XR (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "improved overall mood with antidepressant use and reduced anxiety"

oliver (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2019

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "I am a 50 year old medical professional and have struggled with mostly moderate depression for most of my life. I had struggled with, and eventually refused, taking anti-depressants because the side effects were worse than the cure. Eventually, a counsellor convinced me to try Deplin. After a few weeks, there was a noticeable shift in my mood. It was like a curtain had been lifted and I felt normal. A few months later, I ran out of the Deplin but didn't want to spend the money to get it refilled. Approximately two weeks later, wham!, the curtain dropped and the depression was back. Lesson learned."

Mark D February 4, 2019

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "Deplin ! What can I say, changed my life!. I had been dealing with treatment-resistant depression for over a year. My psychiatrist finally gave me deplin and in just days I felt better than I had in a long time!I also starting taking L-carnitine which if youve been depressed for a long time you are probably deficient in it. But I know it was the deplin. You have nothing to lose please try it! I had absolutely no side effects. I have more energy but mainly the horrible painful depression lifted in 3 days! I am beyond thrilled and would pay any amount of money per month to keep this medicine. Please give it a try."

Raylee (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Folic Acid Deficiency: "I also have Anxiety Disorder. 20 mg Prozac, .05 Klonopin. My Dr. kept telling me to take it, take it but I've always resist. Anyway I'm taking it. I can't tell you how good I feel although I didn't really know why. I didn't understand how laking something in my body could effect the drugs I take or just my overall health. I feel great for the first time in a long time. Don't hesitate."

Meredith (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

XaQuil XR (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "I feel very hyper I’m not sure if it’s this vitamin or a lot of anxiety or this is how it works. I have a lot of stress right now so I’m not sure. It’s been 30 days"

Kim October 14, 2018

For Depression: "L-methylfolate is a great. I spent the last 3 years with increasingly crippling anxiety and it was starting to limit my ability to work and live. At the point of attempting anti-depressants. Luckily I came across an article for an l-methylfolate product. Given it's just processed folate and B12, I gave it a try, because the side effects are so limited. WOW. AMAZING. Within a week (15mg per day) I had my life back. I still get anxious but it's like all of a sudden it's not so bad. I can laugh, smile and be happy. I'm a better husband and father. Anyone who is struggling with thoughts of low self worth, anxiety or depression, it is worth considering trialling this drug. I wouldn't say that if the side effects weren't so limited: it's just folate after all!"

Anxiousguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Folic Acid Deficiency: "I started taking klonopin after several years of depression, 2 bouts of major depression, and Tension myositis syndrome (TMS). It helped the TMS a great deal but after about a year symptoms of major depression and anxiety returned. The Psychiatrist wanted to prescribe more klonopin and when I declined that, she recommended Deplin. Deplin has helped. I now am able to wake up in the morning and speed of thought is almost normal. I still have mood instability but symptoms have decreased. I also have been able to significantly reduce use of klonopin and hope to be off it completely as Deplin therapy continues."

pj (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "Update to my previous post: I've now been taking Deplin for close to a year. It serves as an add on to my anti depressant meds. It hasn't been a magical booster to improve my severe, resistant depression as well as my horrible anxiety. However, over a year's time, Deplin has helped me feel just enough better to justify its cost. A very subtle improvement that is difficult to describe. I'm glad that I stuck with it; not at all noticeable until at least 9 or 10 months. And that time frame ( for subtle change ) isn't acceptable if you are miserable. But, I was improving just enough with my other meds to allow me to continue taking Deplin--just in case it began making a difference ....whenever? Plus, my dr. told me it was good for my overall health, regardless if it touched the depression. This made it easier for me to continue taking it despite feeling no benefit for a long time."

Seeking28 September 4, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "I have suffered from depression, anxiety and PTSD for years . I tried most of the SRI’s &SNRI’s . The best medicine for me was Lexapro and klonopin. However, after 10 years on Lexapro, it lost its efficacy. My psychiatrist suggested Deplin. It took about 9 weeks for it to work . I hung in there because of him, and posts like this . It has reduced my depression and , surprisingly my anxiety. I am thrilled . Deplin is a true blessing . Don’t give up if it does work for you quickly. I’ve read it can talk much longer for some people ; even 10 weeks . Have patience ; it’s worth it !!"

Mucky (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "Holy moly Deplin has changed my life. I took SSRIs that kind of worked but not totally. Started taking Deplin and it has just given me the rest of my life back."

Mwieie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For Depression: "I’ve been on so many antidepressants. None made me feel great. Improved the depression for a while then poop out. Or the dose was raised and had no emotions at all. I started Enlyte. I’m in month 3. It’s subtle and gradual for me. But I’m napping less. Back to reading and doing art work again. I feel much less of the “ugh this is too hard” I’m putting one foot in front of the other on automatic instead of such a forced effort. Well worth the $30 a month. I don’t miss any work as work is less of a drag so it pays for itself. I’m living my life for the first time since I was a teenager. At age 60!"

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Hyperhomocysteinemia: "Having the MTHFR C677T double mutation I started taking deplin in August of 2016. I had very high homocysteine levels and felt awful for a long time. I started on 15mg and moved down to 7.5. My homocysteine has balanced out to consistent normal. My energy levels are way up. My B12 came down in huge leaps and bounds and is now stabilized"

Sunset (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

For Depression: "I've had depression for most of my life and have been suffering from premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) the last five. I was prescribed l-methylfolate by my psychiatrist to go along with my anti-depressants a year ago but for some reason I didn't take them. If only I knew!!!! I took those and noticed a difference right away but when I ran out, my insurance wouldn't cover it (different insurance company at the time) so I had to go OTC. I have felt so much better since taking the MethylPro at 10mg. I am actually happy, content and I laugh. My PMDD is calming down. I've only been on it about two weeks consistently. Yesterday I woke up and exercised!!!!!!! I've been doing some type of exercise the past week almost every day. Yoga, dance, kickboxing (not actual kickboxing but as exercise). It's amazing how much energy I have, but it isn't that caffeine-driven energy feeling, if that makes sense. I haven't been tested for the gene mutation and am going to inquire about it when I speak with my doctor next."

Ablack2008 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Folic Acid Deficiency: "I just started deplin today! I’ve been reading people’s comments and half say it’s helped them and half have not. I’ve also researched it and have read so many different articles. From my understanding you should start off at a low dose and if that doesn’t help then take more. If the dosage is to high or low and your not feeling better adjust it. I personally wouldn’t give up after trying it one time at one dose. This medicine has changed peoples lives into feeling like a normal happy person with energy. I personally hope it works for me and I feel better! I’m not giving up! Try to research it before giving up. I wish everyone good luck with deplin."

Maybelline (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Folic Acid Deficiency: "Took for 2-3 weeks due to my body not processing folic acid properly. Worst side effect was I constantly felt overheated. Others were upset stomach, gas, insomnia and increased anxiety. This drug may work for some, but for me it was not a good experience."

Junebug63 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "If you are taking Deplin because of the MFTHR genetic abnormality, you were misled by your doctor(s). This genetic test is being pushed by the pysch field even though it has not been proven. Look up the studies on MFTHR and you will soon learn that most of what you read about are myths. That being said Deplin does have its benefits. "

TZT (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2018

Deplin (l-methylfolate) for Depression: "I had the swab genetic test done. I lack the MFTHR gene that creates the enzyme that breaks down folic acid to folate. Without folate depression is very likely. My DR prescribed Deplin as it would take 60 bottles of over the counter folate to equate to the convenient orange capsule. The first three weeks my depression and anxiety got worse. My doctor wasn't helpful but I kept taking it. I’m around week 5 and I am able to see my compulsive eating as not good for me as I am morbidly obese. I don't feel overly happy but more in control in a chaotic World and able to focus more. I'll chat to my doctor about getting off Lamictal once I've had a couple months on Deplin. I am far less paranoid and explosive but I have routine scary dreams being out of control. I can't put my finger on it but I think I am better off with Deplin and apprehensive to go off it. This is not the placebo effect talking. I think I can lose weight and get off the bipolar meds. I pay $160 for three months supply."

Zarathustra (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Depression: "So, here goes, I started taking Duplin about five years ago, after I found out I was missing sets of both genes. It really explained a lot of what I went through as a teen. I noticed a life changing difference. I have to explain that I am a young 60 years old. This may or may not hit a nerve with you but I serious think that this drug has put my libido in overdrive. Can anyone relate? I am going to cut them in half from now on and see if this helps."

just me? (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2018