User Reviews for Indomethacin to treat Cluster Headaches

Also known as: Indocin, Tivorbex, Indocin SR, Indocin IV

Indomethacin has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Cluster Headaches. 80% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Indomethacin Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Cluster Headaches.

Reviews for Indomethacin

Pix · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2020

“Use indomethacin 25mg to deal with severe tension headaches. Definitely effective in managing the headaches, downside is that I feel very 'spaced out' and as a result anxious.”

JMK · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 17, 2020

“I have been suffering from chronic migraines and indomethacin does helps to get rid of them within 2 hours. Although, used often does result in headaches.”

Ice Princess · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 14, 2020

“Indomethacin is very effective for pain management, I can take as little as 5 mg to get relief (I buy empty capsules and divide the dosage), up to 25 mg if the pain is severe. I also manage the pain very well with ice (Bed Buddy wrapped around my head and stronger), and some pain distraction techniques. Indomethacin has side effects: tired, grumpy, mean, and hard on my kidneys, so I don’t take it during the day when I can manage the pain with ice, only just before bed so I don’t wake up in excruciating pain. Another pill which helps if the pain is not too bad is Vanquish (the caffeine constricts the blood vessels, poundy-poundy-pulse). ”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

Indocin (indomethacin): “I have cluster headaches and hemicrania continuum which is diagnosed by taking indomethacin. I also have fibromyalgia which means I have really bad reactions to every medication I take and I have to take this twice a day every day. I take the lowest dose possible (25mg twice daily) even though it doesn’t give me 100% relief it gives me about 95% and I know there’s bad side effects but as long as I eat a full meal before I take it I have not experienced anything other than my face having a little rash, but I don’t have any of the other problems. As soon as I quit taking it it just comes back so to me this is a lifesaver that is worth the slight rash!”

Shannon February 22, 2020

“After trying several OTC meds for several days, my doctor called this in and within 3 hours my debilitating headache was gone. I woke up with a headache in the morning and took another pill and the headache was gone within 30 minutes. Works wonders!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

“I was given this indomethacin medication by my PCP for ice pick headaches and was to take it three times daily for 10 days and this is the only effective treatment. The good news is within 1 day of meds my headaches were gone. The bad news is I can not tolerate the side effects. Total dizziness, anxious feeling and heart racing within an hour of taking it. We are going to try to take it less often to see if side effects decrease. ”

wp November 26, 2017

“I have hemicrania headaches since 2005. Tried everything and indomethicin works, only problem now is chronic kidney disease. Trying to find alternative drug, extremely scared of further debilitating headaches. Taking 50mg 3x daily, cut down from 4x daily seems to work.”

David Gorrell · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2012

“Prescribed 50mg indomethacin daily for Cluster Headaches along with 180mg Verapamil. While the Verapamil dosage seemed completely ineffective, the Indomethacin was almost completely successful at eliminating onset of headaches (nominally 4-5 times per day). Changed dosage to 25mg Indomethacin morning and evening, which was slightly less effective as the medication seemed to wear off in about 7-8 hrs.”

Lynne2620 February 13, 2013

“I've been taking indomethacin at the onset of headache along with twice a day doses of Topamax. The combination works well to control my cluster headaches and I only have them about every other month now.”

Dawnthomson · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 1, 2017

“I have hemicrania continua since 1999. First attempt of indo made me ten foot tall. Second attempt when I had stopped working worked fine. Indo completely got rid of the pain after a few days of taking it. Trouble is two years later I forgot to take it one day and the pain is back with a vengeance. Neurologist reckoned it should start working again after 6 weeks but it hasn't. Now taking carbamazepine for trigemenial neuralgia.”

Ravs July 12, 2015

“Have been taking 2 dosage of indomethacin 25 mg for over 4 months now. This is the only medicine which has worked on my headaches.”

Anonymous June 13, 2008

“50mg (2 capsules) was very effective when pain was moderate to severe”

mindydear September 6, 2009

“Helps with pain when used with some other pain medications. Sort of boosts effects of vicodin or even helps by itself.”

Nunez1965 January 23, 2017

“So far so good. After try many otc medications and prescription drugs this seems to be a good therapy for me. Hope this helps.”

Jeep · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

“Just started taking this medicine Indomethacin. Not yet fully pain free but anticipate relief from these cluster migraines.”

Learn more about Cluster Headaches