User Reviews for Dyazide to treat High Blood Pressure

Dyazide has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 33% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Dyazide rating summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 283 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Anonymous · November 15, 2010

"I had a very bad reaction to Dyazide for high blood pressure. After 3 days, I was overwhelmed by disorientation, heart palpitations, muscle cramps in my feet and legs, dizziness, and nausea. Although I was drinking a great deal of water, I was found to be severely dehydrated with electrolyte imbalance."

Anonymous · September 12, 2009

"I am a 52 year female and have been on Dyazide for 10 days. I have had no side effects from the medication and edema in my leg has cleared up completely. I have also lost 12 pounds of water weight. Blood Pressure has improved, but still higher than it should be."

Emerald_86 · Taken for less than 1 month · February 29, 2020

"I am a 47-year-old female who was recently diagnosed with high BP. My NP started me out on Losartan and I experienced terrible side effects. My mom suggested I take what she's taken for 23 years--Dyazide. I got that from Dr and have been taking Dyazide for 3 weeks and it is great! It has lowered my BP from around 140/90 to 115/65. Also NO side effects. It is a small, light green, oblong pill."

Anonymous · September 10, 2009

"I am 39 years old, my doctor prescribed this medicine to help lower my blood pressure. From the first day, it made me very nauseous to the point of vomiting. It also made me feel dizzy, lightheaded and short of breath. I stopped taking it after 4 days and felt better. My doctor is switching me to an ACE inhibitor instead....hoping it will be better than this one."

rainbow53 · April 3, 2015

"I was on Maxide years ago when first diagnosed with hypertension, it did not work for me. I was finally put on Dyazide which had worked for 20 years. I moved to NC where Maxide is used, while I understand they are supposed to be the same, my BP is 160/90 right now. Maxide does not work for me, and I don't understand why."

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month · July 22, 2018

"Stopped after two days on med. Very bad shortness of breath, nausea and feeling lightheaded. I now have a cough. I am in my 2nd day of not taking the drug and hope I start feeling better. Very bad!!"

Anonymous · November 11, 2009

"The best !! I was able to drop all of my other medications with the help of this drug.."