User Reviews for Dyazide

Dyazide has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 43% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

High Blood Pressure
4.7
Edema
Summary of Dyazide reviews 5.3 8 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Emerald_86 · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I am a 47-year-old female who was recently diagnosed with high BP. My NP started me out on Losartan and I experienced terrible side effects. My mom suggested I take what she's taken for 23 years--Dyazide. I got that from Dr and have been taking Dyazide for 3 weeks and it is great! It has lowered my BP from around 140/90 to 115/65. Also NO side effects. It is a small, light green, oblong pill.”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Stopped after two days on med. Very bad shortness of breath, nausea and feeling lightheaded. I now have a cough. I am in my 2nd day of not taking the drug and hope I start feeling better. Very bad!!”

rainbow53 April 3, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “I was on Maxide years ago when first diagnosed with hypertension, it did not work for me. I was finally put on Dyazide which had worked for 20 years. I moved to NC where Maxide is used, while I understand they are supposed to be the same, my BP is 160/90 right now. Maxide does not work for me, and I don't understand why.”

Anonymous November 15, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “I had a very bad reaction to Dyazide for high blood pressure. After 3 days, I was overwhelmed by disorientation, heart palpitations, muscle cramps in my feet and legs, dizziness, and nausea. Although I was drinking a great deal of water, I was found to be severely dehydrated with electrolyte imbalance.”

Pamepie · Taken for 10 years or more July 24, 2014

For Edema: “I break a 50 mg tablet in half and take the half every other day. It really works and I find I need to increase my liquid intake particularly on the days I take the 1/2 tablet otherwise I tend to have some muscular cramping. This is especially true in leg muscles.”

Anonymous September 12, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I am a 52 year female and have been on Dyazide for 10 days. I have had no side effects from the medication and edema in my leg has cleared up completely. I have also lost 12 pounds of water weight. Blood Pressure has improved, but still higher than it should be.”

Anonymous September 10, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I am 39 years old, my doctor prescribed this medicine to help lower my blood pressure. From the first day, it made me very nauseous to the point of vomiting. It also made me feel dizzy, lightheaded and short of breath. I stopped taking it after 4 days and felt better. My doctor is switching me to an ACE inhibitor instead....hoping it will be better than this one.”

Anonymous November 11, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “The best !! I was able to drop all of my other medications with the help of this drug..”