User Reviews for Orthovisc

Learn more about Orthovisc.

Osteoarthritis 87 reviews 349 medications

6.8
Summary of Orthovisc reviews 87 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Orthovisc

For Osteoarthritis "Last year had four injections in my right knee in Nov. It took a good 3 weeks after my 4th shot to be pain free. It's a year later and needed to start the injections in my left knee. I have already started to feel some relief. I did not let the second knee get as bad before seeking this treatment. I'm back to tennis and will Pickleball soon. I did start to feel some discomfort in my right knee again so will most likely start injections in that knee after the first of the year. Sure worth a try. BESURE TO DO YOUR PT EXERCISES DAILY. I'm 66 so good luck!!"

FL SueP December 5, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I got three injections, a week apart. The first two didn't hurt at all, but I got the third one from a different doctor and it hurt. After the first injection, my knee felt swollen on the inside and stiff, it got worse with each new injection. I used to have pain pretty much only when I went on the stairs or twisted the wrong way. Now it feels swollen in the joint and on my leg from a few inches above the knee to a few inches below the knee. Like I am wearing a super tight bandage. The pain has increased to the point it is really painful to go up or down the stairs and even at night lying in bed, it's hard to find a comfortable position because it feels like someone is drilling into my knee."

Linda B. (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I got my first injection today , no discomfort at ALL with the injection !!! My knee is already feeling better , I drive a stick shift , and I had no pain driving today !! I'm very hopeful this gives me relief!!"

yogabutter (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I have now had these injections 2 times. They are a miracle. I used to be an avid runner and now bone to bone. Even with the injections, I don't run anymore but can bike and basically be without excruciating pain that I was in."

Slages (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Pain in joints,,nausea,abd. Pain"

Sadie blossoms November 7, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had my fourth and final shot 3 days ago. Walked 2.25 miles this morning about 95% pain free. I was told it does take time to get the full effect, and I sense it is really starting to kick in. Hopeful and grateful."

Capt Frank October 28, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I received my first set a year ago as I have no kneecap. Afterwards I was able to do physical therapy. I was able to do excersise that I hadn't done since I was a child. This medication lasted a year. I started to feel the same pain about a month or so ago. I contacted my Dr and we are doing it again. This injection has made such a difference in my life. I am very grateful for it."

Melissa cosson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Due to financial burden with the office visit copays ,I had no alternative other than to receive the three weeks of Orthovics all in one day for both knees ,I'm in escrutiating pain !,Has anyone experience the same when all administereD not only was it just one knee it was both !! How long does this pressure, stiffness last. Overall I can't feel any difference yet on my bone on bone pain .Hoping I can say later down the road that it has helped .I almost wanted to pass out I had received numbing med and spray as well it was brutal! !"

YCAVAZOS861 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had these injections two years ago in my right knee i have been pain free ,but my left leg also started with the same symptoms recently so i went back to my doctor got my confirmation i was a candidate and i just finished my third injection today i must say its helped me regain 100% control again thank you so much..❤"

SNOW FLAKES September 29, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Not good, it's been a week since injection # 3 and my knee is worse and can hardly walk this morning. I have more swelling and the pain has gradually gotten worse with each injection. Waiting and hoping for delayed relief."

Savy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I've been getting Orthovisc knee injections for over 11 years, although not last year, 2015 due to no work time off. Recently moved to Charlottesville, VA and just had my 3rd, final, injection today, 8/4/2016 (good for 6 months). Found best orthopedic yet (I have a steel rod, torn ACL, no cartilage, bone on bone, bone spurs, left leg, started in '98 with broken tibia). The PA at UVA, Nick, best yet, yes stings, and you feel the pressure of additional fluid for first day. Well worth it and looking forward to wakeboarding next week, and longer hours on the slopes snowboarding this coming up ski season. Makes a huge difference, and has always. I'm 51, too young for full knee replacement, and not sure I want to go through that anyway."

CindyCsml (taken for 10 years or more) August 4, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I obtained relief (from swelling, hot, painful knee joints) after religiously taking Glucosamine-chondroitin and calcium for six months, I kept this up with good results until pain returned May 2016.PCP referral to orthopedic surgeon who took x-rays of my hip & both knees & told me there was virtually no cartilage left, bone grinding against bone & bone spurs near both knees. I got Cortisone shot in in the one knee, then following week in the other w then after 2 weeks or so, started the orthovisc "gel" shots in my right knee--once per week for 4 weeks. The needle going into knee was not bad, but, pressure of gel filling knee was uncomfortable, but only for a few seconds. Excellent relief after the 3rd shot w/ good range of motion in knee."

15yearsw/OrthoArthritis (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Did not work for my minimal OA! I was left with Orthovisc as my only alternative after my insurance company decided they would no longer cover Euflexxa which I used with great success for 4 years. I will now have to pay almost $1000 out of pocket for the better product, such a shame! Orthovisc gave me no relief at all; The Euflexxa I was getting 18 months on continuous relief."

DiveGerl July 22, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had my third shot today; bi-lateral. I have to say I have seen a major improvement in both knees. I would wake up at night and go to turn over, my lower leg would not move and my upper leg (above the knee) would pop and grind on the joint. When this happens now I can feel the upper and lower joints cushioned by the Orthovisc. I felt relief about 3 weeks after the first set of shots. I am confident that after the 3rd set of shots I will have the pain relief I am looking for. I would recommend to anyone give this a try before you have total knee replacement."

COASTJAM July 8, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I was told at 32 I needed a knee replacement in both knees due to a birth defect in both knees. A group of doctors wanted to try this new drug on me. At the time it was a series of 5 shots. I could barely walk and was in a lot of pain. Couldn't get out of my car and was being shocked so bad I was being thrown to the floor. I tried the injections (which isn't pleasant ) but what a blessing. The pain stopped after the 3 shot and I was back to doing all the things I loved. They lasted about 2 1/2 to 3 years. I am 52 now and about to take another round of the miracle shots. Last ones kept me going almost 4 years. Thank you for creating it."

Mybaby 64 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I just had my first injection both knees a few days ago. When I came home from the clinic, I ran down to the basement to get something and noticed right away my knees felt better. I had really bothersome aching in my knees at night, that is gone. So far, I am very impressed."

former nurse (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had severe Osteo srthritis in right ankle. Could barely walk. Took three orthovisc shots over 3 week period in ankle (paid out of pocket as this isn't fda approved yet). Extremely effective. All pain went away for 6 months."

Cb101 April 5, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "As a 64 yr old female I was having severe pain and stiffness in both knees due to advanced osteoarthritis. Ortho doc recommended a series of 4 weekly Orthovisc injections in both knees. For me, the shots were very painful. There was no improvement until after the 3rd week. I am now 1 wk. post the 4th and final shots and have greatly decreased pain. I now can exercise regularly without pain. The only difficulty I still have is walking up and down stairs. I highly recommended the orthovisc injection treatment."

Janisj April 3, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Recently was told I needed both knees replaced but should try 4 Orthovisc injections. Had 3 so far beginning 3 weeks ago. First shot alleviated severe day to day walking pain. Am waiting to see if my condition improves much beyond where it is after all 4. Had no pain or swelling with any shots"

Squasher (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "11-23-15 I got shot #1of Orthovisc. The shot itself was not painful, but afterwards the pain became intense. There was swelling, redness at the injection site and at times, excruciating pain. 11-30-15 I was given a cortisone shot to get the reaction under control. 12-3-15 I got shot #2. The injection wasn't painful but afterwards was horrible. There was redness at the injection site; swelling from the thigh to the ankle; fatigue; weakness; mild edema; pain body-wide, with arthritis type pain in my joints and the excruciating pain in the knee. 12-7-15 Given a prescription for Prednisone. Did not receive shot #3. Finally, the last couple of days I can say the symptoms are about half gone. 1-29-16 Do your research."

Suze13 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had a torn meniscus and surgery was necessary. When they went into the knee I was told the knee was full of arthritis and the physician had to clean the knee out leaving bone on bone. They suggested Orthovisc which I agreed. It has been two weeks since the third injection and I am in more pain then ever. I have no relief at all, living on anti-inflammatories with little benefit. I am really hoping for relief soon because I am confined to bed with ice packs."

Pwslvr1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Not very good"

Geri M (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Love this treatment! I had immediate relief and no side effects. Shots were painless. It's been 3 years since my last series of Orthovisc. I'm back to exercising with no knee pain."

PMMqt January 23, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first of three injections of Orthovisc yesterday (1/14/16) into my left knee. The physician numbed the skin and injected the lubricant. I did not experience any discomfort. The day after the injection I have not experienced any negative side effects. The overall effectiveness of Orthovisc is still up in the air but I'm eager to keep moving forward with the treatment. I will post again after completing the three injections."

Maine Man (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I've been getting the injections in both knees for several years from my Ortho and have experienced some relief from the pain in my knees. Both the doctors and MA's on staff are extremely proficient in performing the procedures and I have never had any discomfort during the procedure. I have also been diagnosed with "end-osteoarthritis" in both shoulders and look forward to receiving the injections to either put an end to or reduce the pain that I experience."

Rock-a-billy willy January 1, 2016