User Reviews for Orthovisc

Learn more about Orthovisc.

Osteoarthritis 99 reviews 350 medications

6.7
Summary of Orthovisc reviews 99 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Orthovisc

For Osteoarthritis "I am 58 and have some osteoarthritis in my right knee. I have had 3 shots now and I am not feeling it. Still hard to walk / painful. I will be receiving 1 more shot and hoping and hoping it kicks in???"

aljsa June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first series of three shots in 2015. What a relief I received from them. I am bone on bone with 2 spurs in my left knee. My first set of shots lasted almost 20 months with little pain. I just completed my 2nd series of 3 shots and the knee is already feeling better. My doctor said that about half of the people get relief with the shots, but I feel it is worth a shot to see if you in that 50% who get relief."

Golflady3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I found out i have the beginnings of arthritis in both knees. I had the 3 shot course and at week 7 I've had no pain relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "This has given me my life back! I have had these injections now for the past 4 years and would not be walking without them. THE QUALITY OF THE TECHNICIAN ADMINISTERING THE SHOTS IS VITAL! The first few shots I received were incredibly painful (I almost fainted) and only lasted a couple of months. Apparently the technician got close...but didn't get ALL of the gel INTO the all-important knee capsule and some got wasted. I went to another doctor who used an x-ray machine to verify that the fluid was going in EXACTLY where it needed to go and what a difference! Hardly any injection pain and the shot lasted 7 months before I needed more. L"

Sporty Florida Girl May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I tore the lateral meniscus in my right knee when I took a spill on our stairs. Had a partial meniscectomy. MD also found a small amount of OA on the lateral femur and have it off during that arthroscopic procedure. He recommended gel injections. I had the series of 3 beginning 7 weeks post-op. I had swelling and decreased ROM with increased pain after each injection, second was the worst. I am 13 days post injections and still with some joint swelling, don't have full ROM back, and do not feel the injections helped; I think they regressed my recovery. If I had to do it over again, would NOT do the injections!!! So frustrated!!!"

HB Runner April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Worse pain and total lack of movement."

USC Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Just had my 3rd shot last week, noticing some relief but not what I thought. Going to give it some time. Hope it helps. The pain still wakes me at night and I'm always stiff."

Packmom March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Just had my second injection yesterday. After the first injection I was somewhat sore and knee was swollen, however, since yesterday soreness has retreated and swelling has subsided. Feels good. It takes, as I understand it, 4-6 weeks to take full effect. So, we will see, but so far so good."

Capt Larry (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "It's been 5 weeks since the last shot in a series of 4 Orthovisc injections for my torn meniscus. My right knee is now super swollen, and my pain is now Twice as bad as before the injections!! I drug myself up to get to sleep, but I am awoken each night/morning with excruciating pain!! I don't know what the heck went wrong! I'm only 47, with bone on bone, arthritis, etc. Had surgery to repair meniscus, but it was torn again! Only "fix" the doctor's say is a total knee replacement. Trying to push it back till I'm older, but I've had problems with this Knee since 2008!!! Can't take it anymore! Am I supposed to keep waiting for something to happen miraculously? I ice it daily, exercise, stretching, hot tub, etc. Any advice would be great!"

CarlSims (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Finally after years of pain, inflammation and not being able to bend my knee...my Dr. Suggested Orthovisc. He explained to me what is was, what it's for, what to expect and without a doubt I said yes! After being so miserable for so long I figured I had nothing to lose. After the first injection I had relief, finally! It was tender for the first day, after that..it was fine. I completed the 3 week regimen and I'm so glad I went for it! My knee feels great!!! I'm going for the other one starting next week. Thank you Orthovisc and Thank you to my Dr. No pain, I can bed and walk pain free!"

Bernie P. January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "It was wonderful. I was able to enjoy my summer, run, walk with little to no pain at all. It lasted longer than the other shots I received. It lasted 7 months."

Amjajamomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I received one injection in both knees for four weeks a month ago. Have RA, OA and had tibia plateau fixation in both legs in 2009 after a car hit me. The injections DID NOT give me any kind of pain relief AT ALL. As a matter of fact today, my right knee feels worse than before the injections because it's hurting even though I didn't walk or stand up…"

Antuca December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Last year had four injections in my right knee in Nov. It took a good 3 weeks after my 4th shot to be pain free. It's a year later and needed to start the injections in my left knee. I have already started to feel some relief. I did not let the second knee get as bad before seeking this treatment. I'm back to tennis and will Pickleball soon. I did start to feel some discomfort in my right knee again so will most likely start injections in that knee after the first of the year. Sure worth a try. BESURE TO DO YOUR PT EXERCISES DAILY. I'm 66 so good luck!!"

FL SueP December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I got three injections, a week apart. The first two didn't hurt at all, but I got the third one from a different doctor and it hurt. After the first injection, my knee felt swollen on the inside and stiff, it got worse with each new injection. I used to have pain pretty much only when I went on the stairs or twisted the wrong way. Now it feels swollen in the joint and on my leg from a few inches above the knee to a few inches below the knee. Like I am wearing a super tight bandage. The pain has increased to the point it is really painful to go up or down the stairs and even at night lying in bed, it's hard to find a comfortable position because it feels like someone is drilling into my knee."

Linda B. (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I got my first injection today , no discomfort at ALL with the injection !!! My knee is already feeling better , I drive a stick shift , and I had no pain driving today !! I'm very hopeful this gives me relief!!"

yogabutter (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have now had these injections 2 times. They are a miracle. I used to be an avid runner and now bone to bone. Even with the injections, I don't run anymore but can bike and basically be without excruciating pain that I was in."

Slages (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Pain in joints,,nausea,abd. Pain"

Sadie blossoms November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had my fourth and final shot 3 days ago. Walked 2.25 miles this morning about 95% pain free. I was told it does take time to get the full effect, and I sense it is really starting to kick in. Hopeful and grateful."

Capt Frank October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I received my first set a year ago as I have no kneecap. Afterwards I was able to do physical therapy. I was able to do excersise that I hadn't done since I was a child. This medication lasted a year. I started to feel the same pain about a month or so ago. I contacted my Dr and we are doing it again. This injection has made such a difference in my life. I am very grateful for it."

Melissa cosson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Due to financial burden with the office visit copays ,I had no alternative other than to receive the three weeks of Orthovics all in one day for both knees ,I'm in escrutiating pain !,Has anyone experience the same when all administereD not only was it just one knee it was both !! How long does this pressure, stiffness last. Overall I can't feel any difference yet on my bone on bone pain .Hoping I can say later down the road that it has helped .I almost wanted to pass out I had received numbing med and spray as well it was brutal! !"

YCAVAZOS861 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had these injections two years ago in my right knee i have been pain free ,but my left leg also started with the same symptoms recently so i went back to my doctor got my confirmation i was a candidate and i just finished my third injection today i must say its helped me regain 100% control again thank you so much..❤"

SNOW FLAKES September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Not good, it's been a week since injection # 3 and my knee is worse and can hardly walk this morning. I have more swelling and the pain has gradually gotten worse with each injection. Waiting and hoping for delayed relief."

Savy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I've been getting Orthovisc knee injections for over 11 years, although not last year, 2015 due to no work time off. Recently moved to Charlottesville, VA and just had my 3rd, final, injection today, 8/4/2016 (good for 6 months). Found best orthopedic yet (I have a steel rod, torn ACL, no cartilage, bone on bone, bone spurs, left leg, started in '98 with broken tibia). The PA at UVA, Nick, best yet, yes stings, and you feel the pressure of additional fluid for first day. Well worth it and looking forward to wakeboarding next week, and longer hours on the slopes snowboarding this coming up ski season. Makes a huge difference, and has always. I'm 51, too young for full knee replacement, and not sure I want to go through that anyway."

CindyCsml (taken for 10 years or more) August 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I obtained relief (from swelling, hot, painful knee joints) after religiously taking Glucosamine-chondroitin and calcium for six months, I kept this up with good results until pain returned May 2016.PCP referral to orthopedic surgeon who took x-rays of my hip & both knees & told me there was virtually no cartilage left, bone grinding against bone & bone spurs near both knees. I got Cortisone shot in in the one knee, then following week in the other w then after 2 weeks or so, started the orthovisc "gel" shots in my right knee--once per week for 4 weeks. The needle going into knee was not bad, but, pressure of gel filling knee was uncomfortable, but only for a few seconds. Excellent relief after the 3rd shot w/ good range of motion in knee."

15yearsw/OrthoArthritis (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Did not work for my minimal OA! I was left with Orthovisc as my only alternative after my insurance company decided they would no longer cover Euflexxa which I used with great success for 4 years. I will now have to pay almost $1000 out of pocket for the better product, such a shame! Orthovisc gave me no relief at all; The Euflexxa I was getting 18 months on continuous relief."

DiveGerl July 22, 2016