User Reviews for Glucotrol to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Glucotrol has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 70% of those users who reviewed Glucotrol reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Glucotrol Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

LuLu · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 29, 2020

“I was on Glucotrol 5 mgs but my levels were still too high. We raised to 10 mgs. My levels got under control for a while then my night time sugar levels fell way too much, many more nights of 50 or lower so we dropped back to 5 mgs. Works like a dream when I remember foods I could have at 10 mgs are not allowable at 5 mgs. I like this med much much better than metformin. No side effects with my Glipizide ER.”

Anonymous September 22, 2015

“Dropped sugar way to much”

pagibson2014 August 10, 2014

“I had severe headaches, muscle aches, anxiety. I felt flushed, skin excessively warm. Dizziness my eyeballs hurt. Nausea, vomiting, motion sickness yes motion sickness.”

happy fart August 19, 2009

“I have taken it for over 10 years and I have had excellent results and I am still taking the amount that I was started on and my readings average 95. If you can beat that with another medicine please let me know what it is.”

Anonymous June 30, 2008

“I've been taking glipizide for two weeks. It is effective in lowering blood sugar and helps with post prandial spikes. It works fast, sometimes too fast and has forced me to modify the timing and quantity of my meals.”

Anonymous July 9, 2012

“I was taking it for 7 days had uncontrollable itching, it controlled my sugar really well but the itching was awful.”

bahaikat October 27, 2008

“Works very well. No noticable side effects.”

helenhays03 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2013

“I was put on Glipizide ER after having bad side effects from Metformin ER. Had the diarrhea with it. Have had no problems with Glipizide.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 9, 2013

“I was on Metformin and had trouble with the Diarrhea side effects. Dr put me on Glipizide Er 10mgs. Works great and no side effects. Added Januvia to my therapy. 6.4 A1c.”

ybee June 2, 2009

“It worked extremely well for me. It lowers my blood sugar level fast. My doctor changed me to Janumet and Starlix and they are not doing the job. I am going to request that I return to Glucotrol.”