User Reviews for Glucotrol

Diabetes, Type 2
7.7

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

LuLu · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 29, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was on Glucotrol 5 mgs but my levels were still too high. We raised to 10 mgs. My levels got under control for a while then my night time sugar levels fell way too much, many more nights of 50 or lower so we dropped back to 5 mgs. Works like a dream when I remember foods I could have at 10 mgs are not allowable at 5 mgs. I like this med much much better than metformin. No side effects with my Glipizide ER.”

Anonymous September 22, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Dropped sugar way to much”

pagibson2014 August 10, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I had severe headaches, muscle aches, anxiety. I felt flushed, skin excessively warm. Dizziness my eyeballs hurt. Nausea, vomiting, motion sickness yes motion sickness.”

happy fart August 19, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have taken it for over 10 years and I have had excellent results and I am still taking the amount that I was started on and my readings average 95. If you can beat that with another medicine please let me know what it is.”

Anonymous June 30, 2008

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been taking glipizide for two weeks. It is effective in lowering blood sugar and helps with post prandial spikes. It works fast, sometimes too fast and has forced me to modify the timing and quantity of my meals.”

Anonymous July 9, 2012

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was taking it for 7 days had uncontrollable itching, it controlled my sugar really well but the itching was awful.”

bahaikat October 27, 2008

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Works very well. No noticable side effects.”

helenhays03 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was put on Glipizide ER after having bad side effects from Metformin ER. Had the diarrhea with it. Have had no problems with Glipizide.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 9, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was on Metformin and had trouble with the Diarrhea side effects. Dr put me on Glipizide Er 10mgs. Works great and no side effects. Added Januvia to my therapy. 6.4 A1c.”

ybee June 2, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2: “It worked extremely well for me. It lowers my blood sugar level fast. My doctor changed me to Janumet and Starlix and they are not doing the job. I am going to request that I return to Glucotrol.”