User Reviews for Mavyret to treat Hepatitis C

Mavyret has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 270 ratings for the treatment of Hepatitis C. 81% of those users who reviewed Mavyret reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Mavyret Rating Summary

8.6/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Mavyret

Anonymous May 8, 2021

“Don't waste your time or money. Don't know where the reviews are coming from, but my friend and I both did the 8 week program and still have Hep-C. Thanks for nothing!”

Bakermeister · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2021

“I just finished week 2 and I have not had any side effects other than some Diarrhea two times. I Can't say it is from that medication or diet. I saw reviews where after the 1st week people were bed ridden 18-20 hours a day and that has not been my experience. I am excited to get thru the next 6 weeks and take my follow up blood test to see what it shows. I have had Hep C since the 1986 and have been blessed to have no symptoms and very little effect on my liver. I lived long enough to see the cure for this disease and look forward to being free of it.”

Ceaeff · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2021

“After the initial 20 hours of fatigue that may have not been related to Mavyret (I don't always get good sleep on a Friday night!), similar to a new antibiotic, I have zero side effects as of the 8th day into this. I can't believe it! I eat a mushy, substantial meal with taking the three pills, a few hours before going to sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

“After reading all the Mavyret reviews I made sure I took it at bedtime with a bottle of water. I am a 30 yr old Male, 5'10 , 160 lbs. I had no side effects at all. I just finished my 8 weeks and after my follow up test. I am negative for Hep C.”

Mrzdeb · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

“Hi, I am on my second week of Mavyret treatment for hep C, Genotype 4a and have had Hep C for over 30 years. I have good days and some weird days! I take my meds @1130 AM with food. Definitely eat! Side effects for me have been anxiety in the midst of the COVID virus. (I live in FL) Waking up 3 -4 AM with anxious thoughts. Some fatigue during day. Headache very slight on and off. Hoping for a cure at the end of my 8 weeks! God bless everyone on this journey.”

Jeannie March 13, 2020

“Hi everyone, I'm from Germany, got HepC in the mid 80s. Happy there finally is an alternative to Interferon/Ribavirin! Started my 9th week (of 12) today. Only had very mild nausea and very mild diarrhea after the first doses, for 3-5 days, but did not feel sick or otherwise unable to work. Also had sudden fatigue that quickly disappeared after I had some rest. After the first week, I hardly even noticed I was on medication. Virus load was tested after W4 - and all HCV had gone, a miracle! Mid-July, I will have my SVR12 test. So let's keep spirits up, folks! Whatever the side effect - HepC has such a bad prognosis, high risks and may also have various co-diseases. There's rashes and joint/muscle pain (which I have had coming and going for some years now), and there may be many more. Hope for alleviation of my joint pain after the medication. I'd like to encourage everyone to go for the therapy. Let's get rid of the virus, and be free to live a healthy life!”

Ken · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

“Just finished my 8 week treatment with mavyret. Had no side effects. Dr called said no hep c virus was detected. So thankful go back check again in July. I had hep c 28 years always felt so tired. Hoping now that it's gone I can start feeling better and enjoy life and not want to go to sleep all the time. Feeling grateful...”

Anonymous October 31, 2019

“I normally never write reviews but felt I needed to considering people are reading this when deciding to take the Mavyret. I, myself, did so before taking the medication and found myself hesitant and nervous because I am super sensitive to medication. Tomorrow will be my fourth week of taking it and it has been a lot easier than I had anticipated. My side effects have been dizziness, trouble focusing, coldness, slight nausea, tiredness. I had some anxiety which is now gone. The dizziness has decreased dramatically and I can focus much better now. My body just needed to acclimate to the meds. If I can offer advice to anyone who is reading this is to prepare. Drink 16 cups of water a day. Eat crackers for nausea and eat a big meal with the meds and rest when you body needs it. Take care of your body so it can take care of you. I can only speak to my experience of the medication. For me, it has been a lot easier than I had anticipated. Don’t let fear stop you. You can do this.”

Survivor, · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

“I started the Mavyret, 7 days ago. I feel GREAT, I have found out that to keep the nausea away, it is best taken at night with food a few hours before bed. Drink plenty of liquids and eat your meals , do not skip eating. I take 40mg of Omeprazole in the morning with a large glass of water. I have survived Esophogus Cancer, and very sensitive to medication, So I was worried about the nausea other have reported. I tremble a little with the medication, so I increased my liquids and it stops. I hope whom ever reads this, try the medication and get rid of the HEP C.”

LAMike · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2018

“First, I have to thank this forum. Talk about doing a service to the public. I ended my treatment 4 days ago of 8 weeks of treatment. And my results were negative for the Hep C virsus. Found out today, it means nothing to you take another blood test 3 months after you end treatment of Mavyret. If it worked. I am going to post one more time after this post. It’s just super sad and their are mass media commercials that do not explain the Hep C symptoms. Remember when you do not look sick no one believes you. With my experience with Hep C, depression started first. Seeking help to DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) in group meetings. Then the fatigue set in to I was in bed over 20 hours a day over 4 days a week. Wishing I was dead. Wanting to kill people I love which would only be acting on the temporary virus Hep C symptoms. No one properly explains the symptoms of Hep C and how bad it is. Hopefully someone understands my message”

Shanball · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

“I just finished my 8 week course. The side effects are minimal but still suck, it really depends on your lifestyle choices. I'm an avid coffee drinker so guess who dealt with headaches everyday despite how much water I drank. The nausea levelled out and FYI the bigger the meal is the better. You get much less side effects that way. I took it with a glass of milk. The thicker liquid gave the medication a better absorbancy which = less side effects. I have alopecia areota and had thinning of hair during treatment but I expected that due to underlying illness. I couldn't wait to finish this because the side effects basically got on my nerves I was tired of being tired but they weren't unbearable I could still function fine. I just kept in mind the day I got to "cross the finish line' a healthier version of myself thanks to mavyret. I was non detected at my 4 week visit btw. Despite some mild side effects that get on your nerves it's totally worth it, your future you will thank you for doing this.”

Kaje · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2019

“Before taking this medication I read all the comments on this post... they literally had me scared to death! So scared that I postponed starting the medication for almost a week. I’m now 1 week into the medication and I’ve had zero side effects so far. At this point I’m starting to think (for the biggest part) only people who had negative experiences with it cared enough to review it.”

4evagr8ful · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“Hello I am 34 year old female who has had hep c for 12 years now. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago and do not drink. My bloodwork before starting the medicine showed no signs of liver scarring. I decided to take the pills at nighttime after eating dinner. I drink plenty of water every day and eat pretty healthy. I have 5 more days left of the medicine then I am done! I did not experience any side effects and my recent bloodwork was negative for the hep c virus!!! I go back in 12 weeks to confirm a cure!”

Washington women January 14, 2020

“I have had Hep C for 25 years. Stage 4 cirrhosis I'm the liver. I was only able to tolerate the medication for 5 weeks and 5 days. Basically it gave me really dark thoughts I've never had before or since stopping the medication. my doctor agreed that everybody is unique but my situation was unusual and I had to stop the medication The other side effects I experienced were nervousness, loss of appetite, muscle aches , just all around feeling physically nasty but it was the mental side effects that I had the most issues with . I've actually read reports from the VA that several people have experienced the same suicidal thoughts. My doctor informed me that I am most likely was not cured because I didn't complete the 12 weeks. I was told I'd have to do another medication if I tested positive for hep C. Today I called for the results... I'm cured.”

Well · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2021

“Yall I have had a good experience with Mavyret I have been on this meds for almost a month with no side affects. Gotten my first blood work it was non reactive I have 4 weeks to go. Please who ever is reading this, don't be scared like I was. It is worth every penny. Make sure you eat on it and drink a bottle of water. Take it at night at the same time and you will be fine. It's a one time go to be cured. I hope everyone have the same positive reactions. God bless and good luck”

SWashington · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2020

“I completed the course. It has been the 90 days, and, I. AM HEP C ,FREE. Now. Yay! The best way to use the medication is to eat with it at night. Drink water. Stay well hydrated. Very little side effects, easier than chemo was. Well worth the 8 weeks treatment to be Hep C, free.”

Michelle5051 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2019

“Coming back 8 months later to speak about experience. Did a 2 month treatment of Mavyeret. My viral load dropped significantly. Went for ending blood work (still had a viral load less than 12) worse part medication was done. I was devastated. I assumed I didn't clear. The doctor said "the medication still works. Come back in a month for another test . I had little hope. Went back in month, UNDETECTED. Just did my six month test..UNDETECTED. It's safe to say, my Hepatitis C, is gone. The doctors feel safe to say it. Point being.. When your meds are done, the medication still continues to work for upwards of a month. If your viral load is low at the end, chances are, it will show undetected a month later. Do! Not! Give! Up! Have hope! When you have nothing else, you still have hope.”

gr8fulwoun · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

“I have had hep c since 2000 but did not have insurance that would cover mavyret until recently. The side effects were not a concern to my doctor. I was seriously ill with bone pain, nausea, fatigue and headaches. Worst of all, about halfway into treatment I started getting severe panic attacks - I had never had a panic attack in my entire life. My doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication. Uh, yes it did. I also developed red lesions on my hands, feet and legs that have not stopped forming even after three weeks of being off the medication! My doctor says that it is psoriasis which I have never had as well. I am still suffering with the anxiety and skin lesions today. I hope it worked so it is worth all these side effects. I find out in January if I am free of Hep C but my mid treatment blood work showed good signs, so pray for me, pray these lesions go away too, please! Thanks for all the posts and supports. I do not feel so alone.”

Rose Snow · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2021

“I've been taking Mavyret for 3 weeks now... the first 5 days were pretty rough. Extreme tiredness and headache.. as well as becoming winded when I'm just sitting there.. side effects now aren't as bad but still tired and headaches and after I take them my ears get super red and hot.. Oh and had massive hot and cold flashes. Waking up soaked in sweat. It seems each day is getting easier but still this stuff is potent! It has gotta be to get rid of the virus right? I'm super grateful for it even tho it makes me feel icky. I was so scared to start it due to the side effects but I'm almost half way there so I think I've made it past the hardest parts! Another thing.. it makes me super light and sound sensitive.. Anyone else have that issue?”

A · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

“I'm only on my second day of Mavyret and it is kicking my butt. I'm not a complainer but this medication really makes me feel out of it. Nausea, dizziness, headache, and tiredness are also side effects I'm having. I had no liver damage and had a pretty load viral load. I'm 26 and obviously will continue treatment to cure my hep c but it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm currently taking my medication in the morning with light food. Maybe I should switch to before bed? Is that better? 7 weeks to go! Itll be fine.”

Frank October 31, 2019

“I looked at other reviews before taking this medication and it made me not want to take it. I have 0 problems. No side effects whatsoever. Have been taking this for few weeks now. Do not let the reviews turn you off of this medicine. Will write another review when complete.”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

“I'm on my third week of Mavyret at my 2 week mark they did lab work to make sure the medicine was doing it's job & not making it worse, almost a month ago my liver function were at a 160 & 116. On my third week and my lab work came back and my liver function is 27 and 16 ”

Paul · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2020

“OK so now I'm a month in. My insides have been a bit soft but I've found that if you take your Mavyret while eating then it's not so bad. I've had a bit of fogginess in the brain and bouts of fatigue. Waves of depression and anxiety. My advice is don't dwell on the side effects, it'll just make them worse. Let's face it, most of us got Hep C one way and we know that when you were hanging if you just got on with things it wasn't nearly as bad as when you sat around feeling sorry for yourself. Compared with Interferon this is nothing”

Summer68 October 20, 2019

“Yes finally a drug that can cure me and it did just that, however the side effects they don't tell you about and I called them about it, could have killed me. I was getting severe itching and bruising, told my MD who put me on Prednisone and it helped until my last week and a half. I had a bad sore throat, trouble breathing. Within 2 days I was in critical care and my family was called it was that bad. Taking both meds the Mavyret and Prednisone was causing me to get sick I had Pneumonia and needed assistance with breathing and honestly felt it was only time before I'm gone. I had a procedure where they go into my lungs to get gasses and tissue which caused bleeding every time I coughed, extremely painful. Long story short, 5 weeks later finally going home, yes Hep C free too but the combination of both meds could have taken my life. Not only did the hospital, MD, myself notify the manufacturer nothing was done to show these 2 drugs combined could kill you.”

Tinmanoz · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

“Update ... It has been 6 months since my last treatment for 8 weeks . Lab test today non detectable. Yes some have side effects others none . Drink LOTS OF WATER and eat a good meal. You have no choice not to take this medication. You can do this ~ Good Luck !!”

CM&JM · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

“Me and my husband have had hep c for around 11 years. We are both heathy, we do not take any medications and are moderately active. We are starting week 4 on mavyret. We did some research before starting and decided to take the pills at night with supper, best idea ever. It does make you feel tired when first taken. We have had no side effects, we drink plenty of water and eat healthy as we were told to by our doctor. We are confident the next 5 weeks will be the same. Thank you mavyret and good luck to everyone!”

Rollin'Stone · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2019

“I finished week 8 Mavyret July 17th. Blood tests show no Hep C!!! I must have had it since spring 1981 from a dirty syrInge my "friend" left under my sofa. I was stuck by it the same day he used it it and "hid" it there. Side effects are still happening; severe fatigue, slowly getting better. My Dr. told me to hang in there, 2 - 3 months of side effects after finishing meds not uncommon. I felt better just having him tell me that! He also said "2020 will be one of the best years of my life so far" So grateful for this medicine, prayers for all of us...PEACE”

Rissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

“I completed the 8 week course of Mavyret a few weeks ago. The beginning of taking it I had a real bad headache for about a week and trouble getting to sleep but after the headache went away I had no other side effects. Waiting for the results of the blood testing to see if it worked but I am hopeful. Will update results upon . I was very nervous to do this treatment but it went pretty easily minus a the headache.”

Learn more about Hepatitis C