User Reviews for Mavyret to treat Hepatitis C

Mavyret Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Mavyret

SWashington · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2020

“I completed the course. It has been the 90 days, and, I. AM HEP C ,FREE. Now. Yay! The best way to use the medication is to eat with it at night. Drink water. Stay well hydrated. Very little side effects, easier than chemo was. Well worth the 8 weeks treatment to be Hep C, free.”

Shanball · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

“I just finished my 8 week course. The side effects are minimal but still suck, it really depends on your lifestyle choices. I'm an avid coffee drinker so guess who dealt with headaches everyday despite how much water I drank. The nausea levelled out and FYI the bigger the meal is the better. You get much less side effects that way. I took it with a glass of milk. The thicker liquid gave the medication a better absorbancy which = less side effects. I have alopecia areota and had thinning of hair during treatment but I expected that due to underlying illness. I couldn't wait to finish this because the side effects basically got on my nerves I was tired of being tired but they weren't unbearable I could still function fine. I just kept in mind the day I got to "cross the finish line' a healthier version of myself thanks to mavyret. I was non detected at my 4 week visit btw. Despite some mild side effects that get on your nerves it's totally worth it, your future you will thank you for doing this.”

Jeannie March 13, 2020

“Hi everyone, I'm from Germany, got HepC in the mid 80s. Happy there finally is an alternative to Interferon/Ribavirin! Started my 9th week (of 12) today. Only had very mild nausea and very mild diarrhea after the first doses, for 3-5 days, but did not feel sick or otherwise unable to work. Also had sudden fatigue that quickly disappeared after I had some rest. After the first week, I hardly even noticed I was on medication. Virus load was tested after W4 - and all HCV had gone, a miracle! Mid-July, I will have my SVR12 test. So let's keep spirits up, folks! Whatever the side effect - HepC has such a bad prognosis, high risks and may also have various co-diseases. There's rashes and joint/muscle pain (which I have had coming and going for some years now), and there may be many more. Hope for alleviation of my joint pain after the medication. I'd like to encourage everyone to go for the therapy. Let's get rid of the virus, and be free to live a healthy life!”

Ken · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

“Just finished my 8 week treatment with mavyret. Had no side effects. Dr called said no hep c virus was detected. So thankful go back check again in July. I had hep c 28 years always felt so tired. Hoping now that it's gone I can start feeling better and enjoy life and not want to go to sleep all the time. Feeling grateful...”

Rissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

“I completed the 8 week course of Mavyret a few weeks ago. The beginning of taking it I had a real bad headache for about a week and trouble getting to sleep but after the headache went away I had no other side effects. Waiting for the results of the blood testing to see if it worked but I am hopeful. Will update results upon . I was very nervous to do this treatment but it went pretty easily minus a the headache.”

Tony · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

“Have had hep c for 35 years took mavyret for 8 weeks.Just got my test results virus undetected. It worked for me.”

4evagr8ful · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“Hello I am 34 year old female who has had hep c for 12 years now. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago and do not drink. My bloodwork before starting the medicine showed no signs of liver scarring. I decided to take the pills at nighttime after eating dinner. I drink plenty of water every day and eat pretty healthy. I have 5 more days left of the medicine then I am done! I did not experience any side effects and my recent bloodwork was negative for the hep c virus!!! I go back in 12 weeks to confirm a cure!”

A · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

“I'm only on my second day of Mavyret and it is kicking my butt. I'm not a complainer but this medication really makes me feel out of it. Nausea, dizziness, headache, and tiredness are also side effects I'm having. I had no liver damage and had a pretty load viral load. I'm 26 and obviously will continue treatment to cure my hep c but it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm currently taking my medication in the morning with light food. Maybe I should switch to before bed? Is that better? 7 weeks to go! Itll be fine.”

Cured · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“Started my week 8 today. Very little side effects first couple of days had upset stomach but I found if I grazed a little all day I got rid of all stomach upset. A little tired and achy but so worth it. I am now Hep c free. Bloodwork on week 4 was clear.”

Tinmanoz · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

“Update ... It has been 6 months since my last treatment for 8 weeks . Lab test today non detectable. Yes some have side effects others none . Drink LOTS OF WATER and eat a good meal. You have no choice not to take this medication. You can do this ~ Good Luck !!”

Tyler · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

“I'm on my last two weeks of taking Mavyret on an 8 week treatment. I have been feeling palpitations. Also very tired and chills at night. The palpitations get me very nervous. I had an EKG and blood work to check my heart enzymes, everything came out ok. These palpitations started around my 4th week of treatment. But gotta keep going.”

Dan · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

“Mavyret worked on me in 3 weeks and I had liver damage”

Spooks February 22, 2020

“Day 7: I feel that around 2 hours after I take the medication I get really nauseous and dizzy. I feel that it last about 2-3 hours. Once that goes away I feel fine besides the little heartburn I’ve been getting. I’ve been thinking about taking the medication at night with a snack before bed so that all the side effects happen then. I’m super grateful for the opportunity. I tried to get medication for this in 2012 and kept getting denied because of my insurance. So glad I’m able to take on this journey to freedom”

G60N · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2020

“I am finishing up week 6 tomorrow and scheduled for a lab test to check on liver. Experienced tiredness, mild headache, anxiety and frustration but none of it severe.”

CM&JM · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

“Me and my husband have had hep c for around 11 years. We are both heathy, we do not take any medications and are moderately active. We are starting week 4 on mavyret. We did some research before starting and decided to take the pills at night with supper, best idea ever. It does make you feel tired when first taken. We have had no side effects, we drink plenty of water and eat healthy as we were told to by our doctor. We are confident the next 5 weeks will be the same. Thank you mavyret and good luck to everyone!”

Jim · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

“Started Mavyret exactly a month ago and I didn’t see any side effects for the first three weeks, but now I feel like I have the flu. Initially I assumed it was the flu but after reading a lot of these post I’m convinced it’s the meds. Side effects include chronic headache, lightheaded, loss of hunger, fatigue, sweaty, and my mental health is worse than usual, also chest pains. I’m grateful for the opportunity to have this disease cured. I also believe I will be able to make it to the end result no problem but it’s nice to know these side effects aren’t super rare thanks to everyone who posted Their experiences.”

wifeoftreated · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“My husband started Mayvret about 3 weeks or so ago. He is so exhausted and dead on his feet. He also has been having extreme back pain. Is this normal? it seems like if it isn't "normal," it's not terribly uncommon.”

jamiana · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

“I am starting Mavyret on March 3. I've had HepC for probably 50 years. Got it in the military. They tell me my liver looks practically normal with an extremely low viral load but suggest I still do the treatment. My question is If you have to work from 8 AM to 3 PM what is the best time of day to take this so you might experience the least amount of side effects during that time period? I could probably handle harsh side effects if there are any but someone tried to warn me about the possibility of this drug after treatment has finished causing heart conditions. Has anybody had any heart related problems after taking this drug? Thank you very much.”

EB · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

“Hey there I just started my treatment of this medication two days ago. I was so nervous and so excited at the same time. I am feeling a little nauseous, and my skin is pretty itchy, now idk if that’s from winter dry skin or a side effect. I can’t wait to be cured, I just hope after this is over that I feel better because right now I feel awful !! Praying for a speedy and effective treatment !! I’ll tell again in a few weeks how I’m feeling. Thanks for reading..”

Anonymous February 3, 2020

“I've had hep c for 26 years. Last ten I always felt tiered like I had the flu. I've been on this treatment for four weeks. I already feel like a new person. A lot of energy. Had no bad side effects. Have to do the 12 week treatment. I take three pills every morning. Feeling so thankful.”

Survivor, · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

“I started the Mavyret, 7 days ago. I feel GREAT, I have found out that to keep the nausea away, it is best taken at night with food a few hours before bed. Drink plenty of liquids and eat your meals , do not skip eating. I take 40mg of Omeprazole in the morning with a large glass of water. I have survived Esophogus Cancer, and very sensitive to medication, So I was worried about the nausea other have reported. I tremble a little with the medication, so I increased my liquids and it stops. I hope whom ever reads this, try the medication and get rid of the HEP C.”

Debra · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

“I just finished one month treatment on Mavyret and the side effects are definitely easing up. The effects at first were harsh. Flu like symptoms, fatigue, tummy ache, foggiest and prob the nausea was the worst of all for me. (I suffer from migraines so I’m more sensitive to nausea) but it’s lessening as I enter into the second month. I go for a first month checkup on Monday so I’m hoping things are looking good. Do the treatment your health is first priority. You will get through this and once your hep C free, this will be a distant memory. Good luck fellow patients!!!”

Paul · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2020

“OK so now I'm a month in. My insides have been a bit soft but I've found that if you take your Mavyret while eating then it's not so bad. I've had a bit of fogginess in the brain and bouts of fatigue. Waves of depression and anxiety. My advice is don't dwell on the side effects, it'll just make them worse. Let's face it, most of us got Hep C one way and we know that when you were hanging if you just got on with things it wasn't nearly as bad as when you sat around feeling sorry for yourself. Compared with Interferon this is nothing”

L.J · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

“I went thru 8 weeks of every side effect you can think of. I was fluish the whole time. I'm cured though and that's what counts.”

Washington women January 14, 2020

“I have had Hep C for 25 years. Stage 4 cirrhosis I'm the liver. I was only able to tolerate the medication for 5 weeks and 5 days. Basically it gave me really dark thoughts I've never had before or since stopping the medication. my doctor agreed that everybody is unique but my situation was unusual and I had to stop the medication The other side effects I experienced were nervousness, loss of appetite, muscle aches , just all around feeling physically nasty but it was the mental side effects that I had the most issues with . I've actually read reports from the VA that several people have experienced the same suicidal thoughts. My doctor informed me that I am most likely was not cured because I didn't complete the 12 weeks. I was told I'd have to do another medication if I tested positive for hep C. Today I called for the results... I'm cured.”

Learn more about Hepatitis C

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)