User Reviews for Ribavirin

Also known as: Copegus, Moderiba, Rebetol, RibaPak, Ribasphere, RibaTab, Virazole

Learn more about Ribavirin.

Hepatitis C 8 reviews 23 medications

5.4
Summary of Ribavirin reviews 8 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ribavirin

Moderiba (ribavirin) for Hepatitis C: "worked well also included Vira - Pak. Moderiba this drug keeps you unable to sleep (very speedy) My doctor lowered my dose this helped greatly. Manufacturers program, qualified was givin the drugs for free. Thank God of Israel !"

Priest (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016

For Hepatitis C: "it made me very sick and was taken off this medication"

andrew131313 September 27, 2016

For Hepatitis C: "I was on pegylated interferon/ribavarin for 50 weeks in 2010. I developed anemia through out the treatment but it was not sever. I would cry at the drop of a hat, had sever fatigue and body pains. Six years later I still have fatigue and muscle/bone pain. I have not been able to work. I'm exercising but very minimal ( walk less than a block) and can not increase it due to being laid up for the next few days. I've been refused social security because my liver damage isn't sever enough. I would stay far away from this drug. The manufacturer should compensate people who have long term/permanent side effects."

Wild hair May 4, 2016

Rebetol (ribavirin) for Hepatitis C: "48 weeks treatment of HCV 1(a b) by NHS (UK national free Medicaid? equivalent). Dosage was lowered at one point due to adverse side effects on blood count, re: haemolytic anaemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia. Post treatment suffered acute pancreatitis episode. Numerous other adverse side effects during and post treatment chronic (for 9 years) side effects attributable to (either/both) ribavirin and interferon - the more serious chronic effects include: depression, anxiety, memory impairment, fatigue, sleep disorder, concentration and executive function impairment. Brief episode of delusion / psychosis during treatment. Initially responded but relapsed early during treatment despite rigorous adherence to treatment schedule."

JaiDee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2016

For Hepatitis C: "Its too early in my treatment to weigh in on how effective the drug will be. Taken in conjunction with Sovaldi. However, side effects are numerous and worrisome....Itching, black and tarry stools, shortness of breath, severe mood swings from bursting into tears to spontaneous laughter, nauseous feelings, muscle cramps and joint pain, vision issues as well as insomnia and trouble remaining asleep. I have phoned my doctor as he did not make me aware of the full spectrum of side effects nor how long they will persist during the course of treatment. I am eight days in to treatment for Hep C, genus II."

mojo56 September 11, 2015

Ribasphere (ribavirin) for Hepatitis C: "Worked for me, had mild side effects my virus was cleared. Very glad for this medicine, taken with Pegasys interferon"

Amidst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2015

Rebetol (ribavirin) for Hepatitis C: "After treatment for 48 weeks with Rebetol combined with PegInteron I no longer have virus in my system. Side effects included extreme fatigue toward the end of treatment, along with flu-like symptoms every weekend after administering the shot of PegInteron on Fridays."

RJGatzk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2013

Copegus (ribavirin) for Hepatitis C: "This new anti-viral, used exclusively with Pegalated Interferon is a God-send for people with genome 2 HCV. My wife got the virus in a blood transfusion back in the late 80's or early 90's. She went through the old interferon therapy without (ribavirin) and it is back. I contracted the virus from her, had little hope, but I have been RNA negative in all blood test since the 2nd month of treatment. With the help of support groups, I've been able to manage most of the mean side effects. The trade-off is very much worth it."

Heavywall007 August 18, 2011