User Reviews for Glecaprevir / pibrentasvir to treat Hepatitis C

Also known as: Mavyret

Glecaprevir / pibrentasvir has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 298 ratings for the treatment of Hepatitis C. 81% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 7% reported a negative experience.

Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Glecaprevir / pibrentasvir

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 23, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “After reading all the Mavyret reviews I made sure I took it at bedtime with a bottle of water. I am a 30 yr old Male, 5'10 , 160 lbs. I had no side effects at all. I just finished my 8 weeks and after my follow up test. I am negative for Hep C.”

Anonymous · October 31, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I normally never write reviews but felt I needed to considering people are reading this when deciding to take the Mavyret. I, myself, did so before taking the medication and found myself hesitant and nervous because I am super sensitive to medication. Tomorrow will be my fourth week of taking it and it has been a lot easier than I had anticipated. My side effects have been dizziness, trouble focusing, coldness, slight nausea, tiredness. I had some anxiety which is now gone. The dizziness has decreased dramatically and I can focus much better now. My body just needed to acclimate to the meds. If I can offer advice to anyone who is reading this is to prepare. Drink 16 cups of water a day. Eat crackers for nausea and eat a big meal with the meds and rest when you body needs it. Take care of your body so it can take care of you. I can only speak to my experience of the medication. For me, it has been a lot easier than I had anticipated. Don’t let fear stop you. You can do this.”

LAMike · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 21, 2018

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “First, I have to thank this forum. Talk about doing a service to the public. I ended my treatment 4 days ago of 8 weeks of treatment. And my results were negative for the Hep C virsus. Found out today, it means nothing to you take another blood test 3 months after you end treatment of Mavyret. If it worked. I am going to post one more time after this post. It’s just super sad and their are mass media commercials that do not explain the Hep C symptoms. Remember when you do not look sick no one believes you. With my experience with Hep C, depression started first. Seeking help to DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) in group meetings. Then the fatigue set in to I was in bed over 20 hours a day over 4 days a week. Wishing I was dead. Wanting to kill people I love which would only be acting on the temporary virus Hep C symptoms. No one properly explains the symptoms of Hep C and how bad it is. Hopefully someone understands my message”

Mrzdeb · Taken for less than 1 month · August 2, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hi, I am on my second week of Mavyret treatment for hep C, Genotype 4a and have had Hep C for over 30 years. I have good days and some weird days! I take my meds @1130 AM with food. Definitely eat! Side effects for me have been anxiety in the midst of the COVID virus. (I live in FL) Waking up 3 -4 AM with anxious thoughts. Some fatigue during day. Headache very slight on and off. Hoping for a cure at the end of my 8 weeks! God bless everyone on this journey.”

Jeannie · March 13, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hi everyone, I'm from Germany, got HepC in the mid 80s. Happy there finally is an alternative to Interferon/Ribavirin! Started my 9th week (of 12) today. Only had very mild nausea and very mild diarrhea after the first doses, for 3-5 days, but did not feel sick or otherwise unable to work. Also had sudden fatigue that quickly disappeared after I had some rest. After the first week, I hardly even noticed I was on medication. Virus load was tested after W4 - and all HCV had gone, a miracle! Mid-July, I will have my SVR12 test. So let's keep spirits up, folks! Whatever the side effect - HepC has such a bad prognosis, high risks and may also have various co-diseases. There's rashes and joint/muscle pain (which I have had coming and going for some years now), and there may be many more. Hope for alleviation of my joint pain after the medication. I'd like to encourage everyone to go for the therapy. Let's get rid of the virus, and be free to live a healthy life!”

Michelle5051 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 13, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Coming back 8 months later to speak about experience. Did a 2 month treatment of Mavyeret. My viral load dropped significantly. Went for ending blood work (still had a viral load less than 12) worse part medication was done. I was devastated. I assumed I didn't clear. The doctor said "the medication still works. Come back in a month for another test . I had little hope. Went back in month, UNDETECTED. Just did my six month test..UNDETECTED. It's safe to say, my Hepatitis C, is gone. The doctors feel safe to say it. Point being.. When your meds are done, the medication still continues to work for upwards of a month. If your viral load is low at the end, chances are, it will show undetected a month later. Do! Not! Give! Up! Have hope! When you have nothing else, you still have hope.”

Survivor, · Taken for less than 1 month · January 29, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I started the Mavyret, 7 days ago. I feel GREAT, I have found out that to keep the nausea away, it is best taken at night with food a few hours before bed. Drink plenty of liquids and eat your meals , do not skip eating. I take 40mg of Omeprazole in the morning with a large glass of water. I have survived Esophogus Cancer, and very sensitive to medication, So I was worried about the nausea other have reported. I tremble a little with the medication, so I increased my liquids and it stops. I hope whom ever reads this, try the medication and get rid of the HEP C.”

Ken · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 10, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Just finished my 8 week treatment with mavyret. Had no side effects. Dr called said no hep c virus was detected. So thankful go back check again in July. I had hep c 28 years always felt so tired. Hoping now that it's gone I can start feeling better and enjoy life and not want to go to sleep all the time. Feeling grateful...”

Kaje · Taken for less than 1 month · December 22, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Before taking this medication I read all the comments on this post... they literally had me scared to death! So scared that I postponed starting the medication for almost a week. I’m now 1 week into the medication and I’ve had zero side effects so far. At this point I’m starting to think (for the biggest part) only people who had negative experiences with it cared enough to review it.”

Washington women · January 14, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I have had Hep C for 25 years. Stage 4 cirrhosis I'm the liver. I was only able to tolerate the medication for 5 weeks and 5 days. Basically it gave me really dark thoughts I've never had before or since stopping the medication. my doctor agreed that everybody is unique but my situation was unusual and I had to stop the medication The other side effects I experienced were nervousness, loss of appetite, muscle aches , just all around feeling physically nasty but it was the mental side effects that I had the most issues with . I've actually read reports from the VA that several people have experienced the same suicidal thoughts. My doctor informed me that I am most likely was not cured because I didn't complete the 12 weeks. I was told I'd have to do another medication if I tested positive for hep C. Today I called for the results... I'm cured.”

Frank · October 31, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I looked at other reviews before taking this medication and it made me not want to take it. I have 0 problems. No side effects whatsoever. Have been taking this for few weeks now. Do not let the reviews turn you off of this medicine. Will write another review when complete.”

4evagr8ful · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 28, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hello I am 34 year old female who has had hep c for 12 years now. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago and do not drink. My bloodwork before starting the medicine showed no signs of liver scarring. I decided to take the pills at nighttime after eating dinner. I drink plenty of water every day and eat pretty healthy. I have 5 more days left of the medicine then I am done! I did not experience any side effects and my recent bloodwork was negative for the hep c virus!!! I go back in 12 weeks to confirm a cure!”

gr8fulwoun · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 7, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I have had hep c since 2000 but did not have insurance that would cover mavyret until recently. The side effects were not a concern to my doctor. I was seriously ill with bone pain, nausea, fatigue and headaches. Worst of all, about halfway into treatment I started getting severe panic attacks - I had never had a panic attack in my entire life. My doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication. Uh, yes it did. I also developed red lesions on my hands, feet and legs that have not stopped forming even after three weeks of being off the medication! My doctor says that it is psoriasis which I have never had as well. I am still suffering with the anxiety and skin lesions today. I hope it worked so it is worth all these side effects. I find out in January if I am free of Hep C but my mid treatment blood work showed good signs, so pray for me, pray these lesions go away too, please! Thanks for all the posts and supports. I do not feel so alone.”

Shanball · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 2, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I just finished my 8 week course. The side effects are minimal but still suck, it really depends on your lifestyle choices. I'm an avid coffee drinker so guess who dealt with headaches everyday despite how much water I drank. The nausea levelled out and FYI the bigger the meal is the better. You get much less side effects that way. I took it with a glass of milk. The thicker liquid gave the medication a better absorbancy which = less side effects. I have alopecia areota and had thinning of hair during treatment but I expected that due to underlying illness. I couldn't wait to finish this because the side effects basically got on my nerves I was tired of being tired but they weren't unbearable I could still function fine. I just kept in mind the day I got to "cross the finish line' a healthier version of myself thanks to mavyret. I was non detected at my 4 week visit btw. Despite some mild side effects that get on your nerves it's totally worth it, your future you will thank you for doing this.”

Victorj37 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 23, 2018

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hi, love this group. I have been reading this for a few weeks now. I am a 56 year old male that has Hep C type 1 for probably 40 years. After being so sick I couldn’t work anymore, went to the doctor and was diagnosed . 13.7 million viral load I start treatment on Friday , two days ago. Very nervous and high anxiety. I feel my liver twinging every morning for hours, I just lay around sick everyday. Also was diagnosed with fatty liver. I'm so hopeful, so want life back. Nobody gets this disease , or understands - unless you have it. I never did. Love to you all ! Victor Now for my Update! Update ! Week 2 of medication Still aches and pains, some depression But it’s all poos and giggles now ! I have worked a few hours for the last 3 days ! Another UPDATE ! Week 5 blood came back undetected ! The world looks different now . Just stunned ! Have been doing work again, slowly. Praise the lord and maveryt !”

A · Taken for less than 1 month · February 28, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I'm only on my second day of Mavyret and it is kicking my butt. I'm not a complainer but this medication really makes me feel out of it. Nausea, dizziness, headache, and tiredness are also side effects I'm having. I had no liver damage and had a pretty load viral load. I'm 26 and obviously will continue treatment to cure my hep c but it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm currently taking my medication in the morning with light food. Maybe I should switch to before bed? Is that better? 7 weeks to go! Itll be fine.”

Paul · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 21, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “OK so now I'm a month in. My insides have been a bit soft but I've found that if you take your Mavyret while eating then it's not so bad. I've had a bit of fogginess in the brain and bouts of fatigue. Waves of depression and anxiety. My advice is don't dwell on the side effects, it'll just make them worse. Let's face it, most of us got Hep C one way and we know that when you were hanging if you just got on with things it wasn't nearly as bad as when you sat around feeling sorry for yourself. Compared with Interferon this is nothing”

Summer68 · October 20, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Yes finally a drug that can cure me and it did just that, however the side effects they don't tell you about and I called them about it, could have killed me. I was getting severe itching and bruising, told my MD who put me on Prednisone and it helped until my last week and a half. I had a bad sore throat, trouble breathing. Within 2 days I was in critical care and my family was called it was that bad. Taking both meds the Mavyret and Prednisone was causing me to get sick I had Pneumonia and needed assistance with breathing and honestly felt it was only time before I'm gone. I had a procedure where they go into my lungs to get gasses and tissue which caused bleeding every time I coughed, extremely painful. Long story short, 5 weeks later finally going home, yes Hep C free too but the combination of both meds could have taken my life. Not only did the hospital, MD, myself notify the manufacturer nothing was done to show these 2 drugs combined could kill you.”

SWashington · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 15, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I completed the course. It has been the 90 days, and, I. AM HEP C ,FREE. Now. Yay! The best way to use the medication is to eat with it at night. Drink water. Stay well hydrated. Very little side effects, easier than chemo was. Well worth the 8 weeks treatment to be Hep C, free.”

Rollin'Stone · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 14, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I finished week 8 Mavyret July 17th. Blood tests show no Hep C!!! I must have had it since spring 1981 from a dirty syrInge my "friend" left under my sofa. I was stuck by it the same day he used it it and "hid" it there. Side effects are still happening; severe fatigue, slowly getting better. My Dr. told me to hang in there, 2 - 3 months of side effects after finishing meds not uncommon. I felt better just having him tell me that! He also said "2020 will be one of the best years of my life so far" So grateful for this medicine, prayers for all of us...PEACE”

Tinmanoz · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 25, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Update ... It has been 6 months since my last treatment for 8 weeks . Lab test today non detectable. Yes some have side effects others none . Drink LOTS OF WATER and eat a good meal. You have no choice not to take this medication. You can do this ~ Good Luck !!”

jamiana · Taken for less than 1 month · February 9, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I am starting Mavyret on March 3. I've had HepC for probably 50 years. Got it in the military. They tell me my liver looks practically normal with an extremely low viral load but suggest I still do the treatment. My question is If you have to work from 8 AM to 3 PM what is the best time of day to take this so you might experience the least amount of side effects during that time period? I could probably handle harsh side effects if there are any but someone tried to warn me about the possibility of this drug after treatment has finished causing heart conditions. Has anybody had any heart related problems after taking this drug? Thank you very much.”

Fdr · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 28, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Took for 8 weeks every day yet it had no effect and doctor can't explain why. I am now in process of being prescribed Vosevi which I hope will work, it was very frustrating after waiting 90 days after treatment with mavyret to be tested and found out it had no effect?”

NW Guy · Taken for less than 1 month · September 1, 2019

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I have used the Mavyret 2 weeks now. I get this "psyched out " feeling like I am worrying and self absorbed, scared I cant keep taking the med if it worsens. I go to the gym and exercise to help the muscle pain, fatigue and headache symptoms. I am drinking a ton of water. I am so sensitive to medicine....but I am convinced I will get through this treatment. I have had hep C over 45 years and I want to cure. May the Lord grant me a miracle.”

CM&JM · Taken for less than 1 month · February 16, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Me and my husband have had hep c for around 11 years. We are both heathy, we do not take any medications and are moderately active. We are starting week 4 on mavyret. We did some research before starting and decided to take the pills at night with supper, best idea ever. It does make you feel tired when first taken. We have had no side effects, we drink plenty of water and eat healthy as we were told to by our doctor. We are confident the next 5 weeks will be the same. Thank you mavyret and good luck to everyone!”

Learn more about Hepatitis C