User Reviews for Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir to treat Hepatitis C

Also known as: Mavyret

Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 260 ratings for the treatment of Hepatitis C. 81% of those users who reviewed Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

57% 148
2% 4
0% 1

Reviews for Glecaprevir/pibrentasvir

Ylimeyyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I have hepatitis C , gen. 3. I am a 31 yeAr old female. I found out I had Hep C when I was pregnant. I had my baby 10 weeks ago, baby is healthy. I am on day 6 of Mavyret. I have experienced some pretty uncomfortable symptoms so far. Right after I take the Mavyret at night with a meal I experience dry mouth, extreme fatigue, nausea. The next day I am very tired and have some stomach issues and very tired. I know it’s worth it to keep going so I will finish the medicine for the 8 weeks. I just hope there are no lasting ailments afterwards.”

Carebear · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I started this medication 5 days ago. The 1st 3 days were horrible. I had a headache that was just so bad and had moments of flu-like symptoms. I was going to discontinue it and thank goodness I didn't. On the 4th day, all side effects were gone! I am drinking at least 2 litres of water per day, which was recommended to ease the headaches. So far so good! I will post an update soon.”

Kesh5a · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “4 weeks lab result came back and I’m still detected. Viral load was at 2 millions and half now it’s only 75. I’m not sure if this medication will get rid of the virus completely. I’m on my 5th week now will update again ☹️”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I finished an 8 week treatment on 2/4. I was terrified before taking them, mainly due to a mistrust in medicine. The first 3 days were the worst of it. I experienced severe lower chest/upper abdominal pain. I thought I was having a heart attack or something. I was in the fetal position and hunched over in excruciating pain. I called the pharmacy and my doctor and they felt strongly that it was severe heartburn. The only thing that seemed to keep the pain subsided was grazing every hour or two and stayed hydrated. I also always took it with a big glass of milk and a savory meal. It took the first 3 days for me to figure it all out, but when I did it was glorious! The rest was a breeze! I was less nauseated and fatigued while taking the medication than before I was taking it. The most difficult part for me, other than the first 3 days was my fear/difficulty with medication and swallowing pills. I am excited to get my first blood test on Mondays!”

NOTSURE · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “4 weeks lab result came back ALT and AST back to normal. HCV was DETECTED but dropped from 2 millions and half to only 75! I'm hoping in couple of weeks I'm clear! I'm tired of this virus tho :(”

Scott · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I had hep. C for over 30 years. Started to really not feel well and my Dr. Said my hep. C levels where so I he didn't know if I would respond to treatment. Now after 8 weeks and have finished the treatment, oh after 4 weeks had blood work and no hep. C detected. I do feel a little better and I did have the fatigue, headache, nauseated, actual only completed the treatment 2 days ago and hoping to start feeling better like I did when the virus was dormant.”

Cc · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I’m on week 4 of Mavyret, I don’t it at night with a meal and milk I’ve had very minimum side effects still have mild headaches in morning but I’m grateful for this treatment and look forward to living life don’t give up”

Kasha January 27, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I had hep C for 50 years but only noticed it the last years of that 50. I took Mavyret for 2 months. It cured me the first month but required to take another month. I felt extreme fatigue, extreme thirst, extreme hunger and weakness. Lifted weights for most of my adult life but now can't lift much. Was walking 4 miles a day before taking it and had brain fog, depression, anxiety. Almost a year since last dose. Now Fatigue is less, still extremely thirsty, extreme hunger gone energy slowly improving. Now walking 3.9 miles a day. Finally sleeping well but still get depressed. My diet is 85% plant based & 15% animal so still have muscles. Sometimes my digestion isn't good and there is heart burn so I take probiotics and that takes care of it. I look forward to lifting weights again and I'm 69. Mavyret was scary to take.”

Seatofmyplants January 26, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hi! I’m 30, I’ve been living with hepatitis C since 2012 and it’s currently 2021. I have genotype c3 and I’ve been waiting for this drug for years now. I was scared to start because I’m very afraid of new medications but thankfully this drug has been just fine. I have a slight allergy to it but nothing I can’t manage. I take it at night with food and water. I have some fatigue but I can’t still work my corporate job. The first day I had diarrhea but it’s gone. I’ve been breaking out but that could be hormonal. Over all I don’t even know I’m taking anything, it doesn’t really make itself known. I’m on week 2, nearing week three. I’m really hoping the blood tests are clear!”

Well · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Yall I have had a good experience with Mavyret I have been on this meds for almost a month with no side affects. Gotten my first blood work it was non reactive I have 4 weeks to go. Please who ever is reading this, don't be scared like I was. It is worth every penny. Make sure you eat on it and drink a bottle of water. Take it at night at the same time and you will be fine. It's a one time go to be cured. I hope everyone have the same positive reactions. God bless and good luck”

Kesh5a · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Today I’m finishing my first week of Mavyret. The doc sent me to the lab to check my ALT and AST they both still very high and C02 is high as well but again I’m just in my first week. I lost about 7 pounds in one week that’s why he send me to get lab work. I have no side effect at all! I’m hoping for this to work! I’ll keep you guys posted ☹️”

Grateful57 · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I found out in 2007 that I had Hep c. I was glad to find out what was ailing me, but I was also shocked to be facing this life threatening disease. I walked around for 13 years praying for a cure because the medicine was so expensive. My day came on 12/29/20. I began my treatment and I am very happy. I prepared my body by taking probiotic complex daily, and I use them still with my medication. I take them in the morning, and the Mavyret at night. I drink lots of water to flush out. I still retain water, and my stomach swell with everything I eat. I am hoping that this too will go away by the end of my treatment. I have no side effects. I am thankful to get this treatment, and thankful for the state; to being willing to pay for it. I am not able to rate the medication because I just started to use it, but looking at all the thankful and grateful responsive, I believe it will work for me as well.”

J · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Well, tonight's the first night on Mavyret. Took it right after dinner, with lot's of water. Genotype 1, have had this curse since the mid 70's. Really never experienced bad symptoms, but it's time to get rid of the monkey on my back! I will update everyone over the next 8 weeks, wish me luck.”

Mikeylikesit · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2021

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Took Mavyret for 2 months only got headaches and nausea first few days of taking then nothing after first week. Got first blood test halfway thru meds and virus was gone. Got blood test 3 months after finishing and Hep C virus still gone and am now cured. Miracle drug!!!”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I have had hepatitis C since 2013 and it is now 2020. I started Mavyret 4 weeks ago and my blood work from the third week mark showed my chronically high AST and ALT levels have normalized drastically. On top of that my viral load went from 650,000 to 15, this is an amazing medication. The first two weeks I had diarrhea, a pounding head ache, stomach discomfort and major fatigue. Fatigue is still an issue. I wish I had gotten this medication sooner as I have mild liver fibrosis. Don’t wait to get treated for hep c, this medication is expensive however there are ways to get treatment without coming out of pocket. Thank you Optimum health.”

Unknown · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “This medication Mavyret, it has only made my life worse.”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I'm on my third week of Mavyret at my 2 week mark they did lab work to make sure the medicine was doing it's job & not making it worse, almost a month ago my liver function were at a 160 & 116. On my third week and my lab work came back and my liver function is 27 and 16 ”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “After reading all the Mavyret reviews I made sure I took it at bedtime with a bottle of water. I am a 30 yr old Male, 5'10 , 160 lbs. I had no side effects at all. I just finished my 8 weeks and after my follow up test. I am negative for Hep C.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I had HepC for over 20yrs. About 6 weeks into treatment, had hair loss & my skin was very dry. I was not told to increase my fluid intake. I wanted to quit after 8 weeks as the virus was not detectable in my bloodwork, but stayed on another month to lower my markers. After my treatment was over, 19 weeks later, I tried a new daydream Boots#7, that caused intense burning and deep tissue breakdown. So,I wonder if my treatment was connected somehow. But, I have cirrhosis so sharing just to save someone else this disaster. Dry skin & hair loss persists, otherwise, Happy&HepC FREE”

Mrzdeb · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hi, I am on my second week of Mavyret treatment for hep C, Genotype 4a and have had Hep C for over 30 years. I have good days and some weird days! I take my meds @1130 AM with food. Definitely eat! Side effects for me have been anxiety in the midst of the COVID virus. (I live in FL) Waking up 3 -4 AM with anxious thoughts. Some fatigue during day. Headache very slight on and off. Hoping for a cure at the end of my 8 weeks! God bless everyone on this journey.”

Tiny July 28, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Just finished my 8 weeks prescription of Mavyret, my ears are ringing, have headaches, have lost weight. Getting my blood test done on the 29 th of July and I’m hopeful.”

Mrzdeb · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Day 3 of Mayvret and I side effect of have intense itching, no hives, sneezing, stuffy nose! Genotype 4. Hep c for over 40 yrs! Hanging in there!”

SWashington · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I completed the course. It has been the 90 days, and, I. AM HEP C ,FREE. Now. Yay! The best way to use the medication is to eat with it at night. Drink water. Stay well hydrated. Very little side effects, easier than chemo was. Well worth the 8 weeks treatment to be Hep C, free.”

Shanball · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “I just finished my 8 week course. The side effects are minimal but still suck, it really depends on your lifestyle choices. I'm an avid coffee drinker so guess who dealt with headaches everyday despite how much water I drank. The nausea levelled out and FYI the bigger the meal is the better. You get much less side effects that way. I took it with a glass of milk. The thicker liquid gave the medication a better absorbancy which = less side effects. I have alopecia areota and had thinning of hair during treatment but I expected that due to underlying illness. I couldn't wait to finish this because the side effects basically got on my nerves I was tired of being tired but they weren't unbearable I could still function fine. I just kept in mind the day I got to "cross the finish line' a healthier version of myself thanks to mavyret. I was non detected at my 4 week visit btw. Despite some mild side effects that get on your nerves it's totally worth it, your future you will thank you for doing this.”

Jeannie March 13, 2020

Mavyret (glecaprevir / pibrentasvir): “Hi everyone, I'm from Germany, got HepC in the mid 80s. Happy there finally is an alternative to Interferon/Ribavirin! Started my 9th week (of 12) today. Only had very mild nausea and very mild diarrhea after the first doses, for 3-5 days, but did not feel sick or otherwise unable to work. Also had sudden fatigue that quickly disappeared after I had some rest. After the first week, I hardly even noticed I was on medication. Virus load was tested after W4 - and all HCV had gone, a miracle! Mid-July, I will have my SVR12 test. So let's keep spirits up, folks! Whatever the side effect - HepC has such a bad prognosis, high risks and may also have various co-diseases. There's rashes and joint/muscle pain (which I have had coming and going for some years now), and there may be many more. Hope for alleviation of my joint pain after the medication. I'd like to encourage everyone to go for the therapy. Let's get rid of the virus, and be free to live a healthy life!”

Learn more about Hepatitis C