User Reviews for Formoterol

Also known as: Perforomist, Foradil Aerolizer

Formoterol has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings on Drugs.com. 77% of those users who reviewed Formoterol reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Asthma, Maintenance
7.4
COPD, Maintenance
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis
10.0
Summary of Formoterol reviews 8.6 14 reviews

Reviews for Formoterol

April · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 25, 2020

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Foradil is the only drug that has ever worked for me so effectively and I've tried almost everything. My allergist tried to get me on something else as I have a side effect from Foradil where my hands shake but I don't mind. I'm staying in this drug for as long as I can.”

JJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 4, 2018

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “No other inhaler works as well as formotrol. Need to bring back the Foradil dry powder inhaler. It was amazing how well I could function. Using a nebulizer is difficult when you are employed”

Mils April 8, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Amazing for nocturnal asthma carries me through the night unlike ventolin I was waking to use this every few hours”

gladysw · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2012

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “This medicine has been a true miracle for me. I was on multiple medications, oxygen most of the day and night, and taking several nebulizing treatments a day. Have been on Foradil for two months and only use oxygen when I go to sleep at night, only take 3 nebulizing treatments a day, and have gotten off two of medications completely. I breathe better and feel better than I have in several years. I wish I had been given this medication much sooner. It is truly amazing the difference in the quality of my life that this medication has given me.”

Arinaz March 23, 2013

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Very effective for controling Asthma, but side effects almost killed me. After a few months I became alergic to wheat. I would get attacks that would double my heart rate and reduce my blood pressure to half. Also I felt so weak that I could hardly stand up. Went to a heart speacialist and all kinds tests, they could not find anything wrong with my heart. After getting off this medication, no more problems with wheat. Note: I also experienced the same thing with Asmanex Twisthaler.”

Wheezing from flu damage August 8, 2016

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “got influenza-type A about 7 weeks ago. I started wheezing a few days into it, went to hospital & they did typical asthma protocol and nothing worked. I had never had an asthma flare up before getting the flu, tho I was considered to have "mild" asthma. I was admitted to hospital. They could not stop my wheezing. I got in to see a pulminologist who said flu damaged my lung tissue. I was unable to do inhalers because of the severity of my condition. She put me on nebulized perforomist as well as nebulized pulmicort every 12 hrs. This is basically the nebulized version of Symbicort. Within just over 24 hrs my lungs were calm and quiet - it was great. I was also on 60mg pred that I was able to taper down once on this combination."”

Turn2Jesus · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2016

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “I got influenza-type A about 7 weeks ago. I started wheezing a few days into it, went to hospital & they did typical asthma protical and nothing worked. I had never had an asthma flare up before getting the flu, tho I was considered to have "mild" asthma. I was admitted to hospital. They could not stop my wheezing. I got in to see a pulminologist who said flu damaged my lung tissue. I was unable to do inhalers because of the severity of my condition. She put me on nebulized perforomist as well as nebulized pulmicort every 12 hrs. This is basically the nebulized version of Symbicort. Within just over 24 hrs my lungs were calm and quiet - it was great. I was also on 60mg pred that I was able to taper down once on this combination.”

Sherry6 December 31, 2008

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Of all the asthma medications I have tried over the years Foradil has been the ONLY one that has given consistent, immediate and positive results.”

Anonymous August 20, 2011

Perforomist (formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “I have used this for about 2 years and it sure beats any of the others that I have used.”

dalesps · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2013

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “I've been using Foradil for 3 months and am very pleased with the results. I was using my Proventil every 3-4 hours. Now I use my inhaler maybe once a day.”

Kay pickle nose February 1, 2015

Perforomist (formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “My COPD is remarkedably better. I can breath much better. However, I also have 7 side effects.”

grouchy 1 May 8, 2015

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Have had more positive experience with Foradil aerolizer than ever had with any asthma inhaler only need once in 12 hours from morning to morning.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 9, 2016

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “I have been on foradil for years, and have had to find a new replacement as it doesn't seem available any longer.”

barry barry January 30, 2016

Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “What a joke, the system. It works 1/3 of the time. I sniff with a straw.”